ImageImageImage

Dalembert value..

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

sonichound16
Sophomore
And1: 4

Dalembert value.. 

Post#1 » by sonichound16 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 12:29 am

Hello, kicking around the idea of the Supes putting together a package for Dalembert and am wondering how much he is valued. I read somewhere that his contract would be hard to get rid of but it seems like he is playing pretty well. Is he a good on the ball defender or does he mainly get weakside blocks? Would the Sixers be looking to salary dump or get back players to help them this year?
IggyTheBEaST
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#2 » by IggyTheBEaST » Mon Jan 7, 2008 12:29 am

Sixers arnt trading Dalembert
===========

ITBs Dream Team:

Iverson/Iggy/Lebron/Amare/Dwight

I <3 Thaddeous
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 734

Post#3 » by tk76 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 1:15 am

Sorry, not that Sam is soi great, but we can't trade him. It would be like a baseball team with only one quality starter trading him away. We have no PF's and one slightly above average center. We can't trade our only frontcourt player with a pulse away- especially since he is still relatively young.

If we ahd other frontcourt players that were even servicable it would be a different story. Some of our other young bigs could be O.K. in a few years- but you could say the same thing about your rister.
steveb21
Pro Prospect
And1: 123

Post#4 » by steveb21 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 4:34 pm

FWIW I just read a blurb on hoopsworld that says Delambert is on the trading block. He says that while they're not having a fire sale they will listen to offers for Sam and if one is good enough then they would consider it. The asking price is supposed to include an upprotected 1st round pick.

On another note, am I in the minority here in thinking that Hibbert would look real good in a Sixers uni next year?
9th Wonder
Assistant Coach
And1: 190

Post#5 » by 9th Wonder » Mon Jan 7, 2008 4:51 pm

steveb21 wrote:FWIW I just read a blurb on hoopsworld that says Delambert is on the trading block. He says that while they're not having a fire sale they will listen to offers for Sam and if one is good enough then they would consider it. The asking price is supposed to include an upprotected 1st round pick.

That's not really saying much. If the right package is offered for anyone on the 76ers, Stefanski will consider it.
joey-A
Banned User

Post#6 » by joey-A » Mon Jan 7, 2008 5:44 pm

Hibbert screwed up IMHO last year. He should have came out. His stock was at around the 5th to 6th pick in the draft. This year however Hibbert has struggled. He still seems to be a very average rebounder, and not fluid in his quickness. He doesn't react very quickley on Defense like he should.
Depending on who else comes out, I can see Hibbert easily falling to the 10th, or even 12th pick in this draft. Only way he climbs is if he really comes on the rest of the season. Dalembert's lack of any real leg strength makes it hard for him to hold his position in the paint. Which is why the 300 + Lb Bynum has completely destroyed him both times this year. However that is not to suggest that Dalembert is not a great defender overall. And on a running squad, like say the Suns, Dalembert's athleticism, rebounding and shot-blocking would be epic. But the Suns don't really have the ammo to get him. Cause Philly ain't taking back Diaw and banks for him. And I doubt they would deal marion for him.

Philly will keep him cause I think that if they could ever get a great PF who dominates inside, and commands double teams, like a Brand. That type of player would greatly help out Dalembert. So i think we will wait to see what happens. If Brand is not available, or he re-signs with the Clippers, then all bets are off, and Dalembert could be moved then.
PrimeTime21
Analyst

Post#7 » by PrimeTime21 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 5:49 pm

Hibbert runs like he is in quicksand with two broken legs...

I just have feeling that Fast Eddie is looking to trade every contract that BK handed out, it started with Korver, he is probably looking to trade Green and I think even though Sam has played the best ball of his career he will be gone this offseason.
ITK9
Lead Assistant
And1: 16

Post#8 » by ITK9 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 5:56 pm

kurt thomas+collison+future protected first pick for sammy and you can have him.
joey-A
Banned User

Post#9 » by joey-A » Mon Jan 7, 2008 6:02 pm

That offer is well below Sam's value. And even so, Seattle has invested a great amount of money on early selections of Sene, and Swift. Until it's proven that both are complete Busts, I don't think Seattle wants dalembert, even though Thomas is 36, and Collison is a wasted player with a high, and long contract. Dalembert is worth more than that.
PrimeTime21
Analyst

Post#10 » by PrimeTime21 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 6:11 pm

Ouch that is a bad deal...Sam is actually a big part of this team right now, they need more than that for him. I see a team like the Suns or even the Raptors taking a chance on him.
Mr. Perfect
Analyst
And1: 1,292

Post#11 » by Mr. Perfect » Mon Jan 7, 2008 6:28 pm

How about Andrea Bargnani, Juan Dixon and Jorge Garbajosa for Dalembert and Thaddeus Young. Raps can add a first rounder which will be probably in the mid to late teens this year.

You guys get your frontcourt player who could really flourish in Philly, gain some cap space with Dixon's expiring, and Garbojosa doesn't expire until next year, but he can be a solid veteran on a cheap price tag and be really useful for you guys.

I don't know, that's the best I could come up with from the Raptors.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,073

Post#12 » by Sixerscan » Mon Jan 7, 2008 6:44 pm

This seems like it's just turned into a fantasy trade thread.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers