ImageImageImage

Sixers @ Lakers 1/4/08

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

chrice
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#81 » by chrice » Sat Jan 5, 2008 11:01 am

kingofthecourt67 wrote:This team is too darn inconsistent. If we play like this more often than maybe we can start thinking about Beasley or Rose.

In all seriousness, this team shouldn't really be in playoff contention and I would value a higher draft pick more than the 8th seed and a sweep by the Celtics of Pistons.

Dude, we've been thinking about Rose/Mayo/Beasley before the 2006 season even started.

And, yes, we have had the same sentiment about being swept by the Pistons for over 3 years too.
freshie2
RealGM
And1: 599

Post#82 » by freshie2 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 1:14 pm

SendEm wrote:Iggy pulled yet another disappearing act. Iggy didn't show up to play and he didn't even have to guard Kobe. You can't count on Iggy to be there for you every game just like I always believed. Iggy pulled the covers over people's eyes the last few games and had them drinking the kool-aid and eating the tasty cakes.

The game was over in the second quarter, and Iguodala kept them in the game in the first quarter. Kobe didn't kill the Sixers, it was the point guard play and Bynum where the matchups went south early. From there, Cheeks did the right thing in getting the younger players some PT. I didn't think this was a good matchup for the Sixers, and it played out that way.
If you put this blowout on Iguodala, you must not have watched this game, or the last game against the Lakers.
dbodner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 536

Post#83 » by dbodner » Sat Jan 5, 2008 2:15 pm

We lost last night because our bigs got dominated and none of our starting 5 outside of Iguodala had a pulse. Iggy disappeared? Did you watch Sam, Evans and Miller play? Iguodala was the only one with a pulse.
twitter.com/DerekBodnerNBA :: Senior writer, The Athletic Philadelphia
PhilasFinest
RealGM
And1: 3,581

Post#84 » by PhilasFinest » Sat Jan 5, 2008 2:21 pm

How did Thad and LWill look???
from the boxscores it looks like they both had good games.
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
UptownPhilly
Analyst
And1: 184

Post#85 » by UptownPhilly » Sat Jan 5, 2008 2:58 pm

dbodner wrote:We lost last night because our bigs got dominated and none of our starting 5 outside of Iguodala had a pulse. Iggy disappeared? Did you watch Sam, Evans and Miller play? Iguodala was the only one with a pulse.

I fell asleep at halftime, once I noticed we were down by 30.

That can't be a good sign if we're looking at making the playoffs this year.
From looking at the boxscore, it seems as if none of the vets were really concerned about this game.

Kobe, Iguodala, Miller, etc. didn't do too much and played less than 30 minutes.

However Bynum, Crittenton, Williams, and Young appeared to be the top performers.
freshie2
RealGM
And1: 599

Post#86 » by freshie2 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 4:03 pm

Young, Williams and Smith all looked pretty good through the 3rd quarter, which is when I fell asleep...my assumption is they got a ton of time in the 4th, which is probably when their stats got bumped up.
SendEm
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#87 » by SendEm » Sat Jan 5, 2008 4:12 pm

Willie Green started off the game hot. Iggy never did anything but play his quiet church mouse routine. Sammy got abused by Bynum. I went to sleep during the 3rd.
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 734

Post#88 » by tk76 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:11 pm

The points by LW and Young were in total garbage time. Not just gainst the bench players, but no one was playing defense at all for the Lakers at that point.

It was like how teams play the last minute of a game after its decided, just extended for 16 minutes.
kingofthecourt67
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,549

Post#89 » by kingofthecourt67 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 8:46 pm

chrice wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Dude, we've been thinking about Rose/Mayo/Beasley before the 2006 season even started.

And, yes, we have had the same sentiment about being swept by the Pistons for over 3 years too.

I know you guys have wanted them for a while but what I meant to say is that maybe we'll be in the draft position to be able to have a chance at them. Because at this current pace we're looking at a pick around 10 which won't get us either of those 3.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers