ImageImageImage

Game 4: Sixers (1-2) vs. Knicks (2-1) | Sun Apr 28 1:00 PM (EST) TV: ABC

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Place your bets, gentlemen (unless you play for one of these teams)!

Poll ended at Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:28 pm

PHI - 5
70%
NYK +5
20%
PHI ML (-190)
10%
NYK ML (+160)
No votes

Total votes: 10

Sixercise
Sixth Man
And1: 480

Re: Game 4: Sixers (1-2) vs. Knicks (2-1) | Sun Apr 28 1:00 PM (EST) TV: ABC 

Post#401 » by Sixercise » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:48 pm

Its like Thibeadoux and Nurse switched roles today - Nurse overplaying the starters, Thibeadoux dealing with roster shuffling due to players being out....this franchise is truly cursed. Should we even give Morey another shot? That's where our lack of depth issues all point to....
rilamann wrote:Leave Simmons alone, your back would be sore too if you didn't have a spine.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,825

Post#402 » by phillynative » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:53 pm

brannigan73 wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:I just think people don't want to stop believing in Embiid because he is the face of The Process. Admitting he is a fraud would automatically mean that The Process has been a failure, people cannot accept that. I think we should just move on though, it's ok to get it wrong sometimes, the most important thing is to learn from mistakes.

Fraud is way too harsh a word and I criticize Embiid all the time. My problem is we have blown so many chances to remake this roster in a way that will maximise his talents and we keep relying on him to be the main leader. Its feels like sometimes that maybe we wont ever be able to do that. We also dont use him correctly. He is a great offensive player but I dont know in this day and age you can win titles expecting a center to score 30 points every single game to win playoff series against quality teams. I want him to be more Jokic like. He improved his passing a lot this year. I feel like if this offseason doesnt play out as expected and we lose in the first two rounds again next season he will force his way out anyway whether we trade him or not. These guys want to win titles. As much as our frustration is about him sometimeI would imagine he is probably as unhappy about playing for this orginization as he has ever been. I would be.

The Sixers have done a really subpar job of building the correct pieces around him. This goes all the way back to failed draft choices and holding on to Ben for too long.Also I think its time for Embiid to take a step back on his usage, he's too injury prone and I don't care about scoring titles in the regular season. I don't think he's willing to just focus on being more rebound/defensive minded center that can score. But it's also not like he has had players next to him to surpass him as the #1 option.
phillynative
General Manager

Post#403 » by phillynative » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:00 pm

Sixercise wrote:Its like Thibeadoux and Nurse switched roles today - Nurse overplaying the starters, Thibeadoux dealing with roster shuffling due to players being out....this franchise is truly cursed. Should we even give Morey another shot? That's where our lack of depth issues all point to....

I want Morey gone. Bring in someone who has followed this team and has a fresh take on what to do with the roster to build around Embiid and Maxey. We already know what Morey is going to do this offseason. Beg PG to sign , Beg Harden to forgive him and come back(lol) and than once those two things don't happen and everyone else of value has been signed to other teams. He will scramble to throw a team together and tell us how good the team is . I'm tired of him and Josh Hartis. Two frauds.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,941

Post#404 » by Mik317 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:32 pm

pulling a Ben Simmons and taking a break from this place lol

for my mental health or whats left of it
#NeverGonnaBeGood
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,607

Post#405 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:39 pm

Mik317 wrote:pulling a Ben Simmons and taking a break from this place lol

for my mental health or whats left of it

Same. I'll see you mutherphluckers draft night.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,074

Post#406 » by Bum Adebayo » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:41 pm

FireMorey wrote:The time to trade Embiid is over, you won't get equal value anymore. Time for the GM to do his job and actually put a good enough roster around him that can actually withstand injuries and doesn't fall apart.

You don't need equal value, with Embiid you have a certainity, every season he has an injury, in the case he doesn't have an injury, his stamina plain sucks, he sucks in 4th quarters. This dude is not made for playoffs and tough basketball. I don't care if we don't get equal value, we need to rebuild, are you telling me we won't get offered some decent picks for him? I call BS.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,549

Post#407 » by youngcrev » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:47 pm

I get that it's been bad with Embiid off the floor, but you can't play him that many minutes. You don't get enough out of him when he's gassed, particularly down the stretch.

Anyway, embarrassing effort of the glass when things mattered. They deserved to lose. I'll be cheering for the Knicks the rest of the way (after they finish this one out that is).
FireMorey
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,686

Post#408 » by FireMorey » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:25 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:
FireMorey wrote:The time to trade Embiid is over, you won't get equal value anymore. Time for the GM to do his job and actually put a good enough roster around him that can actually withstand injuries and doesn't fall apart.

You don't need equal value, with Embiid you have a certainity, every season he has an injury, in the case he doesn't have an injury, his stamina plain sucks, he sucks in 4th quarters. This dude is not made for playoffs and tough basketball. I don't care if we don't get equal value, we need to rebuild, are you telling me we won't get offered some decent picks for him? I call BS.

They aren't rebuilding and people need to get over it. If they don't win a title with him and not trading him sooner lengthens the rebuild process, then it does. If people don't like it then take a few years off from watching basketball and come back when they're good again.
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,584

Post#409 » by SixthStreet » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:33 pm

Well guys, we've made it!

You are all cordially invited to The Tobias Harris Farewell Game, Tuesday night at MSG. Light refreshments, including Crumbl Cookies, to be served.
phillynative
General Manager

Post#410 » by phillynative » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:43 pm

phillynative wrote:OG and Hart combined for 31 mothertrucking rebounds.

The Knicks have the sixers figured out. They are more athletic , more grity and more physical and they know that because of that they will always have a chance.

But for the 1 NY fan that liked my comment. Just know that If Morey didn't have such a hard-on for the offseason and actually addressed the weaknesses this team had . The sixers would be up easily in the series.

We are heavily relying on players that are close to retiring and the roster is clearly under construction.
TYO23
Sophomore
And1: 74

Post#411 » by TYO23 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:47 pm

Maxey had an awful game. I don’t care what the stats say he was dreadful today.

Nurse was awful as well and I can’t forget the Bball Paul minutes. One of the only positives about losing this series is we get out of the Tobias and Reed contracts.

Morey needs to be on the hot seat as well
Bum Adebayo
General Manager

Post#412 » by Bum Adebayo » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:47 pm

FireMorey wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:

They aren't rebuilding and people need to get over it. If they don't win a title with him and not trading him sooner lengthens the rebuild process, then it does. If people don't like it then take a few years off from watching basketball and come back when they're good again.

That's malpractice then, fans need to understand it's over, let it go and rebuild.
phillynative
General Manager

Post#413 » by phillynative » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:48 pm

SixthStreet wrote:Well guys, we've made it!

You are all cordially invited to The Tobias Harris Farewell Game, Tuesday night at MSG. Light refreshments, including Crumbl Cookies, to be served.

It's going to be a huge relief. If only he could take his dad butt buddy with him( Brand).
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,070

Post#414 » by mjkvol » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:16 am

TYO23 wrote:Maxey had an awful game. I don’t care what the stats say he was dreadful today.

Nurse was awful as well and I can’t forget the Bball Paul minutes. One of the only positives about losing this series is we get out of the Tobias and Reed contracts.

Nick had about his worst game since he's been here, just awful. Maxey looked flustered down the stretch, and missed a few wide open 3's at critical times. The 4th quarter was about as bad as any this season, and brought back nightmarish memories of Glenn.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Bum Adebayo
General Manager

Post#415 » by Bum Adebayo » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:30 am

Maybe if the same keeps happening with 3 coaches, then it's not coach fault, but it's on the players? coach gets the blame for most things because it's a simple change to do, replace one coach with another and voila, we will improve so much!
Our 4th quarter collapses are a constant in the process era. Guess what player has been a constant all these years? exactly.
Embiid P
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,096

Post#416 » by Embiid P » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:31 am

phillynative wrote:
SixthStreet wrote:Well guys, we've made it!

It's going to be a huge relief. If only he could take his dad butt buddy with him( Brand).

Agreed 100%. I'd like to see how we do with Harris's albatross no longer killing our cap space and roster flexibility before I jump on the "trade Embiid" bandwagon.
FireMorey
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,686

Post#417 » by FireMorey » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:45 am

People say the same thing every year. Time to trade Embiid and then come November you'll be gushing about how amazing he is. Trading him is a non-starter and completely illogical, but if you're going to have that energy then keep that energy.
Dave_R
Sophomore
And1: 144

Post#418 » by Dave_R » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:59 am

I'm a Knicks fan coming in peace. I've been watching hoop for a long time (63 years old).

Here's what I see to be the problem Philly has: Philly has nobody to do the dirty work. Lowry can a little bit but, at this point, he's too old (and also too small). They need a gritty/dirty work player or two. If they don't get that type of player, they cannot win. Remember, the last time Philly won, they had Iavaroni, Bobby Jones, and Clemon Johnson to do the dirty work.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,767

Post#419 » by 76ciology » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:08 am

It's easy to suggest getting rid of Tobias, but the hard part is finding a suitable replacement.

I feel bad for Morey and Nurse; I think both of them did a really good job. It's just incredibly challenging to win with Embiid and his condition. It reminds me of the Rockets and Yao Ming back then.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Embiid P
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,096

Post#420 » by Embiid P » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:16 am

Bum Adebayo wrote:Maybe if the same keeps happening with 3 coaches, then it's not coach fault, but it's on the players? coach gets the blame for most things because it's a simple change to do, replace one coach with another and voila, we will improve so much!
Our 4th quarter collapses are a constant in the process era. Guess what player has been a constant all these years? exactly.

Technically Harris has been a part of them too minus Embiid's first playoff series vs. Boston which is hard to blame Embiid alone for given who else was on the roster at the time. Not saying that Embiid hasn't played poorly at times during that stretch but personally I'd like to see how we do with Harris's albatross finally off the books before I look to trade Embiid.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers