ImageImageImage

G2 4/22 730PM Sixers @ Knicks

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,590

Re: G2 4/22 730PM Sixers @ Knicks 

Post#441 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:58 am

It was an awful loss, but we have one or two of these every year in the playoffs. Hopefully it's behind us and we can tie this thing up in Philly. I feel like we're a dead team walking with Joel and his knee. We'll see Thursday.
TYO23
Sophomore
And1: 74

Post#442 » by TYO23 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:59 am

For the first time in my life I genuinely questioned if the league was rigged. The missed jersey pull…ignoring two timeouts. Adding what I saw on tonight with us being the team most negatively affected by calls in the last two minutes.

But also I don’t wanna give the supporting cast any bail. Would it kill Tobias, Kelly or Buddy to literally give us anything offensively.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,590

Post#443 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:02 am

For the record that was some straight up BS at the end of the game.
FireMorey
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,651

Post#444 » by FireMorey » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:12 am

I just don't get why Embiid is hurting this much. If his knee is hurting this bad they should not have brought him back. I get the whole "We only have so many chances to win with Embiid in his prime, so you need as many cracks at it as you can" but my god, the guy can't move. Did they honestly think this was going to finally be the year seeing him laboring around in practice with that knee?

I swear if we find out after the season something else is going on in the knee or they rushed him back before it was fully healed, that might be the final nail in the coffin following this team. All their stupid moves, signings, hires, and trades over the years is one thing, but to sabotage a guy's career like this is a travesty. This better not be something that lingers into next season or Joshua Harris needs to step up to the plate and get rid of everybody who allowed this to happen.

Really starting to think the whole line about his knee being "fine, I just don't trust it yet" is typical Sixers injury obfuscation or an outright lie and we'll find out after the season he's going to need another surgery. He was not supposed to return from that knee surgery not being able to move out there. It's ridiculous. I hate this franchise so much. Had to vent about that for a bit.
brannigan73
Rookie
And1: 639

Post#445 » by brannigan73 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:14 am

Eyeamok wrote:Some people say Nick Nurse did not call a proper timeout some people say he did. But all season long this team has had issues getting the ball inbound, today it really came back to bite them in their behind.

Good news is Joel played better than I thought he would, bad knee and all. And Thursday seems like a week away. More time for him to heal and for Nurse to work his magic. Step 1 Nurse work on inbound plays. Right now as a 76ers fan it seems like the end of the basketball world but it's not. We lost 2 close games away from home. Now the 76ers need to come home and win the next two and we have a brand new series.

Maxey is really having a baptism by fire type of season. Asked to step in and fill the shoes that James Harden wore, then be the team leader when Joel goes down. Then in the playoffs game 1 have several critical turnovers at the end of the game. Then in game 2 get the ball snatched away from you like a little kid and they score. Then at the end of the game maybe he gets fouled maybe he didn't but it was a rough way to end your night Maxey. But it's all part of his growth process.

We have a harder time imbounding the ball then any good team in the league. Its like sweating blood every time last in the 4th in close games.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,354

Post#446 » by eyeatoma » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:14 am

Read on Twitter
?t=XStVctpiYxytYKUsoLxYgw&s=19

What is private about this?

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk
brannigan73
Rookie

Post#447 » by brannigan73 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:21 am

stormi wrote:
Read on Twitter

The official account posting this is killing me.

He's not Harden, can't pass the same way and doesn't have that same size, but I think about how Harden played his best ball on the best team he was ever apart of on the Rockets after acquiring CP3.

I think second phase Maxey post-Joel would really thrive next to another ball handler to compliment his game. Someone that can share half court responsibilities with him. A bigger guard that can operate the pick and roll at a high level and shoot off the ball.

It's who I'd be looking to pair him with.

They need to pair Maxey with a big guard that also has play making skills and is a good defender. Its a must. If I was them I would be looking for a combo guard and power forward as the top needs this offseason I wouldnt be chasing Paul George they need to add multiple quality players. I honestly would be happy if no one was back from this team except Embiid and Maxey. Maybe Kyle if he will sign cheap to be the backup point.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,934

Post#448 » by Mik317 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:29 am

big guards with playmaking skills are max level super stars tho lol
#NeverGonnaBeGood
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,686

Post#449 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:31 am

[x]
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=bJcUtOCSwzTqqyZgysWpbQ[/x]
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
NYSixersFan
Analyst
And1: 1,589

Post#450 » by NYSixersFan » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:35 am

The refs and Embid's injury are going to overshadow the real issues....The supporting cast.
Mik317
RealGM

Post#451 » by Mik317 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:37 am

NYSixersFan wrote:The refs and Embid's injury are going to overshadow the real issues....The supporting cast.

don't worry...we will overpay for some aging player and fill out the roster with former rockets
#NeverGonnaBeGood
NYSixersFan
Analyst

Post#452 » by NYSixersFan » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:38 am

Mik317 wrote:big guards with playmaking skills are max level super stars tho lol

Dejounte Murray
Malcolm Brogdon
NYSixersFan
Analyst

Post#453 » by NYSixersFan » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:39 am

Mik317 wrote:
NYSixersFan wrote:The refs and Embid's injury are going to overshadow the real issues....The supporting cast.

don't worry...we will overpay for some aging player and fill out the roster with former rockets

Are you finally going to concede that Morey is a fraud of epic proportions? :D

Or you wanna wait till you see his off-season master plan?
Mik317
RealGM

Post#454 » by Mik317 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:00 am

NYSixersFan wrote:
Mik317 wrote:

Are you finally going to concede that Morey is a fraud of epic proportions? :D

Or you wanna wait till you see his off-season master plan?

I am willing to see what he does in the offseason....just don't have much faith in it.

I think his philosophy for the modern nba is just outdated in general. He constantly has ignored the little things because to him just having a top player is enough...when that simply isn't how it works anymore. Beyond Biid's own bull **** we have lost constantly because of things like the backup center spot not being up to snuff. Not having a bench unit. Being a team that relies heavily on tough shot making as the whole offense....that **** don't work anymore...and honestly never did. Those Rockets teams were great but each year hit the wall because they relied on Harden to do everything on offense and while yeah he was old here we saw it first hand that Harden's game relies on that step back heavy...which is gameplanned against hard in a playoff setting and even then, its a playstyle that forces at least 3 other guys to just stand and watch...and they are never in a rhythm because of the main engine's usage. Luka is a beast but IMO he won't win until he gives up a lot of that usage and become better off ball. Biid and Maxey have not been perfect b but they have scored 30+ a piece and yet we are down 0-2....its not a winning strat imo. Part of this is on Biid too because I am sure he wants to do it all and be the guy and all that jazz....either out of ego or just thinking thats the best way to do things but still Morey def agrees.

His plan is to get a better third option...which is fine but it will be either PG or DeRozan which is "fine" and should "help" in the short term but what does it do for the long term? How much do we have left for the bench? the other 2 starters? So far all he has done is bring in guys past their prime to fill out the roster and thinks its okay because Biid is dominant yo...which yeah we are a 50 win team every year but said dominance eats at his fragile ass body and often comes in ways that don't fully translate to a 7 game series against the same opponent....and again relies heavy on making tough shots....shots that become harder with dead legs. Jokic is better than Biid because his game makes it so others get involved and stay involved and his game doesn't tax his body and he can get easy shots because of it. The Nuggets aren't stacked with amazing talent but each guy who plays can hang on defense and can make open shots. and again because Jokic keeps them engaged they are always ready. Tatum is able to survive him **** himself at random times because that team has guards who can dribble, get their own, set up guys and space the floor and he has another wing scorer next to him and now two stretch bigs who can hang. All of these teams are also athletic (sans Jokic lol).

Its been my main issue with this FO with Morey...I get it...didn't have enough ammo, got to clean up past mistakes, Harden got his fee fees hurt and all that jazz....so I was willing to wait and see what he does with a clean slate....but idk if I have any faith in it rn because I don't think he knows how to build a team beyond 2-3 good players and a bunch of refurbished junk.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
brannigan73
Rookie

Post#455 » by brannigan73 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:02 am

Two first rounds picks Time Lord and Brogdon got the Celtics Jrue Holiday. Thats not a ton really. Then they get Porzingis for Smart a good defensive guard who cant shoot. We will have five first round picks and a bunch of cap space. Its amazing how better run teams seem to get things done. Im not going to call Morey a fraud but he isnt patient and he chases stars. Harris is checked out but Id be telling him ECF or bust next year if I owned this team.
NYSixersFan
Analyst

Post#456 » by NYSixersFan » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:06 am

I feel bad for Embiid....Look at the 3-8 players we're playing....two vets on their last legs and 4 basketball losers.

You think Jokic or any other great Center in NBA history would elevate this trash?
NYSixersFan
Analyst

Post#457 » by NYSixersFan » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:13 am

brannigan73 wrote:Two first rounds picks Time Lord and Brogdon got the Celtics Jrue Holiday. Thats not a ton really. Then they get Porzingis for Smart a good defensive guard who cant shoot. We will have five first round picks and a bunch of cap space. Its amazing how better run teams seem to get things done. Im not going to call Morey a fraud but he isnt patient and he chases stars. Harris is checked out but Id be telling him ECF or bust next year if I owned this team.

He's a fraud because people think he's actually really good....He's nothing more than a star chaser. No clue how to build a team.
Ben
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,850

Post#458 » by Ben » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:20 am

Murray_17 wrote:
Ben wrote:
Right now Maxey isn't yet a full NBA #2 star on a title team. He's young, I think he'll grow toward that role, but he's not yet. And Embiid's body makes him a waning #1 star on a title team. We need a #3, and we need him badly. Not a single other player could step up tonight.

I mean, i understand people still think Maxey is not the guy to be a 2# or to build around after Embiid prime is done.

Weird to say this after he has been the best player in the floor on this series.

BTW, I love Maxey and he's my favorite Sixer. But how is my comment weird? Maxey had a good but not great game tonight until the 4th quarter, and even in the 4th he made three critical turnovers, two of which factored heavily in the loss. Six FTA on 22 shots, when we all know that FTs are a huge part of being the go-to scorer. He's gonna need to learn more to lean into contact, creating fouls that bail out what would otherwise just be misses. He's not there yet. When you have a team that's essentially one bona fide superstar who has injury issues and is likely nearing the age-out part of his career, you need at least one other major superstar. Maxey isn't (yet) that. How is that controversial? Did you watch the first 3 quarters and say to yourself, yeah, Maxey and Embiid will get this done?

What I said to myself was, yeah, someone else needs to step up tonight or they're not gonna win. Will it be Oubre, to whom they've turned late in the game even when Maxey's been available? Will it be Nic Batum, who's done it once in recent memory (vs. the Heat)? If not them, who?

I didn't once say to myself, hey, between Embiid and Maxey they have it covered.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,686

Post#459 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:48 am

[x]
Read on Twitter

[x]
Read on Twitter
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Kova
Veteran
And1: 728

Post#460 » by Kova » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:27 am

This was a tough one to swallow, but we should get too emotional.
We have 2 must-win games in front of us. I'm both optimistic and a bit pessimistic tbh..

Optimistic because:
- we should have won this one, seems like we figured it out and they shot their best shot already
- we gotta get some production from 3-8 players, we're getting nothing from Hield, we need to find ways to get him involved
- we still need to get some buckets from Oubre
- josh hart and DiVincenzo can't be that good of a 3pt shooters throughout the whole series, can they

Pessimistic because:
- well, we're already 0-2 down, and there's no room for errors. We still need to get one in NY and it's always going to be hostile there
- Maxey and Embiid are getting the numbers you expect from them. Unless one of them has 50, I don't see how we can expect more from those two and still win. I don't know if our supporting cast is capable of showing up when it matters
- not sure we're able to keep up with their intensity throughout 48 minutes, we get leads, but then blow them and play catch up.

All in all, I believe...
But in reality, we are not built to win this year and you can't win in the playoffs with the amount of different rotations and injuries we had in the regular season. This is a different game now.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers