sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,061

Re: #2 Knicks vs #7 Sixers 

Post#101 » by sixers hoops » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:31 pm

76ciology wrote:
sixers hoops wrote:
76ciology wrote:Regarding Tobi and our rotations, we just adjust on a case to case basis. Batum wont hit 5-6 3s every game, and Tobi also wont struggle every game. Its probably also nice to have Council, if Oubre is struggling. Then hopefully Roco can be available at some point.

If Lowry is struggling, we could insert Dowtin. And hopefully Melton at some point.

Then if Maxey is struggling, we could insert Hield or Payne.

Back in February, I was told by somebody in the organization that Melton’s career is in jeopardy. They don’t think he will be able to play consistently due to the stress fractures in his back. Since then, he has had two interrupted attempts at coming back. It looks like Caris LeVert had a similar injury. This person didn’t have first-hand knowledge of Melton’s injury, but said the sentiment in the organization is that they are assuming he is done, and if he does play, then great. It doesn’t seem like he will, at the very least, be healthy for this playoff run.

Thanks for sharing! This explains a lot on why Melton’s been pushing back his return.

Do you have any news about Roco?

No. I don’t know the guy very well and haven’t talked to him since, but the Sixers listed Melton out with stress injury and back injury at different times, so it’s seems to be stress fractures in the back. Not good.
MoeGreene
Junior
And1: 137

Post#102 » by MoeGreene » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:34 pm

f*^k

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,985

Post#103 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:51 pm

:D

Now bring it!!!!
Free Palestine
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,457

Post#104 » by Eyeamok » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:29 am

Is it me or does this series feel like it is a second round playoff series. Man that Miami game was emotional.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

Bring on the draft

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#105 » by Eyeamok » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:32 am

sixers hoops wrote:
76ciology wrote:
sixers hoops wrote:
Back in February, I was told by somebody in the organization that Melton’s career is in jeopardy. They don’t think he will be able to play consistently due to the stress fractures in his back. Since then, he has had two interrupted attempts at coming back. It looks like Caris LeVert had a similar injury. This person didn’t have first-hand knowledge of Melton’s injury, but said the sentiment in the organization is that they are assuming he is done, and if he does play, then great. It doesn’t seem like he will, at the very least, be healthy for this playoff run.

Thanks for sharing! This explains a lot on why Melton’s been pushing back his return.

Do you have any news about Roco?

No. I don’t know the guy very well and haven’t talked to him since, but the Sixers listed Melton out with stress injury and back injury at different times, so it’s seems to be stress fractures in the back. Not good.

That absolutely sucks for him. I hope he can come back and resume his career. Still a very young guy I wish him the best.

Bring on the draft

Marlo
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,342

Post#106 » by eyeatoma » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:55 am

;t=119s

Sigh...
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,197

Post#107 » by M2J » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:20 am

So assuming Joel just did something stupid and irritated his knee, and can continue to play. Looking ahead...

I didn't think Tobi was as bad as everyone is saying. He wasn't useless, im just wondering how they can matchup better. Of course, if Joel is healthier than that 2nd half, the offense and rebounding is better.... But I think the hustle and rebounding will be an issue all the same. Reed being a secondary rim protector and rebounder should theoretically allow them to also extend out to contest 3-pointers, protect against the drive, and clear up second chance points for the Knicks.

Maybe even an additional 10 to 15 minutes with read would be all that's needed. Tobias is not necessarily a threat to shoot the ball by his choice. Though I still think he should play quite a bit due to his ability to possibly score or take advantage of matchups, and also defend Brunson.

Another thing is when Joel is off the court they need to be as big as possible. Maxey, Oubre, Harris, Batum and Reed should be on.
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,888

Post#108 » by XtremeDunkz » Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:01 am

Need to box out better. Period. If it takes 5 guys coming in to crash the glass then you have to do it. Can't give up 20+ offensive rebounds. Just can't do it. Try Bamba over Reed.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#109 » by Eyeamok » Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:23 am

XtremeDunkz wrote:Need to box out better. Period. If it takes 5 guys coming in to crash the glass then you have to do it. Can't give up 20+ offensive rebounds. Just can't do it. Try Bamba over Reed.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Bamba does not like rebounds. Long arms tall frame but plays small most of the time. And I can't recall him fighting for a rebound in all the time Embiid was out. Paul Reed, then KJ should be the main options.

But with that being said. I believe in Nurse, he did an amazing job in that Miami game, and he will make the necessary adjustments to fix that rebounding problem.

Bring on the draft

Marlo
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,915

Post#110 » by Wilfried » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:55 am

Josh Hart (and McBride) cannot be the guys who kill us. And they did it before in regular season. Defend them, they aren't superstars. And than, we have them.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,682

Post#111 » by 76ciology » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:39 am

Regarding Hield, I don't know how to unlock him except through constant pick-and-pop plays, jacking up semi-challenged 3s. Next one is running off screens but Reed and Embiid are not good off ball screeners.

One big reason why he's not getting open looks is that defenders are comfortable not defending Oubre and Tobias, allowing them to stay on Hield without rotating to Oubre or Tobias.

Our coaching staff should also watch how Celts get Sam Hauser open
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#112 » by 76ciology » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:43 am

Regarding rebounding, I could be wrong, but I think Lowry would be at fault there. The reason is when you look at the defensive matchups:

- Oubre on Brunson
- Maxey on Divicenzo
- Tobias on OG
- Embiid on Mitchell
- Lowry on Hart

However, we're also not set up for and it's unrealistic to ask Lowry to match Hart’s rebounding numbers or intensity.

But maybe atleast box out Hart?

And maybe make Oubre more of a threat that Hart can’t just roam around and be like Marcus Smart 2024 version.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#113 » by 76ciology » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:28 am

Regarding those non-Embiid minutes, we should aim to win those because Brunson is also not playing during those minutes. Without Brunson, the Knicks lack a shot creator. On the offensive end, McBride did a very good job defensively. Maxey struggled a bit on offense with turnovers in the early part of the fourth quarter when Embiid was on the bench. We should probably have attacked Bogdanovic’s defense more. Maybe pair Batum with Embiid as well. While Oubre can provide some scoring punch with Maxey when Embiid is on the bench.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,342

Post#114 » by eyeatoma » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:36 am

76ciology wrote:Regarding those non-Embiid minutes, we should aim to win those because Brunson is also not playing during those minutes. Without Brunson, the Knicks lack a shot creator. On the offensive end, McBride did a very good job defensively. Maxey struggled a bit on offense with turnovers in the early part of the fourth quarter when Embiid was on the bench. We should probably have attacked Bogdanovic’s defense more. Maybe pair Batum with Embiid as well. While Oubre can provide some scoring punch with Maxey when Embiid is on the bench.

Tobias can play the start of the 1st and 3rd, but the end of the 2nd and 4th, he should not. Dude doesn't have it.
NYSixersFan
Analyst
And1: 1,586

Post#115 » by NYSixersFan » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:45 pm

We're actually a bigger team than the Knicks, so to be dominated that badly on the boards is embarrassing.
FireMorey
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,651

Post#116 » by FireMorey » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:19 pm

Rebounding is just as much desire and toughness as it is height and athleticism. Let's face it, the Sixers over the years haven't always been the toughest team. Physically or mentally. The Knicks were tougher last night. And I suspect they will be throughout the series, the question is can the Sixers talent advantage win out.
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,229

Post#117 » by Murray_17 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:27 pm

Read on Twitter

LOL, at this point is obvious we're done with the guy.

I would love for the team to get and agreement where he just ride into the sunset, his contract is guarantee anyways
FireMorey
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,651

Post#118 » by FireMorey » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:34 pm

If Paul George falls through, they'll probably replace Harris with Anunoby or Siakam. Unless they swing a trade. Don't know where else all that money would go.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,996

Post#119 » by mjkvol » Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:24 pm

At this point, it would be the best thing for everyone to just pay Tobias off and send him on his way, so he and his dad can get an early start on their contract negotiation with Detroit.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,585

Post#120 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:40 pm

I'm watching the Clippers/Mavs game right now. I'm not totally opposed to bringing in PG13 if that is the plan. Obviously it's still too early to really be talking about it, but if he's the Harris replacement I'd be fine with that. Also...Harden looking good in his playoff debut with the Clippers. No hard feelings there. I'm pulling for LA out west.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers