Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

NYSixersFan
Analyst
And1: 1,604

Re: Game 57: Bucks @ 76ers 

Post#121 » by NYSixersFan » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:36 am

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
NYSixersFan wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:Whoa, the troll bots are fighting each other.

You can't possibly be calling me a troll. I'm the voice of truth.

No you're absolutely a troll.

You're very sensitive. Relax man.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,940

Post#122 » by Mik317 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:50 am

Been the case all year.

Biid had masked a lot of the flaws on the back of him being elite from mid range, somehow leveling up his passing and putting out fires on defense.

the problem is that dude's body isn't capable of doing that full time lol. Harden as semi washed as he may have been at times...was able to run the show and for the most parts Biid could just coast into easy middies all day last year (this left us complacent come playoff time because we had no other plan of attack tho lol) and he could do so with or without Biid for enough stretches to win games when he was out....or being sad. This issue is that Harden is also a sad boy and wants to play his way no matter what....so maxing that was risky..and then he got his fee fees hurt soooooo but the "idea" was sound.

I love Maxey but he's not good enough to carry yet and may never be (which is not the end of the world as he still profiles as a very good 2 or 3 with his off ball ability if nothing else). This is where the IDEA of Tobias Harris should help but idk he has been awful and I fully expect it to come out too late that he is actually hurt or some **** because even during the real bad times he didn't look this off.

But right now the team has guys who are being overextended in their roles and while yeah injuries suck....this is like year what 8 of the back up center position costing the team. Get a guy who can spot start but also stretch the floor so he can play with Biid so you aren't putting so much resources into a 10 minute role playoff time. Bamba can't stretch the floor and can't rebound or spot start...Reed is too much of a spaz to play the 4 it seems and has been too shaky for big 5 minutes...and going small doesn't work when its Tobias who has the awareness of a gnat, Batum is old and Martin is too short. (Cov MIGHT be able to do it but his body is glass and he also has ADHD lol)

Again the great team has things in play that helps hide their best players flaws. Jokic is not a great rim protector so they surrounded him with long rangy wings who can either stop penetration or defend the rim themselves. Giannis lacks a bag so they got him either a PG who can set him up and now a top tier closer...Bropez also allows him to roam on defense and also space the floor for him on offense. The fact that this franchise keeps just hoping that Biid can not only be the offense but also be the defense and also do so at big minutes and also not get worn out doing so and then get surprised when his body...the same body that is kinda the reason he is even on the team in a sense breaks down because of it and then he probably rushes back because the team can;t exist without him and thus the cycle continues is nuts to me.

and I know certain peeps will say "see this is why we should trade him doe" which yeah sure I guess but considering even my fanboy ass might have traded him for Scoot Henderson this past offseason.....who may be one of the woat rookies ever rn...and the fact that THIS is what the current FO thought was okay roster building...idk i can do another 10 years of mid at best and I still may take my chances for a fluke run with the big oaf lol....this is still better than the Iggy era IMO despite it all.

But yeah build a TEAM that can at least stay afloat without Biid at his peak powers...so when you do get it, its a blowout and a tough out... again Biid HAD to score 70 to beat the Spurs this year...awesome performance but come on mayne....
#NeverGonnaBeGood
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,747

Post#123 » by 76ciology » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:16 am

We have non-star players with flaws, and one way to address this problem is by leveraging our depth and rotation.

When a starter is struggling, we can adjust their role by essentially using them as a bench player while still allowing them to start.

Currently, Tobias is struggling. To counter this, we substitute him with Kelly Oubre. If Oubre also struggles, we may consider subbing in Council or KJ Martin.

In the Bucks game, Hield was struggling. It's unclear whether his rhythm was thrown off by Nurse's surprising small-ball lineup. Similarly, if Maxey goes into a slump, we counter this by subbing in Melton. If Melton still struggles, we could increase the minutes for Lowry or Payne in the backcourt.

During the Bucks game, we seemed to exhaust our options at the wing position, leading us to play Lowry and Payne more when Oubre and Tobias were struggling. While I might have considered playing Council more, Nurse may have decided to prioritize Lowry and Payne due to their stronger perimeter scoring and shooting abilities, which could counter the Bucks' double-big lineup featuring Giannis and Brook Lopez.

Ultimately, it's challenging to win games when Tobias, Oubre, and Hield are struggling. When this happens, much of the scoring responsibility falls to Lowry, Payne, Council, and Martin. Offensively, Reed played aggressively, perhaps feeling the need to step up on offense. Defensively, we struggled against the Bucks' hot shooting in the first half, compounded by the referees granting Giannis favorable calls. On a positive note, our defensive efforts improved in terms of deflections, steals, and blocks, and our three-point shooting improved in the second half, allowing us to make a comeback. However, the deficit from the first half and the Bucks' hot shooting were too much to overcome.

This game serves as a valuable learning experience for our team, providing insight into playing non-Embiid minutes against another top team in the East. Hopefully, shooting slumps will end, and we'll solidify our roles and become more organized as we face the Celtics in the next game and mostly weaker teams later on.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,074

Post#124 » by Bum Adebayo » Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:07 pm

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:
Phila Tough wrote:Embiid truly is the system. This team goes from below average to elite with Embiid.

Problem is that this system breaks down in Playoffs because Joel Embiid is a Regular Season player who is average at best in Playoffs. So I don't know what we are doing with this team if Embiid is the system, this can't possibly end well...

You should totally follow another team on another forum if you feel this way.

I don't follow teams based on individual players, I will be a Sixers fan regardless of its players.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,606

Post#125 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:43 pm

NYSixersFan wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
NYSixersFan wrote:
You can't possibly be calling me a troll. I'm the voice of truth.

Classic troll response and totally expected. Anything new? "You're sensitive"...Good one bro. Like I said, you've used it before.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,467

Post#126 » by Eyeamok » Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:44 pm

It's all about finding an identity. This team without Joel is struggling to find one. Which is not uncommon when your best player goes out. Other teams are focusing on Maxey which happens. But the good news is this team's weaknesses are glaring, but we have the cap space and the drat capital to do something about it. Now the ball is squarely in Morey court.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

Bring on the draft

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,824

Post#127 » by phillynative » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:09 pm

Eyeamok wrote:It's all about finding an identity. This team without Joel is struggling to find one. Which is not uncommon when your best player goes out. Other teams are focusing on Maxey which happens. But the good news is this team's weaknesses are glaring, but we have the cap space and the drat capital to do something about it. Now the ball is squarely in Morey court.

I think what the identity should of been without Embiid is run and gun offense like the pacers or hawks. It doesn't make us a good team but formidable enough to hold the team down until Embiid returns. Ultimately this could of been done if Morey was able to find a Big PG to play with Maxey and a back up Big with some size that can either Roll/Catch oops or stretch the floor and on the defensive end Reb or Blocks shots(I know your not going to get all of the above with a backup).

Offensively that gives you a player that can run the offense and allow Maxey to focus on scoring. A big that can get you easy baskets when the offense is stagnant.(A quick P&R or P&P) Maxey speed collapses the defense but he is still growing as a playmaker and he doesn't have much options to dish to.

Defensively A big PG would guard the bigger backcourt player.We have too many small guards. They are also always scrambling because with Reed in the middle we are alway at a size disadvantage. So our guards and wings are always helping off the perimeter when the defense collapses because Reed needs help in the paint.

Lonzo Ball/Lowry
Tyrese Maxey/Melton
Tobi/Council
Batum/Tobi/KJ
Drummond/Reed
NYSixersFan
Analyst
And1: 1,604

Post#128 » by NYSixersFan » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:52 pm

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
NYSixersFan wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:

Classic troll response and totally expected. Anything new? "You're sensitive"...Good one bro. Like I said, you've used it before.

That's because you're overly sensitive and full of sh....You'[re one of the first to bitch and moan when things go badly.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,467

Post#129 » by Eyeamok » Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:07 pm

phillynative wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:It's all about finding an identity. This team without Joel is struggling to find one. Which is not uncommon when your best player goes out. Other teams are focusing on Maxey which happens. But the good news is this team's weaknesses are glaring, but we have the cap space and the drat capital to do something about it. Now the ball is squarely in Morey court.

I think what the identity should of been without Embiid is run and gun offense like the pacers or hawks. It doesn't make us a good team but formidable enough to hold the team down until Embiid returns. Ultimately this could of been done if Morey was able to find a Big PG to play with Maxey and a back up Big with some size that can either Roll/Catch oops or stretch the floor and on the defensive end Reb or Blocks shots(I know your not going to get all of the above with a backup).

Offensively that gives you a player that can run the offense and allow Maxey to focus on scoring. A big that can get you easy baskets when the offense is stagnant.(A quick P&R or P&P) Maxey speed collapses the defense but he is still growing as a playmaker and he doesn't have much options to dish to.

Defensively A big PG would guard the bigger backcourt player.We have too many small guards. They are also always scrambling because with Reed in the middle we are alway at a size disadvantage. So our guards and wings are always helping off the perimeter when the defense collapses because Reed needs help in the paint.

Lonzo Ball/Lowry
Tyrese Maxey/Melton
Tobi/Council
Batum/Tobi/KJ
Drummond/Reed

Are you saying we should have traded for Dejounte Murray? If not him then who? Not Lonzo Ball right? That guy has not played all season long and he might never play again. So I don't see how he even figures into a fantasy lineup. There is a rumor that we had a deal for Drummond but the Bulls pulled out of at the last minute. That would have solved a lot of our center issues now and if Joel comes back. It takes two to trade and the Bulls decided, from all accounts, they did not want to trade. Nothing you can do about that. But like I said the course for this team is clear. Morey needs to fill in the holes and quickly.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

Bring on the draft

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
brannigan73
Rookie
And1: 651

Post#130 » by brannigan73 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:53 pm

Phila Tough wrote:Embiid truly is the system. This team goes from below average to elite with Embiid.

I dont buy the elite part. The Sixers had one of the easiest schedules in the league before Embiid got hurt. They would lose to Boston and Milwaueek in a 7 game series if totally healthy at playoff time and 50/50, at best, to beat Cavs or Knicks. Those rosters are so much deeper then ours with more shot creators and Embiid unfortunately in the playoffs is rarely at his best. Look at the Knicks. They have so many guys that can create at least decent NBA offense on there own: Randle, Brunson, Bogdanovic, DiVencenzo, Hart, and Anunboy. We have three guys that can do that in Embiid, Maxey and Harris (when he feels like it). Now the Sixers have the best player, and that means a lot, and I would say tie for second best in Maxey and Brunson but we need those guys guys to have A games all the time while the Knicks have annoying role players that can go bonkers in random games and swing the tide. We can't put out units where everyone can put the ball on the floor and create for themselves and others. The Knicks can. Randle, Bogey, Anunboy, Brunson, and Divincenzo or Hart that lineup will flay the Sixers alive and it did that one home game minus Bogey.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,824

Post#131 » by phillynative » Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:49 pm

Eyeamok wrote:
phillynative wrote:

Lonzo Ball/Lowry
Tyrese Maxey/Melton
Tobi/Council
Batum/Tobi/KJ
Drummond/Reed

Are you saying we should have traded for Dejounte Murray? If not him then who? Not Lonzo Ball right? That guy has not played all season long and he might never play again. So I don't see how he even figures into a fantasy lineup. There is a rumor that we had a deal for Drummond but the Bulls pulled out of at the last minute. That would have solved a lot of our center issues now and if Joel comes back. It takes two to trade and the Bulls decided, from all accounts, they did not want to trade. Nothing you can do about that. But like I said the course for this team is clear. Morey needs to fill in the holes and quickly.

I'm just saying what I think would be the best realistic non Embiid , Maxey led team to hold down the fort. Ball or Dummond are just prototypes I believe the team needs.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,606

Post#132 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:00 am

NYSixersFan wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
NYSixersFan wrote:

That's because you're overly sensitive and full of sh....You'[re one of the first to bitch and moan when things go badly.

Yeah yeah yeah, go cry in your car about Daryl Morey some more. You sound like the type that gets washed up in a Dunkin Donuts parking lot because you were listening to Meghan Trainor in your Hyundai too loud. Go take your moist self over to the Daryl Morey self help meeting.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,944

Post#133 » by Foshan » Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:43 am

This thread has obviously lost it's purpose.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers