Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,780

Re: G54: Sixers v Heat 2/14 7pm ET 

Post#82 » by Skates » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:26 am

bball4life wrote:Oubre cost them this game with his dumbassery

Oubre was not good, Bamba was doing bad Bamba things and Payne did not have his shot going tonight. With the lack of D until other guys get back they have to all have good games to beat decent teams.

Still loving Ricky though, man plays with energy and toughness plus some skills without being completely chaotic the way Oubre can be. Kid is a definite NBA player, all the more once the shot starts feeling good on basic catch and shoots.
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,202

Post#83 » by M2J » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:29 am

76ciology wrote:We ran the initial action that led to a 2v1 in the paint, but the two players mostly involved were Reed and KJ Martin. Bam stayed in the paint, challenging them to take the shot. Reed even was forced to take one shot at FT line area and missed. And if one of them drove, Jacquez or Highsmith crashed into the paint to provide help.

It got frustrating that Maxey and Hield decided to take it on their own against multiple defenders against the zone defense.

At the 9-minute mark, there was a possession where we had Hield at the free-throw line with Council and Oubre at the wings, but the defense clogged the FT line and paint area, challenging Council and Oubre to take those shots.

This game highlighted the downside of having two non-floor spacers at the 4 and 5 positions. However, don't worry, it won't be the case after the break once Batum returns and eventually Embiid returns.

2 low experienced, low skilled, non shooters at the 4 and 5.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,822

Post#84 » by phillynative » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:56 am

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
phillynative wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:PAYNE! YOU HAVE TO GO GET THE BALL! JESUS CHRIST MAN! YOU STOOD THERE AND WATCHED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

:banghead:
Him and KJ
:crazy:

Atleast we have the comfort of knowing they are 3rd stringers.

Dude, you know me. I'm a KJ Stan, but he's got to do better. He's got to use his God given athletic ability. I know he tried to box out Bam and for the most part he did. I was more angry at Payne for just standing there watching things go down. Payne was frustrating tonight. Jacking up shot after shot in the third and laying nothing but masonry all but evaporated the cushion of a lead we had when Maxey was shelved for a few minutes. I like Cameron Payne, but am I overreacting when I say that I've already seen enough? I'd rather see Terquavian Smith over Payne. He plays better defense, he has some length to him as well. Payne is serviceable, but he needs to be on a short leash if he's bricking shots.

I'm not worried about Payne like you said he was frustrating this game but he's serviceable.
We will be pretty deep at guard once Lowry joins and Melton returns. I think he will get spot mins down the stretch and maybe less if he plays like he did tonite.

One thing is also certain Bev would have went and got that rebound not just stood and watched it.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,822

Post#85 » by phillynative » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:43 am

bball4life wrote:Oubre cost them this game with his dumbassery

It's like Oubre felt left out of the 3pt shooting that Maxey and Hield were already providing. Like a poster said earlier all Oubre needed to do was continue to drive the ball, no one was going to be able to stay in front of him. Instead he settled for contested 3's 1 after the other and fell out of rhythm bricking them.

I'm not too concerned about Oubre though I still like what he provides . He will return to the bench as a bench scorer with Lowry taking away some of those 3pt attempts and will run the offense getting the team better shots. So with a healthier lineup there will be less decision making from him and the other knuckle heads lol

Return to Philadelphia 76ers