76ers 2023-24 Season Thread Part 3

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

M2J
Starter
And1: 1,192

Re: 76ers 2023-24 Season Thread Part 3 

Post#41 » by M2J » Sat Apr 6, 2024 4:58 am

eyeatoma wrote:Gross...

This has Chris Webber and Elton Brand written all over it...

Read on Twitter

I echo those sentiments
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,909

Post#42 » by Wilfried » Sat Apr 6, 2024 1:13 pm

M2J wrote:

Read on Twitter

I echo those sentiments

Didn't know George blew his knee or tore his ACL

You guys are overreacting. George is a very fine player and would be a great 3rd option imo. He's pretty good in playing basketball tbh.

Embiid has a 3-year window (than his contract is up and he will be 33 than), it will come down to the next 2 seasons imo if we're winning a championship with him. George is showing he has some left in the tank, he will be ok for 2 more seasons.

In reality, we are looking for an upgrade over Tobias. George, although older, is that. He can score, distribute, defend, has length and shoots 3's at high volume and good %.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,253

Post#43 » by eyeatoma » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:04 pm

Wilfried wrote:
M2J wrote:

Read on Twitter

I echo those sentiments

You guys are overreacting. George is a very fine player and would be a great 3rd option imo. He's pretty good in playing basketball tbh.

Embiid has a 3-year window (than his contract is up and he will be 33 than), it will come down to the next 2 seasons imo if we're winning a championship with him. George is showing he has some left in the tank, he will be ok for 2 more seasons.

In reality, we are looking for an upgrade over Tobias. George, although older, is that. He can score, distribute, defend, has length and shoots 3's at high volume and good %.
He had a compound fracture and is the most injury prone star besides Embiid. He's also not a great playoff performer.

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,909

Post#44 » by Wilfried » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:09 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Wilfried wrote:
M2J wrote:
I echo those sentiments

He had a compound fracture and is the most injury prone star besides Embiid. He's also not a great playoff performer.

That was 10 years ago man, come on. It's not that he played as a veteran since than.

His stats (%-wise) not great, but if you take this to replace Tobias' production, I'll take it anyday:
https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/georgpa01.html

And he will be third option on this team probably, it can help his efficiency big time.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#45 » by eyeatoma » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:16 pm

Wilfried wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Wilfried wrote:

That was 10 years ago man, come on. It's not that he played as a veteran since than.

His stats (%-wise) not great, but if you take this to replace Tobias' production, I'll take it anyday:

And he will be third option on this team probably, it can help his efficiency big time.
Will he accept a role behind Maxey?

mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,938

Post#46 » by mjkvol » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:26 pm

Read on Twitter

The other way to read it is this is simply leverage in trying to get his max deal with Ballmer.

Or maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,154

Post#47 » by Arsenal » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:40 pm

The 3-MAX model won't work under the new CBA considering how cheap our owner is. Embiid + George + Maxey plus basically vet mins isn't good enough.

Hopefully we're just helping PG leverage the biggest deal possible with LAC, as that will hurt them long-term and help us since we have their picks.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,938

Post#48 » by mjkvol » Sat Apr 6, 2024 4:19 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Wilfried wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:He had a compound fracture and is the most injury prone star besides Embiid. He's also not a great playoff performer.

Will he accept a role behind Maxey?

Why would anyone be "behind" anybody besides Embiid? We get caught up in this "#1, #2, #3" stuff, which is way overrated and really not the point. Embiid is the focus of our offense, but after that Nurse's system will reward whoever is the hot hand in a given game. Whoever is brought in here, the selling point isn't "okay, you'll be #3 behind these two", it's to be part of a title contender in a dynamic spread - ball movement system.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,897

Post#49 » by sixers4real » Sat Apr 6, 2024 4:48 pm

I’d welcome Paul George to be honest

Edit: if we can have a ton of good role players like we have now lol.
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,552

Post#50 » by SixthStreet » Sat Apr 6, 2024 5:01 pm

I don't know if this will actually happen, but if Embiid is willing to be a cog in the offensive system while the ball pings around the court trying to find attack advantages for Maxey and Oubre (did I just write that??!) this team has an offensive unpredictability and playoff upside I don't think an Embiid team has to this point. Maxey and Oubre will both have multiple stinkers in the playoffs but the objective is to win 4 of 7 against the Bucks and Celtics and I think they can combine to help get to that threshold.

I'm coming around to seeing this team as the best squad of the era. Even better than the Butler one and either of the Harden teams. Embiid is more evolved as an offensive player, not just a scorer and Maxey is far better than ever. We have wings in numbers AND a competent backup center for the first time as well. There's also a coach who's a tactician who undoubtably has something cooked up for the playoffs and doesn't have a weird obsession with all bench units.

If we can get Melton (and to a lesser extent Cov) back, we'll come out of the east.
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,500

Post#51 » by elchengue20 » Sat Apr 6, 2024 6:16 pm

sixers4real wrote:I’d welcome Paul George to be honest

Pretty much this, Im good if hes the best player we can get. Embiid window wont last much longer and we need more quality players.

But if to sign him we have to kill our all depth and have a Gren Monroe, Mike Scott and Shake Milton type of rotation.....hell no.
brannigan73
Rookie
And1: 620

Post#52 » by brannigan73 » Sat Apr 6, 2024 7:21 pm

Back to the season at hand, not the offseason, it seems like I have to start paying attention again since it looks like they can probably avoid Boston in the first rounds and the other teams are all problematic. I feel like Nurse has to just start giving Buddy Hield more run and hope he heats up. He could be a weapon in the playoffs with the right lineups getting a lot of wide open threes. He has been horrible lately but he does have one elite skill that is pretty valuable. His confidence probably is as low as its been since his rought start in the league.
M2J
Starter

Post#53 » by M2J » Sat Apr 6, 2024 10:51 pm

sixers4real wrote:I’d welcome Paul George to be honest

Which is the biggest problem, (other being his injury history, age, and consistency in playoffs, and toxic excuse ridden personality). To get these traits and more, you need to relinquish the whole team to get him. Best you can do is to keep one of the key players ( Oubre) on MLE deal. Then you end up looking worse than the Phoenix Suns
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,207

Post#54 » by ProcessDoctor » Sat Apr 6, 2024 11:33 pm

Morey will be open to any and all stars this summer. I think whether or not we believe in a "big 3" I think that's what he's going for.

Free Agent Targets: LeBron, George, Siakam

Trade Targets: Mitchell, Durant, Markkanen, Ingram?

I'd bet money that 1 of these 7 will be a Sixer next year.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Payne/Downtin
Maxey/Melton/Hield
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#55 » by eyeatoma » Sat Apr 6, 2024 11:48 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:Morey will be open to any and all stars this summer. I think whether or not we believe in a "big 3" I think that's what he's going for.

Only FA I'm interested in is Siakim, although he's not a great fit. I think going for the trade targets would be ideal if we can put together the right package. If not use the capspace and build a great team with incredible depth.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM

Post#56 » by ProcessDoctor » Sun Apr 7, 2024 2:16 am

eyeatoma wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:Morey will be open to any and all stars this summer. I think whether or not we believe in a "big 3" I think that's what he's going for.

Only FA I'm interested in is Siakim, although he's not a great fit. I think going for the trade targets would be ideal if we can put together the right package. If not use the capspace and build a great team with incredible depth.

If we acquired Markkanen, we'd still have about $45 mil in cap space. He'd probably be the most expensive to acquire, considering it's Ainge, but damn we could do a lot of damage with that. Acquiring him would for sure put us in the most unique situation.

Lowry/Payne/Downtin
Maxey/Melton/Hield
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,861

Post#57 » by Negrodamus » Sun Apr 7, 2024 2:46 am

Read on Twitter

“Got the best player at the trade deadline”

Then why does he lick ass?
ProcessDoctor
RealGM

Post#58 » by ProcessDoctor » Sun Apr 7, 2024 2:49 am

Morey forgot to account for Hield's shot disappearing due to becoming a 76er.

Lowry/Payne/Downtin
Maxey/Melton/Hield
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#59 » by eyeatoma » Sun Apr 7, 2024 5:28 am

Negrodamus wrote:
Read on Twitter

“Got the best player at the trade deadline”

Then why does he lick ass?
To be fair this quote was after his 4 game explosion.

M2J
Starter

Post#60 » by M2J » Sun Apr 7, 2024 6:15 am

I do think he's too GREAT a shooter to not improve with Joel and Maxey and all the other talent Morey has compiled and should keep... At the right price

Return to Philadelphia 76ers