ImageImageImage

** Official 2024 Make or Break Offseason Thread **

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,609

Re: ** Official 2024 Make or Break Offseason Thread ** 

Post#21 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:18 pm

Negrodamus wrote:We're 100% going to get Miles Bridges, aren't we? Perfect fit to replace Tobias as he's a rebounder and outside shooter.

He's a scumbag, but I'm not opposed to it. He would provide a physical edge that we are sorely lacking.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,074

Post#22 » by Bum Adebayo » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:23 pm

Negrodamus wrote:We're 100% going to get Miles Bridges, aren't we? Perfect fit to replace Tobias as he's a rebounder and outside shooter.

I would love that honestly, we need his toughness for sure, wel lack physicality and he has it in spades.
Ferry Avenue
Starter
And1: 855

Post#23 » by Ferry Avenue » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:26 pm

ankle420breaker wrote:If Embiid is on this roster past the trade deadline it doesn't matter. He can't get through a finish line now and he's not going to spontaneously grow a sack at this point. Great regular season guy, but if the goal is to eventually win a championship we need to reset now and trade his ass for assets while he still has some legitimate value.

Can't stress this enough.... we'll regret it if we don't trade him now.

Sent from my SM-S901U using RealGM mobile app

Anybody who doesn’t agree with this doesn’t understand how championship teams function and the ingredients this team is missing at present.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 14,028

Post#24 » by Negrodamus » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:30 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:

I would love that honestly, we need his toughness for sure, wel lack physicality and he has it in spades.

We know.... I also know he has been pretty mediocre on defense his entire career, so the "toughness" and "physicality" are attributes assigned to him despite having no real merit to them. His rebounding and shooting are the only things alluring, imo. Certainly won't be worth his contract.
Lou_23
Bench Warmer
And1: 730

Post#25 » by Lou_23 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:32 pm

Try Durant
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,076

Post#26 » by mjkvol » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:36 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:

We know.... I also know he has been pretty mediocre on defense his entire career, so the "toughness" and "physicality" are attributes assigned to him despite having no real merit to them. His rebounding and shooting are the only things alluring, imo. Certainly won't be worth his contract.

Well, we know he's tough and physical off the court.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,530

Post#27 » by elchengue20 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:38 pm

Mik317 wrote:
elchengue20 wrote:Trade Embiid, been telling you for a couple of years now.

In a couple of years at most he's going to be a shell of his MVP form. He's not going to get healthier in his 30's, it's going to get worse.

I rather trade him now for a PG13 or Gobert like haul and speed up the rebuilding process around Maxey considerably.

I rather do that than watching Embiid drop 35 ppg for 40 games in the meaningless RS, get hurt for the Playoffs, choke in 4th quarters and get eliminated in the 2nd round in the best case scenario. And then start a painful rebuilding in some years.

Who has enough picks to give up said haul and why would they for a guy you think is going to fall off? Gobert trade was stupid and got clowned on, not happening again. People love to point to OKC but why would they give up on any of their core? It is very easy to go "oh we should just trade him for this" when the reality it may not be out there.

the only way you get a "haul" for Biid is if he asks out because otherwise everyone is going to think he must be even more damaged the moment we put him on the market.

OKC only got a haul for PG because he asked for it and LA was in no position to bargin due to Kawhii.

You are all in such a hurry to rebuild asap lol....

That's why i wanted to trade him earlier genius. If a trade of that calibeer isn't there anymore we are a really dumb team.

The Gobert trade gets clowned because it was done for a very limited ofensive player that was getting played off the floor in the Playoffs at Utah. Not a 35 ppg MVP. You can find a sucker to take Embiid. And also look a the Wolves now, i don't think anybody is clowning them anymore.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,319

Post#28 » by Arsenal » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:43 pm

I don’t see enough impact to MAX out Miles Bridges. If we get him for like $20-25m/yr then maybe.

I think MAXing Siakam is our best and most realistic play.
FireMorey
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,686

Post#29 » by FireMorey » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:46 pm

Arsenal wrote:I don’t see enough impact to MAX out Miles Bridges. If we get him for like $20-25m/yr then maybe.

That is correct.

I suspect he'll strike out though on most of his targets.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,985

Post#30 » by ankle420breaker » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:46 pm

Arsenal wrote:I don’t see enough impact to MAX out Miles Bridges. If we get him for like $20-25m/yr then maybe.

Don't hate Siakam.... just a sad state of affairs if that's our best option. Hinkie must be ill seeing what we did with the inheritance.

mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,076

Post#31 » by mjkvol » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:55 pm

Do you think the Pacers would have given up what they did and now see the value he brings, and would hesitate a second to max him? I'd love to see him here, but he'll be signed likely right after the season.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,511

Post#32 » by eyeatoma » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:56 pm

Do the following:

Go hard for Markannen/Bridges/Murray/Mikal Bridges

If that doesn't work out load the roster with high level role players and fix the depth and rebounding.

If that fails go for Siakam or try and get a trade for disgruntled player or a star from a team that will tear it down. Booker is the main target here. Durant is too old, and so is George.
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#33 » by Arsenal » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:58 pm

mjkvol wrote:

Do you think the Pacers would have given up what they did and now see the value he brings, and would hesitate a second to max him? I'd love to see him here, but he'll be signed likely right after the season.

Well he’s not signed yet and he’s a UFA so it’s his choice where to go. He could decide a Big 3 with Jo and Maxey gives a better shot to win titles, which likely isn’t happening in Indiana. The money difference isn’t much since we can also give him the MAX via cap space.
76Shots
Sophomore
And1: 317

Post#34 » by 76Shots » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:59 pm

I have been in the trade Embiid camp for a couple of years now and that sentiment is only going to intensify moving forward.

Fact of the matter is Embiid is not getting any younger or any healthier. At this stage in his career we have more than a large enough sample size of who Embiid is and what to expect from him as a player. Every year people pretend like this team has some sort of a shot at competing or making a run because of him when the reality is and has been, that this team is a treadmill team akin to the 2000 era Joe Johnson, Al Horford, Josh Smith Hawks. What's also a fact is the Sixers are a lottery team without Embiid and a second round exit team at best with him.

With regards to trade partners, my focus would be on Houston for a rebuild and Phoenix for a remodel. Houston is a team that has a slew of young players and picks that would help expedite a rebuild for the Sixers, while also having vets in VanVleet and Brooks locked in that would allow them to be competitive with Embiid in the west. As far as Phoenix, I floated the idea on the trade board last offseason of Embiid for Booker and Ayton (at the time) and not to pat myself on the back but my reasoning for suggesting the trade then has played out for both teams now. The redundancy for Phoenix would be gone and the roster would be more balanced with Embiid, in addition, Embiid wouldn't have to be the focal point of the offense. The Sixers on the other hand would be able to build a more modern perimeter oriented offense around Maxey and a younger and healthier Booker. I obviously don't know if Book is available but now seems like the perfect time for Morey to kick tires on such a deal with Phoenix on the verge of being swept with no real pivots to make this offseason.

In any case, no matter how it plays out, I've seen enough. Its time.
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#35 » by Arsenal » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:03 pm

You might as well fold the franchise if you trade Jo for Booker. Need to aim way higher than that if they trade Jo.
76Shots
Sophomore
And1: 317

Post#36 » by 76Shots » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:26 pm

Arsenal wrote:You might as well fold the franchise if you trade Jo for Booker. Need to aim way higher than that if they trade Jo.

It would be Booker+ but not by that much. Book is arguably the best SG in the league IMO and 3 or 4 years younger and way healthier.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,943

Post#37 » by Mik317 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:31 pm

why the **** would the suns trade Booker for Biid?

they owe picks for the rest of time ffs..building around Beal/Durant and Biid will give them 3 old and oft injured players

wtf is wrong with yall lol.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Bum Adebayo
General Manager

Post#38 » by Bum Adebayo » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:33 pm

Ferry Avenue wrote:
ankle420breaker wrote:If Embiid is on this roster past the trade deadline it doesn't matter. He can't get through a finish line now and he's not going to spontaneously grow a sack at this point. Great regular season guy, but if the goal is to eventually win a championship we need to reset now and trade his ass for assets while he still has some legitimate value.

Can't stress this enough.... we'll regret it if we don't trade him now.

Anybody who doesn’t agree with this doesn’t understand how championship teams function and the ingredients this team is missing at present.

It's important to understand that not only players need to display the right emotions and leadership FO needs to do that too, Morey needs to lead by example.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager

Post#39 » by Bum Adebayo » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:36 pm

We won't get another superstar for Embiid, we need picks to rebuild for the future. Basically we need pain in the short term to savour the victory in the long term. Not trading Embiid for picks just means increasing our mediocrity window.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,658

Post#40 » by NYG » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:36 pm

As a Knicks fan, I'm not here to troll. I'm genuinely curious what the off-season holds for the 76ers.

Let me start with 2 things first...

1. Maxey is awesome, you have a legit stud in Maxey
2. It sucks because two things are true. A) Embiid is the best basketball player in the world and B) He will never be healthy

Okay, now that I got that out of the way... I unfortunately see Daryl Morey trading all of your picks and cap space for Kevin Durant this off-season.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers