ImageImageImage

Play in Game for the 7th seed: Heat vs Sixers...

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,322

Re: Play in Game for the 7th seed: Heat vs Sixers... 

Post#481 » by eyeatoma » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:33 am

Stanford wrote:Wow, they won. Amazing! I'm actually shocked.

I was too, thank god that's it for janky zone defenses.
Kova
Veteran
And1: 728

Post#482 » by Kova » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:14 am

We finally won a meaningful game.
Hard fought, never looked like we would pull it off tbh..

Embiid was bad, something is off still, but he made two clutch 3s, and1 and an assist to Oubre that were critical plays.
Batum kept us alive.

Oubre is the guy who matched their aggressiveness on the offensive end. Love his passion and heart. Glad that Nurse kept Tobias on the bench in favor of KO.

Need more from Maxey.

We can beat the Knicks if Embiid is right. But they also play scrappy, muddy basketball which doesn't suit us.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#483 » by eyeatoma » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:16 am

Kova wrote:We finally won a meaningful game.
Hard fought, never looked like we would pull it off tbh..

Embiid was bad, something is off still, but he made two clutch 3s, and1 and an assist to Oubre that were critical plays.
Batum kept us alive.

Oubre is the guy who matched their aggressiveness on the offensive end. Love his passion and heart. Glad that Nurse kept Tobias on the bench in favor of KO.

Need more from Maxey.

We can beat the Knicks if Embiid is right. But they also play scrappy, muddy basketball which doesn't suit us.

What's off is that he joined the team right before the playoffs and hasn't gotten back up to speed. He also sucks against zone.
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,515

Post#484 » by elchengue20 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:27 am

SixthStreet wrote:We need to play less through Embiid and more by pinging the ball around. Let Embiid eat in the flow of the offense and focus on defense. It gets ugly when 4 guys are deferring everything for the first 12-15 seconds of the shot clock looking to get him a touch. If the defensive attention is there reverse the ball and get some drive and kick going.

I don't think that's where this team is this year but as we transition out of Embiid's prime that's how this team will win a championship.

Yeah we have to do this in general and EVEN MORE if the other teams plays zone defense.

Zone defense is a FIBA coverage and you beat it moving the ball and hitting open shots, specially open 3's. Not playing NBA ISO or PnR basketball.

Thanks to god we had a veteran FIBA player like Batum that understood this to perfection and we adjusted just in time.
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,515

Post#485 » by elchengue20 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:37 am

SixthStreet wrote:Tobias. Lol. He shot the ball today like he was scared of the moment. Not sure why that surprises me given he's played 4 real playoff series in his Sixers career with exactly the same results.

Roster building-wise, he is the sole reason this team has had such an uphill climb in the second round for half a decade. Sure, we should have scaled the wall despite the contract and lack of production when it matters at least once, and that failure is shared by many.

But he and his contract is THE reason. He is the truest example of a good player also being a total loser of a player.

Been saying this for years. He's a complete fraud of a player.

Can't shoot 3's, can't defend at a high level, can't playmake consisntely and create shots for other players. Plus, he's soft as charming, always scared of big moments.Terrible complementary player / 3rd option.

Perfect go to tank comander to score 20 ppg for a below .500 team, but can't play in a contender. He has Detroit Pistons written all over him for this summer, that's his place in the world.

His signing was a huge mistake and setback in the Process.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,807

Post#486 » by phillynative » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:34 am

It's a shame Jimmy got hurt . I wanted him and the heat to bully the Celtics again.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,074

Post#487 » by Bum Adebayo » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:40 am

elchengue20 wrote:
SixthStreet wrote:We need to play less through Embiid and more by pinging the ball around. Let Embiid eat in the flow of the offense and focus on defense. It gets ugly when 4 guys are deferring everything for the first 12-15 seconds of the shot clock looking to get him a touch. If the defensive attention is there reverse the ball and get some drive and kick going.

I don't think that's where this team is this year but as we transition out of Embiid's prime that's how this team will win a championship.

Yeah we have to do this in general and EVEN MORE if the other teams plays zone defense.

Zone defense is a FIBA coverage and you beat it moving the ball and hitting open shots, specially open 3's. Not playing NBA ISO or PnR basketball.

Thanks to god we had a veteran FIBA player like Batum that understood this to perfection and we adjusted just in time.

Hard to move the ball when it's 4 vs 5 though, Embiid was moving in slow motion off the ball.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,074

Post#488 » by Bum Adebayo » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:41 am

Happy with the win, even if deep down I know it's because Jimmy was hurt.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,661

Post#489 » by 76ciology » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:54 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Stanford wrote:Wow, they won. Amazing! I'm actually shocked.

I was too, thank god that's it for janky zone defenses.

Is it just me? Is it the scars in my soul from the last two years' playoffs? But I felt the same feeling that I felt during those elimination games against the Heat and Celtics. I find that it's one of those games that Harden would be quitting, but we somehow have guys who fought and broke through.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,661

Post#490 » by 76ciology » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:57 am

Bum Adebayo wrote:Happy with the win, even if deep down I know it's because of Oubre

FIFY
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#491 » by eyeatoma » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:11 am

76ciology wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:Happy with the win, even if deep down I know it's because of Oubre

FIFY
Why do you engage with this clown?

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#492 » by eyeatoma » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:12 am

Interesting

Read on Twitter
?t=f2t5HYBClYU8_7hcAHSHMw&s=19

eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#493 » by eyeatoma » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:13 am

Good analysis.

Happy we have Nurse.

Read on Twitter
?t=X9N7zs820fFrRbczRLHh6g&s=19

mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,979

Post#494 » by mjkvol » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:52 am

Mik317 wrote:
Murray_17 wrote:Nurse said he didn't play Tobias down the stretch because he looked tired :lol: :lol: :lol:

he even lies better than Doc

Doc would have ended up saying something that makes the situation worse

Glenn wouldn't have had to answer the question, because Tobias would have been in the game and the Sixers would have lost.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,880

Post#495 » by Stanford » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:54 am

I only watched the last 8 or so minutes of the 4th, but Embiid looked pretty good to me. They wouldn't have won the game without his play. It will take a dud game or two before I get concerned about him in particular.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,880

Post#496 » by Stanford » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:56 am

Mik317 wrote:Doc would have ended up saying something that makes the situation worse

Doc would have kept playing him
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,910

Post#497 » by Negrodamus » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:07 pm

eyeatoma wrote:Interesting

Read on Twitter
?t=f2t5HYBClYU8_7hcAHSHMw&s=19

And Nic responded by saying “I’m not playing Friday”.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,807

Post#498 » by phillynative » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:36 pm

eyeatoma wrote:Good analysis.

Happy we have Nurse.

Read on Twitter

I can't wait to see the highlight of the adjustment NN made. I figured he made some sort of adjustment , it wasn't just that Spoelstra gave up on the zone in the 2nd half. It wasn't as effective .
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,756

Post#499 » by the_process » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:43 pm

Iscull wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:I'm not nearly so down on Tobias as a lot of you guys are, but Tobias would not have made that gamewinning 3pt play with under a minute to go.

Tobi wouldn’t have played defense like Batum or hit the threes at that volume. He’s washed. Couldn’t even make layups under the basket

He's not washed, he's a tank commander.
Tobias always comes up small after the 1st round of the playoffs. He lives for Monday night in February against Charlotte.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,979

Post#500 » by mjkvol » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:24 pm

phillynative wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:Good analysis.

Happy we have Nurse.

Read on Twitter

I can't wait to see the highlight of the adjustment NN made. I figured he made some sort of adjustment , it wasn't just that Spoelstra gave up on the zone in the 2nd half. It wasn't as effective .

What an amazing difference it is to go into halftime looking as pathetic as the Sixers and knowing full well in your mind that adjustments would be made and the second half would be a different story. Last year, Glenn doubles down on the same strategy and rotations, we lose by double figures, and he argues with the media about his legacy.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin

Return to Philadelphia 76ers