ImageImageImage

Play in Game for the 7th seed: Heat vs Sixers...

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,564

Re: Play in Game for the 7th seed: Heat vs Sixers... 

Post#461 » by SixthStreet » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:32 am

Tobias. Lol. He shot the ball today like he was scared of the moment. Not sure why that surprises me given he's played 4 real playoff series in his Sixers career with exactly the same results.

Roster building-wise, he is the sole reason this team has had such an uphill climb in the second round for half a decade. Sure, we should have scaled the wall despite the contract and lack of production when it matters at least once, and that failure is shared by many.

But he and his contract is THE reason. He is the truest example of a good player also being a total loser of a player.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,756

Post#462 » by the_process » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:39 am

Arsenal wrote:
Murray_17 wrote:I'll give Nurse credit for benching Tobias on the 4th.

The credit for busting the zone is on Batum and Hield for hitting shots. That opened the rest of the game.

Batum said it post-game. 1st half they were hesitating and trying to force it to Embiid who was being swarmed. 2nd half they let it fly. Absolutely cannot turn down open 3s against zone.

Embiid has to get his in the flow of the offense. His teammates cannot feel like they have to force it to him. Don't know whether that's on the other guys, Nurse, or Embiid.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,309

Post#463 » by eyeatoma » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:41 am

AI_Efficiency wrote:Nico Batum said postgame he was able to block Tyler Herro's 3 in the clutch because the Sixers coaching staff showed him the exact the play the Heat ended up running just a minute before.

"Coaches showed me that play literally like a minute before. So I was expecting that play."

Coaching our boys up.

Cmon guys... Cmon....

Oh that doesn't work?
SixthStreet
Sixth Man

Post#464 » by SixthStreet » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:43 am

We need to play less through Embiid and more by pinging the ball around. Let Embiid eat in the flow of the offense and focus on defense. It gets ugly when 4 guys are deferring everything for the first 12-15 seconds of the shot clock looking to get him a touch. If the defensive attention is there reverse the ball and get some drive and kick going.

I don't think that's where this team is this year but as we transition out of Embiid's prime that's how this team will win a championship.
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,195

Post#465 » by M2J » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:43 am

SixthStreet wrote:Tobias. Lol. He shot the ball today like he was scared of the moment. Not sure why that surprises me given he's played 4 real playoff series in his Sixers career with exactly the same results.

Roster building-wise, he is the sole reason this team has had such an uphill climb in the second round for half a decade. Sure, we should have scaled the wall despite the contract and lack of production when it matters at least once, and that failure is shared by many.

But he and his contract is THE reason. He is the truest example of a good player also being a total loser of a player.

Tobi is clearly overpaid and an odd fit for any winning team offensively....I can see him being a good fit with Dallas though.

I'm going to give the main credit for the sixes failing in the second round to joels injuries and Ben or James Harden
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,898

Post#466 » by Mik317 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:50 am

Spo pulled a Doc by going back to Bam over Love imo.

Love's spacing **** us up and the zone felt better wiht him in.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,756

Post#467 » by the_process » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:53 am

eyeatoma wrote:
AI_Efficiency wrote:Nico Batum said postgame he was able to block Tyler Herro's 3 in the clutch because the Sixers coaching staff showed him the exact the play the Heat ended up running just a minute before.

"Coaches showed me that play literally like a minute before. So I was expecting that play."

Coaching our boys up.

Cmon guys... Cmon....

Oh that doesn't work?

Glenn absolutely would've said something about how he can't play the game for them, and then when asked if he could've coached them on something, responded with "you wouldn't ask Pop that question, so don't ask me that question".
SixthStreet
Sixth Man

Post#468 » by SixthStreet » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:55 am

Lowry is going to be low key important against the Knicks. He clearly redlined the effort meter today compared to the regular season. He's a versatile weapon defensively.
FireMorey
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,632

Post#469 » by FireMorey » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:02 am

Embiid didn't look right. If he has to get a second surgery on that knee after the playoffs because they rushed him back and he did more damage on that one fall, everyone in the medical department in that building should be arrested.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#470 » by eyeatoma » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:04 am

FireMorey wrote:Embiid didn't look right. If he has to get a second surgery on that knee after the playoffs because they rushed him back and he did more damage on that one fall, everyone in the medical department in that building should be arrested.

I think it's mainly conditioning, but if it was that fall, doesn't mean he wasn't ready prior to it. He was beginning to roll right before the fall.
SixthStreet
Sixth Man

Post#471 » by SixthStreet » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:07 am

I think Embiid gets frustrated by junk defenses and his body language sours because of it. I don't think it was the injury. When he wanted to move he looked the same as since coming back.
MoeGreene
Junior
And1: 137

Post#472 » by MoeGreene » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:21 am

Embiid was gassed when he came up the floor in the 3rd quarter and put his hands on his knees at the 3 point line wing. Injured, no, thankfully I don't see it either.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#473 » by eyeatoma » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:39 am

Read on Twitter

This is what I was looking for. As long as Jo is healthy we're good.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,062

Post#474 » by Bum Adebayo » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:03 am

SixthStreet wrote:I think Embiid gets frustrated by junk defenses and his body language sours because of it. I don't think it was the injury. When he wanted to move he looked the same as since coming back.

Isn't this a huge red flag, though? he is our best player and should lead by example.
Joel Embiid Game 7 record: 0W, 3L
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,909

Post#475 » by Wilfried » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:12 am

eyeatoma wrote:
FireMorey wrote:Embiid didn't look right. If he has to get a second surgery on that knee after the playoffs because they rushed him back and he did more damage on that one fall, everyone in the medical department in that building should be arrested.

I think it's mainly conditioning, but if it was that fall, doesn't mean he wasn't ready prior to it. He was beginning to roll right before the fall.

Conditioning and bad demeanor
His body language is indeed bad when the spotlights are on him, and it's starting to annoy me. A want a superstar who leads by example, not by words

Just look at Batum, that's a leader

On another note: this could have been our hardest game of the season and somehow, we won
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,640

Post#476 » by 76ciology » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:50 am

Mik317 wrote:been saying that for years

he wants to be Kobe so bad tho

My guess is that we didn't try to play our best card early on. Even Batum said he was force-feeding the big guy. I think part of it is trying to beat the opponent with your B game so you save your best card for later, and part of it is that we're trying to get Biid in condition.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#477 » by 76ciology » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:52 am

I hope I'm right that this is a conditioning issue. The Heat were trying to hunt Embiid, whether it was Jimmy trying to isolate him or Herro trying to punish Biid for dropping too low. In the late game, I noticed that we weren't even grabbing boards and were giving the Heat second opportunities.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,195

Post#478 » by M2J » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:52 am

MoeGreene wrote:Embiid was gassed when he came up the floor in the 3rd quarter and put his hands on his knees at the 3 point line wing. Injured, no, thankfully I don't see it either.

Looked tired, but not hurt.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#479 » by 76ciology » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:54 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is what I was looking for. As long as Jo is healthy we're good.

The Knicks play with "Celtics level" intensity, and they have two starting-quality bigs that give them 10 fouls to give. However, as I mentioned, I like our defense against guards, especially Batum and Oubre's defense on Donovan Mitchell and Brunson.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,880

Post#480 » by Stanford » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:25 am

Wow, they won. Amazing! I'm actually shocked.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers