Official Chelsea FC Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,700

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread 

Post#1901 » by stormi » Tue Jun 6, 2023 2:38 pm

After Ugarte, I am DONE following this serotonin carousel of rumors and speculation. I'm not listening or believing anything and i'm not paying too much attention until the summer window commences.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
stormi
General Manager

Post#1902 » by stormi » Tue Jun 6, 2023 2:39 pm

This is my last time posting unconfirmed rumors in here (unless it comes from The Don, David Ornstein).

I just desperately need:

1) Mason Mount sold
2) Levi Colwill on opening matchday squad
3) Trevoh Chalobah and Conor Gallagher sold

the rest, I'm less fussed about.

salute-
MetalFingaz
Starter
And1: 2,800

Post#1903 » by MetalFingaz » Wed Jun 7, 2023 6:28 pm

stormi wrote:After Ugarte, I am DONE following this serotonin carousel of rumors and speculation. I'm not listening or believing anything and i'm not paying too much attention until the summer window commences.

I don't believe you! :D
It's time for 5 refs.
stormi
General Manager

Post#1904 » by stormi » Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:01 pm

After watching the CL final, i've come to the conclusion of what my vision for next season would be if I were in charge.

Parlay the funds raised from sales (Mount / Havertz / Koulibaly / Gallagher / Chalobah / Pulisic / Lukaku / Ziyech / Auba) on --

Maignan (€70m), Caicedo (£85m), Felix & Neymar on loan -> can opt for Mudryk instead of Neymar in that position.

The striker market is vile at the moment. Do not force spend on Osimhen/Vlahovic/Lautaro. Focus on a #9 in 2024 (Evan Ferguson /Benjamin Šeško). The immediate goal is top 4. Nkunku + Broja is enough to achieve that with one game a week. Think logically.

+ depth of Reece James / Wesley Fofana / Mykhailo Mudryk / Carney Chukwuemeka / Raheem Sterling / Lewis Hall / Armando Broja.
stormi
General Manager

Post#1905 » by stormi » Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:50 am

Losing Havertz would be a death blow, but if I could choose a replacement for him this summer it would be

Read on Twitter

French connection link-up between Muani and Nkunku up top would be special.
stormi
General Manager

Post#1906 » by stormi » Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:20 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Nice little signing.
stormi
General Manager

Post#1907 » by stormi » Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:13 am

Besides Ziyech potentially failing his medical... phase one of the window has been going swimmingly. Generational + much needed clearout occuring at lightspeed.

Phase two are signings, which tier 1's consistently reiterate will be focused on after outgoings. One name I'm praying we retain whether that be another loan or full transfer is for this wonderful footballer.

Read on Twitter

There is something special there and he's given me dopamine hits I haven't received from an attacker since Hazard. Such a massive talent that needs to be moulded into his final form. Crossing my fingers everyday that we can achieve some sort of resolution. I need him to stay.
stormi
General Manager

Post#1908 » by stormi » Tue Jul 4, 2023 3:38 am

One of the best channels for quality football documentaries + storytelling. If you're ever bored, go and check his catalog.

This one makes me emotional. I don't think you could have fictioned up a better story to win your first Champions League.
stormi
General Manager

Post#1909 » by stormi » Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:38 am

Ridiculous talent. 18 year old midfielder shuffled back to left back last year due to a bloated squad and he was phenomenal. Not a soulless Cobham runner like Mount/Gallagher, Hall is in the Christensen/Colwill bracket of technically gifted athletes and his his explosiveness on that left flank is a sight.

He needs minutes next season. I don't know why Chilwell has survived this mass exodus. We should be lining up with Hall and Cucurella next season.

Read on Twitter

Then there's Maatsen lurking, 21 year old left back at Burnley last season. Won an EFL player of the month award, went on to win the league last season and was eventually named to the Championship TOTS at LB.

Read on Twitter

I would loan him back out to Burnley for another season and then find a place for him in the squad next year.
stormi
General Manager

Post#1910 » by stormi » Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:01 am

So Fabrice Hawkins is essentially T1 for French news. This is another reputable link to Muani (whomst I adore).

Read on Twitter

I do remember reading a while ago how Frankfurt didn't want to sell until next summer and for an extortionate fee because of the exposure he'd get playing alongside Mbappe lmao.

Read on Twitter

I can't really see the fit with Jackson or Nkunku. None of the three are an aerial presence, and they're all more silky creative archetypes that enjoy dropping deep and bringing their sides into the game.

It's a shame Ivan Toney is suspended. Would have been the perfect grab. Physical #9, aerially dominant, outperforms his xG yearly, great movement.

Maybe it really is #ProjectMbappe2024

Nkunku
Fofana
Badiashile
Gusto
? Muani
? Cherki
? Mbappe
stormi
General Manager

Post#1911 » by stormi » Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:55 am

1.5 month later update:

Keep list -- Squad has just now arrived in USA for preseason training. As per my preferred keeps list, everyone except for Benoit Badiashile and João Félix (</3) was on that plane. Badiashile was always targeting a return closer to GW1, so this is fine. Levi Jeans also reported which is tremendous news as he's CB1.

Loan list -- Nothing too remarkable to report. Datro got a nice move to Union Berlin, Charlie Webster got a move to Heerenveen. Chatter on potential moves for Casadei and Omari. Bashir Humphreys went on the US tour, Poch is likely getting his eyes on him. He was at Paderborn last year and played well. A Championship loan could do wonders.

Unsure list -- RLC was sold to Milan :( . Fine business, great foot soldier. It's a shame he ruptured that achilles because he was headed straight to the top. I think he'll thrive in Milan, still a tremendous footballer. In other news, Wes Fofana has picked up another knock and wasn't on the plane. Unlike Badiashile however this was not expected. I had him in the unsure bracket for this very reason. You cannot expect to go into war with hobbled men and Fofana has proven that he's at this point the opposite of reliable. He's a sell candidate next summer. Reece James also missed the flight to the US, but apparently for illness. He's expected to meet up with the squad for the tour. Less concerned about Reece as he has been fitness training the entire week with the team. If I were to update my list I'd keep Reece in the unsure bracket, sadly I'd feel obligated to move Fofana down.

Sell list -- Lukaku/CHO/Auba are all in direct talks to be sold and likely all will be in a week or two. Lukaku though is on a destructive crash course and burning bridges at hyperbolic speed. His situation is pretty funny, at this point he's going to have to do an Anelka at Bolton revenge tour. Gallagher has pertinent Spurs/West Ham links, would love to recoup €35-40m for him. I'm content keeping Sterling, Chalobah and Silva for another year just for squad bodies. Broja and Chilwell are just unnecessary.

====

In terms of incomings I think three more signings are needed minimum. We need at least two midfielders as Enzo still does not have DM to play in front of. Caicedo wrapped up this week hopefully + another one (Lavia/Kone/JNeves/Caqueret). We also need an RCB depending on if Chalobah is sold or not. Silva is rotation at this point, but at 38 he's a physical liability and shouldn't be expected to start a crucial portion of our matches.

I would love a cheeky little bid on Ousmane Diomande at Sporting. Other guys on my RCB list include Antonio Silva (pipe dream), JC Todibo, Giorgio Scalvini.

Current feelings: 5.75/10.
stormi
General Manager

Post#1912 » by stormi » Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:12 pm

Read on Twitter

Wesley Fofana, it's been a pleasure.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#1913 » by HIF » Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:53 pm

stormi wrote:
Read on Twitter

I see Wes is injured. :wink:
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
stormi
General Manager

Post#1914 » by stormi » Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:03 pm

HIF wrote:
stormi wrote:
Read on Twitter

I see Wes is injured. :wink:

Info is trickling out by the hour.

Read on Twitter

I feel really really bad for the kid if so.
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,264

Post#1915 » by Baseline81 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:48 pm

Read on Twitter
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#1916 » by HIF » Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:49 pm

Would it be bad of me to say "I Don't". Sat out a year and was well treated by us, only to push for a move. Now he's injured again
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
stormi
General Manager

Post#1917 » by stormi » Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:05 pm

HIF wrote:Would it be bad of me to say "I Don't". Sat out a year and was well treated by us, only to push for a move. Now he's injured again

At least he's still in the prem
stormi
General Manager

Post#1918 » by stormi » Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:08 pm

Baseline81 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Pretty heartbreaking, smooth recovery inshallah.

Positive note, players come back from ACL's better than ever in this new era of modern medicine. We can probably afford to let him take a year off to recover.

Also he's so young and internationally pedigreed, i'm sure if load managed he still has some good football left in his future. And for Chelsea, French players always retain value. Lucas Hernandez has done his ACL 3x and still went for €45 million this summer.
MetalFingaz
Starter
And1: 2,800

Post#1919 » by MetalFingaz » Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:04 pm

Even if it would have been for Chelsea, it's sad we won't get to see Fofana play. Was a pleasure to watch with Leicester. Hopefully he recovers well.
It's time for 5 refs.
Wisky4life
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,073

Post#1920 » by Wisky4life » Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:14 pm

Have fun with Harry McGuire

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
“We’re going to turn this team around 360 degrees.” –Jason Kidd

Return to The General Soccer Board