ImageImageImage

Why are the trolls still on our board?

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,522

Why are the trolls still on our board? 

Post#1 » by eyeatoma » Wed May 1, 2024 7:45 am

We've been told to report them but some have been here for years and are given unbelievable leeway. Bum has used a burner and was called out. He returns is pro Embiid for a day then flips back to his trollish takes.

The moment we lose in the playoffs the place will be saturated with their idiocy.

Can we be done with them once and for all?

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk
Jhawk03
Pro Prospect
And1: 351

Re: Why are the trolls still on our board? 

Post#2 » by Jhawk03 » Wed May 1, 2024 8:31 am

Let them LIVE, trust me on this.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,785

Post#3 » by 76ciology » Wed May 1, 2024 8:38 am

I dont mind the trolls. And i actually find Bum to be funny. Specially when its talking about his man crush on Oubre. Just dont take everything seriously
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,960

Post#4 » by Mik317 » Wed May 1, 2024 12:51 pm

Its moreso how some seem to feast on losses imo.

We aren't going to agree on everything of course but man it really sucks to be already crushed by the losses to see what should be fellow fans post "I told you so" with such glee asap. That what takes it from just posting to seemingly attempting to make people mad...even if its not intended.

but to each their own..."technically" its not a bannable offense so it is what it is. Just stop quoting them so those with them on ignore won't see the posts I guess
#NeverGonnaBeGood
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,091

Post#5 » by mjkvol » Wed May 1, 2024 1:10 pm

They aren't doing anything that is ban-worthy, so it's pointless to wish them off the forum. Put them on 'ignore' and just don't respond to them, and it will be as if they aren't there. If you can't resist responding, you're never going to shut them up because they live for that. But don't respond and then complain they are here.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Ferry Avenue
Starter
And1: 856

Post#6 » by Ferry Avenue » Wed May 1, 2024 2:15 pm

Tony Franciosa
Sixth Man
And1: 980

Post#7 » by Tony Franciosa » Wed May 1, 2024 2:21 pm

the Killfile is a great option. I don't see their posts anymore, except when people respond to them, which is too often :D
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,735

Post#8 » by 76thBearCub » Wed May 1, 2024 7:06 pm

There was another of I've been meaning to put on ignore. Thanks for the reminder. It'd be be one thing if they ever had anything interesting at all to say, but nope.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#9 » by eyeatoma » Wed May 1, 2024 9:07 pm

ALright, then lets all agree not to respond lol.

Also, I'd argue that using a burner once you've already been banned is a banable offense.
Jailblazers7
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,538

Post#10 » by Jailblazers7 » Wed May 1, 2024 9:11 pm

Trolls are just a part of internet message boards. Always have & always will be.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,612

Post#11 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Wed May 1, 2024 9:14 pm

I'll agree not to respond. With that said, there are two surefire trolls on this forum. There are 2-3 more that could arguably be named as well. The two that I consider the worst of the worst are on my ignore list. I'm not going to name names, it's really just a bum avenue to even go down.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,944

Post#12 » by Foshan » Wed May 1, 2024 10:40 pm

Thank you for your collective thoughts on this topic. To be honest we are very slow to ban people from trolling, as compared to other forum violations.

The internet (and this board) is filled with people who disagree. Distinguishing people who just disagree (strongly) on a topic, who may have an annoying communication style, and people who are just getting their kicks out of provoking people is not always easy or something we rush to do.

Reporting posts is your best first step, if someone in particular is particularly annoying, this builds a history of evidence that we can use if banning is to be considered. There is also an ignore feature to trying, and see how that affects your experience.

Thanks again all for your feedback.
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,531

Post#13 » by elchengue20 » Wed May 1, 2024 11:09 pm

Saying Embiid can't be a 1st ,has loser vibes and is always hurt it's trolling?

Because it's just the evidence we have 10 years into his pro carreer.

Just to know if i'm supposed to be a troll or not.

If that's the case, you people need to grow up, this is a board and we express our opinions. You don't have to agree.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#14 » by eyeatoma » Wed May 1, 2024 11:19 pm

elchengue20 wrote:Saying Embiid can't be a 1st ,has loser vibes and is always hurt it's trolling?

If that's the case, you people need to grow up, this is a board and we express our opinions. You don't have to agree.

When was the last time he was healthy in the playoffs?

Didn't he just have 50 points a couple of games ago. Was that loser vibes? Didn't see you around for that game, praising him very much.

Trolling is when people disappear for the majority of the season and just show up to toot their own horn when things go south, with that smart ass, told you so narrative.
Ferry Avenue
Starter

Post#15 » by Ferry Avenue » Wed May 1, 2024 11:28 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
elchengue20 wrote:Saying Embiid can't be a 1st ,has loser vibes and is always hurt it's trolling?

Didn't he just have 50 points a couple of games ago. Was that loser vibes? Didn't see you around for that game, praising him very much.

Trolling is when people disappear for the majority of the season and just show up to toot their own horn when things go south, with that smart ass, told you so narrative.

You'll have all kinds on message boards. Other people (not me) might be annoyed by the sunshine pumpers who view the team only through rose-colored glasses and can't find any fault with it or the players on it, even when the objective evidence suggests it's readily available. Those people might combat others who have more negative viewpoints about the team, and they might also say "I told ya so" in a smart ass manner when the team does well or certain players on it do well. Are those people who essentially post as though "the team can do no wrong" trolls as well?
Ferry Avenue
Starter

Post#16 » by Ferry Avenue » Wed May 1, 2024 11:31 pm

Foshan wrote:Thank you for your collective thoughts on this topic. To be honest we are very slow to ban people from trolling, as compared to other forum violations.

The internet (and this board) is filled with people who disagree. Distinguishing people who just disagree (strongly) on a topic, who may have an annoying communication style, and people who are just getting their kicks out of provoking people is not always easy or something we rush to do.

Reporting posts is your best first step, if someone in particular is particularly annoying, this builds a history of evidence that we can use if banning is to be considered. There is also an ignore feature to trying, and see how that affects your experience.

Thanks again all for your feedback.

Now that's what you call top-notch moderation, which is uncommon on sports message boards in my experience. Thank you.
Ferry Avenue
Starter

Post#17 » by Ferry Avenue » Wed May 1, 2024 11:41 pm

You have to make quite the narcissistic leap to believe that someone's posts about Embiid's limitations aren't about how he believes those limitations hamper the team he roots so strongly for and which constitute the primary obstacle between the team and winning the championship we all so desperately want, and are instead intended to get emotional reactions out of YOU, a nobody on a message board.

I'm not here posting with the intent of doing something emotional to "eyeatoma" -- or substitute whatever other username here you want. I'm here posting about the Philadelphia 76ers and what's in the way of them winning a title, until they do so. Right now the primary obstacle to that is Joel Embiid's leadership or the lack thereof in the postseason in my opinion, which is a problem again this year, so it makes little sense to focus on anything else. Until Embiid turns a corner with regard to his postseason leadership, or the team has another player who can fill that capacity, the posts on a Philadelphia 76ers message board at this time of year should be largely about that in my opinion.
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,531

Post#18 » by elchengue20 » Thu May 2, 2024 1:45 am

eyeatoma wrote:

I was around. I sayed great game and hope this is a sign he's made the leap to finally dominate in the Playoffs.

Then he followed that game with two 4th quarters meltdowns with 0 points and multiple turnovers. If it wasn't for Maxey heroics last night we already be in Cancun.

I don't even dislike Embiid, always liked him as a player and person. But he just can't be himself in high pressure situations and can't stay healthy.

And i'm a Sixers fan, not an Embiid fan. I will always say what i think it's best for us to win a championship. You can agree or not.
Embiid P
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,097

Post#19 » by Embiid P » Thu May 2, 2024 3:17 am

Maybe Embiid is ultimately not the guy to lead us to a title. Maybe he was never meant to be and that's perfectly fine IMO. Best players aren't always team leaders and vice versa. Case in point: Golden State. While it's obvious that their best players during their title runs were Steph, Klay, and Durant, there's very little doubt that their emotional leader was Draymond Green.

Does Embiid deserve his share of the blame for the Sixers failing to get out of the second round in the playoffs each year? Damn right he does and it would be really tough for even the most loyal Embiid fans to argue otherwise. But is he the ONLY reason for our playoff woes? Hardly. Much of it also goes into coaching (not as much this season as in previous seasons IMO) and roster construction (definitely part of the problem this season and in previous seasons). To constantly and obsessively fixate on him without taking other factors into consideration is to miss the forest for the trees. Personally I think the other issues are more easily fixable than trading Embiid is. Let's see what happens when we have a boat load of cap space to build a proper team around him and Maxey before we decide to move him.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,960

Post#20 » by Mik317 » Thu May 2, 2024 3:33 am

"I don't think Biid is good enough to lead us to a chip yall" is more than fine...especially if you back it up with good points.

we aren't always going to agree on everything and that leads to good conversation.

Its the holier than thou, I know everything and I am never wrong stuff that grinds my gears a bit lol. **** I am at fault for it too ha.

The above statement goes from that to "See I told you clowns that fat **** Biid would never win anything but nooooo you unwashed peons are too stupid to see it" real quick lol. Add in the fact that it comes when most of the board is distraught over the latest loss and its just a bad time lol.
#NeverGonnaBeGood

Return to Philadelphia 76ers