ImageImageImage

Isn't It About Time For Some Herb Hill

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

SendEm
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#21 » by SendEm » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:11 pm

A torn meniscus is an injury that players usually get that have alot of wear and tear on there bodies. Hill is 6'10 and 23 years old, not a good sign for his career to have that sort of injury so early with no rigorous 82 game NBA season under his belt. But for the facts on Hill's game he is a deep bench player because his lack of rebounding dictates that. He has an abnormally good touch around the basket for someone who doesn't rebound the basketball so people will always be interested in his game once he hits the floor. Hopefully he can be the next Chris Gatling type player. But according to his college career stats and what I seen from him over the summer he has no nose for rebounds. Right now Herb looks like the low post scoring version of Evans rebounding. Just one dimensional. Hopefully it doesn't remain that way.
freshie2
RealGM
And1: 599

Post#22 » by freshie2 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:14 pm

Let him heal...they don't have a lot of money wrapped up in him, give him a few more weeks, and hopefully he's ready to go...maybe he contributes, maybe he doesn't, but I think he'll get some PT once he's healthy.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,073

Post#23 » by Sixerscan » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:24 pm

STChaser wrote:And as I said before TGP, if Smith is logging minutes at PF and Hill looked better than Smith in preseason, then why on earth would you make the statement that you "wouldn't be shocked if he dresses for less than 10 games this season"? That's antilogic.

Hill barely even played in preseason, while Smith had a strong showing, don't know where you're getting that. Maybe in Summer league, but then again Lou Amundson was better than all of them in Summer League. It's a completely different game that's next to meaningless.

Hill will play eventually, sooner if they can dump Evans.
The Guilty Party
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#24 » by The Guilty Party » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:35 pm

Ahhh.... there you go STChaser. If, and hopefully WHEN, the Sixers trade Evans... your boy should get some run. Again, I'm not sure why you're expecting something from this guy other than just another body on the floor.
Sandalf42
Pro Prospect
And1: 12

Post#25 » by Sandalf42 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:21 am

It'd be nice to get him playing time, but honestly, I don't see him being a factor in the long run (hopefully I'm wrong ) :pray:
The Sixer Fixer
Lead Assistant
And1: 60

Post#26 » by The Sixer Fixer » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:55 am

I'm just thinking back to the draft thread from last year...

Who was it that said Hill was going to be a 20-10 all-star level player in the league? If I'm not mistaken, he was compared to Boozer. I mean, I admit I was hoping the Sixers took a shot on Hill (I though he was very underrated coming out of college), but I would never envision him being that good. I could see a Joe Smith type player eventually (the current version).

Anyhow, anyone remember who that poster was...was it Dedicated? I might have to look that one up, lol
Dedicated_76ers_fan
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#27 » by Dedicated_76ers_fan » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:22 pm

I never compared Hill to Boozer. Put down the pipe.

I compared Thaddeus Young to Glenn Robinson. That's as high as I went with these 4 rooks.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers