Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,565

Re: Game 63 : Sixers V Pels : Caw Caw or whatever noise Pelicans make 

Post#21 » by 76ciology » Sat Mar 9, 2024 10:13 am

Jhawk03 wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Jhawk03 wrote:Is this a game thread? It's less than a page so forgive me I'm extremely confused.

I forgot to activate my bots today, sorry about that

Okay, just don't let it happen again... the b2b injury olympics are coming up.

Ok sir copy
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,565

Post#22 » by 76ciology » Sat Mar 9, 2024 11:05 am

Basically, it's just a contest between Tobias and Oubre attacking their lengthy wing defenders like Herb Jones and Ingram (why did we kept on attacking Nance on defense to end the 3rd?!), resulting in a lot of missed shots from their teammates attempting heavily contested 3s.

On the flip side, Ingram and Zion are attacking Tobias and Oubre, resulting in a lot of successful shots from their teammates taking less challenged 3s.

I don't understand why Tobias and Oubre aren't targeting CJ and Alvarado on offense until the 3rd quarter; the Pels boasts one of the best defensive wing depths in the league.

Then, when Payne starts attacking their big, the Pelicans counter with Ingram hunting Payne.

I'm also not a fan of Lowry on offense. He can't break down the defense, he's not a good shooter, nor can he finish in the painted area. I might be okay with him when he's surrounded by Maxey and Embiid, but not now. He is slow in setting up the offense, leading to many possessions ending late in the shot clock. The offense was just so much better with Payne and Dowtin down the stretch because those two can drive and shoot.

Most times, basketball is just about generating favorable matchups, which determines how many good quality shots or 3s you can create. I think we're doing a bad job with that, sometimes even with Maxey.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,450

Post#23 » by Eyeamok » Sat Mar 9, 2024 12:37 pm

Not to worry Kai Jones is coming to save the day.

I love the effort Paul Reed and Oubre are giving game in and game out. I wonder if Buddy and Tobis know they are playing for a contract and not just playing out the final stretch of games ?
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,011

Post#24 » by Bum Adebayo » Sat Mar 9, 2024 2:07 pm

Yeah I love the effort Oubre gives, even if it's evident he is having a rough patch, it happens.
Great takes since 2024-04-20
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,518

Post#26 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sat Mar 9, 2024 3:59 pm

Pelicans...What an awful name for a franchise. I thought it couldn't get any worse than the Bobcats.
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#27 » by rzzzzz » Sat Mar 9, 2024 8:12 pm

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:Pelicans...What an awful name for a franchise. I thought it couldn't get any worse than the Bobcats.

Worse is the Utah Jazz. Kind of like all those lakes out in Los Angeles. (Bad enough stealing a franchise from another city, but to maintain a name that has nothing to do with where they land is lame. I can’t wait for the Los Vegas Dolphins or Seattle Phillies.)
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,518

Post#28 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sat Mar 9, 2024 10:08 pm

rzzzzz wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:Pelicans...What an awful name for a franchise. I thought it couldn't get any worse than the Bobcats.

Worse is the Utah Jazz. Kind of like all those lakes out in Los Angeles. (Bad enough stealing a franchise from another city, but to maintain a name that has nothing to do with where they land is lame. I can’t wait for the Los Vegas Dolphins or Seattle Phillies.)

As a lifelong Miami Dolphin fan/sufferer, that would be my only way out of disowning my fandom of that team. There's a part of me that hopes they relocate so I can just go ahead and follow the Browns. I love misery.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers