Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,458

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread 

Post#1861 » by Foye » Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:48 pm

stormi wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

By the way, I know the world has been dying to get my thoughts on this real world crisis.

I am firmly in the sell Mount camp. He's an overrated footballer that's gotten by statpadding shocking performances with goals and assists, but at his core essence he is not a good enough. Technically deficient between the lines, very low creative ability from open play, no real positional discipline to play as an 8 as he constantly vacates the midfield to run up the pitch and goal hang.

Anywhere in the 50-70 Ms range would go a long way to balancing the books and amortization.

It's a ridiculous assertion to even put his name alongside Salah or De Bruyne who had less than 800 minutes combined on Chelsea teams fighting for the league. They were unknown commodities sold by Mourinho who had already determined his soldiers. We have a 10,000 minute sample size of mediocrity with Mason Mount.

Replace him with Caqueret (my dream midfielder to pair with Enzo), Lavia or Mac Allister for a fraction of the cost and we're laughing.

See this is everything that is wrong with modern football.

Mount came through Chelsea youth academy and helped Chelsea winning the CL in 20/21 with an assist in the final against City.
Every Chelsea fan should be a supporter of Mount even if he may not be playing well enough right now.

The guy should be a club legend yet „Chelsea fans“ are advocating to ship him out for the next new signing.
SgtPepper
Junior
And1: 145

Post#1862 » by SgtPepper » Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:12 pm

Tbf that represents a view from an extremist. Stormi clearly loves the club more than the sport and is willing to be an apologist for them.That's shown in how inconsistent his technical analysis on players is and the farcical attempts at data analysis like a couple posts ago. Every 6 months he pines for replacing a swath of the squad, half of them happen, most of them then bust, and he repeats the cycle as the next window approaches.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,701

Post#1863 » by stormi » Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:17 am

Foye wrote:See this is everything that is wrong with modern football.

Mount came through Chelsea youth academy and helped Chelsea winning the CL in 20/21 with an assist in the final against City.
Every Chelsea fan should be a supporter of Mount even if he may not be playing well enough right now.

The guy should be a club legend yet „Chelsea fans“ are advocating to ship him out for the next new signing.

I hate this point of view. I support good footballers and only that. I support Chelsea Football Club no matter where the player comes from. We've had and lost generational talents like Eden Hazard, Didier Drogba, Frank Lampard and John Terry and machine has kept churning.

This also does not mean that I support the targeting and abuse of certain players. I loved and supported Jorginho regardless of his perception and I'm glad he's found a home at Arsenal surrounded by technicians. I would have wanted him to stay and was devastated to see him go because he was awesome at the sport. It's the same thing with Antonio Rudiger and Andreas Christensen. Christensen came through the academy and is one of the best ball playing CB in the world. He also dropped a 10/10 in the CL final. It pained me to see him go, not because of where he was from, but because he's awesome at the sport.The cog is so much greater than anyone one player. I will die for any player that will die for us.

I don't want you to misconstrue my pov, I do not consider Mason Mount a good player in any capacity. I find him to be a massive liability that's been spoon fed minutes for four seasons now. A real lack of positional discipline, no passing acumen, zero ball retention. He hangs his hat on “leadership,” “playing for the badge,” and “getting it,” but that's purely because the use of these devices allow him an amount of importance that his ability cannot justify.

And then Mr. 8 open play assists in 100+ matches then has the gall to reject a contract of nearly £200K per week and demand the club prove his worth to him. Disgusting. He's not nearly talented enough to hold us hostage.

Read on Twitter
stormi
General Manager

Post#1864 » by stormi » Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:38 am

This unity and togetherness the club showed over the past week picking up 3 results out of 3 during a very difficult stretch when the manager and the players were in turmoil means so much more to me than the location of someone passport.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
stormi
General Manager

Post#1865 » by stormi » Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:05 am

SgtPepper wrote:That's shown in how inconsistent his technical analysis on players is and the farcical attempts at data analysis like a couple posts ago.

Please quit embarrassing yourself while you're behind Mr. CHELSEA ACKSHUALLY NEED ANOTHER STRIKER.

You are a casual that lacks a fundamental competency of the game.

Fitting emblem in your profile.
Foye

Post#1866 » by Foye » Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:55 pm

It is not about the location of a passport.

It is about respect for players that have been part of the club for years and dedicated their life for it.

You already forgot what Mount has done for Chelsea coming through the youth academy helping them to win the Champions League.

In a couple years you will call for your currently beloved Enzo‘s head when he is going through a period of weakness asking for new signings.

Besides that, in a world were Azpilicueta is making 180k a week, 200k isn‘t really holding anyone „hostage“.
SgtPepper
Junior

Post#1867 » by SgtPepper » Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:02 am

Mount is the 23rd highest earner in a squad of 33. Boehly's gambit this season has been about exercising loopholes in FFP policy, but most of them have amplified the risk to the club the policy was designed to divert. There's rumours that most of the homegrown who aren't starters are first priority for sale in the summer since they'll be recorded as pure profit without resale costs to pay back and since the EPL has the loosest homegrown requirements. And indeed Inter has confirmed Lukaku is coming back to Chelsea after a season where 5/16 of Chelsea's signings seem acceptable quality (17 if Felix is converted) and he's one of the club's most expensive players. There are just 13 players from the CL squad left and all the peak age ones aside from Havertz & James have exit rumors swirling. Meanwhile the club still doesn't look on course for a continental qualification and has the 8th worst goal scoring record in the league. I really wonder if Boehly is an Arsenal fan.

Oh and stormi, the first place the Chelsea needs strikers storyline emerged was on WAGNH where Chelsea fans with eyes and brains actively analyzed the football in front of them instead of religiously spamming propaganda unsupported by reality. Also long-term Chelsea fans uncontroversially know that Chelsea has struggled to capture WC strikers since Drogba retired/declined. They had a great one in peak Diego Costa for 2 out if 3 seasons, but Conte killed that era.
Foye

Post#1868 » by Foye » Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:37 am

Chelsea has no striker who can keep the ball, borrow the team a few seconds to move up and then drop it off to the teammates.
Even Lukaku in poor shape would do wonders for them in the box, set pieces and even counter attacks.

Hence, they are dying in possession and have no clue how they are supposed to score on the opponents.
SgtPepper
Junior

Post#1869 » by SgtPepper » Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:15 am

Foye wrote:Hence, they are dying in possession and have no clue how they are supposed to score on the opponents.

To be fair this is the characteristic Potterball is most famous for. I used to argue Tuchel's Chelsea played too continental in the league the last 1+ seasons but this year has made a caricature of those tactical problems.

There is also an endless line of ex-players who were/are playing better elsewhere now than the current Chelsea squad. I consider Madrid's Courtois discounted transfer as one of the best creators of Chelsea's present Kepa mess.
SgtPepper
Junior

Post#1870 » by SgtPepper » Sun Apr 2, 2023 3:28 am

Looking forward to the Brighton & Man U games as those seem to be the most probable crisis games for the club this season.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#1871 » by HIF » Sun Apr 2, 2023 7:24 pm

SgtPepper wrote:Looking forward to the Brighton & Man U games as those seem to be the most probable crisis games for the club this season.

Potter is sacked.

Won't change anything .
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
SgtPepper
Junior

Post#1872 » by SgtPepper » Mon Apr 3, 2023 3:07 am

I didn't expect it so early but there's still time for things to get much worse for the club. They could be mathematically out of continental qualification by then and forced to balance their losses from this season faster due to FFP.

Chels might have also accelerated the sack to hire a temporarily available coach like Nagelsmann or Pocch.
Foye

Post#1873 » by Foye » Mon Apr 3, 2023 9:55 am

I bet the owners would want to have Tuchel back. :lol:
SgtPepper
Junior

Post#1874 » by SgtPepper » Mon Apr 3, 2023 10:20 am

Who knows - these owners hate the club. They've replaced the coach and most of the squad with inferior parts. This has certainly been one of the raunchiest moral degradation movies the club could have lived through. It's the footballing version of Requiem for a dream.
MetalFingaz
Starter
And1: 2,800

Post#1875 » by MetalFingaz » Wed Apr 5, 2023 2:35 am

SgtPepper wrote:Who knows - these owners hate the club. They've replaced the coach and most of the squad with inferior parts. This has certainly been one of the raunchiest moral degradation movies the club could have lived through. It's the footballing version of Requiem for a dream.

Nagelsmann and Nkunku will save them, on the condition the club is renamed RB London.
It's time for 5 refs.
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,264

Post#1876 » by Baseline81 » Wed Apr 5, 2023 12:04 pm

Read on Twitter
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,264

Post#1877 » by Baseline81 » Wed Apr 5, 2023 5:54 pm

Read on Twitter
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,626

Post#1878 » by Baphomet » Wed Apr 5, 2023 7:42 pm

I take back any criticisms I've had of Boehly. The man's a legend.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#1879 » by HIF » Thu Apr 6, 2023 7:44 am

Baphomet wrote:I take back any criticisms I've had of Boehly. The man's a legend.

But stupid.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
SgtPepper
Junior

Post#1880 » by SgtPepper » Fri Apr 7, 2023 7:48 pm

^^^Seems like a kiss of death. CL level managers are more likely to join now than in the summer since there's tiny odds the manager could requalify by winning this CL. But forecasting to the summer clubs like Tottenham, Newcastle, Brighton all look to be in far better sporting positions.

Return to The General Soccer Board