ImageImageImage

Game 60 Sixers V Mavs : Eff Dalass?

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,450

Re: Game 60 Sixers V Mavs : Eff Dalass? 

Post#161 » by Eyeamok » Mon Mar 4, 2024 2:24 am

People praise Harris but these are the types of games, a guy making his kind of money, should be having most of the time. Fantastic game by Obure. As Bum said for the money he is being paid that was a great performance and I want him on this team next season.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
Sixercise
Sixth Man
And1: 471

Post#162 » by Sixercise » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:15 am

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:I missed the game, but I'm happy and surprised to see we got a W. We have an opportunity to win a few more in a row before we run into the Knicks on a B2B and even then...I think we can steal one from them. LIke I said, I'm very surprised we got by Dallas today. We've won 2 in a row and the next three games all look winnable at the very least. Maybe we've got something going?

If Shake signs with the knicks in time for that game, I like our chances
rilamann wrote:Leave Simmons alone, your back would be sore too if you didn't have a spine.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,565

Post#163 » by 76ciology » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:25 am

The two defensive mistakes I noticed with the Mavs are: Firstly, I don't think they should send a trap on Maxey, as it often leads to a 4v5 situation on defense. But I suppose the Mavs' defense revolves around their big playing a lot like a goalie around the rim. They can't afford to have that goalie dancing with Maxey and being left outside the paint, because Doncic and Kyrie are two weak help defenders, making it hard to rotate on defense.

Secondly, they should have left Lowry open to take those threes, instead of closing hard on him and allowing him to drive to the paint and pass to open teammates. My assumption is that the Mavs want to close out on all shooters, forcing them to either drive to their rim protector or take mid-range shots.

On offense, this game almost epitomizes what we're trying to build. We were able to capitalize on what the defense was giving us and punish them accordingly. Even Bamba and Reed contributed on offense.

Tonight, the Mavs sent traps to Maxey after he torched them for 17 points in the first quarter. They also employed a lot of zone defense, where having Tobi or Batum floating around the free-throw line served as a good counter on offense.
Spoiler:
[x]
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=bJcUtOCSwzTqqyZgysWpbQ[/x]
It’s similar to what how Heat usually play on defense with Herro and Duncan Robinson.

Offensively, the Mavs relentlessly hunted Maxey. We rotated well on defense, except during an 11-0 run and in the first quarter when we left corner shooters open.

In terms of the eye test, we resemble the Nuggets when Embiid is playing. However, in Embiid's absence, we look more like the Warriors. We utilize a lot of off-screen actions for Hield and Maxey, with Lowry playing a role similar to CP as a screener and facilitator. If the defense sends traps on Maxey, we have players who can make short rolls or exploit the open zones at the free-throw line, moving the ball to open shooters. Additionally, Oubre and Tobi take on roles similar to Kuminga and Wiggins on offense, attacking weak links via 1v1 matchups or capitalizing on defensive rotations. We often finish games with a small lineup featuring Batum, who may not be Draymond Green, but can defend positions 1 through 5, denying any 1-5 pick-and-roll opportunities.

Although there are still areas for improvement, we definitely have the talent to give the Celtics a tough challenge. With options like small ball, a two-guard lineup, a three-guard lineup, and a three-wings lineup, we have numerous combinations to throw at our opponents. While there are moments when our team looks confused, it's all part of the work in progress, and the potential is promising.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Jhawk03
Pro Prospect
And1: 342

Post#164 » by Jhawk03 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 10:27 am

Very good win. This game really highlights what this team is capable of if each player is able to play at or above their role.

Tobias has to be the 1a or 1b option with Maxey while Joel is out. It's obvious the difference Tobias makes when he steps up and plays to the level of his contract. If defenses are gonna focus on Maxey, Harris has to make them pay.

It'll be interesting to see how things progress, but if everyone can access their role and get into a rhythm then they can compete with the Celtics, Bucks, Knicks in the east. Getting Joel back at this stage is like making a huge in-season acquisition. I'll go as far to say the player that will benefit most when he returns, and it's not even close, is Lowry.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,011

Post#165 » by Bum Adebayo » Mon Mar 4, 2024 12:03 pm

Eyeamok wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:Oubre is amazing when he tries, too bad he feels underappreciated by this franchise, so why should he try?

This was the only franchise that offered him a contract. How can he feel underappreciated by the 76ers?

Not by the Sixers, by their fans.
Great takes since 2024-04-20

Return to Philadelphia 76ers