ImageImageImage

Why are the trolls still on our board?

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

76Shots
Sophomore
And1: 320

Re: Why are the trolls still on our board? 

Post#21 » by 76Shots » Thu May 2, 2024 4:43 am

eyeatoma wrote:
elchengue20 wrote:Saying Embiid can't be a 1st ,has loser vibes and is always hurt it's trolling?

Because it's just the evidence we have 10 years into his pro carreer.

Just to know if i'm supposed to be a troll or not.

If that's the case, you people need to grow up, this is a board and we express our opinions. You don't have to agree.

When was the last time he was healthy in the playoffs?

Didn't he just have 50 points a couple of games ago. Was that loser vibes? Didn't see you around for that game, praising him very much.

Trolling is when people disappear for the majority of the season and just show up to toot their own horn when things go south, with that smart ass, told you so narrative.

So essentially there is a time table of when a post can be made that isnt flattering or could be perceived as negative, lest it be considered trolling?

The circular argument that has formed into the built in excuse of "When was the last time he was healthy in the playoffs?", considering Embiid is seemingly never healthy in the playoffs could be considered trolling at this point in my opinion.

And forgive me and others for not fawning over the Sixers "generational center" and reigning MVP for dropping 50 on a team in the first round against the collective of Isaiah, OG and MRob; talent in which Embiid publicly boasted about being inferior to the Sixers after going down 0-2. Though a pleasure to watch, dare I say, such a performance should be expected from a caliber of player such as Embiid.

What shouldn't be expected from a caliber of player such as Embiid but unfortunately is at this point of his career, was his performance in game 5, when it was win or go home. At certain points and times, his body language, lackadaisical passes as well as effort very much looked like he had given up. Fortunately, Maxey is a different type of player mentally and had no such quit.

Trolling to you is when people disappear for the majority of the season and just show up to toot their own horn when things go south, with that smart ass, told you so narrative.

Apologists who think they can dictate another persons fandom by applying arbitrary stipulations, time tables and qualifiers to post comments are just as equally if not more detrimental as the "trolls", in my opinion.
Jhawk03
Pro Prospect
And1: 351

Post#22 » by Jhawk03 » Thu May 2, 2024 9:31 am

Jhawk03 wrote:Let them LIVE, trust me on this.

I said this in good faith, but then I realized I have almost everyone on ignore... I don't post often enough for that to matter, but most of the time when I do post I feel like I'm talking to myself, and I've been here for over 20 years

One thing I will say is this, the true "trolls" almost exclusively post on the GB. Anyone here that posts with ANY amount of consistency I give the benefit of the doubt. And I'm only kidding about ignoring posters because I'm not currently ignoring anyone (including the usual suspects on here who are extremely "dedicated" :wink:) like I said I talk to myself anyway so it's all good idgaf :lol:
Ferry Avenue
Starter
And1: 856

Post#23 » by Ferry Avenue » Thu May 2, 2024 12:19 pm

76Shots wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
elchengue20 wrote:Saying Embiid can't be a 1st ,has loser vibes and is always hurt it's trolling?

If that's the case, you people need to grow up, this is a board and we express our opinions. You don't have to agree.

Didn't he just have 50 points a couple of games ago. Was that loser vibes? Didn't see you around for that game, praising him very much.

Trolling is when people disappear for the majority of the season and just show up to toot their own horn when things go south, with that smart ass, told you so narrative.

So essentially there is a time table of when a post can be made that isnt flattering or could be perceived as negative, lest it be considered trolling?

The circular argument that has formed into the built in excuse of "When was the last time he was healthy in the playoffs?", considering Embiid is seemingly never healthy in the playoffs could be considered trolling at this point in my opinion.

And forgive me and others for not fawning over the Sixers "generational center" and reigning MVP for dropping 50 on a team in the first round against the collective of Isaiah, OG and MRob; talent in which Embiid publicly boasted about being inferior to the Sixers after going down 0-2. Though a pleasure to watch, dare I say, such a performance should be expected from a caliber of player such as Embiid.

What shouldn't be expected from a caliber of player such as Embiid but unfortunately is at this point of his career, was his performance in game 5, when it was win or go home. At certain points and times, his body language, lackadaisical passes as well as effort very much looked like he had given up. Fortunately, Maxey is a different type of player mentally and had no such quit.

Trolling to you is when people disappear for the majority of the season and just show up to toot their own horn when things go south, with that smart ass, told you so narrative.

Apologists who think they can dictate another persons fandom by applying arbitrary stipulations, time tables and qualifiers to post comments are just as equally if not more detrimental as the "trolls", in my opinion.

Let me know when someone can reliably distinguish between someone's "tooting his own horn" and simply venting about a recurrent problem with the team that he believes is the primary obstacle to its becoming championship caliber. One would have to be a mind reader of someone he's never met, through whatever technological device he's using, to make that determination accurately. Good luck with that. Until someone has that ability, nobody's posting should be called "trolling" because it's simply impossible to gauge anyone else's intent in posting with any reliability.

Again, the people labeling others "trolls" are exhibiting quite the narcissism. They've imputed to themselves a superhuman ability none of the rest of us has. In the end they're basing their determination of "trolling" exclusively on how they feel in response to reading posts and assuming the poster's intent is to arouse such feelings, and that again is also narcissistic.

Have some humility and realize you simply can't know whether someone is trolling, and let the moderators deal with problematic issues. That should be the status quo on any message board. Even this thread is ridiculous because it represents someone's attempt to hijack the subject matter in another direction based exclusively on what HE feels is going on. Who are you?
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,332

Post#24 » by Murray_17 » Thu May 2, 2024 12:54 pm

76Shots wrote:Trolling to you is when people disappear for the majority of the season and just show up to toot their own horn when things go south, with that smart ass, told you so narrative.

I don't think people have problems with people pointing embiid failures...

I been here for less of a time than a lot of peole bt this forum has had a big chunk of trolls and people who only post the same stuff over and over. From the Australians that only came to praise Ben Simmons to the anti Ben Simmons alt accounts.

This thread has been about 2 guys in specific and the rest of you seem to take issue with that because saying those 2 guys are trolls means, somehow, people only want to praise Embiid and it's criticizing some of you as well.

Bum is a troll and doesn't add anything to the experience here, i have had him in ignore for like 2 years now and i don't understand why people still engage with him. The guy almost has a mental breakdown over Embiid's MVP and acts like the Ben Simmons girl that was banned on the GB, now he was caught using a burner and spent almost the entire year doing a skit about Oubre and hating Maxey (who he now also loves because it helps on his new anti embiid crusade).

The other guy who almost all mentioned here is just annoying and i understand why people think he's a troll, it's annoying to write the same idea in a different form every post he makes. There is little to no substance to everything he says but it's his right and i don't think he's a troll. Just a guy who likes the team but has to default to a talk-about mentality because he doesn't know how to talk about the actual game.

He likes to act like he's above everyone and saying he doesn't care what evertone thinks of him and yet he's the guy with most posts in this thread that answer to everything said about him tho, which shows his hypocrisy.

My two cents
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,091

Post#25 » by mjkvol » Thu May 2, 2024 12:58 pm

76Shots wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

I think you and others here are missing the point of what in this case the 'trolling' is about. It isn't just criticism of Embiid or Morey or anyone else in the organization - we have all done that, and it is part of the continuing conversation about the team from season to season.

To me, it's also not just about the timing, although the flood of these posts do appear only when it's most convenient for the troller to have a "see, told you so" edge to the posts.

It's the relentless homogeneity of these posts, with little to no variation, just hammering away at the same tired theme over and over and over again, regardless if it even fits the narrative (as Murray proved when exposing one earlier in this thread).

It might not even be the exact definition of 'trolling', and you're correct that on a public forum who is to dictate what opinions can and can't be expressed. If it was only a couple of people bothered by them, that's one thing, but when it disrupts the discourse to the point that people are bailing because of the relentlessness of a couple of nitwits, how does that help make the forum, a place where we gather and exchange opinions and information, a better place? It's more of a nuisance than anything, but unfortunately the only way to avoid them is to simply ignore them.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Ferry Avenue
Starter

Post#26 » by Ferry Avenue » Thu May 2, 2024 1:04 pm

Murray_17 wrote:
76Shots wrote:Trolling to you is when people disappear for the majority of the season and just show up to toot their own horn when things go south, with that smart ass, told you so narrative.

I don't think people have problems with people pointing embiid failures...

I been here for less of a time than a lot of peole bt this forum has had a big chunk of trolls and people who only post the same stuff over and over. From the Australians that only came to praise Ben Simmons to the anti Ben Simmons alt accounts.

This thread has been about 2 guys in specific and the rest of you seem to take issue with that because saying those 2 guys are trolls means, somehow, people only want to praise Embiid and it's criticizing some of you as well.

Bum is a troll and doesn't add anything to the experience here, i have had him in ignore for like 2 years now and i don't understand why people still engage with him. The guy almost has a mental breakdown over Embiid's MVP and acts like the Ben Simmons girl that was banned on the GB, now he was caught using a burner and spent almost the entire year doing a skit about Oubre and hating Maxey (who he now also loves because it helps on his new anti embiid crusade).

The other guy who almost all mentioned here is just annoying and i understand why people think he's a troll, it's annoying to write the same idea in a different form every post he makes. There is little to no substance to everything he says but it's his right and i don't think he's a troll. Just a guy who likes the team but has to default to a talk-about mentality because he doesn't know how to talk about the actual game.

He likes to act like he's above everyone and saying he doesn't care what evertone thinks of him and yet he's the guy with most posts in this thread that answer to everything said about him tho, which shows his hypocrisy.

My two cents

Oh I care about being labeled something I’m not by people who don’t know me at all. What I don’t care about however is your emotional response to my posts — that’s absolutely nowhere on my radar when I make them.
Ferry Avenue
Starter

Post#27 » by Ferry Avenue » Thu May 2, 2024 1:11 pm

mjkvol wrote:
76Shots wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

I think you and others here are missing the point of what in this case the 'trolling' is about. It isn't just criticism of Embiid or Morey or anyone else in the organization - we have all done that, and it is part of the continuing conversation about the team from season to season.

To me, it's also not just about the timing, although the flood of these posts do appear only when it's most convenient for the troller to have a "see, told you so" edge to the posts.

It's the relentless homogeneity of these posts, with little to no variation, just hammering away at the same tired theme over and over and over again, regardless if it even fits the narrative (as Murray proved when exposing one earlier in this thread).

It might not even be the exact definition of 'trolling', and you're correct that on a public forum who is to dictate what opinions can and can't be expressed. If it was only a couple of people bothered by them, that's one thing, but when it disrupts the discourse to the point that people are bailing because of the relentlessness of a couple of nitwits, how does that help make the forum, a place where we gather and exchange opinions and information, a better place? It's more of a nuisance than anything, but unfortunately the only way to avoid them is to simply ignore them.

“Homogeneity in posting” — the message board evil we all must abhor.

Get a grip man. Obviously you just want to control the place because you’re grasping at straws here. Have a seat and relax. You’re just one guy here, not even a moderator.
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,332

Post#28 » by Murray_17 » Thu May 2, 2024 1:18 pm

Ferry Avenue wrote:Oh I care about being labeled something I’m not by people who don’t know me at all. What I don’t care about however is your emotional response to my posts — that’s absolutely nowhere on my radar when I make them.

Why would you care about what people here label you? If you think i'm an idiot it's your prerogative.

What if my "emotional response to your post" is labeling you?

This is not the clever intelligent distinction you think it's
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,091

Post#29 » by mjkvol » Thu May 2, 2024 1:26 pm

Ferry Avenue wrote:
mjkvol wrote:
76Shots wrote:

“Homogeneity in posting” — the message board evil we all must abhor.

Get a grip man. Obviously you just want to control the place because you’re grasping at straws here. Have a seat and relax. You’re just one guy here, not even a moderator.

If ever an old saying applied here, it would be this one - thou doth protest too much, methinks.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Ferry Avenue
Starter

Post#30 » by Ferry Avenue » Thu May 2, 2024 1:56 pm

Not responding to anybody else here because I've said my piece. Let's get back to the Sixers. Anybody who would rather talk about "trolling" or inconsequential message board dynamics can hang out here and do that.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,075

Post#31 » by Sixerscan » Thu May 2, 2024 2:19 pm

Ferry Avenue wrote:Not responding to anybody else here because I've said my piece. Let's get back to the Sixers. Anybody who would rather talk about "trolling" or inconsequential message board dynamics can hang out here and do that.

Do you act like this in real life lol

Seen so many people over the years have negative interactions on here and blame it on their “opinions” and not that they’re acting completely insufferable

Btw no one reported you recently as far as I know so I have no idea why you are being so sensitive. Maybe it’s because you know you regularly act like a jerk on here and feel guilty about it. Every “username” and “nobody” you interact with on here is another human being.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers