ImageImageImage

#2 Knicks vs #7 Sixers

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Ferry Avenue
Starter
And1: 847

Re: #2 Knicks vs #7 Sixers 

Post#221 » by Ferry Avenue » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:10 pm

Snotbubbles wrote:I'm not worried in the least bit. Sixers are going to win the next 4. The bad calls by the refs will even out and the Sixers talent will overcome.

Teams that win the first two games at home of a playoff series win the series 94% of the time in the NBA.

So while it's certainly possible the Sixers could win the series, don't stake a lot of your assets on this proposition.
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,573

Post#222 » by SixthStreet » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:20 am

The thing about role players is that they play much better at home than on the road. That variance will hit both the Sixers down roster players and every Knick besides Brunson. I'm feeling the next two are not going to be particularly competitive.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,690

Post#223 » by 76ciology » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:29 am

[x]
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=bJcUtOCSwzTqqyZgysWpbQ[/x]
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#224 » by 76ciology » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:15 am

One thing I noticed when trying to understand why McBride and Bogdanovic were able to make so many shots despite not having a dedicated creator is the pace of the game. It begins with McBride, whom we like to pressure in the backcourt since he's not a natural point guard. If he manages to beat the pressure, he can then draw in the defense and pass to open shooters.

Therefore, we also need to play at a faster pace during those minutes when Embiid is off the court. By breaking down the defense and then finding open shooters, we can be more effective in scoring.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#225 » by 76ciology » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:27 am

Spoiler:
76ciology wrote:Jalen Brunson averaged 19.5 half-court drives per game with a 51.6 FG% on drives this season.

Through two playoff games, he’s averaging 24.5 drives & shooting 16.0 FG% on drives.

Similar
[x]
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=bJcUtOCSwzTqqyZgysWpbQ[/x]
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,020

Post#226 » by mjkvol » Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:41 am

76ciology wrote:One thing I noticed when trying to understand why McBride and Bogdanovic were able to make so many shots despite not having a dedicated creator is the pace of the game. It begins with McBride, whom we like to pressure in the backcourt since he's not a natural point guard. If he manages to beat the pressure, he can then draw in the defense and pass to open shooters.

Therefore, we also need to play at a faster pace during those minutes when Embiid is off the court. By breaking down the defense and then finding open shooters, we can be more effective in scoring.

To me, the only way we can survive and potentially thrive in the non-Embiid minutes is to run, even off makes if possible. Our half court offense without Embiid has been atrocious, more of Maxey trying to evade traps and doubles than anything else, it seems. Push the ball and create some open early looks, and maybe that can get guys like Oubre and Hield going.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,820

Post#227 » by phillynative » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:10 pm

mjkvol wrote:
76ciology wrote:One thing I noticed when trying to understand why McBride and Bogdanovic were able to make so many shots despite not having a dedicated creator is the pace of the game. It begins with McBride, whom we like to pressure in the backcourt since he's not a natural point guard. If he manages to beat the pressure, he can then draw in the defense and pass to open shooters.

To me, the only way we can survive and potentially thrive in the non-Embiid minutes is to run, even off makes if possible. Our half court offense without Embiid has been atrocious, more of Maxey trying to evade traps and doubles than anything else, it seems. Push the ball and create some open early looks, and maybe that can get guys like Oubre and Hield going.

It would definitely make since to push the pace with Embiid off the floor.
Maxey , Oubre , Council, KJ, Reed lineup would run the Knicks out the gym....
(I know that lineup is a dream scenario)
76ciology
RealGM

Post#228 » by 76ciology » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:32 pm

Through 2 games, the New York Knicks are rebounding 42.5% of their misses.
Ferry Avenue
Starter

Post#229 » by Ferry Avenue » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:40 pm

76ciology wrote:Through 2 games, the New York Knicks are rebounding 42.5% of their misses.

I suspect that number compares heavily favorably to their regular season average against teams that rebound roughly the caliber of the Sixers -- again indicating a tremendous emotional advantage that drives the effort on the rebounding. They're essentially winning with a heavy advantage in emotional drive.

Now, if Embiid is saying the Sixers are the better team and will win the series, he can start backing that up by grabbing 15+ rebounds himself tonight, among other things he'll need to do as well.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,937

Post#230 » by Negrodamus » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:44 pm

What is the Emotional Advantage Index (EAI) set at for this game? Would sending a gift basket to Joel bump up our numbers a little?
Ferry Avenue
Starter

Post#231 » by Ferry Avenue » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:46 pm

Negrodamus wrote:What is the Emotional Advantage Index (EAI) set at for this game? Would sending a gift basket to Joel bump up our numbers a little?

I'm open to your explanation for why the Knicks are rebounding so much better than they did on average in the regular season against teams that rebound the caliber of the Sixers. You got one? Or do you just sit back and peck away at other people's statements without putting yourself on the line at all?
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#232 » by Negrodamus » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:51 pm

Ferry Avenue wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:What is the Emotional Advantage Index (EAI) set at for this game? Would sending a gift basket to Joel bump up our numbers a little?

I'm open to your explanation for why the Knicks are rebounding so much better than they did on average in the regular season against teams that rebound the caliber of the Sixers. You got one? Or do you just sit back and peck away at other people's statements without putting yourself on the line at all?

Because the regular season isn't the playoffs. Knicks require more effort and second chance points to beat us. We've always been a bad rebounding team, so we're susceptible to that.

And I don't sit back and peck away, I usually stay for the duration of the game no matter if we're winning or losing and stand by my bad takes. Some can't say the same, particularly if we are successful.
Ferry Avenue
Starter

Post#233 » by Ferry Avenue » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:54 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
Ferry Avenue wrote:

Because the regular season isn't the playoffs. Knicks require more effort and second chance points to beat us. We've always been a bad rebounding team, so we're susceptible to that.

The above should've been your only response to the topic at hand. Everybody has a voice here.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#234 » by Negrodamus » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:58 pm

Ferry Avenue wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
Ferry Avenue wrote:I'm open to your explanation for why the Knicks are rebounding so much better than they did on average in the regular season against teams that rebound the caliber of the Sixers. You got one? Or do you just sit back and peck away at other people's statements without putting yourself on the line at all?

The above should've been your only response to the topic at hand. Everybody has a voice here.

Or do you just sit back and peck away at other people's statements without putting yourself on the line at all?

You asked the question, don't cry when I retort.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#235 » by mjkvol » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:14 pm

phillynative wrote:
mjkvol wrote:

This would be a perfect game for the mad scientist to experiment with rotations during those minutes. The idea of "getting Tobias going" should have been abandoned immediately upon Glenn's dimissal.

Give the lineup you mentioned a run, and let's see what happens. I might include Hield as well, see if we can't get him going with a couple of transition 3's.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#236 » by 76ciology » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:22 pm

mjkvol wrote:
phillynative wrote:
mjkvol wrote:

This would be a perfect game for the mad scientist to experiment with rotations during those minutes. The idea of "getting Tobias going" should have been abandoned immediately upon Glenn's dimissal.

Give the lineup you mentioned a run, and let's see what happens. I might include Hield as well, see if we can't get him going with a couple of transition 3's.

I’d try Council getting Hield’s minutes first. Then if it works, then he can also slowly eat up Tobi’s minutes.

Tobi is still experienced, better rebounder and defender than Council, so he could have better utility when we have Maxey and Embiid on the floor.

I’ve mentioned it on my previous posts that I just see Council potentially being a better scorer on this Knicks defense, with Council’s 21pts per 36 vs Hield’s 17pts per 36, where I also dont see any spot up opportunities for Hield anyway so might as well have someone who can take it to the hole and get to the line?
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#237 » by mjkvol » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:31 pm

76ciology wrote:
mjkvol wrote:
phillynative wrote:

I’d try Council getting Hield’s minutes first. Then if it works, then he can also slowly eat up Tobi’s minutes.

Tobi is still experienced, better rebounder and defender than Council, so he could have better utility when we have Maxey and Embiid on the floor.

I’ve mentioned it on my previous posts that I just see Council potentially being a better scorer on this Knicks defense, with Council’s 21pts per 36 vs Hield’s 17pts per 36, where I also dont see any spot up opportunities for Hield anyway so might as well have someone who can take it to the hole and get to the line?

Good points on RC, my thought on Hield was maybe getting him some early spot ups playing with pace, but Council does make more sense.

Regarding Tobias, you lost me. I mean, enough is enough already. Nick needs to have the stones to sit him even more than he is now down the stretch.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,764

Post#238 » by the_process » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:45 pm

Really need Oubre to play more like Oubre. Come out both guns blazing. He's doing a good job on Brunson, but they need his fearless shot jacking even more I think.
EmbiidRocks
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#239 » by EmbiidRocks » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:29 pm

the_process wrote:Really need Oubre to play more like Oubre. Come out both guns blazing. He's doing a good job on Brunson, but they need his fearless shot jacking even more I think.

But if he misses a lot of shots, he will be a chucker.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,764

Post#240 » by the_process » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:02 pm

EmbiidRocks wrote:
the_process wrote:Really need Oubre to play more like Oubre. Come out both guns blazing. He's doing a good job on Brunson, but they need his fearless shot jacking even more I think.

But if he misses a lot of shots, he will be a chucker.

He's always been a chucker. That's what the Sixers need. Their problem so far is not defense, it's offense.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers