ImageImageImage

G2 4/22 730PM Sixers @ Knicks

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,944

Re: G2 4/22 730PM Sixers @ Knicks 

Post#481 » by Negrodamus » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:08 pm

Tony Franciosa wrote:Did this get posted yet? Cuz it's embarrassing as $ht. Need a whole new broadcast team next year... even postgame, but keep Amy Fadool.

Read on Twitter

To be fair, they're announcing from the standpoint of covering an NBA team. What we did was college basketball bad.
FlyingArrow
Starter
And1: 1,452

Post#482 » by FlyingArrow » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:10 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
Tony Franciosa wrote:Did this get posted yet? Cuz it's embarrassing as $ht. Need a whole new broadcast team next year... even postgame, but keep Amy Fadool.

Read on Twitter

To be fair, they're announcing from the standpoint of covering an NBA team. What we did was college basketball bad.

Lower than college basketball bad. We were in the position where we didn't need to stop them and didn't even need to make all our free throws... just not turn the ball over and make most of our free throws. That loss was painful.
The KnicksFix
Starter
And1: 1,599

Post#483 » by The KnicksFix » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:41 pm

Tony Franciosa wrote:yeah, I'm out. they should not be losing to this team.

I don’t think you’ve been watching the Knicks. They are a 2 seed without Randle for a reason
FireMorey
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,660

Post#484 » by FireMorey » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:47 pm

I think a lot of people here watched the Knicks. The Knicks are a solid team. The Sixers are 7+ games above them in the standings had Embiid not gone down with the knee injury. It's not a disrespect to the Knicks to acknowledge that fact.
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,531

Post#485 » by GoSixersBro » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:24 pm

EmbiidRocks wrote:I don't understand how it's possible Hield cannot make 3s, he has always been great at that part of the game, like what happened?
Checking his stats, they are good for the most part most years, so idk honestly, I think it's just lack of confidence.
I may be delusional, but I think he is the one that can help us the most outside of Embiid and Maxey in terms of scoring if he gets into his groove. Abandoning him too early could be a mistake based on overreaction from a recent poor patch of games.

It may sound like a good idea to mostly keep doing the same thing we have been doing while just improving a bit on the boards and in focus, and hope their role players miss more shots, but then again, Maxey had great shooting in both games and Embiid has at least been decent, while Brunson has been poor in both games. So I don't know, we need someone else to step up, because Maxey will probably not be great all games, Brunson will have a great game or two at some point probably.

Offensive schemes, consistent playing time. Knicks wings aren't slouches on defense either. Can't just expect a good shooter to hit a three every time he touches the ball. Buddy cannot create his own 3's, but our offense isn't exactly prioritizing hitting shooters running off screens or DHO's like the days with Redick.

Watching this series and the Miami game, I don't see a drastic difference in how this offense operates compared to years prior with Doc. I do not think it's an easy task to run through Joel in a halfcourt set, especially in a slower tempo playoff game. Yet here we are in the seventh consecutive year basically mashing the same square peg into a round hole.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
EmbiidRocks
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#486 » by EmbiidRocks » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:33 pm

GoSixersBro wrote:
EmbiidRocks wrote:I don't understand how it's possible Hield cannot make 3s, he has always been great at that part of the game, like what happened?
Checking his stats, they are good for the most part most years, so idk honestly, I think it's just lack of confidence.
I may be delusional, but I think he is the one that can help us the most outside of Embiid and Maxey in terms of scoring if he gets into his groove. Abandoning him too early could be a mistake based on overreaction from a recent poor patch of games.

It may sound like a good idea to mostly keep doing the same thing we have been doing while just improving a bit on the boards and in focus, and hope their role players miss more shots, but then again, Maxey had great shooting in both games and Embiid has at least been decent, while Brunson has been poor in both games. So I don't know, we need someone else to step up, because Maxey will probably not be great all games, Brunson will have a great game or two at some point probably.

Offensive schemes, consistent playing time. Knicks wings aren't slouches on defense either. Can't just expect a good shooter to hit a three every time he touches the ball. Buddy cannot create his own 3's, but our offense isn't exactly prioritizing hitting shooters running off screens or DHO's like the days with Redick.

Watching this series and the Miami game, I don't see a drastic difference in how this offense operates compared to years prior with Doc. I do not think it's an easy task to run through Joel in a halfcourt set, especially in a slower tempo playoff game. Yet here we are in the seventh consecutive year basically mashing the same square peg into a round hole.

We should just do what we did with Redick to involve him more IMO. Not saying he is the same caliber of shooter, but he is of the same mold, quick and fast trigger.
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,531

Post#487 » by GoSixersBro » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:59 pm

EmbiidRocks wrote:
GoSixersBro wrote:

We should just do what we did with Redick to involve him more IMO. Not saying he is the same caliber of shooter, but he is of the same mold, quick and fast trigger.

I agree. It's wild how successful it was for all the flack Brett Brown gets to this day and his successors don't spam it.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,938

Post#488 » by Mik317 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:16 pm

they run dho with Maxey

Buddy is too slow for it to work plus Biid missing as much time as he has means they don't have that chemistry
#NeverGonnaBeGood
EmbiidRocks
Ballboy

Post#489 » by EmbiidRocks » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:20 pm

Mik317 wrote:they run dho with Maxey

Buddy is too slow for it to work plus Biid missing as much time as he has means they don't have that chemistry

Buddy is not slower than Redick though.
To me, that was the main positive thing Brett Brown did, get the most out of a deadly shooter.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,460

Post#490 » by Eyeamok » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:20 pm

What are his 3 point percentages in playoff games? Exactly.... !
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

Bring on the draft

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
EmbiidRocks
Ballboy

Post#491 » by EmbiidRocks » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:24 pm

Eyeamok wrote:

Come on man two game sample size, let's be real here. He can do much better and it's not like we don't need what he provides, we totally do.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,938

Post#492 » by Mik317 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:30 pm

EmbiidRocks wrote:
Mik317 wrote:they run dho with Maxey

Buddy is not slower than Redick though.
To me, that was the main positive thing Brett Brown did, get the most out of a deadly shooter.

yeah he is. JJ was incredible shape...and JJ had a crazy quick release. Buddy doesn't...well at least THIS Buddy doesn't lol
#NeverGonnaBeGood
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,392

Post#493 » by cgf » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:40 pm

NYSixersFan wrote:
Mik317 wrote:big guards with playmaking skills are max level super stars tho lol

Dejounte Murray
Malcolm Brogdon

Sorry if it's not kosher during the series for me to post here, but I think Dejounte Murray would be a really rough fit. A lot of knicks fans wanted him after the OG trade so I watched most Hawks games from the end of December through the deadline and came away very disappointed...which his metrics only reinforced; stuff like DARKO, TS, the lineup data, painted the same picture I was seeing during that month & a half of Atlanta games.

His offensive impact is minimized next to another on ball guard because he's an inefficient scorer despite his career year shooting the ball, who's best skill is drive-n-kick'ing, and he's just too weak & undisciplined to defend bigger guards or wings...not only where his metrics as bad as Trae's, but Bogdan Bogdanovic -- who's no stopper despite being smart, strong, and combative -- is levels better as a defender.

I could see Murray making a big difference for the Magic because they have the defenders to let him roam away from the ball defensively, and their offense desperately needs an on-ball guy to help Paolo...although he doesn't seem to have the best attitude, so maybe not the right guy for a young team like them.

But next to Maxey (or Brunson) I feel Murray would be just as much of a disaster as he is next to Trae...who was somehow better than Murray at fighting around screens in the Hawks games I watched this season :lol:

With my whole 'Dejounte Murray is a lot more interesting in theory than reality' spiel out of the way, I'll leave you'll too it and hope that whatever happens the rest of the series, nobody picks up any injuries cause it should be very interesting to see how game 3 goes.

I won't be shocked if you just steamroll us, with our supporting cast struggling more on the road while yours comes to life, and the stars keep playing like they have been in the first 2...but I also won't be surprised if Brunson starts finding his rhythm, while 2-3 of DDV / Hart / OG / Deuce / Bogey are hot enough for us to have a chance to snag it.

Sucks that we couldn't see both of these teams at 100% :-/
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,265

Post#494 » by Murray_17 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:48 pm

Buddy has like 15% off the movement off ball Redick had. To play like Redick you need to go thru 2 or 3 screens every play and run the court constantly.
FireMorey
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,660

Post#495 » by FireMorey » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:48 pm

If you're relying on Hield to bail you out, the season is already over. He's a lost cause. Another Morey failure. He shouldn't even be in the rotation at this point. Council or Payne will give you more.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,460

Post#496 » by Eyeamok » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:12 pm

EmbiidRocks wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:

Come on man two game sample size, let's be real here. He can do much better and it's not like we don't need what he provides, we totally do.

He is not built for the playoffs. Buddy "Regular Season" Heild.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

Bring on the draft

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,599

Post#497 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:16 pm

Yeah no way Hield is as quick as Reddick was off the ball. JJ never stopped moving on offense. Buddy sucks bad compared to him. The guy has been terrible since the start of March.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,944

Post#498 » by Negrodamus » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:22 pm

Worth noting that JJ ceased to be a 40% 3pt shooter when the playoffs came around. Career 37% which is pretty average.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,897

Post#499 » by Stanford » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:27 pm

I'd take 37% on volume from Buddy Hield. Hell yeah.
brannigan73
Rookie
And1: 642

Post#500 » by brannigan73 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:34 pm

76ciology wrote:It comes back to my point: we lack endurance. When you're tired, your reaction time and decision-making are slow. And when faced with the choice between fighting and giving up, there's a bias towards the latter.

Part of it is we surround our stars with roleplayers and they have to play huge minutes and do everything and it's exhausting. We got guys around maxey and Embiid that don't want to do anything but pass the ball back to Embiid and maxey the whole game and when they do try to make a play seem to fail l more often then not. It will be an extra interesting off-season almost all of these guys will be replaced.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers