ImageImageImage

G1 4/20 6pm Sixers @ Knicks

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Embiid P
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,094

Re: G1 4/20 6pm Sixers @ Knicks 

Post#461 » by Embiid P » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:02 am

The difference in this game is that their bench showed up while we got virtually nothing from ours. Those early 2nd and 4th quarter stretches when Embiid sits always kill us.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,595

Post#462 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:05 am

Embiid P wrote:The difference in this game is that their bench showed up while we got virtually nothing from ours.

True, Hield was a colossal disappointment. He only attempted one three the entire time. Payne gave us nothing. I think Nurse will need to pivot to Council or even KJ at some point. We need more rebounding and physicality out there. If Buddy Hield could give us anything that'd be great. Tobias Harris isn't a bench player and he's got one foot already out the door, but it'd be nice if he gave us a game too.
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,247

Post#463 » by Murray_17 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:05 am

M2J wrote:I've given credit to Morey.... But, I can never understand why Reed is even on this roster. -21 in 11 minutes. Even with that said, they can't get out rebounded like that again. They have to go double big.

I think this is one of those situations where the +/- is misleading. Mcbride and Bg were hitting like 300 3s and their minutes coincided with Reed
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,694

Post#464 » by 76ciology » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:06 am

Down the stretch, Jojo had no lift on his jumpers, nor did he have the elevation to compete for rebounds. While we were effective playing single coverage on Brunson, we suddenly switched to a zone defense and ended up giving up wide-open 3-pointers.

Bogdanovic and McBride allowed the Knicks to have the slight lead down the stretch. While Hart was big for the knicks down the stretch with those 3s and grabbing ORebs.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,880

Post#465 » by HotelVitale » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:09 am

NYSixersFan wrote:You're not going to win much in the playoffs playing guys like Tobias and Oubre 30+ minutes.

I have no idea why some of you are feeling good after this game....You think Brunson is going to shoot 8 for 26 every game?

I mean, do you think Deuce McBride is gonna score 21pts on like 80% TS, Hart will go for 22/13, and the Knicks will shoot almost 50% from 3 every game?

Meanwhile our bench shot 3/10 and was like -18 in short minutes.

Also the defense was really good on Brunson, and I think it's pretty replicable. He'll play better but I don't think he's going to have a field day against that constant switch defense with Batum as the lead. And again other players of theirs had good games tonight while none of our guys really did, and we made a ton of dumb and lazy mistakes. I don't think we're gonna sail to victory but the Knicks don't look very scary and we had every chance to win what was not a good game for us.
NYSixersFan
Analyst
And1: 1,595

Post#466 » by NYSixersFan » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:10 am

HotelVitale wrote:
NYSixersFan wrote:I said Knicks in 5, but if 2nd half Embiid is what we're getting the rest of the series, it will be a sweep.

Just curious, man, what about that game screamed to you 'the Sixers canNOT hang with this team!'

They have no chance in hell of winning this series with a wounded Embiid.

I said before the Series that the Knicks would out shoot, out tough, out rebound us. A healthy, dominant Embiid could overcome that, but not this version of Embiid.
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,247

Post#467 » by Murray_17 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:12 am

NYSixersFan wrote:
Murray_17 wrote:Yeah, we're losing this one. Forcing it to Joel here is a stupid idea.

Tobias benched again down the stretch, it's obvious Nurse see the same thing as us

If Nurse saw what we see, Tobias wouldn't be playing 30 minutes.

I mean, even if Nurse wants to bench Tobias altogether there is no way the ownership is gonna let him bench a guy who wins 30 million a year.
HotelVitale
RealGM

Post#468 » by HotelVitale » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:12 am

NYSixersFan wrote:
HotelVitale wrote:
NYSixersFan wrote:I said Knicks in 5, but if 2nd half Embiid is what we're getting the rest of the series, it will be a sweep.

Just curious, man, what about that game screamed to you 'the Sixers canNOT hang with this team!'

They have no chance in hell of winning this series with a wounded Embiid.

I said before the Series that the Knicks would out shoot, out tough, out rebound us. A healthy, dominant Embiid could overcome that, but not this version of Embiid.

Just responded above, but we just saw the team with a crappy version of Embiid outplay the Knicks in the 2nd half. Despite not playing very well. And we only lost it because Embiid was toast on offense in the clutch while they hit shots they often don't on like 6 straight possessions.

Again I'm not trying to be complacent--this will be a dogfight at best--but I don't understand what you're talking about, or how anyone could have watched that game and come back with 'oh crap, we're totally out-gunned here.' Just not what that game showed to my eyes.
HotelVitale
RealGM

Post#469 » by HotelVitale » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:16 am

Also the Knicks are better than us at offensive rebounding...but by 1.6 rebounds per game this RS. Not 14.

(EDIT: for example Jalen Brunson doubled his season high in orebs today)
NYSixersFan
Analyst

Post#470 » by NYSixersFan » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:17 am

HotelVitale wrote:
NYSixersFan wrote:You're not going to win much in the playoffs playing guys like Tobias and Oubre 30+ minutes.

I have no idea why some of you are feeling good after this game....You think Brunson is going to shoot 8 for 26 every game?

I mean, do you think Deuce McBride is gonna score 21pts on like 80% TS, Hart will go for 22/13, and the Knicks will shoot almost 50% from 3 every game?

Also the defense was really good on Brunson, and I think it's pretty replicable. He'll play better but I don't think he's going to have a field day against that constant switch defense with Batum as the lead. And again other players of theirs had good games tonight while none of our guys really did, and we made a ton of dumb and lazy mistakes. I don't think we're gonna sail to victory but the Knicks don't look very scary and we had every chance to win what was not a good game for us.

It doesn't matter if McBride doesn't have another great game, because it will be someone else who does.

The principles of the series will be the same...We will get destroyed on the boards, out hustled and out toughed.

This roster outside of Embiid and Maxey is garbage.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,820

Post#471 » by phillynative » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:17 am

NYSixersFan wrote:Buddy Hield..AKA George Hill.

I said Knicks in 5, but if 2nd half Embiid is what we're getting the rest of the series, it will be a sweep.

Atleast George Hill could defend :nonono:
HotelVitale
RealGM

Post#472 » by HotelVitale » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:23 am

NYSixersFan wrote:
HotelVitale wrote:

It doesn't matter if McBride doesn't have another great game, because it will be someone else who does.

The principles of the series will be the same...We will get destroyed on the boards, out hustled and out toughed.

So some random not-that-great player will definitely step up and play one of his best games of the season for the Knicks, but all of our not-that-great players will be garbage. Because they hustle better.

Also, yes, their team is better at rebounding and hustles more/more smartly. If your point is just 'that means EVERYTHING!!!' then cool I'll let it go. That feels like a medium factor to me here and not the whole story. (Like in today's game that kept them close but it was just the stretch run shot-making that actually determined the game).
TYO23
Sophomore
And1: 74

Post#473 » by TYO23 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:27 am

Tobias Harris is killing this team and a big reason of why Joel never won anything in his prime. I genuinely don’t care if he offers to take a vet min. I want him away from this team. We might genuinely win this series if we replace his minutes with Ricky and Batum entirely.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,460

Post#474 » by Eyeamok » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:27 am

NYSixersFan wrote:
HotelVitale wrote:

When the 76ers come back and win this series I hope you still post with the same energy. Don't play the percentages and just wait for them to lose a game in the 2nd round and start this process all over again.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

Bring on the draft

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,820

Post#475 » by phillynative » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:28 am

Josh Hart shoots 30% from the left corner 3, 36.8% from the right corner 3, 23.6% from the right wing 3, and 29.7% from the left wing 3. However, he excels at shooting from the top of the arc, boasting a 38.6% success rate there. His mid-range shooting is bad, standing at only 22%.

76ciology posted this in the other thread

Those shots at the top of the arc front him put the game away. We're the sixers not aware of this or we're their confusion. Leave him open on the wings but not the top. Poor defensive execution down the stretch.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#476 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:31 am

Eyeamok wrote:
NYSixersFan wrote:
HotelVitale wrote:

When the 76ers come back and win this series I hope you still post with the same energy. Don't play the percentages and just wait for them to lose a game in the 2nd round and start this process all over again.

His only purpose is to spew negativity. Just ignore him. I'm learning to ignore this page when the window is left open and the filth flies find their way in. All they do is post hot garbage. They'll go away after we win.
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,199

Post#477 » by M2J » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:31 am

Murray_17 wrote:
M2J wrote:I've given credit to Morey.... But, I can never understand why Reed is even on this roster. -21 in 11 minutes. Even with that said, they can't get out rebounded like that again. They have to go double big.

I think this is one of those situations where the +/- is misleading. Mcbride and Bg were hitting like 300 3s and their minutes coincided with Reed

Whether it is or not.... He's useless. They struggle defending the rim, they don't go switch heavy and he's not that strong defending in space either, but offensively they struggle too. They have built this offense around DHO offense and it's not his strength.... Fine. Get your guard a quality pick and roll partner there to allow for a focal point offensively when Joel is off the floor. They fall apart when Joel is off the floor on both ends.
NYSixersFan
Analyst

Post#478 » by NYSixersFan » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:31 am

Eyeamok wrote:
NYSixersFan wrote:
HotelVitale wrote:

I'll be here no matter what. I hope I'm wrong. In case you haven't realized, I live in NYC...you think I want to lose to the freakin Knicks?
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,938

Post#479 » by Mik317 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:32 am

This is the best I have felt after a playoff loss in a long time

Not because I think we will win but because we played hard our best players were fine and not total ass and we had a chance to win. Not a moral victory guy either but yeah it’s just what I expected

Also violently sick right now sooooooo lol
#NeverGonnaBeGood
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#480 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:34 am

phillynative wrote:
Josh Hart shoots 30% from the left corner 3, 36.8% from the right corner 3, 23.6% from the right wing 3, and 29.7% from the left wing 3. However, he excels at shooting from the top of the arc, boasting a 38.6% success rate there. His mid-range shooting is bad, standing at only 22%.

76ciology posted this in the other thread

Those shots at the top of the arc front him put the game away. We're the sixers not aware of this or we're their confusion. Leave him open on the wings but not the top. Poor defensive execution down the stretch.

I get switching to zone late in the 4th. It worked for the most part. Knicks were confused on offense. Thing is they hit some hail Mary threes and that's what sunk us. I truly feel like this game would have been ours had Embiid not gotten shelved in the 2nd. We also went away from what got us back in the game on the 3rd. Forcing it to Embiid late in the 4th did not work. It needed to be Maxey. I expect Nurse to adjust and fix these things in game two. We're ok.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers