ImageImageImage

G1 4/20 6pm Sixers @ Knicks

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,268

Re: G1 4/20 6pm Sixers @ Knicks 

Post#481 » by Arsenal » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:38 am

The Assassin is totally misfiring from 3 to the point where he's useless out there. Might as well go double-big as BBall provides hustle, athleticism and rebounding that The Contract does not. Especially since the rest of our rotation is small and not great at rebounding, nor is Jo for a 7-footer. Otherwise Knicks will have 10-20 extra possessions every damn game.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,461

Post#482 » by Eyeamok » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:39 am

NYSixersFan wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:
NYSixersFan wrote:
It doesn't matter if McBride doesn't have another great game, because it will be someone else who does.

The principles of the series will be the same...We will get destroyed on the boards, out hustled and out toughed.

This roster outside of Embiid and Maxey is garbage.

When the 76ers come back and win this series I hope you still post with the same energy. Don't play the percentages and just wait for them to lose a game in the 2nd round and start this process all over again.

I'll be here no matter what. I hope I'm wrong. In case you haven't realized, I live in NYC...you think I want to lose to the freakin Knicks?

Not to derail the thread, even though the game is over, but maybe you can post your plan for this team during the off season. You seem to be very anti Morey and not like the direction the team is going in. I'd be interested in what you would consider a good plan going forward.

No matter where I live I don't want the 76ers to lose to anyone. But this was a game I thought they would lose. They are coming off an emotional game against the Heat. Embiid is still not 100% and...yeah I could go on but those are the breaks. I'm looking for a better team effort on Monday.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

Bring on the draft

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
NYSixersFan
Analyst
And1: 1,602

Post#483 » by NYSixersFan » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:40 am

phillynative wrote:
NYSixersFan wrote:Buddy Hield..AKA George Hill.

I said Knicks in 5, but if 2nd half Embiid is what we're getting the rest of the series, it will be a sweep.

Atleast George Hill could defend :nonono:

True. It was more of a comparison of Morey trading 3 2nd round picks for a guy at the deadline that does virtually nothing.
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,574

Post#484 » by SixthStreet » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:43 am

The compliments on Hield's floor game vs. the Heat are hilarious. Do the thing you are supposed to be good at. Take and make 3s. Seems like a pretty useless expenditure of 3 SRPs. Harris is proving he's just coasting until he's out of here. I honestly think part of it is that he hates this team/organization and is playing the string out enough to preserve his free agency. Even though I want him out of here yesterday he's a better player than he's showing right now. He's quiet quitting.

I know there are swing elements to series', but the Knicks had far too many of them go their way tonight. The only one that didn't go their way is Brunson's shooting. If this returns to norms we are the better team. Unfortunate to not get a G1 road win but think we are fine.
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,270

Post#485 » by Murray_17 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:44 am

NYSixersFan wrote:
phillynative wrote:
NYSixersFan wrote:Buddy Hield..AKA George Hill.

I said Knicks in 5, but if 2nd half Embiid is what we're getting the rest of the series, it will be a sweep.

Atleast George Hill could defend :nonono:

True. It was more of a comparison of Morey trading 3 2nd round picks for a guy at the deadline that does virtually nothing.

He got 3 picks back on the rest of the deals made at deadline.

Hield in theory was a great get, the issue is he's not shooting because.....reasons. You can move from him in the offseason and it's what its

The only thing i think Morey got wrong at the deadline was moving Springer, but in the end, he's a project guy that is years away from being playable consistenly.
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,270

Post#486 » by Murray_17 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:48 am

SixthStreet wrote:The compliments on Hield's floor game vs. the Heat are hilarious. Do the thing you are supposed to be good at. Take and make 3s. Seems like a pretty useless expenditure of 3 SRPs. Harris is proving he's just coasting until he's out of here. I honestly think part of it is that he hates this team/organization and is playing the string out enough to preserve his free agency. Even though I want him out of here yesterday he's a better player than he's showing right now. He's quiet quitting.

I know there are swing elements to series', but the Knicks had far too many of them go their way tonight. The only one that didn't go their way is Brunson's shooting. If this returns to norms we are the better team. Unfortunate to not get a G1 road win but think we are fine.

It so obvious Tobias want out. He has not been trying for months now.

Someone found a burner from him/someone on his entourage after the Heat game.

The sooner he goes to the Pistons the best for everyone.
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,199

Post#487 » by M2J » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:48 am

phillynative wrote:
Josh Hart shoots 30% from the left corner 3, 36.8% from the right corner 3, 23.6% from the right wing 3, and 29.7% from the left wing 3. However, he excels at shooting from the top of the arc, boasting a 38.6% success rate there. His mid-range shooting is bad, standing at only 22%.

76ciology posted this in the other thread

Those shots at the top of the arc front him put the game away. We're the sixers not aware of this or we're their confusion. Leave him open on the wings but not the top. Poor defensive execution down the stretch.

Literally none of those guys should be left alone. Oubre truly chose not defend some of them.

They got Brunson out of rhythm. Keep length on him.... Stop leaving guys open when they start hitting shots.

Still the offense and rebounding was the biggest issue
FireMorey
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,670

Post#488 » by FireMorey » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:48 am

Council should get Hield's minutes. I realize they play different roles and positions. Figure out the substitutions elsewhere. Hield should not see the floor. Council is tough and has swagger and is the type of guy you want in a series like this.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,599

Post#489 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:50 am

I can't fault Morey for the Hield trade. In theory it should have worked. It did at the start, but we didn't lose anything trading for him and Patrick Beverly would not have made a difference at all in the postseason. Marcus Morris proved to be unplayable in the playoffs about three years ago. We recouped the draft picks we gave up for Hield. It was a low risk move on the part of Morey and we can smoothly move on from him this summer. If the playoffs will tell us anything, it's who's staying and who's going.
NYSixersFan
Analyst

Post#490 » by NYSixersFan » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:50 am

Eyeamok wrote:
NYSixersFan wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:
When the 76ers come back and win this series I hope you still post with the same energy. Don't play the percentages and just wait for them to lose a game in the 2nd round and start this process all over again.

I'll be here no matter what. I hope I'm wrong. In case you haven't realized, I live in NYC...you think I want to lose to the freakin Knicks?

Not to derail the thread, even though the game is over, but maybe you can post your plan for this team during the off season. You seem to be very anti Morey and not like the direction the team is going in. I'd be interested in what you would consider a good plan going forward.

No matter where I live I don't want the 76ers to lose to anyone. But this was a game I thought they would lose. They are coming off an emotional game against the Heat. Embiid is still not 100% and...yeah I could go on but those are the breaks. I'm looking for a better team effort on Monday.

I seem to be very anti Morey? What gave you that idea? lol

I look forward to the off-season discussion.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,599

Post#491 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:52 am

FireMorey wrote:Council should get Hield's minutes. I realize they play different roles and positions. Figure out the substitutions elsewhere. Hield should not see the floor. Council is tough and has swagger and is the type of guy you want in a series like this.

I agree. We're gonna see him at some point. Nurse will ride with Hield for another game, but he's here to hit threes and if he can't do in that then he needs to sit.
NYSixersFan
Analyst

Post#492 » by NYSixersFan » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:00 am

Harris and Oubre need to play a lot less...especially Harris. I would definitely play Martin and Council. I would consider extended minutes of Reed and Embiid together.

I don't think any of this will happen until the series is 3-0 or 3-1.
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,199

Post#493 » by M2J » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:03 am

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:I can't fault Morey for the Hield trade. In theory it should have worked. It did at the start, but we didn't lose anything trading for him and Patrick Beverly would not have made a difference at all in the postseason. Marcus Morris proved to be unplayable in the playoffs about three years ago. We recouped the draft picks we gave up for Hield. It was a low risk move on the part of Morey and we can smoothly move on from him this summer. If the playoffs will tell us anything, it's who's staying and who's going.

Trade made sense. Should've used those picks as throw in picks to get Dejounte though
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,237

Post#494 » by ProcessDoctor » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:20 am

I don’t think I’ve ever really hated an athlete but Tobias is the closest to it for me. Like Embiids entire prime is being capped by his contract.

Maybe it should be directed to Brand instead?
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Payne/Downtin
Maxey/Melton/Hield
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,237

Post#495 » by ProcessDoctor » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:24 am

The best Hield solution this year is Melton getting healthy.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Payne/Downtin
Maxey/Melton/Hield
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
Jailblazers7
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,502

Post#496 » by Jailblazers7 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:25 am

The worst thing is that a Sixers playoff loss feels so predictable.

1. Tobias stinks up the joint
2. Our role players miss open shots, theirs hit tough ones
3. Embiid injury scare
4. We force feed Embiid in the clutch despite it not working

I still think we can win this series tho. That was a bad game for us & it still took some great shooting from Hart down the stretch to bury us.
AI_Efficiency
Sixth Man
And1: 752

Post#497 » by AI_Efficiency » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:27 am

ProcessDoctor wrote:I don’t think I’ve ever really hated an athlete but Tobias is the closest to it for me. Like Embiids entire prime is being capped by his contract.

Maybe it should be directed to Brand instead?

If Tobias just wasn’t playing up to his contract it still wouldn’t be ideal, but that can happen. What sucks is that I’m not even sure he’s a winning player out there. Like I somewhat think he actively hurts this team vs having someone else in his place.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,035

Post#498 » by mjkvol » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:28 am

Here's how I saw that game - we had about a 50% Embiid in the second half and got nothing from anyone else but Maxey and a bit of Lowry, the Knicks got a zillion offensive rebounds, and yet they needed a 3-pt. barrage by a relative non-shooter and FT's from a guy that shoots about 3% to win the game.

Nick's plan was clearly to take out Brunson and make other guys beat us, and in doing so decide who you want to take the shot. That guy was Hart, and it didn't work. It happens. Offensively, it was a bad move to run it through Embiid when he was clearly not himself, but the problem was he and Maxey got little help.

It's been said a bunch, but Nick has to bench Tobias - he gives us nothing offensively, little to nothing defensively, and is a zero on the boards. Get a kid like Ricky or KJ in there who will at least compete on the glass. Unfortunately, I don't think he'll do it.

Great effort and fight to get back into the game, but they hold serve - on to game 2.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Jailblazers7
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,502

Post#499 » by Jailblazers7 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:28 am

Brilliant move by the Knicks front office to extend McBride for 3/13M earlier this year tho. They locked him in at a dirt cheap rate before he made himself a ton of money in the playoffs.
AI_Efficiency
Sixth Man
And1: 752

Post#500 » by AI_Efficiency » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:29 am

Jailblazers7 wrote:The worst thing is that a Sixers playoff loss feels so predictable.

1. Tobias stinks up the joint
2. Our role players miss open shots, theirs hit tough ones
3. Embiid injury scare
4. We force feed Embiid in the clutch despite it not working

I still think we can win this series tho. That was a bad game for us & it still took some great shooting from Hart down the stretch to bury us.

Yea, if I wanted to argue why we would lose, I would say that Lowry, Harris, Hield, Oubre and Batum just won’t make enough open looks when the pressure is on.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers