Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,605

Re: G2 4/22 730PM Sixers @ Knicks 

Post#521 » by HartfordWhalers » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:21 pm

Zonarosa wrote:.

Be better or be gone. Either works. Warning issued.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,821

Post#522 » by phillynative » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:57 pm

Don't respond to the obvious lame loser looking for attention he doesn't get offline where he actually has to interact with people in person.
Jailblazers7
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,502

Post#523 » by Jailblazers7 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:43 am

I’m trying to look at the bright side after that brutal ending. Despite the ending, Maxey has proven that he’s a truly elite player capable of delivering in the playoffs. This Knicks team is throwing a stable of excellent defenders at him in OG, McBride, & Hart with a good back line with Hartenstein & Robinson. Doesn’t matter, he’s still getting buckets.

I think we can still win this series & even if we don’t the future is bright.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,599

Post#524 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:47 am

Jailblazers7 wrote:I’m trying to look at the bright side after that brutal ending. Despite the ending, Maxey has proven that he’s a truly elite player capable of delivering in the playoffs. This Knicks team is throwing a stable of excellent defenders at him in OG, McBride, & Hart with a good back line with Hartenstein & Robinson. Doesn’t matter, he’s still getting buckets.

I think we can still win this series & even if we don’t the future is bright.

Real talk,
This has been a hell of a year for Maxey. The way he's closing games is almost routine at this point. The debate about who's better between him and Brunson has gotten a hell of a lot closer over the last few days.
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,895

Post#525 » by XtremeDunkz » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:01 am

I've thought about this all day, and in reality I would be very satisfied is the 76ers decided to protest this series to the end. Even if that meant forfeiting the series.

I know it will never happen, but at least that would force a change by the league in the offseason.

I've lost all care for these playoffs

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,422

Post#526 » by eyeatoma » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:08 am

XtremeDunkz wrote:I've thought about this all day, and in reality I would be very satisfied is the 76ers decided to protest this series to the end. Even if that meant forfeiting the series.

I know it will never happen, but at least that would force a change by the league in the offseason.

I was thinking the same. Would have been something if the just said no we're not playing after that Divincenzo three.

The refs **** things up has gone too far.

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,461

Post#527 » by Eyeamok » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:02 am

Adam Silver and NBA refs

The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

Bring on the draft

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,708

Post#528 » by 76ciology » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:27 am

eyeatoma wrote:
XtremeDunkz wrote:I've thought about this all day, and in reality I would be very satisfied is the 76ers decided to protest this series to the end. Even if that meant forfeiting the series.

I was thinking the same. Would have been something if the just said no we're not playing after that Divincenzo three.

I share the same sentiment, especially considering that I don't think Embiid can last playing the entire playoffs in his current condition. I'm contemplating sitting out Embiid due to injury and Maxey due to illness for the entire series.

Overall, I believe the league is pushing back. When these players disrespected the All-Star Game, Silver was embarrassed, evident in his post-game speech. Suddenly the game just changed from above like Hunger Games lol. Since then, referees have been calling games differently, allowing more physicality. I don't mind that, honestly, but consistency is key.

The regular season became dull after the All-Star break. Numerous 'injuries' occurred, and it's unclear if teams were influenced by how the Heat made it to the finals without home-court advantage in most series. It seems like many teams don't prioritize having the higher seed, and we're guilty of this too. We targeted the Knicks because we believe we have all the tools to beat them in a seven-game series, with our talent advantage and ability to shut down Brunson.

However, maybe it's just age making me more stoic now. I think we can take this one game at a time rather than making emotional decisions that could be irreversible. As Nurse said, this just makes the series longer
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,034

Post#529 » by mjkvol » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:11 pm

76ciology wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

I share the same sentiment, especially considering that I don't think Embiid can last playing the entire playoffs in his current condition. I'm contemplating sitting out Embiid due to injury and Maxey due to illness for the entire series.

Overall, I believe the league is pushing back. When these players disrespected the All-Star Game, Silver was embarrassed, evident in his post-game speech. Suddenly the game just changed from above like Hunger Games lol. Since then, referees have been calling games differently, allowing more physicality. I don't mind that, honestly, but consistency is key.

The regular season became dull after the All-Star break. Numerous 'injuries' occurred, and it's unclear if teams were influenced by how the Heat made it to the finals without home-court advantage in most series. It seems like many teams don't prioritize having the higher seed, and we're guilty of this too. We targeted the Knicks because we believe we have all the tools to beat them in a seven-game series, with our talent advantage and ability to shut down Brunson.

However, maybe it's just age making me more stoic now. I think we can take this one game at a time rather than making emotional decisions that could be irreversible. As Nurse said, this just makes the series longer

I've said it a couple of times, but NBA series really are like a set in tennis - the set doesn't really begin until the first service break (in this case a road win).

We should have broken serve on Monday, but until or unless the Sixers lose one of the next two games at home, the series is still 'on serve', and of course the Sixers need one 'service break' to win the series. Win on Thursday, then worry about Sunday.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin

Return to Philadelphia 76ers