ImageImageImage

NBA Playoffs Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,599

Re: NBA Playoffs Thread 

Post#21 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:20 am

Watching Mavs/Clippers...Derrick Jones Jr needs to be a Sixer next season. He's unrestricted, he's long, athletic, and very much improved as a player. He's a steal for us if we can get him.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,720

Post#22 » by 76ciology » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:31 am

Solves rebounding.
Runs 2 man game with Maxey on Non Embiid minutes.
Can shoot corner 3s.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#23 » by 76ciology » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:40 am

Big shot by Luka. 1:26 remaining
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,825

Post#24 » by stormi » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:22 am

76ciology wrote:

Solves rebounding.
Can shoot corner 3s.

My post from November.

Siakam has his pull up shooting warts and he was overtasked, but I think if you put him in a role similar to when Kawhi was in Toronto (lots of corner 3s, lots of attacking in transition and attacking off the catch) he’s shown he can be a championship-caliber contributor.

Some Siakam pro qualities:

- Shooting 38.6% on corner 3 attempts since '18-'19
- Shot 72% on field goals within 4 ft on 300+ attempts (excellent for a forward on high volume)
- Elite at drawing fouls
- Very good on or off the ball in transition
- Elite AST% for forward

Some cons:

- Questionable shot selection at times, which can be related back to him being overtasked in TO as the main man (still achieved multi time All NBA)
- Not as disruptive enough a defender for a player as long and athletic as he is should be

An Embiid/Maxey/Siakam big three definitely piques my interest to a degree.

He is the perfect four man to put alongside Embiid.

A lot of my favorite roleplayers have been showing out so far. Nembhard, NAW, McBride, Conley. Some good hoops.
brannigan73
Rookie
And1: 646

Post#25 » by brannigan73 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:12 am

I would have traded for Siakam for 3 firsts. He does fit everyone doesnt have to be a sharp shooter around Embiid and Maxey just most of the positions. He has size and athletic ability and the ability to create above average offense. He is a great third option.
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,921

Post#26 » by Wilfried » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:13 am

brannigan73 wrote:I would have traded for Siakam for 3 firsts. He does fit everyone doesnt have to be a sharp shooter around Embiid and Maxey just most of the positions. He has size and athletic ability and the ability to create above average offense. He is a great third option.

Can't we still get him? :wink:
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,440

Post#27 » by eyeatoma » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:56 am

Wilfried wrote:
brannigan73 wrote:I would have traded for Siakam for 3 firsts. He does fit everyone doesnt have to be a sharp shooter around Embiid and Maxey just most of the positions. He has size and athletic ability and the ability to create above average offense. He is a great third option.

Yes

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,036

Post#28 » by mjkvol » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:24 pm

76ciology wrote:

Solves rebounding.
Can shoot corner 3s.

If we had to go the sign a FA route, I'd take Siakam over George in a millisecond.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,285

Post#29 » by Murray_17 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:28 pm

Wilfried wrote:

Doubtful, he's likely getting a max from the Pacers (which would look awful on year 4/5 tbh) and they have his bird rights. Basically, he would get a discount on his next contract if he goes to another team.
Jailblazers7
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,516

Post#30 » by Jailblazers7 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:37 pm

I’d absolutely hate Beal if I were a Suns fan. He’s under delivered all year after we traded our remaining assets for him. To make matter worse, he talked sh*t to Ant in the final game of the regular season & now the Wolves are locked in and beating their ass.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,980

Post#31 » by Negrodamus » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:07 pm

Jailblazers7 wrote:I’d absolutely hate Beal if I were a Suns fan. He’s under delivered all year after we traded our remaining assets for him. To make matter worse, he talked sh*t to Ant in the final game of the regular season & now the Wolves are locked in and beating their ass.

And to think Sixers fans were clamoring for him when he wanted out of Washington
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,902

Post#32 » by Stanford » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:33 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
Jailblazers7 wrote:I’d absolutely hate Beal if I were a Suns fan. He’s under delivered all year after we traded our remaining assets for him. To make matter worse, he talked sh*t to Ant in the final game of the regular season & now the Wolves are locked in and beating their ass.

And to think Sixers fans were clamoring for him when he wanted out of Washington

And Maxey was the cost of doing business.
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,575

Post#33 » by SixthStreet » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:59 pm

I'm not sure what the Clippers are going to do. Kawhi seems broken, they didn't want to commit to PG, they are really going to give Harden the Brinks truck? I don't know if there's any chance Morey holds onto those picks beyond the offseason but they seems to have increasing value by the day.

But they do have young superstar Terrance Mann.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,036

Post#34 » by mjkvol » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:07 pm

Stanford wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

Still blows my mind to this day. PHX trading for Beal was possibly my favorite move of the off season.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,285

Post#35 » by Murray_17 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:44 am

This is why i would never buy the Celtics winning the championship until i see it.

They become so lazy in the playoffs it's just fascinating. No way they beat the Nuggets being this inconsistent
Jailblazers7
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,516

Post#36 » by Jailblazers7 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:22 am

The Western Conference bracket is so much fun. I’m really excited for the potential second round matchups between Minny/Denver & OKC/Dallas. I’d LOVE to see an Ant vs. Shai WCF but that seems unlikely with Denver in the way.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#37 » by 76ciology » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:46 am

Well, we can use the max space for Hartenstein :lol:

Al Horford 2.0
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,526

Post#38 » by elchengue20 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:16 am

mjkvol wrote:
Stanford wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

Still blows my mind to this day. PHX trading for Beal was possibly my favorite move of the off season.

Cant believe some talking heads and analysts were hyping this move.

3 score first guys, no point guard, no plus defenders and no depth.

Yeah thats not going to work. Also no leadership at all.

Some people still believes this is NBA2K and "my turn, your turn" basketball works at the highest level.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,143

Post#39 » by Kobblehead » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:39 pm

Yeah, Bradley Beal has major loser energy.

Harkens back to him getting cooked over the summer at Tatum's camp by Cooper Flagg and getting all mad and throwing a hissy fit.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#40 » by 76ciology » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:14 pm

[x]
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=bJcUtOCSwzTqqyZgysWpbQ[/x]

Return to Philadelphia 76ers