G1 4/20 6pm Sixers @ Knicks

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Lou_23
Bench Warmer
And1: 730

Re: G1 4/20 6pm Sixers @ Knicks 

Post#521 » by Lou_23 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:24 am

TYO23 wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:I don’t think I’ve ever really hated an athlete but Tobias is the closest to it for me. Like Embiids entire prime is being capped by his contract.

Maybe it should be directed to Brand instead?

He’s legit ruined JoJo’s prime…and the moment Tobias rightfully gets benched. His dad or camp runs to Pompey about signing with the pistons. A true losing player who was destined to be a 17 ppg scorer on consistent 33-49 teams. If Maxey didn’t hit…we’d be in a scary space.
Well, The Athletic Pistons guy (I dont remember his name ) is talking about Detroit interest in Harris since months ago.

But maybe now they want him for the minimun lol
Zumramania
Senior
And1: 424

Post#522 » by Zumramania » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:33 am

Tobias Harris in 4 games vs the Knicks this season (prior to this game): 6.3/5.5/2.5 on 31/18/25 shooting splits (34 TS%).

I mean, what were they expecting? At this point, it is clear he is playing this much only because of politics.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,821

Post#523 » by phillynative » Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:29 am

The rebounding woes will continue unless Nurse mixes it up.

We are starting a 6ft 6ft1 backcourt
Oubre is not known for rebounding and barely boxes out
Tobi is Tobi
Embiid banged up not a great rebounder for his size begin with

Neither Batum or Hield are all that physical either.

I would have Embiid run DHO outside of the paint like someone mentioned earlier and put Reed in the dunker spot
Have Batum play stretch 5 off the bench with KJ and Tobi on the wings. If Hield isn't shooting well should play some Council for spot mins and see if he can bring some much needed energy and athleticism.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,821

Post#524 » by phillynative » Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:35 am

If the Celtics can play AlHorford and Robert Williams together. Why can't we try Embiid and Reed, the Knicks don't have a Stretch big to account for and Reed is mobile enough to defend out on the peremiter like a poor man versio of Bam.. Reed can roam off Hart in the corners like they did PJ . Just don't leave him open up top for **** sakes lol
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,720

Post#525 » by 76ciology » Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:56 am

phillynative wrote:If the Celtics can play AlHorford and Robert Williams together. Why can't we try Embiid and Reed, the Knicks don't have a Stretch big to account for and Reed is mobile enough to defend out on the peremiter like a poor man versio of Bam.. Reed can roam off Hart in the corners like they did PJ . Just don't leave him open up top for **** sakes lol

I think it was M2J or Jailblazer who mentioned this. And initially i dont think we should, but im now open about it after watching today’s game.

I think we need Reed at the 4 so we can afford to have Jojo slack off on defense because of his condition.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,921

Post#526 » by Wilfried » Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:14 am

76ciology wrote:
phillynative wrote:If the Celtics can play AlHorford and Robert Williams together. Why can't we try Embiid and Reed, the Knicks don't have a Stretch big to account for and Reed is mobile enough to defend out on the peremiter like a poor man versio of Bam.. Reed can roam off Hart in the corners like they did PJ . Just don't leave him open up top for **** sakes lol

I think it was M2J or Jailblazer who mentioned this. And initially i dont think we should, but im now open about it after watching today’s game.

I think we need Reed at the 4 so we can afford to have Jojo slack off on defense because of his condition.

His rebounding would help a lot too

About game 1:
We got beaten by Josh Hart. He has been a monster against us for same games now (I like him, would have loved to have in Philly). This won't happen too much (I hope), and Lowry and Maxey did a good job on Brunson too.

There's really no reason to think we should lose this series, but Embiid will have to play better and if he doesn't, we will need more out of Harris and Hield than 7 (!!) points in 42 minutes.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,720

Post#527 » by 76ciology » Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:41 am

Biggest lesson that we all can learn in this game is dont wear Sketchers for basketball.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,978

Post#528 » by Negrodamus » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:21 pm

For all the hate Tobias has received from us, and it is deserved, he’s the only guy on the roster who has shown any interest in rebounding the ball. Probably why he’s still getting time.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,036

Post#529 » by mjkvol » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:21 pm

phillynative wrote:The rebounding woes will continue unless Nurse mixes it up.

We are starting a 6ft 6ft1 backcourt
Oubre is not known for rebounding and barely boxes out
Tobi is Tobi
Embiid banged up not a great rebounder for his size begin with

Neither Batum or Hield are all that physical either.

I would have Embiid run DHO outside of the paint like someone mentioned earlier and put Reed in the dunker spot
Have Batum play stretch 5 off the bench with KJ and Tobi on the wings. If Hield isn't shooting well should play some Council for spot mins and see if he can bring some much needed energy and athleticism.

Nick's reluctance to pair Reed with Embiid has to be Reed's inability to space the floor, and that his defender will simply double Embiid, but attacking with high P&R or DHO actions with Reed in the dunker spot should help to mitigate that. It's something he really should at least look at and try one time, because we can't survive giving up that many second chances.

My guess is that he'll see last night as a game we should have won, and a plan that basically worked, that was lost in the extended non-Embiid minutes caused by the injury, and Hart doing something he isn't likely to repeat.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,240

Post#530 » by ProcessDoctor » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:43 pm

Sadly, a healthy Covington and Melton would solve many of our issues.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Payne/Downtin
Maxey/Melton/Hield
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
NYSixersFan
Analyst
And1: 1,602

Post#531 » by NYSixersFan » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:07 pm

I agree with many of the changes being recommended, but I just don't see Nurse doing anything until it' too late.

Coaches don't like drastic changes until it's usually too late.

I predicted Knicks in 5 prior to the series because of all these issues and Embiid not being healthy. Maybe Nurse makes drastic changes? Maybe a miracle happens and Tobias steps up? Maybe Embiid is healed? Highly doubtful. We'll see.
Redemption76
Ballboy
And1: 12

Post#532 » by Redemption76 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:42 pm

Maybe Tobi steps up, you say?

BWAHAHAHAHA.

He is incapable of anything but cashing his bloated paycheck that he should be embarrassed to do.

I used to think Silver and the ColonJellos ruined this team.

Turns out it was Elton Brand. Guys a real dumbass.

As Jimmy Butler said, “Tobias over me?”
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,523

Post#533 » by youngcrev » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:53 pm

Rebounding was always going to be an issue (best offensive rebounding team in the league vs a bad defensive rebounding team), particularly if forced into a lot of zone with Jo's reduced mobility. It just can't continue to be that big of an issue. Even if you're gonna zone up, someone needs to get a body on Josh Hart.
Tony Franciosa
Sixth Man
And1: 974

Post#534 » by Tony Franciosa » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:05 pm

Tobi's rebounds were more about luck of position then aggressive physicality. So many of them yesterday were right place, right time.

I gotta say I was most impressed with Lowry. That's the guy that annoyed me in the playoffs on so many other teams. Kinda glad he's on ours now for this series.
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,780

Post#535 » by Skates » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:21 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:Sadly, a healthy Covington and Melton would solve many of our issues.

A lot of people have been sleeping on how important Melton was and is to this team and I expected it to show up in the playoffs. His injury is a huge loss that was sort of under the radar with all of the other injuries this year.

Buddy Harris and Tobias Hield appear to be long lost brothers smh.
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,596

Post#536 » by sixerswillrule » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:41 pm

Redemption76 wrote:Maybe Tobi steps up, you say?

BWAHAHAHAHA.

He is incapable of anything but cashing his bloated paycheck that he should be embarrassed to do.

Hard not to laugh every time I see ColonJello. Still a 14 year old at heart.
brannigan73
Rookie
And1: 646

Post#537 » by brannigan73 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:02 pm

Tobbias Harris sucks balls in any type of pressure situation. We have 40 million. 40 million! Invested him. Its a problem. Its always been a problem. Luckily it will soon be another team's problem. Name me another team with a guy like this that sucks whenever they need him most that makes 40 million. Ill be waiting. Sure there are other reasons we lost. Many. But seven points! This weak minded fool has quasi checked out as far as I am concerned. He'll be in Detroit next year being seriously overpaid losing a bunch of games and cashing fat checks. He wont get another max but Im sure the pistons will give him upwards of 25 million per year. The most annoying defense of this guy is the old what a nice guy he is defense. Ill be amazed if he doesnt whine on the way out the door or make a bunch of excuses about how we didnt use him properly. No contender is going to base a large part of there offense around Tobias Harris creating average offense. Because its average!
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,599

Post#538 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:29 pm

Skates wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:Sadly, a healthy Covington and Melton would solve many of our issues.

A lot of people have been sleeping on how important Melton was and is to this team and I expected it to show up in the playoffs. His injury is a huge loss that was sort of under the radar with all of the other injuries this year.

Buddy Harris and Tobias Hield appear to be long lost brothers smh.

Not having Melton was a huge hit all season. Had we had him during the months that Jo was out, I think we would have been able to win more games. Very valuable player for us.
TheBallsDeeper
Starter
And1: 2,115

Post#539 » by TheBallsDeeper » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:52 am

Redemption76 wrote:Maybe Tobi steps up, you say?

BWAHAHAHAHA.

Except it was never Harris over Butler.

Brett Brown wanted Butler gone because he didn't want to coach a strong personality, and Simmons was having a sook about Butler playing point, so they traded Butler. It was Brown and Simmons over Butler.

Brown and Brand were idiots for letting Bulter go and keeping Simmons. The fact that you and Butler still get this wrong is just mind-boggling.
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,284

Post#540 » by Murray_17 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:16 am

Negrodamus wrote:For all the hate Tobias has received from us, and it is deserved, he’s the only guy on the roster who has shown any interest in rebounding the ball. Probably why he’s still getting time.

Read on Twitter

Dan posted an entire video but basically, Tobias being out of position and doing useless contests lead, in part, to the disparity in rebounding.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers