ImageImageImage

#2 Knicks vs #7 Sixers

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,943

Re: #2 Knicks vs #7 Sixers 

Post#121 » by Negrodamus » Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:45 pm

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:I'm watching the Clippers/Mavs game right now. I'm not totally opposed to bringing in PG13 if that is the plan. Obviously it's still too early to really be talking about it, but if he's the Harris replacement I'd be fine with that. Also...Harden looking good in his playoff debut with the Clippers. No hard feelings there. I'm pulling for LA out west.

I’m hoping the Mavs get swept and Doncic asks to be traded to his friend Maxey’s team.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,595

Post#122 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:47 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:I'm watching the Clippers/Mavs game right now. I'm not totally opposed to bringing in PG13 if that is the plan. Obviously it's still too early to really be talking about it, but if he's the Harris replacement I'd be fine with that. Also...Harden looking good in his playoff debut with the Clippers. No hard feelings there. I'm pulling for LA out west.

I’m hoping the Mavs get swept and Doncic asks to be traded to his friend Maxey’s team.

In a perfect world that definitely happens.
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,524

Post#123 » by elchengue20 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:14 pm

Maxey the real deal.

Biid mentally weak as always. Its sad to watch.Never going to win anything with him.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,694

Post#124 » by 76ciology » Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:30 pm

[x]
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=bJcUtOCSwzTqqyZgysWpbQ[/x]
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Zumramania
Senior
And1: 424

Post#125 » by Zumramania » Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:11 pm

I also tought about Doncic...Dallas are a trash team, he is never going go win anything there.
Ferry Avenue
Starter
And1: 847

Post#126 » by Ferry Avenue » Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:11 pm

Anytime there's a rebounding discrepancy to that degree it's a reflection of one team's will to win overcoming the other's. Unless this team grows a backbone this could be a 4-1 series in favor of the Knicks, and the Sixers will stall in the FIRST round this year and not the second.
MVP1992
Rookie
And1: 552

Post#127 » by MVP1992 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:50 am

Negrodamus wrote:

What would that cost?

Embiid ++ ?

All our picks?

Tobias sign and trade ? :lol:
Mr. Biden shot back: “You’ve got more questions? Well, I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t Black.”
76ciology
RealGM

Post#128 » by 76ciology » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:48 am

Watching the game for the second time gave me the impression that we played as if we had superior talent, while the Knicks knew they were not as talented, so they worked twice as hard. The Knicks were not only more energetic, but they were also a lot more physical than us, and sometimes our guys looked surprised that such physicality was allowed.

I also kind of understand why Oubre is paired with Jojo. Oubre seems to struggle with his decision-making, needing Embiid to clean up his mess. I don't understand why Oubre would pass up that open corner 3, especially when it's in his preferred left corner. There might also be a spacing issue with Oubre and Reed. Nevertheless, we need to find a way to win those minutes when Brunson isn’t playing. We probably should have called a timeout to break the momentum, but Nurse played it like Doc in Game 1 of the Hawks series, showing no sense of urgency because he knows we were the better team.

The Knicks were run like one of those old-school coaches, reminding me of Doug Collins and Rivers, where they’d keep their not-so-good starting five in the game with the better team and have microwave scorers off the bench to gain an edge. Off the bench, McBride and Bogdanovic were making shots like VC in that 2000 playoff series against the Raps, while Mitchell was really active around the rim on both ends.

Nobody knows what to expect from Jojo. I didn't even expect him to play in the second half. He was on the court where there were possessions where he looked okay and a lot of possessions where he didn't. If I were to guess, there were many times when our guys were just expecting Jojo to jump for rebounds, and when he didn't, our guys should have adjusted.

The playoffs can be summed up by choosing between stars or role players determining the game. I thought we shouldn't have sent that much help on Brunson, as we were already doing a good job defending him individually.

Maybe it's just me, but I thought I got some answers from Nick Nurse on how he would coach the Celtics series. Firstly, he wouldn't die for guys he's comfortable with, preferring to end games with Batum over Tobi. That shows he wouldn't have played PJ Tucker that much. Secondly, when Embiid couldn't get his shot off at the elbow, he would ask Biid to drive to the lane. Thirdly, when Tatum or Brunson weren’t making their shots, he wouldn't let them shoot their way into getting their rhythm back; instead, he would send help and let their teammates win it for them.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#129 » by 76ciology » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:54 am

I also think that Jojo was a lot better in how he paced himself during the Heat game.

However, his pacing in this Knicks game really reminds me of that game 4 against the Hawks where he was irritated with Capela’s defense. He was scoring well, it looked like we had control of the game, then he went for some showboating move, and he wasn't the same when he returned. I believe it was that game when he suddenly lose his lift in the second half and eventually missed a point blank lay-up that could have win us game 4.

That said, I think he should lay low in the first and third quarters and let Maxey do the damage instead. That way, he'll have enough strength to close out the first half and the game. He doesn't have to score 60 points anyway, as we have superior talent in this matchup. We just need him to be available and not have any drop-off in performance during big moments.

Be like a 7’2” version of Jimmy Butler.
Ferry Avenue
Starter
And1: 847

Post#130 » by Ferry Avenue » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:24 pm

Every year in the playoffs there's a commentary about how Embiid should be used. That's a reflection of his simply playing the wrong position in today's NBA. If he were a point guard or wing who could create his own shot as a three-level scorer you would just say "give him the ball and let him go to work." We wouldn't have to do cognitive gymnastics to get him to produce his typical output.

The team has to transition to Maxey as the guy with the ball in the clutch.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,414

Post#131 » by eyeatoma » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:39 pm

Maxey sick of course.

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,938

Post#132 » by Mik317 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:43 pm

Just a cursed ass franchise lol
#NeverGonnaBeGood
NYSixersFan
Analyst
And1: 1,595

Post#133 » by NYSixersFan » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:15 pm

Of course he's sick. Have no fear, Tobias will score 30. LOL
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,526

Post#134 » by GoSixersBro » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:15 pm

Ferry Avenue wrote:Every year in the playoffs there's a commentary about how Embiid should be used. That's a reflection of his simply playing the wrong position in today's NBA. If he were a point guard or wing who could create his own shot as a three-level scorer you would just say "give him the ball and let him go to work." We wouldn't have to do cognitive gymnastics to get him to produce his typical output.

The team has to transition to Maxey as the guy with the ball in the clutch.

Agree. The scoring torch needs to be passed. Embiid could change the game if more of his energy was spent on defense and rebounding.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
76ciology
RealGM

Post#135 » by 76ciology » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:48 pm

I cant believe Maxey is doubtful. Damn
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,199

Post#136 » by M2J » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:51 pm

The Buddy Hield game
seventy6ers
Sophomore
And1: 68

Post#137 » by seventy6ers » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:08 pm

M2J wrote:The Buddy Hield game

I hope so - he has not been effective at all. Hate seeing Bogdanovic do well on the Knicks.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,460

Post#138 » by Eyeamok » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:09 pm

M2J wrote:The Buddy Hield game

The energy is about to shift !
:lol:
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

Bring on the draft

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,895

Post#139 » by Stanford » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:36 pm

We're cursed for real
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,199