Buddy Hield
46%

Total votes: 61

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,571

Re: Next season 

Post#21 » by 76ciology » Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:56 am

I think we're just going to wait and see Hield's value with the team alongside Jojo. However, without Jojo, we're witnessing how he has played recently, and I'm not feeling optimistic about his recent offensive performance.

The flair screen hasn't been very effective, nor have the Spain pick-and-rolls that were touted to be his strengths. While his isolations were promising in the first 2-3 games, they've dropped off significantly in recent games. Mostly, he just jacks up a lot of threes, both in transition and half-court, resembling Roco or Dario's roles back then.

Among Tobi, Oubre, and Hield, I'm most impressed with Oubre so far. He seems to be a good fit for Nurse's system. Without Embiid, he can exploit mismatches and drive to the rim effectively. Additionally, he plays solid defense, making life difficult for wings and guards, and he can shoot threes from the left corner and left wing while also slashing and finishing around the rim.

At present, and this may change by the offseason, if asked whom I would sign among Hield, Oubre, or Tobias, I'd choose Oubre to replace Tobias. Then, I'd aim to acquire someone like Sam Merill or Isaiah Joe to replace Hield.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,734

Post#22 » by the_process » Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:42 pm

Shame that Glenn refused to play Joe, so Morey cut him to save money. :roll:

I want to say under no circumstances Tobias should be back, but as a vet min guy he could be useful off the bench. Luckily for me, someone else will pay him so I won't have to watch him anymore.

Oubre coming back is entirely dependent on whether or not the Sixers operate as an over the cap team. Because he's likely an MLE guy now.

Hield in theory should be awesome with Jo, but his percentages seem to have dropped significantly since he got to Philly. Chalk it up to yet another guy forgetting how to shoot here? :lol:

Paul George is Plan A, and go from there.
rulebook
Sophomore
And1: 69

Post#23 » by rulebook » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:17 pm

phifans wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:
phifans wrote:Why do you keep any of them ? What have they done to be worth of keeping ?

Play good basketball basically, also especially with Oubre, doing all the little things that don't show in box scores.

For min sure that won't hurt

There is no universe where Oubre signs for the minimum, anywhere.

His goal was to play into a more lucrative contract. He achieved his goal.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,014

Post#24 » by Bum Adebayo » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:48 pm

rulebook wrote:
phifans wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:
Play good basketball basically, also especially with Oubre, doing all the little things that don't show in box scores.

For min sure that won't hurt

There is no universe where Oubre signs for the minimum, anywhere.

His goal was to play into a more lucrative contract. He achieved his goal.

Yeah these guys are delusional, a minimum player is a guy that can barely contribute off the bench, Oubre is contributing regularly.
Great takes since 2024-04-20
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,084

Post#25 » by Murray_17 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:31 pm

The sooner we get rid of Bamba, Payne, Oubre and Tobias the better.

I never was a Tobias hater but he was massively overpaid and was never gonna live up to his contract. However, these last 2 months, have been brutal, guy is playing himself out of the league right now, so screw him

Hield needs to get a more limited role and Morey traded for him with the hopes of pairing him with Joel. And with how he''s playing resigning is gonna be easy so i guess he's comming back.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,200

Post#26 » by ProcessDoctor » Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:07 pm

Melton, when healthy, is a really good guard to pair with either Maxey or Hield. Ideally, he would be a bit bigger and a better facilitator. That player is Jrue Holiday, who'd be ideal here but that ship has probably sailed.

I think Hield and Melton will be able to be retained for relatively cheap. They are my 2 votes plus acquiring a wing via free agency or cap absorption.

Oubre is unique in that he's an athletic wing, which we have rarely had in recent years, but I don't think he'll be retained. Morey shouldn't even consider re-signing Tobias at this point. Renounce his cap hold and move the hell on.

I'm still waiting for the Reed/Embiid lineup with spacing 1-3. We could have our solution at PF on the roster but for some reason didn't even try it before Embiid went out.

Maxey/Melton
(Vet)/Hield
(FA/Trade)/Batum
(Room Exception)/Reed
Embiid/(Vet)

Morey has his work cut out for him.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
LeonJordanJr24
Sixth Man
And1: 550

Post#27 » by LeonJordanJr24 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:40 pm

Nah you bring oubre back unless DeRozan wants to come here ..
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,451

Post#28 » by Eyeamok » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:08 pm

Murray_17 wrote:The sooner we get rid of Bamba, Payne, Oubre and Tobias the better.

I never was a Tobias hater but he was massively overpaid and was never gonna live up to his contract. However, these last 2 months, have been brutal, guy is playing himself out of the league right now, so screw him

Hield needs to get a more limited role and Morey traded for him with the hopes of pairing him with Joel. And with how he''s playing resigning is gonna be easy so i guess he's comming back.

What's wrong with Oubre why do you want to show him the door so quickly? He plays with passion, intensity and he's trying to win.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
the_process
RealGM

Post#29 » by the_process » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:46 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:Melton, when healthy, is a really good guard to pair with either Maxey or Hield. Ideally, he would be a bit bigger and a better facilitator. That player is Jrue Holiday, who'd be ideal here but that ship has probably sailed.

I think Hield and Melton will be able to be retained for relatively cheap. They are my 2 votes plus acquiring a wing via free agency or cap absorption.

Oubre is unique in that he's an athletic wing, which we have rarely had in recent years, but I don't think he'll be retained. Morey shouldn't even consider re-signing Tobias at this point. Renounce his cap hold and move the hell on.

I'm still waiting for the Reed/Embiid lineup with spacing 1-3. We could have our solution at PF on the roster but for some reason didn't even try it before Embiid went out.

Maxey/Melton
(Vet)/Hield
(FA/Trade)/Batum
(Room Exception)/Reed
Embiid/(Vet)

Well, Holiday is a FA, and the Sixers have a ton of cap room...
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,084

Post#30 » by Murray_17 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:15 pm

Eyeamok wrote:
What's wrong with Oubre why do you want to show him the door so quickly? He plays with passion, intensity and he's trying to win.

No he's not.

His usg is gigantic, he's an offensive black hole, doesn't create spacing, averages as many assist as turnovers, all his advanced metrics are negative and his inconsistent defense doesn't make up for the rest of his offensive shortcomings.

He got here on the minimum on a year that initially was thought to be a transition one, outside of that there is a reason he only get picked up on losing teams.

Some team is gonna give him a contract over the minimum and I hope is not us.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,200

Post#31 » by ProcessDoctor » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:25 pm

the_process wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:Melton, when healthy, is a really good guard to pair with either Maxey or Hield. Ideally, he would be a bit bigger and a better facilitator. That player is Jrue Holiday, who'd be ideal here but that ship has probably sailed.

Maxey/Melton
(Vet)/Hield
(FA/Trade)/Batum
(Room Exception)/Reed
Embiid/(Vet)

I'm not opposed to it. We'll have roughly $68 mil just including Embiid/Reed/Maxey's cap hold. We could realistically re-sign Melton, Hield, Oubre, AND land Holiday. I'm sure we'll be checking in on Siakam and Anunoby too, depending on any Nurse beef lol.

Holiday/Melton
Maxey/Hield
Oubre/Batum
(Exception)/Reed
Embiid/(Vet min)
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#32 » by Eyeamok » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:37 am

Murray_17 wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:

No he's not.

His usg is gigantic, he's an offensive black hole, doesn't create spacing, averages as many assist as turnovers, all his advanced metrics are negative and his inconsistent defense doesn't make up for the rest of his offensive shortcomings.

He got here on the minimum on a year that initially was thought to be a transition one, outside of that there is a reason he only get picked up on losing teams.

Some team is gonna give him a contract over the minimum and I hope is not us.

I'm not saying you're wrong and I'm not saying your advanced stats are wrong. But when I watch games he's one of the few players that seem to be giving his all night in and night out. Maybe if the best player in the NBA was playing on the team, oubre wouldn't have to do so much and he could slide into his normal role and his advanced stats wouldn't be so bad. Maybe if he didn't have to pick up the slack for Tobias/melton etc he could be more efficient.

Marlo
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,571

Post#33 » by 76ciology » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:56 am

Would you re-sign Hield for $20-25M per year?
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#34 » by Eyeamok » Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:35 pm

the_process wrote:

Maxey/Melton
(Vet)/Hield
(FA/Trade)/Batum
(Room Exception)/Reed
Embiid/(Vet)

I believe Boston has to wait until April before they can extend Holiday.

Marlo
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,868

Post#35 » by Stanford » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:04 pm

If Boston were to choose not to extend Holiday, I would want no part of him.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,109

Post#36 » by Kobblehead » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:08 pm

76ciology wrote:Would you re-sign Hield for $20-25M per year?

Sounds about right.

It's going to be a tough decision if we don't get to see he and Embiid play together, though.
the_process
RealGM

Post#37 » by the_process » Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:22 pm

20 is a little too much IMO, but I would consider it.

Can't do 25M.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,235

Post#38 » by eyeatoma » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:51 am

Klay is playing way better, can easily play for a few more years, and will be atleast at the level of Buddy. Anyone have interest in him? Right now he looks like 90% of Klay of old.

Could go hard at the following:

Miles Bridges
Klay
OG
Pascal

If we signed Klay and kept Hield it would be pretty awesome, but the defense would be ass.
PhillyNj
Sixth Man
And1: 536

Post#39 » by PhillyNj » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:18 pm

the_process wrote:

20 is a little too much IMO, but I would consider it.

Can't do 25M.

Absolutely not. IMO he’s been the biggest disappointment. 5 maybe 6 mil. No more!
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,518

Post#40 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:42 pm

No more than 20 but that's me.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers