Game 46: Sixers @ Warriors 1/30 10p TNT

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,941

Re: Game 46: Sixers @ Warriors 1/30 10p TNT 

Post#61 » by Mik317 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:52 am

NYSixersFan wrote:
Mik317 wrote:Oubre like half the damn roster has been overextended and the flaws show waaay more when that happens.

He started the season off the bench as a spark plug...has been starting and needing to score more recently.

NYSixersFan is over the top a bit but yeah Darryl has been super lucky that Biid and Maxey were so good early...this roster is doo doo if you look at it closely.

You don't need to look that closely to see all the crap on the roster that's been masked by Embiid and Maxey.

I'm not over the top on Morey at all. he's an elite level fraud that's been living off the OKC Harden trade and being the godfather of analytics.

I personally think a GM is only as good as their last move and also their next in a way. I have been on the Morey is washed wait list for a while myself but always prefaced it with "well he didn't have much to work with" or " well wait until the next move doe" or "Doc Rivers is Satan". Trading Ben for Harden...was the right move. Ben is potentially cooked and Harden, flame out in the playoffs or not at the very least was a positive impact for Maxey and Biid. Not maxing Harden was also the right move...the way he did it not so much as it caused Harden to get his fee fees hurt and hold us hostage BUT he got a solid package for another distressed asset. So in theory he's done a "fine" job....BUT hes the cause of Ben and Harden being distressed via keeping Doc on and being a sneaky snek on Harden. His ideal team of 3 stars and a bunch of hot mid is just not how the modern NBA works and yet he constantly ignores the back of the roster when every year there comes a time in which we desperately need it....so that "fine" is the best I can do. He needs to HIT on this next move, we have some assets and you can't rely on FA...but this injury probably allows him to just punt on the year like he wanted and hope that PG doesn't resign or Siakam pulls an Iggy and leaves the Pacers high and dry I guess.

TLDR: I am on your side of the fence and probably will pull up a chair after we do **** all next week lol
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,325

Post#62 » by Murray_17 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:55 am

phifans wrote:

Maybe everyone except Maxey (and Joel of course)

We have a bunch of expiring outside of Maxey and Joel, Reed cannot be traded without his consent and our only young prospect is Springer. Even Melton is an expiring.

We only can get picks for stuff like that. I don't understand what's the point on decimating the team for picks if you don't wanna trade Joel
phifans
Veteran
And1: 587

Post#63 » by phifans » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:07 am

Murray_17 wrote:
phifans wrote:

We have a bunch of expiring outside of Maxey and Joel, Reed cannot be traded without his consent and our only young prospect is Springer. Even Melton is an expiring.

We only can get picks for stuff like that. I don't understand what's the point on decimating the team for picks if you don't wanna trade Joel

Because we are going nowhere without Joel and all the expiring contracts would be useless after trade deadline.
Mik317
RealGM

Post#64 » by Mik317 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:10 am

phifans wrote:
Murray_17 wrote:
phifans wrote:

Because we are going nowhere without Joel and all the expiring contracts would be useless after trade deadline.

Cap space for this mythical FA that totally will come here
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Murray_17
RealGM

Post#65 » by Murray_17 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:15 am

phifans wrote:

Which is why you are not a seller but a buyer. What you're proposing doesn't make sense. If you don't buy, you keep the expiring and create cap space for the off season.

What contender is gonna pick a large and old expiring? unless you want to trade to a team trying to get to the floor, which doesn't exist.
phifans
Veteran

Post#66 » by phifans » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:18 am

Mik317 wrote:
phifans wrote:
Murray_17 wrote:

Won't affect our cap space just to trade Tobi and Melton for some picks and other lesser expiring contracts.
NYSixersFan
Analyst
And1: 1,604

Post#67 » by NYSixersFan » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:18 am

Mik317 wrote:
phifans wrote:
Murray_17 wrote:

I'm sure Elton will sell the FA's on the "Philly special"
phifans
Veteran

Post#68 » by phifans » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:22 am

Murray_17 wrote:
phifans wrote:

Which is why you are not a seller but a buyer. What you're proposing doesn't make sense. If you don't buy, you keep the expiring and create cap space for the off season.

What contender is gonna pick a large and old expiring? unless you want to trade to a team trying to get to the floor, which doesn't exist.

Assuming some teams who fight for playoff berth would have interests in Tobi and Melton
Mik317
RealGM

Post#69 » by Mik317 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:24 am

but no seriously tho this game shows what the team will REQUIRE in the future....probably not this deadline but if we want to win.

GOT to get real shooting threats to make the defense pay for doubling Biid. House, Oubre, Tobias are either too streaky or too gunshy. GOT to get more athletic in general. Teams run on us for free and while yeah this is Biid its also our wings being slow footed in general...get Nurse his long africans so he can do his go get him defense.
GOT to get guys who can penetrate...Bev has been quietly good at this but lets be real not his game longterm.

All of the above will make it so Biid doesn't have to always try to be a giant Kobe. Doesn't HAVE to be the one to put out fires. Doesn't HAVE to be the whole offense. So when he does get knicked up or is in his moods or just having an off night...the team doesn't revert to process levels. Yes Maxey, Melton and to a lesser extent Batum being out does make it a lot worse than it probably is but the above would help those guys too.

Again its easy for me to say and I know its hard but we have spent two of the last 3 seasons in a standstill because of trade requests and lack of assets and that has been the excuse to why the 7-15 spots on the rosters are chuff and then go shocked Pikachu when an injury happens and wonder why the team falls off so hard lol. Now watch as they finally trade Korkmaz for some scrub and a fake second and bring back Danny Green's corpse and call it a day
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Murray_17
RealGM

Post#70 » by Murray_17 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:26 am

phifans wrote:
Assuming some teams who fight for playoff berth would have interests in Tobi and Melton

What contender needs Tobias? :-?

Melton is possible but why do you expect to get for him? a heavily protected first? several seconds? that's just a bad trade
Decipher
Rookie
And1: 983

Post#71 » by Decipher » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:40 am

Murray_17 wrote:
phifans wrote:

Melton is possible but why do you expect to get for him? a heavily protected first? several seconds? that's just a bad trade

GSW
Murray_17
RealGM

Post#72 » by Murray_17 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:47 am

Decipher wrote:
GSW

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That requires taking Wiggins which is not an expiring contract and/or CP3.

Also GSW is not a contender at this point, let's be serious.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,649

Post#73 » by winforlose » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:50 am

Decipher wrote:
Murray_17 wrote:
phifans wrote:

GSW

The Wolves would have interest in Melton. You wouldn’t get Miller or Minott, but Shake Milton and Troy Brown Jr isn’t out of the question. Both are non guaranteed next year and if any team can salvage Shake it would be Philly. TBJ has shown flashes of a better defending Taurean Prince, and for 4 million could be great value next year. Maybe the Wolves toss in a 2nd as sweetener.
Murray_17
RealGM

Post#74 » by Murray_17 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:53 am

winforlose wrote:The Wolves would have interest in Melton. You wouldn’t get Miller or Minott, but Shake Milton and Troy Brown Jr isn’t out of the question. Both are non guaranteed next year and if any team can salvage Shake it would be Philly. TBJ has shown flashes of a better defending Taurean Prince, and for 4 million could be great value next year. Maybe the Wolves toss in a 2nd as sweetener.

????

There is a reason why the team let him walk.

And i'm not letting Melton go for a consolation second round pick.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,649

Post#75 » by winforlose » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:55 am

Murray_17 wrote:
winforlose wrote:The Wolves would have interest in Melton. You wouldn’t get Miller or Minott, but Shake Milton and Troy Brown Jr isn’t out of the question. Both are non guaranteed next year and if any team can salvage Shake it would be Philly. TBJ has shown flashes of a better defending Taurean Prince, and for 4 million could be great value next year. Maybe the Wolves toss in a 2nd as sweetener.

????

There is a reason why the team let him walk.

I was under the impression you guys wanted him back. Sorry if that was wrong.
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,584

Post#76 » by SixthStreet » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:09 am

I think you could get a FRP each for Harris and Melton given the wacko prices for mid players in this deadlines price.

I'd do that and have the ammo to actually have real championship equity next year.

Everyone saying we are wasting a year of Embiid's prime needs to take the shortest of a long term outlook. This and next year, and see if we are better served pissing away our assets for a marginal upgrade like Murray to this team for both years or have 6-7 FRPs to do something with along with the cap space for next years team if we sell parts now in an inflated market.
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,584

Post#77 » by SixthStreet » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:14 am

The funny thing is even if we trade Harris and Melton this team will do precisely what they'd do with both of them...lose in the second round. I don't understand the dogmatic opposition to being a seller at the deadline. The only valid reason I see is that it would piss off Embiid to the point he requests a trade. Only Morey and others in the organization would know if that is actually a possibility.
phifans
Veteran

Post#78 » by phifans » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:25 am

SixthStreet wrote:The funny thing is even if we trade Harris and Melton this team will do precisely what they'd do with both of them...lose in the second round. I don't understand the dogmatic opposition to being a seller at the deadline. The only valid reason I see is that it would piss off Embiid to the point he requests a trade. Only Morey and others in the organization would know if that is actually a possibility.

If we are about to be a seller it must be that Joel will be missing for quite a while so he has no valid reason to be mad at that cos he can't be mad at himself.
Decipher
Rookie
And1: 983

Post#79 » by Decipher » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:13 am

Murray_17 wrote:
Decipher wrote:
GSW

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That requires taking Wiggins which is not an expiring contract and/or CP3.

Also GSW is not a contender at this point, let's be serious.

Hornets got a 1st from the Heat for Rozier

No reason why Tobias shouldn’t fetch something similar for CP3 and filler
Kova
Veteran
And1: 728

Post#80 » by Kova » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:21 am

As much as I respect Pat Bev, he can't be our starting guard, or 6th man. His role should be 15-18 mpg as in the beginning of the season.

Clearly we're struggling with injuries and it's tearing us apart. We can't win games not only without our star players, but also without our role players who are hurt (Melton, Cov).

I'm more sure than ever that we're gonna need to trade for Brogdon.

Regarding Embiid, this is becoming a very concerning issue now. It's not about last night's incident where he was landed on. I don't think it looked that bad to have broken something.
I'm more concerned about the fact that he has ongoing swelling issues, and I wonder what is the reason for that. Does he have some structural damage in his knee that he is playing through? If yes, then we're f***ed because he'll need to go under the knife at some point to fix it. He is just making it worse by playing through it. And by the playoffs time, it won't heal on its own. Unless he needs a month off for therapy, but then again, will that solve the problem?

Return to Philadelphia 76ers