ImageImageImage

Game 3: Sixers (0-2) vs. Knicks (2-0) | Thu Apr 25 7:30 PM (EST) TV: NBCSNP, TNT

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Place your bets

Poll ended at Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:37 pm

PHI -4.5
44%
NYK +4.5
11%
PHI ML (-180)
33%
NYK (+152)
11%

Total votes: 9

mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,011

Re: Game 3: Sixers (0-2) vs. Knicks (2-0) | Thu Apr 25 7:30 PM (EST) TV: NBCSNP, TNT 

Post#21 » by mjkvol » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:22 pm

brannigan73 wrote:Well, they better win if they dont its over. I mean they should have won every game considering OG has done nothing. We lost to Josh Hart, Brunson, Divencenzo, Hartenstein and Robinson. Good NBA players but not exactly the 86 Celtics.

Or the '83 Sixers, if you want to use the greatest team in NBA history as your benchmark.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,937

Re: Game 3: Sixers (0-2) vs. Knicks (2-0) | Thu Apr 25 7:30 PM (EST) TV: NBCSNP, TNT 

Post#22 » by Mik317 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:59 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Mik317 wrote:The problem is that we are due for a Biid is sorry for himself game and a Brunson explosion

Just don’t get swept and fight it out is all I ask.
You say this every game and it hasn't happened. Maybe he's changed and maybe you could just not always assume the worst with him. Put that **** in the universe is just bad energy man...

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

I **** love Joel Embiid.

I have spent the last two day in a depressing stupor because I want....nah NEED this dude to win. Its a weird thing that it would be like a validation of all of the stupid time I have spent on this team. I legit would probably stop watching the sport if we ever somehow won lol.

That being said because I have spent all my time watching this godforsaken team, I know how it goes. This isn't a diss to Jo at all either, **** wears on you. You do everything right and your body still betrays you. His emo Biid games generally come in games in which the other team gets super hot and his broken ass body can't keep up. Hasn't happened so far but idk feels like it will and the fact that we don't have the firepower to keep up in said scenario I can almost picture it lol.

Its a glass hall full vs half empty here. We have had a chance to win both games and Biid and Maxey have played well and we have locked down Brunson. BUT we also have lost two games with Brunson playing like ****. Chances are that either Brunson will have a breakout game and Biid or Maxey will have an off night... law of averages and all that jazz yknow. They can and have survived Brunson's off night, we haven't shown that we can. I say this every year if I didn't give a **** about this team, this would be a very interesting series because its interesting to see if adjustments can either swing the series or blow it wide open
#NeverGonnaBeGood
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,521

Post#23 » by GoSixersBro » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:48 pm

If law of averages are true Josh Hart won't sniff 10 points tomorrow night, but this is Philadelphia sports and some mid always goes off against us. I call it The Cody Ross Event.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
EmbiidRocks
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#24 » by EmbiidRocks » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:53 pm

76ciology wrote:If we ever make it to the Eastern Conference Finals and have to face the Celtics, we will look back at this series and remind ourselves how working hard and being physical can mitigate talent disparity. We can use this Knicks blueprint to defeat the Celtics.

We don't work hard and we are not physical though.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,894

Post#25 » by Stanford » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:06 pm

GoSixersBro wrote:I call it The Cody Ross Event.

Hell yeah
Ferry Avenue
Starter
And1: 846

Post#26 » by Ferry Avenue » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:20 pm

76ciology wrote:If we ever make it to the Eastern Conference Finals and have to face the Celtics, we will look back at this series and remind ourselves how working hard and being physical can mitigate talent disparity. We can use this Knicks blueprint to defeat the Celtics.

That’s been going on for eons in professional sports. When physical talent is roughly equal, as it is in the playoffs in any professional sport, mentality wins.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,369

Post#27 » by eyeatoma » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:50 pm

Mik317 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Mik317 wrote:The problem is that we are due for a Biid is sorry for himself game and a Brunson explosion

Just don’t get swept and fight it out is all I ask.
You say this every game and it hasn't happened. Maybe he's changed and maybe you could just not always assume the worst with him. Put that **** in the universe is just bad energy man...

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

I **** love Joel Embiid.

I have spent the last two day in a depressing stupor because I want....nah NEED this dude to win. Its a weird thing that it would be like a validation of all of the stupid time I have spent on this team. I legit would probably stop watching the sport if we ever somehow won lol.

That being said because I have spent all my time watching this godforsaken team, I know how it goes. This isn't a diss to Jo at all either, **** wears on you. You do everything right and your body still betrays you. His emo Biid games generally come in games in which the other team gets super hot and his broken ass body can't keep up. Hasn't happened so far but idk feels like it will and the fact that we don't have the firepower to keep up in said scenario I can almost picture it lol.

Its a glass hall full vs half empty here. We have had a chance to win both games and Biid and Maxey have played well and we have locked down Brunson. BUT we also have lost two games with Brunson playing like ****. Chances are that either Brunson will have a breakout game and Biid or Maxey will have an off night... law of averages and all that jazz yknow. They can and have survived Brunson's off night, we haven't shown that we can. I say this every year if I didn't give a **** about this team, this would be a very interesting series because its interesting to see if adjustments can either swing the series or blow it wide open

Worst thing is I know what you're saying is true, and I just don't want ot admit it. makes total sense, that Brunson has had down games, and Embiid has been relatively good. Fingers crossed Jo can keep it up, and his nerves or w/e aren't going to lead to paralysis so we can vanquish these fools before Brunson realizes how good hei s.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#28 » by mjkvol » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:30 pm

I'm so sick of the 'woe is me' attitude of Philly sports fans - well, many of them, anyway. I know it's like a comfort zone of sorts to wallow in self pity, but it got old long ago.

Been a fan of all four teams since the early '70's, and each team has had far more heartbreak, blown chances, and bad luck than championships, and it's not remotely close. You know what? I wouldn't trade it for all the Boston, NY, or anywhere else's championships and success.

I can think of so many incredible moments, uniquely Philly moments that no one outside of here would ever get, some of them obscure to the point that most people here wouldn't even remember them. And because they were hardly commonplace, the championships meant so much more than they do in a place like NY, where they're obsessed with 'counting' titles.

When I hear or see "if ______ happens, I'm done with this team", my first thought is "don't let the door hit you in the ass". I'm not nearly as big a fan as I was 20-30 years ago, but I'll stop watching the sport (which I've done with the NFL) before quitting one of our teams. Sorry for the venting.
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,521

Post#29 » by GoSixersBro » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:48 pm

mjkvol wrote:I'm so sick of the 'woe is me' attitude of Philly sports fans - well, many of them, anyway. I know it's like a comfort zone of sorts to wallow in self pity, but it got old long ago.

Been a fan of all four teams since the early '70's, and each team has had far more heartbreak, blown chances, and bad luck than championships, and it's not remotely close. You know what? I wouldn't trade it for all the Boston, NY, or anywhere else's championships and success.

I can think of so many incredible moments, uniquely Philly moments that no one outside of here would ever get, some of them obscure to the point that most people here wouldn't even remember them, and because they were hardly commonplace, the championships meant so much more than they do in a place like NY, where they're obsessed with 'counting' titles.

When I hear or see "if ______ happens, I'm done with this team", my first thought is "don't let the door hit you in the ass". I'm not nearly as big a fan as I was 20-30 years ago, but I'll stop watching the sport (which I've done with the NFL) before quitting one of our teams. Sorry for the venting.

In my personal life I can confidently say there are friends of mine who are very negative people and are more secretly excited when a Philly team falters in the Playoffs because then they have something to moan about and then play armchair GM of what we should've done. They enjoy the drama more than the actual sport. Nobody ever is "done with this team". It's just copium.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,763

Post#30 » by the_process » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:34 pm

mjkvol wrote:I'm so sick of the 'woe is me' attitude of Philly sports fans - well, many of them, anyway. I know it's like a comfort zone of sorts to wallow in self pity, but it got old long ago.

I can think of so many incredible moments, uniquely Philly moments that no one outside of here would ever get, some of them obscure to the point that most people here wouldn't even remember them, and because they were hardly commonplace, the championships meant so much more than they do in a place like NY, where they're obsessed with 'counting' titles.

You can have the "uniquely Philly moments".

I'll take some damn titles.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#31 » by mjkvol » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:55 pm

the_process wrote:

You can have the "uniquely Philly moments".

I'll take some damn titles.

Clever. I'm guessing you're a somewhat younger fan, because the title obsession seems to have started in the internet age. Everyone always wanted to win, but I don't remember a 'championship or failure', dump the team mindset like there is today. The idea of switching teams is just bizarre to me. How much could you care if you can just move on? Definitely a today thing.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#32 » by mjkvol » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:59 pm

GoSixersBro wrote:

In my personal life I can confidently say there are friends of mine who are very negative people and are more secretly excited when a Philly team falters in the Playoffs because then they have something to moan about and then play armchair GM of what we should've done. They enjoy the drama more than the actual sport. Nobody ever is "done with this team". It's just copium.

Oh, no doubt. I think one of the things that made me feel this way was living in North Jersey among NY fans for many years. I swear, Giant fans would much rather see the Eagles lose than the Giants win. When the Eagles won the SB in '17, it was like a stake in the heart to every Giant fan I knew.

But I sure as hell wasn't going to lament about Philly failures around people like that, and I enjoyed every second of Buddy Ryan kicking Parcells' fat ass every time the Eagles played those Giant teams, even though they won two SB's and we didn't win a playoff game. Funny thing is, those losses bothered Giant fans more than they enjoyed winning SB's.
Iverson Armband
Starter
And1: 1,606

Post#33 » by Iverson Armband » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:20 am

I can think of so many incredible moments, uniquely Philly moments that no one outside of here would ever get, some of them obscure to the point that most people here wouldn't even remember them. And because they were hardly commonplace, the championships meant so much more than they do in a place like NY, where they're obsessed with 'counting' titles.

You really don’t have the right to tell other people how to be a fan. Ok so winning isn’t everything to you, cool. That’s you. Of course the “moments” are fun. But you’ve been a fan of this team for all of these years and you know ALL of the BS the fans have gone through and I don’t need to list them. Taking that in to consideration, people are going to vent, especially on a freaking internet message board. You condemning people for it as if you're the gatekeeper of fandom is rather rich.
always a jump shot away.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#34 » by mjkvol » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:28 am

Iverson Armband wrote:

You really don’t have the right to tell other people how to be a fan. Ok so winning isn’t everything to you, cool. That’s you. Of course the “moments” are fun. But you’ve been a fan of this team for all of these years and you know ALL of the BS the fans have gone through and I don’t need to list them. Taking that in to consideration, people are going to vent, especially on a freaking internet message board. You condemning people for it as if you're the gatekeeper of fandom is rather rich.

I don't think it was as high handed as you're making it out to be (condemning??), and I certainly wasn't telling anyone how to be a fan. The 'woe is us' and 'negadelphia' stuff just gets old after a while. My opinion, that's all. Carry on.
Iverson Armband
Starter
And1: 1,606

Post#35 » by Iverson Armband » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:29 am

They need to jump out on this team early tomorrow and stomp them, if they really mean business. This Knicks team has a lot of confidence right now. The Sixers need to have NY really questioning if they have what it takes to beat them if the Sixers aren’t beating themselves.
always a jump shot away.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#36 » by mjkvol » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:37 am

I'd actually be surprised (barring injuries or something else unforeseen) if we're not tied 2-2 headed back to NY after Sunday.
Jailblazers7
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,486

Post#37 » by Jailblazers7 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:47 am

The cliche is that role players play better at home in the playoffs & boy do I hope that’s true for us.
NYMNYKFN10
Analyst
And1: 1,605

Post#38 » by NYMNYKFN10 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:24 am

Knicks fan here (I come in peace).

I have 2 tickets to tomorrow's game. Was going to go with my cousin but unfortunately he's sick and can no longer make it.

Looking to sell both tickets, will take face value for them as I know it's last minute and I just need to get rid of them.

Section 123, row 13.

If anyone's interested feel free to PM me.
Jhawk03
Pro Prospect
And1: 347

Post#39 » by Jhawk03 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:28 am

There needs to be a conversation on what to do if the Knicks win game 3, because it looks that way as of now.
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,573

Post#40 » by SixthStreet » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:15 am

Seems like Melton may give it a go. That would be helpful. I feel for the guy. Looks like he's pushing himself to play so he can get some decent money in the offseason.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers