Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,626

Re: Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread 

Post#1801 » by Baphomet » Thu Oct 1, 2015 2:53 pm

Sik Infant wrote:Kane and Alli have been added to the England squad for games against Estonia and Lithuania.

Dele could get his first senior cap!

Disappointed that Dier couldn't get in and Walker probably deserved a call too.

Dier absolutely deserves in. Who do England have at CM? Milner? Barkley? Shelvey? Henderson? Certainly not good enough to keep Dier out for much longer. His time will come.

Delighted for Dele, though. He's had a solid start to the season.
MaliBrah
RealGM
And1: 4,329

Post#1802 » by MaliBrah » Thu Oct 1, 2015 3:07 pm

Baphomet wrote:
Sik Infant wrote:Kane and Alli have been added to the England squad for games against Estonia and Lithuania.

Dele could get his first senior cap!

Disappointed that Dier couldn't get in and Walker probably deserved a call too.

Dier absolutely deserves in. Who do England have at CM? Milner? Barkley? Shelvey? Henderson? Certainly not good enough to keep Dier out for much longer. His time will come.

Delighted for Dele, though. He's had a solid start to the season.

England's Main man 8-)
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1803 » by Baphomet » Thu Oct 1, 2015 3:09 pm

I did consider Wilshere, but he doesn't count if he's permanently crocked. :D
MaliBrah
RealGM
And1: 4,329

Post#1804 » by MaliBrah » Thu Oct 1, 2015 3:16 pm

Ahaha I pray he's fit next summer. He's going to get a chance in a tournament now for the first time.I wonder if he can deliver for england. I think Hodgson see's him as a nailed on starter if fit , has a good chemistry with most of the attacking players.
Finn Man
Sophomore
And1: 15

Post#1805 » by Finn Man » Sat Oct 3, 2015 1:41 am

Hi I'm just a fan of BPL and I wanted to ask you guys what do you think your biggest weaknesses are?
I have only watched two spurs games this season and I can tell you that your front 4 will be devastatingly good, especially if you can get rid of Lamela and exchange him with a guy like Bolasie or Salah.
What do you guys think of Lamela? Would you still give him the chance to prove himself in the staring 11 the rest of the year or would you like to throw him out of the squad to dominate Serie A? Or keep him as a back-up?
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1806 » by Baphomet » Sat Oct 3, 2015 11:42 am

Finn Man wrote:Hi I'm just a fan of BPL and I wanted to ask you guys what do you think your biggest weaknesses are?
I have only watched two spurs games this season and I can tell you that your front 4 will be devastatingly good, especially if you can get rid of Lamela and exchange him with a guy like Bolasie or Salah.
What do you guys think of Lamela? Would you still give him the chance to prove himself in the staring 11 the rest of the year or would you like to throw him out of the squad to dominate Serie A? Or keep him as a back-up?

I don't think our front 4 will ever be 'devastatingly' good in the way that Liverpool's was a few years ago with Suarez, for example, but there's some real talent there. The problem is that Eriksen only shows up every few games, and Son is still bedding in. Kane also needs a few goals to settle down and get back on track. Biggest weakness is probably striker, not because I don't rate Kane, but because he's our ONLY striker.

Lamela is having his best season so far. He works hard and covers a lot of ground every game, he tracks back and helps out defensively more than the average winger, but still has some mental lapses on the ball. He's also scored 3 goals in his last 4 games, which is his best goalscoring run so far since joining.

Bolasie is not a good footballer. He's also not a young prospect (despite how people view him) and is unlikely to get much better than he is now. He has moments of absurd brilliance, compounded by a baffling inability to play even the most rudimentary football. I would vomit if we got rid of Lamela, who is finally showing signs of improvement, and bought Bolasie. If anyone was to be dropped, I'd rather it be Chadli, who does provide goals but is a passenger 90% of the time.

Salah is out of the question because of his anti-semitism.
DD12
Assistant Coach
And1: 953

Post#1807 » by DD12 » Sat Oct 3, 2015 3:58 pm

Salah is anti-semitist?
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1808 » by Baphomet » Sat Oct 3, 2015 4:08 pm

DD12 wrote:Salah is anti-semitist?

He refused to shake Israeli players' hands when he was at Basel. I don't think it was a big deal personally, but Spurs famously have a large Jewish contingent and I doubt signing him would be met with a good reception on that basis.

Like I said, I don't think it's a big deal, but the club would probably feel otherwise.
DD12
Assistant Coach
And1: 953

Post#1809 » by DD12 » Sat Oct 3, 2015 4:13 pm

Yeah dont blame him. I stopped following spurs after figuring out the same thing. Didnt even know he didnt shake maccabi players' hand.
WorldBeFree
Starter
And1: 406

Post#1810 » by WorldBeFree » Sun Oct 4, 2015 1:02 am

I watched some games. For me the offense is the problem and not the defense (except for last game of course). I really rate spurs defense high (especially if you look at the whole league, cs are random this year), plus a top class keeper.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,956

Post#1811 » by BUCKnation » Sun Oct 4, 2015 3:06 pm

The defense has actually been really great this year. The offense has just been really inconsistent and we struggle to score at times.

I'd also rather have Lamela than Bolasie or Salah anyways.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#1812 » by and1GS » Sun Oct 4, 2015 9:13 pm

Baphomet wrote:
DD12 wrote:Salah is anti-semitist?

He refused to shake Israeli players' hands when he was at Basel. I don't think it was a big deal personally, but Spurs famously have a large Jewish contingent and I doubt signing him would be met with a good reception on that basis.

Like I said, I don't think it's a big deal, but the club would probably feel otherwise.

I was curious about that, why didn't he shake their hands? Is there some Egyptian backstory there or something?

I think our defense is good, but we need a better LB. Our GK is world class. And our offense is a mess most of the time; we dont' have the requisite talent so we're playing roulette by swapping in and out guys like Chadli/Lamela while praying Kane stays healthy. If we had gotten Willian a few years back things would be different, but Levy's transfer strategy will never allow for those types of signings, at least not until we get the new stadium.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
BUCKnation
RealGM

Post#1813 » by BUCKnation » Sun Oct 4, 2015 10:33 pm

Our biggest issue is lack of concentration. We can dominate a game and lose concentration for one minute and give up a crucial goal.
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1814 » by Baphomet » Mon Oct 5, 2015 9:09 pm

and1GS wrote:I was curious about that, why didn't he shake their hands? Is there some Egyptian backstory there or something?

I assume it's because of the long running Israeli and Arab conflict, but there may be a specific reason in Salah's case.
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1815 » by Baphomet » Thu Nov 5, 2015 2:21 pm

Eric Dier called up to the England team. :clap:
BUCKnation
RealGM

Post#1816 » by BUCKnation » Thu Nov 5, 2015 8:19 pm

About time that get a proper DM in on that side.
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1817 » by Baphomet » Thu Nov 5, 2015 8:42 pm

To think I was slagging Poch off for playing him at DM at the beginning of the season. :noway:
BUCKnation
RealGM

Post#1818 » by BUCKnation » Thu Nov 5, 2015 9:56 pm

Shows how talented he is though. He has excelled at CB (his main position), RB and now DM, where he looks like a top 5 option in the PL.
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1819 » by Baphomet » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:13 pm

GOAT

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3oKAY5-Tt8[/youtube]
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#1820 » by and1GS » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:00 am

Baphomet wrote:GOAT

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3oKAY5-Tt8[/youtube]

wtf...Filipe Scolari coaches that team :lol: so random
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in

Return to The General Soccer Board