ImageImageImage

Game 68: The Heat Vs 76ers

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Re: Game 68: The Heat Vs 76ers 

Post#41 » by rzzzzz » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:49 pm

Stanford wrote:A solid backup center doesn't exist when you expect them to also be an effective starter for more than half the season. Otherwise, Paul Reed is a solid backup.

I hated losing Drummond to move Simmons. Seems like Chicago was asking a lot for him at the break. I’m probably overvaluing his consistency, especially in terms of Embiid’s months long recovery. But that’s who I was thinking of.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,734

Post#42 » by the_process » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:51 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:
the_process wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:We’re definitely going to overpay Oubre, aren’t we?

Fully depends on if they're staying over the cap to be able to give him the full MLE. Which is what I think he's going to get somewhere.

Oubre is a Top 40 player in this league, 29 teams would offer him more than that.

I get this is your shtick, but Oubre is not close to a top 40 player. I'm not even sure he's top 100, and I like Oubre. Going from a min guy to a full MLE guy is big leap up and speaks well of him. But he's still a dunce and you have to be careful of over using him.
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,183

Post#43 » by M2J » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:10 pm

rzzzzz wrote:
Stanford wrote:A solid backup center doesn't exist when you expect them to also be an effective starter for more than half the season. Otherwise, Paul Reed is a solid backup.

I hated losing Drummond to move Simmons. Seems like Chicago was asking a lot for him at the break. I’m probably overvaluing his consistency, especially in terms of Embiid’s months long recovery. But that’s who I was thinking of.

He was lobbying to come back as a free agent and Morey went with Harrell instead :banghead:
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,083

Post#44 » by Murray_17 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:45 pm

blargh wrote:
Murray_17 wrote:Nurse clearly has his favorites.

Buddy should have got pulled the minute he started to try to drive two times in a row.

And Bamba still plays too many minutes. Batum was amazing today, no reason to not try a small lineup

The KJ at center minutes were even worse than the Bamba minutes.

I was more thinking on Batum minutes at center
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,450

Post#45 » by Eyeamok » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:50 pm

Last night, in stretches, Mo Bamba played extremely well. It's almost like he can hear Kai Jones footstep approaching.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
rulebook
Sophomore
And1: 69

Post#46 » by rulebook » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:10 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:
the_process wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:We’re definitely going to overpay Oubre, aren’t we?

Fully depends on if they're staying over the cap to be able to give him the full MLE. Which is what I think he's going to get somewhere.

Oubre is a Top 40 player in this league, 29 teams would offer him more than that.

For this to be true, you need to believe that Oubre is one of the best second bananas in the league.

Is that what you're saying?
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,011

Post#47 » by Bum Adebayo » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:27 pm

rulebook wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:
the_process wrote:

For this to be true, you need to believe that Oubre is one of the best second bananas in the league.

Is that what you're saying?

This "banana" concept is antiquated, was Draymond Green not a Top 40 player in his prime? was he a second banana?
He simply does a bit of everything, score, defend, doing all the little things that don't show in box score... When you add it all he is Top 40 for me.
Great takes since 2024-04-20
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,919

Post#48 » by mjkvol » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:17 pm

blargh wrote:
Murray_17 wrote:Nurse clearly has his favorites.

Buddy should have got pulled the minute he started to try to drive two times in a row.

And Bamba still plays too many minutes. Batum was amazing today, no reason to not try a small lineup

The KJ at center minutes were even worse than the Bamba minutes.

The maddening part is Bamba will have a solid few minutes, and just as you're thinking "wow, Bamba's been good tonight" he reverts to form.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin

Return to Philadelphia 76ers