Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,197

Re: Official Liverpool FC Thread 

Post#321 » by LittleOzzy » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:30 pm

Jordan Henderson becomes Liverpool’s new captain

Liverpool midfielder Jordan Henderson has been appointed club captain after Steven Gerrard joined the Los Angeles Galaxy.

The 25-year-old Henderson has grown in influence since joining Liverpool four years ago from Sunderland and assumed the armband last season in games Gerrard did not start.

Henderson, who also plays for England, described the appointment as a "great honour and a huge privilege."

Manager Brendan Rodgers says he selected Henderson for the captaincy because he "shows total commitment to the game and is a role model professional."

The 35-year-old Gerrard, who was captain for 12 years, spent his entire career at Liverpool before officially moving to the Galaxy this week.

Gerrard told Sky Sports television: "I don’t think there’s a more fitting player to take that armband off me."

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/jordan-henderson-becomes-liverpools-new-captain/
Lindecision
Banned User
And1: 151

Post#322 » by Lindecision » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:32 pm

Liverpool and Man City have finally agreed a fee for Raheem Sterling.

http://soccer.realgm.com/wiretap/2754/City-Agrees-To-Buy-Raheem-Sterling-For-%C2%A349M-From-Liverpool

£49 million transfer fee, which translates to $76 million. That doesn't include his reported £200,000 per week salary and whatever obscene signing on fee and bonuses this 20 year old kid is gonna get.

Fenway getting that work in because GOD DAMN that's a lot of money!
Rafer24
Junior
And1: 145

Post#323 » by Rafer24 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:55 pm

Looking forward to see Divock Origi tomorrow.
ardee
RealGM
And1: 5,235

Post#324 » by ardee » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:47 pm

Lambert Ings Borini Balotelli Ings and Sturridge.... Wtf...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Rafer24
Junior

Post#325 » by Rafer24 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:10 am

Balotelli, Lambert and Borini will left the club.

Benteke medical early next week, Rodgers has got his player. No excuses now. Top 4 or bust.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#326 » by Merc_Porto » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:45 am

47 M€ for Betenke

Are you F kiddind me Liverpool ?
My godness, what a waste of money.
Lakers415
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#327 » by Lakers415 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:57 pm

Rafer24 wrote:Balotelli, Lambert and Borini will left the club.

Benteke medical early next week, Rodgers has got his player. No excuses now. Top 4 or bust.

it's going to be bust than.
Lindecision
Banned User
And1: 151

Post#328 » by Lindecision » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:44 am

mercgold3 wrote:47 M€ for Betenke

Are you F kiddind me Liverpool ?
My godness, what a waste of money.

Ugh, let's hope we're all wrong about him and he's the next Drogba.

Whatever. Treadmill team doing treadmill things. That Gomez kid looks nice though.
Rafer24
Junior

Post#329 » by Rafer24 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:03 pm

Lakers415 wrote:

May i ask why?

We have bought really good players in Clyne, Firmino, Milner and Benteke (overpriced though). We should be fighting for the Top 4 til the end of the season.

Although i think the key of the season rest in Daniel Sturridge´s fitness. I he can give us 20-25 good games, we´ll have a very good chance come May.
Lakers415
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#330 » by Lakers415 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:36 pm

Rafer24 wrote:
Lakers415 wrote:

May i ask why?

We have bought really good players in Clyne, Firmino, Milner and Benteke (overpriced though). We should be fighting for the Top 4 til the end of the season.

Although i think the key of the season rest in Daniel Sturridge´s fitness. I he can give us 20-25 good games, we´ll have a very good chance come May.

Because Chelsea, City, Arsenal and United are all better than you.

Wouldn't be surprised if Spurs were ranked higher by the end of the season.
Rafer24
Junior

Post#331 » by Rafer24 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:57 am

I don´t see United as a lock for a Champions League place.

With Champions League, FA Cup and Carling, they may struggle a bit, like us last year. We´ll see, but if Sturridge is somehow healthy, we have a decent chance.
sca
Head Coach
And1: 9,172

Post#332 » by sca » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:07 am

Time to revive this thread.
RaptorsLife on Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:45 pm wrote:
nabbs wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:Nurse can’t be our head coach

Why not? Who is your choice?

Def Messina

RaptorsLife on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:31 pm wrote:Messina sucks
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,457

Post#333 » by Foye » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:06 pm

sca wrote:
Time to revive this thread.

This thread can't be revived without GMgoran. It must fade in irrelevance until the legend returns. :wave:
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,626

Post#334 » by Baphomet » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:48 pm

I would give a bollock for Goran to return.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,455

Post#335 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:12 am

This thread is alive again. Where are you LFC supporters? Great win yesterday.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#336 » by truth18 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:21 am

Cactus Jack wrote:This thread is alive again. Where are you LFC supporters :sleep2: ? Great win yesterday.

GMGoran's departure drained this thread of its truth and spirit.
YOU LOSE
TomsBakery94
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#337 » by TomsBakery94 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:46 pm

Klopp will be a success at Liverpool, his style can very much work in the Prem, the issues in hand are A) The current make up of the squad & B) Injuries.

The squad inherited by Klopp in my eyes is all over the place. Benteke can't/won't run, wouldn't of fit Rodgers system & doesn't fit Klopps. On top of that, its no good saying the team doesn't play to his strengths; He is simply not good enough to build a team around. If you cross the ball 20/30 times a game (West Ham away) you bypass Can, Henderson, Firmino, Lallana & Coutinho, the latter being key to creating chances for Liverpool. If Ings was fit, my guess is that he would score a lot of goals in this system & open up play for others around him instead of being a massive statue in the middle of the pitch.

Mignolet is questionable at times however once he cuts out the silly mistakes & works on his positioning then all will be fine. The back 4 needs work on defending set pieces however in open play, at full strength Clyne Skrtel Sakho & Moreno for me is solid enough to get by.

Henderson was very good for the last 2 seasons & only injuries this year has hampered his growth into a very dynamic midfield player. Can is frustrating at times however he is still very young (22) & already has the ability to dictate the pace & make up of games. Like many others I'm still unsure of his best position, as to in the middle of the park or pushed slightly higher up. The plan looks for in the middle although I guess time will tell.

Lallana is not good enough for Klopp's style of play. Takes too long on the ball time & time again, 3.4.5 touches & for me isn't up to speed. Firmino needs to settle & needs to play with a striker who he can link up with. Watching him against Man City made me realize he can be something special & just needs time & more suitable players around him. Coutinho has found it difficult this season & once again, without a striker to be a threat making runs in behind, there is no space for him to do anything. Often he cuts inside, no run in behind & ends up shooting from 25/30 yards out. He is however Liverpool's best player & he is key to getting the squad where it needs to be.

The striker situation is a disaster. I'd rather not talk about Balotelli, he will be sold for anybody willing to take him at any price available. Benteke as first mentioned just hasn't worked out & for me its not a surprise either. Villa built their squad around him & of course, he got them goals. For a side that should be pushing for top 4 & winning trophies, you can not build around him & consistently win at that level. Ings has been a massive miss. Young, pacey, good finisher & hungry. Exactly what is needed at the moment. Origi is unproven. Bags of potential & looks promising however he needs a loan in the prem & ideally needs to play 30+ games in a season.

A solid summer is needed, which unfortunately has been said for the past couple of years. We have never really gone about replacing Suarez, not that its really possible but we've never brought a striker in who can score 15/20 goals & then maybe go on to develop more from there. How Liverpool never signed Deli Alli, I don't know. For me he would of been somebody who could of come in young, learnt the Liverpool way & stepped into the Steven Gerrard role maybe?

Who do you want to see us sing in the summer? There is talks of Gotze however I don't feel too optimistic. We need to get rid of who's not good enough, bring Markovic back & get him playing IN position, sign a striker, central midfielder & central defender.

One more thing, thoughts on Sturridge?
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,455

Post#338 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:26 am

Welcome! This forum really has been on life support. We could use as many fans as needed. So again, Welcome aboard!

Your post seemed pretty spot on. I predict a lot of moves in the summer. In my opinion, I don't think the club can afford to rely on Sturridge truthfully.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,626

Post#339 » by Baphomet » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:46 pm

I think you made some pretty good points about the qualities and flaws of the current Liverpool squad.

Makes you wonder what on earth Brendo and the 'pool scouting team were doing in isolating those targets. An atrocious amount of wasted money on a weird mish-mash of talent. I'm also a fan of the qualities Danny Ings brings and I think he'll have a place at Liverpool under Klopp.

Regarding Alli, current Spurs head of recruitment Paul Mitchell used to work at MK Dons and immediately identified Alli as a target when he arrived at Spurs as part of Poch's staff. I feel like he could easily have ended up at Southampton, should Poch & Mitchell have remained there.
TomsBakery94
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#340 » by TomsBakery94 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:48 am

Yeah what a great game it was! We've been unbelievable this year I still find myself questioning if this is all real haha.

Surprisingly I don't blame Rodgers as much as other fans appear to. Although Rodgers didn't sign him, he contributed to the development of Suarez got his partnership with Sturridge perfect. We were unlucky not to win it. If the rumors were true and he could only choose for X amount of players from a list where he had 0 input, it makes me even more grateful for how he got the team playing when we finished second.

& as for Alli I didn't know that to be the case & that probably had a large influence in the end. I personally heard that we had him scouted extensively & he was very open to a move to LFC, however as usual the wonderful Ian Ayre couldn't get the deal done & there was a sticking point in terms of what % of any transfer fee MK Dons would receive if he was to move on from us. Bad business. Especially with the start he's had. I expect more premier league teams to look lower into English divisions instead of so persistently buying foreign talent after seeing what a remarkable talent he is & what he has to offer.

Return to The General Soccer Board