ImageImageImage

G59: Sixers v Hornets 3/1 7pm ET

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,233

Re: G59: Sixers v Hornets 3/1 7pm ET 

Post#81 » by eyeatoma » Sat Mar 2, 2024 6:39 am

Chalk me up as someone who would do a deal with the devil and sign Bridges. Dude has that it factor.
Jhawk03
Pro Prospect
And1: 342

Post#82 » by Jhawk03 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 9:15 am

ivysixer2000 wrote:
76ciology wrote:Everyone makes mistake or goes through a slump. Bum will have his revenge game like Tobias soon.

Hey, we both saw it when it happened, both polite....I overlooked his post on purpose and just answered the question

But I was giggling the whole time. I do agree, he will come back with a vengeance

I really needed that laugh, let him cook.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,451

Post#83 » by Eyeamok » Sat Mar 2, 2024 9:35 am

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:
Mik317 wrote:
Both are Klutch guys , no?

Maxey is not really clutch from what I've seen, Bridges maybe but he is not your star that has to carry you.

Oh brother... You... Just.... Nevermind.

Absolutely classic.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
Jhawk03
Pro Prospect

Post#84 » by Jhawk03 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 9:42 am

Bum Adebayo wrote:
Mik317 wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:Maxey getting buddy-buddy with Miles Bridges. We all know Morey was interested. Wouldn't be surprised if he signed this summer. Controversial, but talented af.

Maxey is not really clutch from what I've seen, Bridges maybe but he is not your star that has to carry you.

Between me and you Bum because I don't block people, but I want you to figure out what I'm about to tell you about Maxey.

You're searching for the wrong "dawg" here, I mean to say this... Maxey may not be clutch NOW, but he has the "dawg" that is willing to work and figure out how to become clutch (or Klutch :lol:) I still believe sincerely you were ignorant of Klutch sports and went with the "clutch" definition, which made this my personal favorite post of the year so far.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#85 » by Eyeamok » Sat Mar 2, 2024 9:55 am

Jhawk03 you are right. It was not that long ago all Maxey had was a float game. Each off season he has come back and added some new wrinkle to his game. So you are right getting that "dawg" mentality becoming clutch is something I would not put past him. He learned a lot from Harden and he is going to learn how a winner thinks and behaves from Lowry. You can say a lot of bad things about about the 76ers but they have exposed Maxey to players that have helped and can help him grow. They have invested in him and he has been an excellent student in taking his teachings and running with them.

Marlo
Jhawk03
Pro Prospect

Post#86 » by Jhawk03 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 10:07 am

Eyeamok wrote:Jhawk03 you are right. It was not that long ago all Maxey had was a float game. Each off season he has come back and added some new wrinkle to his game. So you are right getting that "dawg" mentality becoming clutch is something I would not put past him. He learned a lot from Harden and he is going to learn how a winner thinks and behaves from Lowry. You can say a lot of bad things about about the 76ers but they have exposed Maxey to players that have helped and can help him grow. They have invested in him and he has been an excellent student in taking his teachings and running with them.

Absolutely, and considering the history of this franchise and failure to develop this type of player, it's a win as far as I'm concerned moving forward.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,012

Post#87 » by Bum Adebayo » Sat Mar 2, 2024 11:39 am

Jhawk03 wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:
Mik317 wrote:

Between me and you Bum because I don't block people, but I want you to figure out what I'm about to tell you about Maxey.

You're searching for the wrong "dawg" here, I mean to say this... Maxey may not be clutch NOW, but he has the "dawg" that is willing to work and figure out how to become clutch (or Klutch :lol:) I still believe sincerely you were ignorant of Klutch sports and went with the "clutch" definition, which made this my personal favorite post of the year so far.

I've been here since 2016, there is no way I wouldn't know about Klutch after the whole Simmons saga.
Great takes since 2024-04-20
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,012

Post#88 » by Bum Adebayo » Sat Mar 2, 2024 11:41 am

I've already conceded many times Maxey is a hard working player and has heart, something most of our previous high profile players lacked. So I don't doubt him for a moment in that regard. I just doubt his talent and potential, that's all, like you can make the most out of your potential with hard work and improving constantly, but if the baseline talent is not that high, the end result won't be that good. I think we are fine with him, just don't think of him as that missing star or something. He will be fine as 3rd option in playoffs I think, you just need two players better than him on the team to be a true contender.
Great takes since 2024-04-20
Zumramania
Senior
And1: 411

Post#89 » by Zumramania » Sat Mar 2, 2024 11:42 am

If Tobias goes off against anyone, these are the bum teams. Against the Celtics he will score 10 points on 30% shooting. But I hope that these kind of performances raise his value so that Morey cannot even think about resigning him!
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,518

Post#90 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sat Mar 2, 2024 12:26 pm

Zumramania wrote:If Tobias goes off against anyone, these are the bum teams. Against the Celtics he will score 10 points on 30% shooting. But I hope that these kind of performances raise his value so that Morey cannot even think about resigning him!

I didn't want to be the one to point this out last night, but it's so true. He torched the Hornets last night and against Dallas on Sunday he'll score 7 points and be a total non-factor.
It took me a while to see it with him, but his games (especially without Embiid) are very predictable. If we're going to stay in the 5th spot, we need a miracle of consistent performances from him the rest of the way. I would love to see him put together a nice run of play for the remainder of the season, but I'm not holding my breath.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#91 » by Eyeamok » Sat Mar 2, 2024 2:52 pm

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
Zumramania wrote:If Tobias goes off against anyone, these are the bum teams. Against the Celtics he will score 10 points on 30% shooting. But I hope that these kind of performances raise his value so that Morey cannot even think about resigning him!

I didn't want to be the one to point this out last night, but it's so true. He torched the Hornets last night and against Dallas on Sunday he'll score 7 points and be a total non-factor.
It took me a while to see it with him, but his games (especially without Embiid) are very predictable. If we're going to stay in the 5th spot, we need a miracle of consistent performances from him the rest of the way. I would love to see him put together a nice run of play for the remainder of the season, but I'm not holding my breath.

I think Harris and his father have done an amazing job throughout the years of getting him paid. But he is not and never has been a big game contributer over an extended period of time. While Joel is out this is his chance to shine consistently. And yet here we are having Joel to prop him up talking about it's just basketball. SMH

Marlo
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,734

Post#92 » by the_process » Sat Mar 2, 2024 2:55 pm

Arsenal wrote:
the_process wrote:Ummmm... a March 1st home game against Charlotte, and Maxey is playing 39 minutes and Lowry is playing 36 minutes??

Nurse is straight up certifiable at this point.

You realize they needed to win right?

Again, it's Charlotte at home in March. If that's a must win game, and they can't do it without playing Maxey (almost) the whole game and using a mostly washed retread for 3/4 of the game... the hill is too big to climb.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,734

Post#93 » by the_process » Sat Mar 2, 2024 2:58 pm

HotelVitale wrote:Bum has moved on to constantly ish posting about Maxey huh. Interesting.

It's his shtick. He would move back and forth between Ben and Jo, too. Maxey is the next target.
Jailblazers7
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,425

Post#94 » by Jailblazers7 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:02 pm

eyeatoma wrote:Chalk me up as someone who would do a deal with the devil and sign Bridges. Dude has that it factor.

Hard pass for me. Sports are only fun when it’s enjoyable to root for the people on your team.

I had a similar experience growing up a Steelers fan with Ben Roethlisberger. He was such a massive POS that I eventually stopped watching their games because I found it so hard to root for his success.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#95 » by LloydFree » Sat Mar 2, 2024 7:53 pm

Well, they won a game because they finally went with the 3 guard lineup that makes the most sense. Maxey isn't a PG, and you're not going to win games with him as both the PG and best player on the team. Lowry should have been starting from the beginning.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
brannigan73
Rookie
And1: 617

Post#96 » by brannigan73 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 10:13 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:
Mik317 wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:Maxey getting buddy-buddy with Miles Bridges. We all know Morey was interested. Wouldn't be surprised if he signed this summer. Controversial, but talented af.

The Sixers are not going to be getting a star that can carry them this off-season I'm sorry to tell you. Those guys are not acquired without young prospects AND lots of first round picks. If the Sixers could get a player of Bridges caliber this off season and another decent starter and a couple roleplayers that really fit it would be a great off-season for them.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,866

Post#97 » by Stanford » Sun Mar 3, 2024 1:07 am

LloydFree wrote:Well, they won a game because they

Played the Hornets

Return to Philadelphia 76ers