ImageImageImage

Negadelphian Nancy Thread of Getting the dark thoughts out into the world.

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,867

Negadelphian Nancy Thread of Getting the dark thoughts out into the world. 

Post#1 » by Mik317 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:02 pm

Probably not threadworthy but its been rattling in my head for a bit so here goes.

Prenote: I am in a weird headspace atm (not sure why) so this is all extra whiny overthinking at its finest.

I think we are cooked lol.

Been trending that way all year...the Biid injury only made it more obvious. The fluke end of season run doesn't move me either. Team relies heavy on Biid hittng alot of tough middy shots and Maxey going nuclear from deep for us to squeak out wins. Biid is going to be gimpy which makes the mid rangers even harder and Maxey as good as he has been has shown he can be swallowed up by length (pause)...and the playoffs are the best times to force others to beat you and i just feel it in my bones that it will be coming lol.

So here is how it will go...we will either lose to the Heat (and then probably struggle against the Hawks/Bulls because lol) and get obliterated by the Celtics or beat the Heat and go into the Knicks series smelling our own farts and get punched in the mouth ala the Hawks series. It feels like I can already see it lol.

I lowkey kinda wished Biid sat out so I didn't have to be in my feels like this again ha.

This is hopefully where Nurse makes his bread tho...as I don't think there has been as many souless performances this year just normal get a hot shooting night what can you do moments. Team is deeper than past years (although that depth is already on the mend). Maxey is not bitch made like Ben, Harden....and Biid have been in tough moments. So there is that I guess.

But yeah overall I am just not as optimistic as many fans seem to be....and I am suffering because of it.

So yeah I don't believe....time for them to prove my bitch ass wrong.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
FireMorey
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,626

Re: Negadelphian Nancy Thread of Getting the dark thoughts out into the world. 

Post#2 » by FireMorey » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:07 pm

They will beat the Heat, but I don't think they go farther than that. But I really have no emotional investment in this team. The front office basically told us as much in the offseason when their moves were more geared toward preserving cap space for this upcoming summer rather than going all in to win. So I've always kind of came into this season with the attitude of "Wake me up if they get to the ECF, otherwise, I'm not going to care very much." And I still feel that way. I don't think the roster is very good, as evidenced by their record without Embiid. I really think this is a team that aside from Maxey and Embiid you could dump everyone else on the roster and no one would bat an eye.

That said, the eastern conference kind of sucks, so would it stun me if the Sixers made a run? No, but I'm not expecting it.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,254

Post#3 » by eyeatoma » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:30 pm

Mik317 wrote:Probably not threadworthy but its been rattling in my head for a bit so here goes.

Prenote: I am in a weird headspace atm (not sure why) so this is all extra whiny overthinking at its finest.

Been trending that way all year...the Biid injury only made it more obvious. The fluke end of season run doesn't move me either. Team relies heavy on Biid hittng alot of tough middy shots and Maxey going nuclear from deep for us to squeak out wins. Biid is going to be gimpy which makes the mid rangers even harder and Maxey as good as he has been has shown he can be swallowed up by length (pause)...and the playoffs are the best times to force others to beat you and i just feel it in my bones that it will be coming lol.

So here is how it will go...we will either lose to the Heat (and then probably struggle against the Hawks/Bulls because lol) and get obliterated by the Celtics or beat the Heat and go into the Knicks series smelling our own farts and get punched in the mouth ala the Hawks series. It feels like I can already see it lol.

I lowkey kinda wished Biid sat out so I didn't have to be in my feels like this again ha.

This is hopefully where Nurse makes his bread tho...as I don't think there has been as many souless performances this year just normal get a hot shooting night what can you do moments. Team is deeper than past years (although that depth is already on the mend). Maxey is not bitch made like Ben, Harden....and Biid have been in tough moments. So there is that I guess.

But yeah overall I am just not as optimistic as many fans seem to be....and I am suffering because of it.

Fair to have these thoughts, not sure why you created a thread about it though. Could have just put it in the season thread or in the game thread.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,880

Post#4 » by Stanford » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:38 pm

Mik has advanced thread creation privileges.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,531

Post#5 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:53 pm

I don't think we're getting out of the first round this year. I can actually see us losing to the Heat, and then losing to whoever is left of the Bulls/Hawks matchup. I don't like that the 7 and 8 see go at it while the lower seeds battle in the play-in. I think we should be playing the Hawks and the Heat should be playing the Bulls based off of the records/ranking. I think it's stupid this way. It's double elimination for us, but again, I can see us losing both of these games. Especially to the Heat. The Bulls will beat the Hawks and they have given us a lot of trouble this year at times even with a healthy Embiid. I'm with Mik on the negative train. I think we're a dead team walking and I'm totally ok with that. Our only shot was locking down the 6th seed. Had we done that, I would have liked our chances a bit more. Let's say we do make it out of the play-in. If so...Boston will sweep us. We got nothing for them. If we play the Knicks it'll last maybe 6 games and I can see Embiid getting hurt in that series. It was great to end the year on a win streak, but I wish we would have just sat Embiid and took our lumps. Not much would have changed. We would still be in the play-in and none of us would be getting all bi-polar over here.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,453

Post#6 » by Eyeamok » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:54 pm

I love it. See you guys in the ECF !
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

Bring on the draft

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,939

Post#7 » by mjkvol » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:08 pm

The silly negativity based on nothing really gets old, guys. Why even watch the f***king games?

We finally have some legit wings and a kid in Maxey coming into his own to go with Embiid. Most importantly, we finally have for the first time a legit coach. Nothing is guaranteed, but why not just enjoy the show instead of melting down before it even begins? If there was ever a year we were playing with house money, this is it.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,254

Post#8 » by eyeatoma » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:13 pm

I genuinely think this bad vibes thread should be locked. Go jerk off Mik...

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk
Phila Tough
Head Coach
And1: 2,861

Post#9 » by Phila Tough » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:24 pm

meh. protect the three, hustle and hit our open shots and we should beat the Knicks. we have the best player in the conference and possibly best duo outside of Tatum & Brown. no excuses
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,531

Post#10 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:26 pm

I have contributed enough to the bad vibes. Let's just see WTF happens before going all nuclear. Last season we saw Miami knock off Milwaukee. Golden State beat the Kings as a 6th seed, and the Lakers beat the Grizzlies as the 7th seed. Matchups matter. If we luck out and end up playing the Knicks, I think we can beat them. I know they're physical and they shoot threes, but we can beat them in a series. They don't have Julius Randle and Thibs will run his guys ragged. Boston on the other hand? They're the class of the league. Beating them would be monumental and it would take a healthy Embiid to do so. I just want the big fella ready for the run. That is all. If he can hold up, then I'm willing to STFU and watch and enjoy.
Phila Tough
Head Coach
And1: 2,861

Post#11 » by Phila Tough » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:31 pm

A positive is Brunson is somewhat of a flopper. so if they're going to swallow their whistle for embiid they better do the same for Brunson flailing everywhere. A negative is how close these cities are and a home game can turn into an away game if our fans don't bring it
Jailblazers7
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,431

Post#12 » by Jailblazers7 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:31 am

I think Maxey has progressed without Embiid to the point where only elite defenses can bother him. And even with that, we’ve seen him have success against Boston this year in ways that are new.

I genuinely feel great about this team heading into the playoffs & think the only barriers in our way is Boston & Embiid’s health. Boston will always be a tough matchup for us but if we can finally climb that mountain we match up really well against Denver.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,750

Post#13 » by the_process » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:50 am

mjkvol wrote:The silly negativity based on nothing really gets old, guys. Why even watch the f***king games?

We finally have some legit wings and a kid in Maxey coming into his own to go with Embiid. Most importantly, we finally have for the first time a legit coach. Nothing is guaranteed, but why not just enjoy the show instead of melting down before it even begins? If there was ever a year we were playing with house money, this is it.

As Stanford has mentioned, only idiots watch the games :lol:

Seriously though, it would be house money if Embiid was out. He's going to be playing, which means there will be expectations, and anything less than the ECFs is now a disappointment.

Losing in the play in would suck.

Losing to the Knicks or Boston in the 1st round is even worse.

And if they happened to beat Miami and then knock off New York... losing to Glenn Rivers in the 2nd round would be nightmare fuel.
brannigan73
Rookie
And1: 620

Post#14 » by brannigan73 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:55 am

Im actually going to try to be a ray of sunshine for once. I dont know if you have been paying attention to the rest of the eastern conference but besides Boston who is the clear favorite to beat everyone else and New York and maybe Indiana the rest of the playoff teams did not look particularly good down the stretch. I think Embiid is mostly fine physically you dont miss 2 months and just roll back and are yourself after a week of playing. Sixers have as good a chance as anybody but Boston to get the ECF as long as Embiid is good to go. That doesnt mean they will but none of those others teams are scary at all. New York looks pretty good but no Randle is a big loss they have a mediocre 3pt shooting series and they are in trouble. Thats a toss up series if thats who we play and Milwaukee or Indiana also a toss up series with the Sixers having the clear best player against 2 of those teams and probably all of them because Giannis will not be totally healthy when he comes back.
Jhawk03
Pro Prospect
And1: 342

Post#15 » by Jhawk03 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:06 am

Mik317 wrote:Probably not threadworthy but its been rattling in my head for a bit so here goes.

Hey Mik, what's the worst case scenario or outcome for you, in your opinion, heading into the playoffs? I mean overall... taking all 20 teams into account. PM me your answer if you don't mind.
Zumramania
Senior
And1: 416

Post#16 » by Zumramania » Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:25 am

I am fairly optimistic if Embiid remains healthy. I also hope that Nurse will not be afraid to bench anyone not named Maxey or Embiid.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,867

Post#17 » by Mik317 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:42 pm

Jhawk03 wrote:

Hey Mik, what's the worst case scenario or outcome for you, in your opinion, heading into the playoffs? I mean overall... taking all 20 teams into account. PM me your answer if you don't mind.

Losing to Boston in the first round...moreso if we somehow make a series and then choke it away lol.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,694

Post#18 » by rzzzzz » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:46 pm

Remember when Ben led the Sixers on a 10-0 run to finish the season? That dominant burst translated into…well not much. We got past the Wiz, but Ben was exposed for his lack of toughness. And then onto the Celtics when Ben was exposed for his lack of shooting specifically, but a waste of a position on the offensive end in the half court in general. Of course, we had Jo bothered by the black mask, after colliding with Fultz. And Brett, who insisted on yanking a red hot McConnell to assuage Ben’s sensitive feelings.

Not sure what this 8 game run bought us. Not much in terms of positioning. Embiid nicked while he was working himself back into shape. But we got a couple of tough vets, a real gamer in Maxey, and Nick instead of Brett. We’ll see.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,047

Post#19 » by Bum Adebayo » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:15 pm

mjkvol wrote:The silly negativity based on nothing really gets old, guys.

Yeah, it's not like we haven't got past 2nd round all these years, it's negativity based on nothing!
Great takes since 2024-04-20
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,047

Post#20 » by Bum Adebayo » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:17 pm

I will say I can see us getting into 2nd round if we can beat the Heat. That being said, that is where it ends for us. We could be facing Pistons in 2nd round and we would still choke lmao
But the most probable outcome is us losing against Heat, winning the other playin game and then get destroyed against Celtics.
Great takes since 2024-04-20

Return to Philadelphia 76ers