Official Chelsea FC Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread 

Post#1921 » by HIF » Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:15 pm

stormi wrote:
HIF wrote:Would it be bad of me to say "I Don't". Sat out a year and was well treated by us, only to push for a move. Now he's injured again

At least he's still in the prem

70m for a cripple.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,701

Post#1922 » by stormi » Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:11 pm

HIF wrote:
stormi wrote:
HIF wrote:Would it be bad of me to say "I Don't". Sat out a year and was well treated by us, only to push for a move. Now he's injured again

70m for a cripple.

You spent about half of that on a bizzaro David Luiz that was racking up red cards and scoring own goals for fun, capped off by a successful relegation charge :lol:
stormi
General Manager

Post#1923 » by stormi » Wed Jul 19, 2023 2:02 pm

Possibly the best LB itl last season as an 18 year old. Deserves to start or to go out on loan. Total worldbeater.

Read on Twitter
HIF
RealGM

Post#1924 » by HIF » Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:27 pm

stormi wrote:
HIF wrote:
stormi wrote:

70m for a cripple.

You spent about half of that on a bizzaro David Luiz that was racking up red cards and scoring own goals for fun, capped off by a successful relegation charge :lol:

At least he's playing. How many million a minute has Fofana cost you :lol: If you need a replacement we have Vestergaard for £85m. :wink:

HIF
RealGM

Post#1925 » by HIF » Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:28 pm

stormi wrote:Possibly the best LB itl last season as an 18 year old. Deserves to start or to go out on loan. Total worldbeater.

Read on Twitter

And yet you stick with another Leicester reject. How much did we fleece you for him?

stormi
General Manager

Post#1926 » by stormi » Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:36 pm

HIF wrote:
stormi wrote:Possibly the best LB itl last season as an 18 year old. Deserves to start or to go out on loan. Total worldbeater.

Read on Twitter

And yet you stick with another Leicester reject. How much did we fleece you for him?

stormi
General Manager

Post#1927 » by stormi » Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:37 pm

Read on Twitter

Colwill - Guéhi

Hall - Colwill - Guéhi - James

Cobham born & bred backline this year BRINGGGGGG.
stormi
General Manager

Post#1928 » by stormi » Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:47 pm

We are back and it felt so good to be back.

Short and sweet, Maatsen, Nico Jackson, Nkunku, Gusto, Santos, Ângelo, Humphreys, Chukwuemeka. All very good. Promising play. Saw some of Poch's automatisms being adopted. Not a crazy opponent, but I was pleased to see that we carried play, pressed hard and scored some lovely goals even with the starting 11 carrying an average age of 19.09.

No Enzo, Colwill, Mudryk as they joined the tour late. Should be ready to go for the 22nd.

On the other end of the spectrum. Gallagher ran hard, touch still heavy, scored a goal - which is nice. Looks out of play in that system. Better suited as an attacking midfielder than in a pivot. Some clashing with Nkunku. Feels an expendable asset.

Raheem Sterling. Lazy, unconcerned. About done with him.

Chilwell. Disasterclass. Doesn't bring much besides the ability to poach goals, which isn't a trait I'm valuing at leftback when you struggle mightily to pass/dribble/defend.

Tl;dr, the same bums that contributed to us getting 12th looked the part. The new blood played a match to be proud of.
stormi
General Manager

Post#1929 » by stormi » Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:34 pm

Read on Twitter

Selling Mount and replacing him with Kudus... smiling through it all, I can't believe this is my life!

Read on Twitter

Mr Boehly, pay and don't speak.
MetalFingaz
Starter
And1: 2,800

Post#1930 » by MetalFingaz » Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:43 pm

I don't see how Kudus is a Mount replacement. Is your midfield going to be Enzo, Kudus, and Nkunku?
It's time for 5 refs.
stormi
General Manager

Post#1931 » by stormi » Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:01 am

MetalFingaz wrote:I don't see how Kudus is a Mount replacement. Is your midfield going to be Enzo, Kudus, and Nkunku?

Can play as an 8, 10, CF on the wing. Replacement in the sense that we're regaining a tactical swiss army knife that we've lost.
stormi
General Manager

Post#1932 » by stormi » Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:12 am

A win is a win is a win.

PROS:

Nico Jackson is a cracked footballer. Came on in the second half and created three goals + another very good chance. Scouts did it again, he looks like a serious player.

Malo Gusto 1v1 defending masterclass. Did very well in his first stint of PL footy taking turns with Mitoma and Enciso running at him.

Mykhailo Mudryk, looked sharp. Got on the scoresheet. Loved the linkup with Jackson.

Others - Cucurella, Humphreys, Colwill, Angelo, Santos, Casadei had some up and down moments.

Flipside, same three culprits from before. The worst of the three, Raheem Sterling. The chime bells are ringing, it's time for Saudi.

Nice to get a morale win, even if it was by the skin of our teeth. Need some transfer activity now. Make-or break time to define us having a chance at European football for '24/'25.
HIF
RealGM

Post#1933 » by HIF » Wed Aug 9, 2023 8:16 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,264

Post#1934 » by Baseline81 » Wed Aug 9, 2023 12:51 pm

HIF wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,278

Post#1935 » by Shaazzam » Wed Aug 9, 2023 5:48 pm

I, for one, am shocked. SHOCKED!
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
stormi
General Manager

Post#1936 » by stormi » Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:24 am

Full circle reunion. Caicedo & Enzo bothing wearing number 5 for their respective clubs at the Libertadores U20 final in Paraguay. IDV beat River in the final.

stormi
General Manager

Post#1937 » by stormi » Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:43 am

Good & bad news.

Gusto signing looks absolutely massive with Reece going down. And it's why I had him in the unsure bracket coming into the summer. Prodigious talent at his position and a colossal performance MW1 against Liverpool, but his unwillingness to get surgery and commit to a long term recovery plan is a massive red flag. Get surgery or sell at this point. I love Reece to death, but there's no place for sentimentality in this sport. I hate that lame cliché about availability, but in his case it's a fact.

Lavia, over the moon. His ceiling is nutty.

Read on Twitter

Oil for hips, physical and completely ambidextrous. Passing radius with the left and right is Pirlo-esque.

Caicedo. We finally got him. Price was scary, but with the drama that arose in the 11th hour it made me forget all about it. You can't sacrifice the chance to acquire a talent like him at that age. Could not have asked for a more perfect partner for Enzo, and he's survived as a holder under RDZ which is a peak complement of his technical ability.

I have a theory that Brighton tried to collude a backdoor on Chelsea regarding Caicedo with Liverpool. I do feel for them as they got caught in the crosshairs, but my theory is that Brighton were not happy with the fact that they couldn't acquire Colwill in a swap. All of a sudden a "deadline" spawns in with Liverpool at the last moment being revealed as delivering a shattering transfer record bid of £110 million. Brighton tried to have their cake and eat it too. They **** over Chelsea and they get a numbing fee for a talent they paid maybe less than 5 million for from Ecuador a couple of seasons ago. Brighton assumed Caicedo would sign on the dotted line for a move to any big team, thus they never consulted him and he (and the rest of the world) were essentially never made aware of the bid until it was submitted.

Moises stayed strong and fought for the move. That's my brother for life.

stormi
General Manager

Post#1938 » by stormi » Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:02 am

Olise news is a weird one. Agreed terms and had the RC triggered, but we backed off due to some sort of breach or unwillingness to go through the rigors of a case with little time left in the window and much work to be done. Wonder what the specifics mean in the case of "tapping".

Funny, he cleared all the Palace stuff from his instagram and looked to be prepping for the move. News sparks, Olise returns and agree's the extension (with a RC). The fact that he chose us over City makes me feel like if we did go back in for him next summer it will be all but a formality to bring him back to Chelsea.

Let him have another full year at Palace to hone his craft and we'll come for him after he makes that genuine star leap.

Other than that.

Sold Lewis Hall who pushed for a move to his boyhood club Newcastle.

They've now 3/4ths of the best backline in Europe.

Hall - Botman - (x) - Livramento will cause serious problems. Their proscouting in general is phenomenal.

Lastly Ben Chilwell is still a terrorist.

(sarcastic comp title)

Read on Twitter

The positions and spaces he was finding himself in against Liverpool was great, but in our final form it should be our version of Mitoma/Mane/Martinelli/Giggs/Bale/Robben/Sane etc making those runs and receiving those passes. He was extremely wasteful. No close dribbling or ability to beat a man, no playmaking, zero ball retention. The right idea by Poch, but with that profile maximized we win that game comfortably. It should be a wide winger in those spaces. It's not like he was participating in any sort of defending anyways. Completely isolated Colwill on an island against Salah.

My hope going forward is in the fact that Poch did have Sterling on the right for the first time for Chelsea, away from Ben Chilwell, and he had maybe his best game since the transfer. When Mudryk came on, he also had him on the right opposite Chilwell. It seems that he understands that a winger cannot thrive beside Chilwell since he's a glorified winger / second striker himself. The only locking up he does is towards any attacker on his own flank.

Can't wait til he leaves my club. The next virus to hopefully be defeated. And then we go up a notch.

Anyways up the Chels.
stormi
General Manager

Post#1939 » by stormi » Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:51 am

Read on Twitter

Tears streaming down my face.

Lord Eden, the greatest there is, was or ever will be.
stormi
General Manager

Post#1940 » by stormi » Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:14 am

One of the more demoralizing results I can imagine in some time and jobs should be lost over this.

Good: Gusto, Cucurella, Palmer, Mudryk
Standard: Caicedo, Fernandez, Sterling
Ugly: Sanchez, Pochettino, Jackson

We might have come across on top in terms of advanced metrics, but we completely diverted our style of play in this game. We played Luton Town football (aka--- anti-football). Lacklustre buildup, long ball spamming, low defensive line (Thiago Silva style) counter attacking (Conor Gallagher style) football. And still bottled it. Do you know how embarrassing that is? I don't care what Robert Sanchez does for the rest of his Chelsea career. He is dead to me.

We need Romeo Lavia back more than water or oxygen.

And then the substitutions from Pochettino. Shameful. Subbing off our two best players in Palmer and Mudryk // killed all flow. Deciding to sub on Reece James while keeping Malo Gusto on, and then playing James as an attacker when Gusto is a former winger.

Sucks to see such a squad filled with talent being misused week in and week out.

Return to The General Soccer Board