ImageImageImage

Game 4: Sixers (1-2) vs. Knicks (2-1) | Sun Apr 28 1:00 PM (EST) TV: ABC

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Place your bets, gentlemen (unless you play for one of these teams)!

Poll ended at Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:28 pm

PHI - 5
70%
NYK +5
20%
PHI ML (-190)
10%
NYK ML (+160)
No votes

Total votes: 10

the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,791

Re: Game 4: Sixers (1-2) vs. Knicks (2-1) | Sun Apr 28 1:00 PM (EST) TV: ABC 

Post#361 » by the_process » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:21 pm

NYSixersFan wrote:Don't understand at the refusal to try Reed with Embiid

Reed is clearly too spastic to be trusted by a team that thinks of itself as a contender. He’s going to be gone anyway now.
Embiid P
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,096

Post#362 » by Embiid P » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:22 pm

ankle420breaker wrote:
Embiid P wrote:As much as people want to blame Embiid, he has still never played a playoff series without both Ben Simmons or Tobias Harris. I'd love to see how he plays when both of them are no longer on the team. (Hint..hint...)
Shrinks in big playoff games. Joel had the best seat in the house this afternoon (his house by the way) to watch all 400 of the Knicks offensive rebounds. This isn't debatable anymore.

Sent from my SM-S901U using RealGM mobile app

He also played the entire second half due to our team going to the **** whenever he sits. He just doesn't have the stamina to play 44 minutes, unfortunately and it showed in the 4th.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,825

Post#363 » by phillynative » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:22 pm

[quote="stormi"]Small unathletic team that can't jump has their golden beacon on one leg. Recipe for disaster.

Truly a pathetic and gutless watch down the stretch. Brutally outrebounded and consequently out-executed.

Nurse made the call to run Embiid the entire second half and he looked like a corpse in that final quarter.

Low quality shot creation and an absurd amount of loose/flimsy touches on 50/50 balls that went against us.

Fairplay to the Knicks, they earned it. Brunson was special.[/quote]

And we only got smaller and more unathletic after the deadline. Morey is terrible.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,074

Post#364 » by Bum Adebayo » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:22 pm

Also it's fair to say this fanbase got it wrong with Reed, dude is a scrub, yet this fanbase thought he was god and putting him weird nicknames.
FlyingArrow
Starter
And1: 1,452

Post#365 » by FlyingArrow » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:22 pm

I felt good about this series until this game. Now I don't feel good about this series.

There's plenty of blame to go around. Embiid and Maxey first - they are our stars, and if they had been stars tonight we'd have won. The bench second - if they had been decent, we'd have won. Kudos for the many effort plays out there. There were a lot. But the effort on the defensive boards wasn't good enough at all.

The Knicks had Brunson limping, Hart going 0-7 and 4-8 from the line with 5 fouls. Hartenstein with 5 fouls and then pulled from the game. 25.9% 3pt shooting as a team for the Knicks, and 62% from the line. With all those disadvantages for the Knicks... and the Sixers said, "I can get under that."
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,940

Post#366 » by Mik317 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:22 pm

stormi wrote:
Mik317 wrote:i swear some of yall are more happy when we lose than when we win.

This post from the person who made a thread titled

"Negadelphian Nancy Thread of Getting the dark thoughts out into the world."

While we were coming off of an 8 game winning streak; and in said thread where you said we'd lose to the Heat in the play-in?

Get off the grandstand.

That thread was made in a tongue and cheek manner. I was putting it out in the open so they could prove me wrong and in a sense they did. Past teams would have died against Miami lol.

I also show up to every game thread and love to admit when I am wrong...which is often.

I love making fun of myself...did so in this very thread when I called out Payne.

so nah doesn't work here. If I was in here going "see I told you we'd lose, ahhhhhh woe is meeeeee" the then you'd have a point.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,065

Post#367 » by mjkvol » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:23 pm

76ciology wrote:Nick Nurse, on Joel Embiid playing the entire 2nd half: "He was feeling good and wanted to go. All these games are must win and we didn't have a good stretch when he was out in the first half."

Terrible. I'm a huge Nick fan but he lost this game with that decision as much as anything else.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,607

Post#368 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:23 pm

mjkvol wrote:
76ciology wrote:Huge miscalculation by Nurse to play Embiid 32 straight minutes

Agree 100%, and I thought it at the time. I'll take my chances trying to hold the fort for 3-4 minutes between the 3rd and 4th rather than have a shot Embiid for the last 8-9 minutes of the game, where we're resorting to running top of the key actions with Lowry and Maxey.

A few observations:

1. Not sitting Embiid was fatal. Period.

2. The Knicks badly outfought us down the stretch, those offensive rebounds absolutely crushed us. Pure effort, nothing more and nothing less - they just wanted the game more.

3. I'm fine with Brunson getting his, because he's going to get his. But once again we left the 3-pt. line open, and that surge of 3's they hit while we were missing was the turning point, completely changed the momentum of the game which we never recovered. 2's won't kill you but a string of 3's are often game changers, and they were today.

4. A lot had to do with Embiid being done, but the offense down the stretch was ridiculous, and that's on Nick. I actually checked to see if Glenn hadn't snuck in for a moment. And we missed a ton of wide open 3's in the 4th, including a few from Maxey that are usually cash money.

Having said all that, unless the Sixers check out this series is not over. The Knicks have played as well as they can, and every game still goes to the wire. Find a way to steal game 5, and who knows?

Spoken like a true basketball fan with insight, knowledge, and logic. I can't agree more. I'm not even mad about the loss. This has been a hard-fought series. Fair play to New York, they have a team full of dawgs. We chose what moves to make with out roster plain and simple and these are the results. Things are looking up if you ask me. We were playing with house money this season, it didn't work out, Embiid was shelved and he's still not 100%, but he has played the best I've ever seen him play in the postseason despite the knee injury. We've got a draft pick and a ton of money to spend this summer. The sky isn't falling. Obviously the local dip$hits are going to show up and spew their regurgitated nonsense, but thankfully I only consider about 2-3 posters on here complete idiots. The rest of us (myself included) are just over emotion, passionate fans that want this team to succeed. BTW, you're right. The series isn't over yet. Teams have come back from 3-1 deficits. This can happen, but it starts with beating New York Tuesday night.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager

Post#369 » by Bum Adebayo » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:25 pm

Embiid P wrote:
ankle420breaker wrote:
Embiid P wrote:As much as people want to blame Embiid, he has still never played a playoff series without both Ben Simmons or Tobias Harris. I'd love to see how he plays when both of them are no longer on the team. (Hint..hint...)
Shrinks in big playoff games. Joel had the best seat in the house this afternoon (his house by the way) to watch all 400 of the Knicks offensive rebounds. This isn't debatable anymore.

He also played the entire second half due to our team going to the **** whenever he sits. He just doesn't have the stamina, unfortunately and it showed today.

That's part of being a superstar too, taking your conditioning seriously, but dude is just happy with his Shirley Temples and other unhealthy stuff.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#370 » by mjkvol » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:28 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
stormi wrote:

While we were coming off of an 8 game winning streak; and in said thread where you said we'd lose to the Heat in the play-in?

Get off the grandstand.

Gotta say this is Philly sports in general. People are so jaded they expect things to go wrong. It's why the crowd was dominated by Knicks fans and were giving Brunson MVP chants. I get Mik wanted to write that post, but the Mods should have shut that **** down immediately IMO. Right before the playoffs and whole thread on why **** will go wrong. Come the **** on. Then you have idiots like Ferry and Bum on this ****, gdoing the whole told you so shctick the moment things go south. No wonder this place is a ghost town now.

I'll say this much - it's really embarrassing in a great sports town like Philly to have a critical playoff game in your building and the crowd is practically 50-50. Do that many people simply not believe or is it the idea of flipping tickets being that profitable? I can't ever remember a home playoff game with that many fans of the opposing team.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,984

Post#371 » by ankle420breaker » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:28 pm

Embiid P wrote:
ankle420breaker wrote:

He also played the entire second half due to our team going to the **** whenever he sits. He just doesn't have the stamina to play 44 minutes, unfortunately and it showed in the 4th.
Well, that's some beta ****. Him being too tired to contribute down the stretch of a close 'must-win' playoff game at home is no excuse.

Bum Adebayo
General Manager

Post#372 » by Bum Adebayo » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:29 pm

Not gonna blame Maxey, he's had very good games already and is still young, he will have time to keep improving and especially when either we can get a better leader alongside him or he himself becomes the leader.
Oubre was very solid again, what a steal for the minimum, like you said one has to look for positive things in bad games and moments and Oubre has for sure been our silver lining, congrats to him!
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#373 » by mjkvol » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:31 pm

FlyingArrow wrote:I felt good about this series until this game. Now I don't feel good about this series.

There's plenty of blame to go around. Embiid and Maxey first - they are our stars, and if they had been stars tonight we'd have won. The bench second - if they had been decent, we'd have won. Kudos for the many effort plays out there. There were a lot. But the effort on the defensive boards wasn't good enough at all.

The Knicks had Brunson limping, Hart going 0-7 and 4-8 from the line with 5 fouls. Hartenstein with 5 fouls and then pulled from the game. 25.9% 3pt shooting as a team for the Knicks, and 62% from the line. With all those disadvantages for the Knicks... and the Sixers said, "I can get under that."

And right at that point was where the game turned. The Knicks were dead in the water, and Sixers let them have a string of wide open 3's, which completely changed the game momentum wise and woke them up.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,940

Post#374 » by Mik317 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:31 pm

ankle420breaker wrote:
Embiid P wrote:
ankle420breaker wrote:Shrinks in big playoff games. Joel had the best seat in the house this afternoon (his house by the way) to watch all 400 of the Knicks offensive rebounds. This isn't debatable anymore.

Well, that's some beta ****. Him being too tired to contribute down the stretch of a close 'must-win' playoff game at home is no excuse.

I mean dude is playing on one leg and with half a face....and was the reason we were even in the game in the third.

The plan down the stretch seemed to be to have Maxey close out and for Biid to focus more on defense. Especially since the Knicks were selling out to stop Biid from even getting the ball.

again the beta or not an alpha stuff is stupid when there is actual reasoning behind stuff.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Bum Adebayo
General Manager

Post#375 » by Bum Adebayo » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:32 pm

Your superstar disappearing in 4th quarters constantly is not beta or alpha stuff, definitely omega stuff!
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,984

Post#376 » by ankle420breaker » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:35 pm

I said it after Embiid's ballerina series against Boston.... we need to turn the page before he really starts breaking down and his value takes a nosedive. Another wasted year later and I'm doubling down.

The regular season wins and numbers do nothing for me.... I need real winners to actually get excited about Sixers basketball again.

phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,825

Post#377 » by phillynative » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:36 pm

brannigan73 wrote:We need to take a minute and bash that fat slob M0rey. He didnt do crap at the trade dealine. Buddy Hield is a loser who had never played in a playoff game before and swapped Beverley for a worse player. He passed on trying to get in for OG or Siakam two guys that would have helped a lot. Instead he put all his eggs into the offseason basket. If he is wrong about the new CBA making teams itchy he is going to have a hard time remaking this roster into a championship contender. I honestly dont want anybody but Embiid and Maxey back and I dont know how you add ten players lol. I could probably tolerate Batum and Lowry on cheap one year contracts with Kyle being expected to never play more then about 15 minutes a game. Let the anticipation for the magical offseason by one of the most overrated front office people in all of sport begin!

If we are going to play the blame game lol . He is my main target. This clearly wasn't a roster put together to go deep in the playoffs.
We came into the season lacking in shotcreation and playmaking. Throughout the season we were mediocre at best on the boards. Are frontcourt minus Joel is too small and unathletic . Not only did Morey not address it but he doubled down by getting smaller and more unathletic.

I get that he wants to have cap space for this offseason but I have no faith in him putting a proper roster together .
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,607

Post#378 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:36 pm

I fail to see in any realm where some of you can call Embiid a beta. So sad.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager

Post#379 » by Bum Adebayo » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:36 pm

ankle420breaker wrote:I said it after Embiid's ballerina series against Boston.... we need to turn the page before he really starts breaking down and his value takes a nosedive. Another wasted year later and I'm doubling down.

The regular season wins and numbers do nothing for me.... I need real winners to actually get excited about Sixers basketball again.

The good news is that I think he can still score a lot in Regular Season, it's up to the team to do the right thing and showcase him before the trade deadline.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,499

Post#380 » by eyeatoma » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:37 pm

Mik317 wrote:
stormi wrote:

Get off the grandstand.

That thread was made in a tongue and cheek manner. I was putting it out in the open so they could prove me wrong and in a sense they did. Past teams would have died against Miami lol.

I also show up to every game thread and love to admit when I am wrong...which is often.

I love making fun of myself...did so in this very thread when I called out Payne.

so nah doesn't work here. If I was in here going "see I told you we'd lose, ahhhhhh woe is meeeeee" the then you'd have a point.

There was nothing tongue in cheek about that thread man. You just gave every troll on the board the opportunity to **** on the team. You do your self-depricating ****, thinking that gives you an excuse, but there is a time and place. Could have easily posted it right now after this game, but cmon you really can't defend this ****.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers