ImageImageImage

The fight for the 6th seed

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,909

Re: The fight for the 6th seed 

Post#41 » by Wilfried » Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:06 am

We're not going to catch the Magic, they play Milwaukee twice. MIL is going to be without Giannis and I'm really not sure if they want to win those games (probably want to end 3rd)

So our hope is that Miami loses to Dallas tonight and we win our 2 remaining games.

And then, we have to beat Miami in that do or die game (we don't have the best track record), otherwise it's Boston and a 'what if' season ending again
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,254

Post#42 » by eyeatoma » Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:27 am

Wilfried wrote:We're not going to catch the Magic, they play Milwaukee twice. MIL is going to be without Giannis and I'm really not sure if they want to win those games (probably want to end 3rd)

So our hope is that Miami loses to Dallas tonight and we win our 2 remaining games.

And then, we have to beat Miami in that do or die game (we don't have the best track record), otherwise it's Boston and a 'what if' season ending again

Bucks aren't going to just drop games for the fun of it. If they sit Lillard sure, but these guys have pride. They don't need to lose out, they just need to lose 2 by my calculations. Go 1-1 vs the Bucks, then we need to beat them. 2 losses drops them two 46-35, and then we need 2 wins, where we'll leap over them. Cleveland can lose 2 games (unlikely) then that helps our cause as well. Indiana wants to win the next two games, but if they drop 2, we still have a chance. I think it'll come down to the last game of the season IMO for all teams. This is going to the wire. We HAVE to win out though.
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,909

Post#43 » by Wilfried » Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:14 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Bucks aren't going to just drop games for the fun of it. If they sit Lillard sure, but these guys have pride. They don't need to lose out, they just need to lose 2 by my calculations. Go 1-1 vs the Bucks, then we need to beat them. 2 losses drops them two 46-35, and then we need 2 wins, where we'll leap over them.

You forget Orlando has 3 games remaining. If the only win 1 of the next 3, and we win both our remaining, we end up with the same record. Who has the tie breaker between Orlando and Philly?
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#44 » by eyeatoma » Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:37 am

Wilfried wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Bucks aren't going to just drop games for the fun of it. If they sit Lillard sure, but these guys have pride. They don't need to lose out, they just need to lose 2 by my calculations. Go 1-1 vs the Bucks, then we need to beat them. 2 losses drops them two 46-35, and then we need 2 wins, where we'll leap over them.

You forget Orlando has 3 games remaining. If the only win 1 of the next 3, and we win both our remaining, we end up with the same record. Who has the tie breaker between Orlando and Philly?

Philly won both their games against the magic this year.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,533

Post#45 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:57 am

Atlanta choking against Miami didn't help last night. I think we're looking at 7/8 IF we don't tank in the play-in. It is what it is. We're probably playing Boston in the first round and at that point we'd have nothing to lose as an 8th seed.
Covi_Marsh
Sophomore
And1: 75

Post#46 » by Covi_Marsh » Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:08 pm

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:Atlanta choking against Miami didn't help last night. I think we're looking at 7/8 IF we don't tank in the play-in. It is what it is. We're probably playing Boston in the first round and at that point we'd have nothing to lose as an 8th seed.

They have Dallas tonight after playing 2OTs last night. Jimmy old now. Idk if he can power them to a win. Mavs are streaking right now too. Just have to cheer for Luka tonight.
For how bad Dame is with Giannis, he seems to play better when he’s out. Just need Bucks to win 1 of 2 against Orlando. Bucks are 1-4 and Doc is on the hot seat. Losing and getting a better matchup would be better for them but no way they attempt to go into playoffs riding 1-7 record on the month.
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,192

Post#47 » by M2J » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:17 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Wilfried wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

The Bucks win games with just Lillard and no Giannis... They struggle the other way around. I imagine the Bucks get at least one of those games. Philly then takes care of business Friday.
M2J
Starter

Post#48 » by M2J » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:20 pm

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:Atlanta choking against Miami didn't help last night. I think we're looking at 7/8 IF we don't tank in the play-in. It is what it is. We're probably playing Boston in the first round and at that point we'd have nothing to lose as an 8th seed.

I have little confidence in Joel but having a freak injury through a playoff run. You can get all the evaluation heading into a critical off season this team needs vs Boston. Just rip the band aid off and I believe Philly stands a great chance in that series.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#49 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:53 pm

M2J wrote:

I have little confidence in Joel but having a freak injury through a playoff run. You can get all the evaluation heading into a critical off season this team needs vs Boston. Just rip the band aid off and I believe Philly stands a great chance in that series.

I don't care who we play. It would actually be cool to play Boston because of the exact reasons that you stated. We need to see what and where we're lacking against them anyway.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,208

Post#50 » by ProcessDoctor » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:30 pm

I think we’re looking at 6 with Orlando/Miami being 7/8 in some order. Indy looks on track to take 4/5.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Payne/Downtin
Maxey/Melton/Hield
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,110

Post#51 » by Murray_17 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:51 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:I think we’re looking at 6 with Orlando/Miami being 7/8 in some order. Indy looks on track to take 4/5.

They play two times against the no Giannis Bucks, and one against us. They need loss two games if we win the 2 we have left.

I don't know
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,208

Post#52 » by ProcessDoctor » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:14 am

Murray_17 wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:I think we’re looking at 6 with Orlando/Miami being 7/8 in some order. Indy looks on track to take 4/5.

They play two times against the no Giannis Bucks, and one against us. They need loss two games if we win the 2 we have left.

I don't know

Yea they split or worse against the Bucks plus we go 2-0 (including winning @ home vs. them). I'd put money on that.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Payne/Downtin
Maxey/Melton/Hield
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
Murray_17
RealGM

Post#53 » by Murray_17 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:35 am

The Mavs are blowing the Heat right now.

So at least 7th looks like a real thing.

Given we win the next 2 lol
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#54 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:49 am

So if the Heat and Orlando lose, that's a win for us tonight. Milwaukee holds on to the 2nd seed, NY stays put at 3, Indy moves up, Orlando drops down. Correct me if needed. Ideally you want Cleveland and Indy in that 4/5 spot because the winner plays Boston in the second round. Both teams can give Boston some trouble.
Murray_17
RealGM

Post#55 » by Murray_17 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:57 am

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:So if the Heat and Orlando lose, that's a win for us tonight. Milwaukee holds on to the 2nd seed, NY stays put at 3, Indy moves up, Orlando drops down. Correct me if needed. Ideally you want Cleveland and Indy in that 4/5 spot because the winner plays Boston in the second round. Both teams can give Boston some trouble.

If Orlando Loses we basically play them for the 6th seed on Friday.

Game would have double connotations for us because losing would drop us back to 8th too.
Murray_17
RealGM

Post#56 » by Murray_17 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:50 am

Welp

*It's happening Gif*
zaz102
Sixth Man
And1: 809

Post#57 » by zaz102 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:54 am

dbodner is going to eat a shoe
blazehound
Rookie
And1: 40

Post#58 » by blazehound » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:57 am

It’s happening!
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#59 » by eyeatoma » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:25 am

Murray_17 wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:So if the Heat and Orlando lose, that's a win for us tonight. Milwaukee holds on to the 2nd seed, NY stays put at 3, Indy moves up, Orlando drops down. Correct me if needed. Ideally you want Cleveland and Indy in that 4/5 spot because the winner plays Boston in the second round. Both teams can give Boston some trouble.

If Orlando Loses we basically play them for the 6th seed on Friday.

Game would have double connotations for us because losing would drop us back to 8th too.

Not quite, they would still need to lose against the Bucks apparently. That rule is dumb as ****.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
M2J
Starter

Post#60 » by M2J » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:26 am

M2J wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Wilfried wrote:

The Bucks win games with just Lillard and no Giannis... They struggle the other way around. I imagine the Bucks get at least one of those games. Philly then takes care of business Friday.

:thumbsup:

Return to Philadelphia 76ers