ImageImageImage

Game 73: Sixers V Clips : Will you respond Uno?

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,571

Re: Game 73: Sixers V Clips : Will you respond Uno? 

Post#81 » by 76ciology » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:25 am

NBA refereee Kevin Scott on the final play of the Sixers vs. Clippers game: "On the last play on the floor, in real time the crew interpreted that play as the defender jumping vertically.  However, in post-game video review we did observe some slight drift to his left by the defender George, and a foul should have been ruled."
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,233

Post#82 » by eyeatoma » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:46 am

76ciology wrote:NBA refereee Kevin Scott on the final play of the Sixers vs. Clippers game: "On the last play on the floor, in real time the crew interpreted that play as the defender jumping vertically.  However, in post-game video review we did observe some slight drift to his left by the defender George, and a foul should have been ruled."

LMFAO, rigged, that's some straight BS. Saying you were wrong afterwards doesn't make it any better, if you keep doing this basically every other game.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#83 » by 76ciology » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:53 am

eyeatoma wrote:
76ciology wrote:NBA refereee Kevin Scott on the final play of the Sixers vs. Clippers game: "On the last play on the floor, in real time the crew interpreted that play as the defender jumping vertically.  However, in post-game video review we did observe some slight drift to his left by the defender George, and a foul should have been ruled."

LMFAO, rigged, that's some straight BS. Saying you were wrong afterwards doesn't make it any better, if you keep doing this basically every other game.

That’s why it’s not recommended to attempt a shot at the rim on game winners unless you are superstar like LeBron or Giannis, the refs are going to allow the physicality and its worse when you are a nobody
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,233

Post#84 » by eyeatoma » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:53 am

76ciology wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

That’s why it’s not recommended to attempt a shot at the rim on game winners unless you are superstar like LeBron or Giannis, the refs are going to allow the physicality and its worse when you are a nobody
Unless when you're Joel where you won't get the call but are a superstar.

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk
76ciology
RealGM

Post#85 » by 76ciology » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:13 am

eyeatoma wrote:
76ciology wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Unless when you're Joel where you won't get the call but are a superstar.

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

:lol:

True. But Jojo uses almost all of the “love” from the refs on non-crunch time moments.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,451

Post#86 » by Eyeamok » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:31 am

So the refs admit that Oubre was fouled taking the final shot. But my question is this, we know Maxey was used as a decoy on the initial play, but where was the Assassin when you needed him the most? Why so much reliance on Oubre, a vet minimum player, to come through?
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
76ciology
RealGM

Post#87 » by 76ciology » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:55 am

Eyeamok wrote:So the refs admit that Oubre was fouled taking the final shot. But my question is this, we know Maxey was used as a decoy on the initial play, but where was the Assassin when you needed him the most? Why so much reliance on Oubre, a vet minimum player, to come through?

Because assassin was the decoy for the decoy
Jhawk03
Pro Prospect
And1: 342

Post#88 » by Jhawk03 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:41 am

76ciology wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:So the refs admit that Oubre was fouled taking the final shot. But my question is this, we know Maxey was used as a decoy on the initial play, but where was the Assassin when you needed him the most? Why so much reliance on Oubre, a vet minimum player, to come through?

So you're saying Nurse is in fact a mad scientist...
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,184

Post#89 » by M2J » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:59 am

Because Oubre should've gotten free throws on 2 attempts. He's fearless and Tobias is not, plus that first play for him was a good design... The second attempt he just caught it on a tap really.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#90 » by 76ciology » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:51 am

Jhawk03 wrote:
76ciology wrote:

[x]
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=bJcUtOCSwzTqqyZgysWpbQ[/x]

Tobi right corner 3 = 56%
Jhawk03
Pro Prospect
And1: 342

Post#91 » by Jhawk03 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:42 am

76ciology wrote:
Jhawk03 wrote:
76ciology wrote:

[x]
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=bJcUtOCSwzTqqyZgysWpbQ[/x]

Tobi right corner 3 = 56%

Confirmed. Harden knew it. Nurse, his reputation is being challenged... almost unfairly, but I digress.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,866

Post#92 » by Stanford » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:09 am

Lol wow.

Pretty cool to beat Harden twice without Embiid.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,840

Post#93 » by Negrodamus » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:51 pm

He was fouled, but the shot was after the buzzer. We deserve the L for that stupid drive with no time left. Would have been a bail out otherwise.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,754

Post#94 » by phillynative » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:57 pm

Honestly I don't mind Oubre driving one on one to the hoop he just didn't make the right play. Maxey was out of the play and Tobi and Batum were both wide open on each corner. Oubre should have either quickly passed the ball out to either corner or drove to the key and pulled up for the quick shot.
He wanted to be the guy to hit the game winner and he failed ,that's on him.

If you watch the play you can see both Tobi and Batum look disappointed after the time ran out because they know Oubre F'd up not cause the refs didn't call a foul. Notice no teammates came to pick his dum a** up :lol:
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,919

Post#95 » by mjkvol » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:05 pm

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:Not even mad. We were going nowhere without Embiid. There's no way he should come back and play in April. We've been dying a slow miserable death ever since he went down. This season can't end fast enough. There's the draft tho.... Can't wait to draft Dalton Knecht only to trade him for Ryan Dunn

Watched the second half late last night, first game I've watched in a while. Damn, if I had the slightest idea that the Sixers could do something this and it wasn't a lost year, I would have kicked the TV set in after that last play and called it another of those beyond brutal Sixers' losses. But I kind of chuckled and just shook my head.

Honestly, I didn't think the last play was a foul at the time, but the officiating was so hideous all night that it figures they would "apologize" and admit they blew the call the day after.

Oh, and could we just have not fouled on the two Kawhi drives, handing him 3-pt. plays that gave them the lead? I like Nurse, but not having any rim protection cost us the game as much as bad calls did. Bamba was actually pretty good for much of the night.

The Buddy Hield "bang!" was the best moment of the night. How great is Mike Breen?
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,919

Post#96 » by mjkvol » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:07 pm

Funny, until reading your post I honestly didn't even remember Tobias being on the floor in the last minute. He actually was out there? Talk about disappearing.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,754

Post#97 » by phillynative » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:11 pm

Maxey is a tiny SG . The Sixers need to find him a big PG to play with. We went small and it hurt us around the rim but we should have made up for it on the other end with the lineup we had out there. We couldn't because Maxey was the only ball handler. When they denied Maxey the ball the sixers looked out of sorts and we had to overrely on Oubre and Hield as ball handlers.

Hield played well the 2nd half but he doesn't offer enough ball handling when he's the only other guard and Maxeys being denied the ball.

Oubre is not a good decision maker as we seen all fourth quarter.

N.N also has to come up with better strategies when Maxey is being denied the ball. Hopefully this game is a reference.
fkd215
Sophomore
And1: 118

Post#98 » by fkd215 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:38 pm

Those missed calls could have real playoff implications.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,451

Post#99 » by Eyeamok » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:02 pm

fkd215 wrote:Those missed calls could have real playoff implications.

For the Clippers! The 76ers are on a fast track to the play-in baby. It's going to be epic.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,013

Post#100 » by Bum Adebayo » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:07 pm

Oubre was ROBBED, I love his no BS attitude, fight em, this is absolutely unacceptable.
Great takes since 2024-04-20

Return to Philadelphia 76ers