Official Chelsea FC Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,700

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread 

Post#1941 » by stormi » Sun Dec 3, 2023 9:03 am

I couldn't lie and say that I'm rooting for losses, but the season to me feels like a wash already. My expectations were never high to begin with. Some more optimistic Chelsea fans thought CL football was attainable. I had EL as a realistic target, and even that seems like it'll take a miracle run to achieve atp.

Pochettino is everything that I thought he wouldn't be. For an alleged developer of young talent, he doesn't seem to have the cojones to play any of them. For someone that was billed up to be a tactician, our patterns of play are non-existent. Culture setter? Nope.

Long rant aside, the deal that must be done. That's imperative to this 'project' having a chance, is activating Roberto De Zerbi's RC in the summer.

(we've already pillaged Brighton enough, i don't feel a drop of shame!)

For very simplistic reasons; Because he already has his fingerprints all over this youthful Chelsea experiment.

a) Levi Colwill (20 y/o CB)

b) Moises Caicedo (22 y/o MF)

c) Mykhailo Mudryk (22 y/o F)

Getting the development of these players correct is essential, and he's already shown that he can emerge the massive potential of all three players.

De Zerbi at different points of his managerial career propelled:

- Mudryk into an asset that Arsenal were willing to pony up €95m for
- Colwill into a CB prospect with an endless ceiling. Capped for the English senior team already, and an asset that LFC fans were raiding his mothers twitter account asking him not to extend at Chelsea.
- Caicedo into one of the most coveted young ball winners seen in years. He also had him dictating tempo in possession. Another jewel asset that LFC bid £110m for.

Short and sweet, he has a couple of elements to him that make me believe that he's be closer to an Ange/Emery type of figurehead than a Pochettino/Lampard type of appointment.

He has his own definitive doctrine and ideology. He'll do anything to keep hold of the ball. He teaches ball retention, pausa, can create artificial transitions. He's a JDP style of coach that has succeeded in climbing the ranks while being fearless playing his own style of football. He also has the persona of a diplomat.

He's not afraid to drop senior players for more green talents that can adapt to his tactical demands. On the flip side uplifting talents like Dunk, March, Gross and Steele.

Pochettino is a coward, and the CFC community has been led astray. He's built a foundation around running and playing not to lose rather than to win. He starts a 50 year old centerback every week, we sit in a low defensive line. He has Conor Gallagher in the center of the formation, someone that's so bad with the football at his feet that it negates everything that he does in theory to win it.

It's really shameful to be in this position during this part of the season, already. However i'm sensing heavy fundamental coaching flaws and with that anvil of that magnitude handicapped around your leg, you're running an unwinnable race. Seeing how Spurs and Villa are doing is the clearest indicator that bad coaching can make good players look poor.

an example: Aston Villa under Emery are second in the entire division in total wins behind only Pep Guardiola. A lot of people attribute it to a lot of factors, some say it's the braintrust and the scouting network, and I give Villa's entire team a boatload of credit, however besides Pau (who I love), Kamara and Diaby. Most of this core was playing regularly when Villa finished 14th just a few seasons ago. McGinn, Watkins, Cash, Emi Martinez, Konsa, Luiz, Digne etc. A great coach can provide the facelift that a bad coach seeks for in the transfer window.
stormi
General Manager

Post#1942 » by stormi » Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:01 am

So Ornstein has come out and said,

1) Grandpa Silva won't be retained going forward. Wonderful

2) Conor Gallagher is likely to be sold off in the next window or two. Wonderful

3) Mauricio Pochettino has no additional input when it comes to roster construction, and that will be left in the hands of the directors. Wonderful.

The signings they've made from last January onwards, I have full faith in. A coach with progressive tactics and an insistence on technical ability will save the lives of many individuals that are struggling here.

I keep going back to this captured picture of his clipboard.

Did Pochettino tell them we’re only allowed to build up in a U shape where central progression is forbidden? He is quite literally an Argentine Frank Lampard aka maybe the worst manager I have ever seen at this level.

I think Clearlake thought they were getting a leader, and a culture setter to bring squad harmony to the early days of this process. They went for someone that was heavily experienced domestically and had a reputation of elevating young players.

It was all a farce. He's a tactical subhuman. He's a coward. He's a prehistoric coach that should be banished to the championship. Miles worse than someone like Potter who was a brilliant man and coached much better football, but was in a worse situation by not getting a preseason, having a busted roster pre-culling and who was still running teams off the park playing liquid football, with lack of final third quality.

Slot, Alonso, De Zerbi, Motta, Hoeneß, Michel, Alguacil.

A lot of options out there who would take us to the next level.

Pochettino's days are numbered. The fact that he only got a two year deal was telling and the fact that he has no input in terms of roster construction is a sign that he's here until a better option comes available.
stormi
General Manager

Post#1943 » by stormi » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:47 pm

Pochettino is the worst coach in Chelsea history, fullstop.

Read on Twitter

Chilwell LW
Colwill LB
Disasi RB
Gallagher, on the pitch
Sterling, on the pitch
Palmer #9
Enzo SS/LW

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Do you know how much of a terrorist you have to be to make the greatest the sport has ever seen look past it? In Ligue 1 for Christ sake.

Read on Twitter

stormi
General Manager

Post#1944 » by stormi » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:06 am

Was called out by Ten Hag a little while ago before he dropped >4 xG on Poch's head for saying they knew we were exploitable defensively
Read on Twitter

And then a Championship coach read him like a book. Something that's so glaringly obvious to the rest of the world.

Read on Twitter

He's stuck in 2017, I'd reckon a bottom 3 coach in this league tactically. He's built his foundation around a spine of a 70 year old centerback that can't be arsed to run, can't defend a high line and is constantly getting caught in transition. And Conor Gallagher, the worst player technically I have ever seen at this level. I thought he was a championship level midfielder prior to watching him get ran off the field by Boro but now I'm thinking Sunday League.

Shocker we're struggling to break down low blocks with someone with a brain that process at the speed of a Windows 98 computer littered with malware. Doesn't scan. Afraid of the ball. Constantly recycling play. Trampoline touch. Conor Gallagher makes Mason Mount look like prime Zidane in contrast. The directors are trying to clear all of the deadwood that remains from the last regime. Gallagher, Silva, Chilwell, Sterling etc. Pochettino has unfortunately made Conor the CAPTAIN of my beloved football club and with 18 months left on his contract he's refusing a sale. He might even run it all the way down trying to outlast whoever are the key decision makers at the club.

All of this would be a non issue if Pochettino wasn't playing this guy in every situation. Man up, man down, against teams that are sitting back and against aggressive teams playing transition style football. Gallagher has utility as a supersub to see games out, you bring him on to run around and cause chaos and provide legs. The fact that someone of his skilllevel is the first name on the teamsheet weekly is literally self sabotage.

I need Boro to finish us off in second leg and some Marco Rose magic to save my life tomorrow. The briefs are coming more and more regarding the security of Pochettino's job and the heat is ramping up.

A proper JDP manager will change our lives. Arne Slot, De Zerbi, Ruben Amorim, Xabi Alonso

Anyone who comes across this rant, PLEASE watch the compilation below. What an inept, disgrace of a footballer.

Read on Twitter
stormi
General Manager

Post#1945 » by stormi » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:11 am

He wasn't ready to leave Eredivise then, rejected advances from both Tottenham and Chelsea, this summer however. I need you, more than anything in this life. There's a treasure trove worth of footballers and athletic profiles here for a tactical coach to bend to his earthly desires. My hand is out and ready, just grab it and let's build something special together.

Read on Twitter

Slot or De Zerbi who's extremely familiar with Mudryk, Caicedo and Colwill.

MetalFingaz
Starter
And1: 2,800

Post#1946 » by MetalFingaz » Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:43 am

Lampard in then?

I'm impressed with what Poch has done with Enzo and Caicedo...
It's time for 5 refs.
stormi
General Manager

Post#1947 » by stormi » Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:33 pm

MetalFingaz wrote:Lampard in then?

I'm impressed with what Poch has done with Enzo and Caicedo...

The Lampard cameo at the Bridge the other day was quite comical.

He's such a narcissist. No question he's been attentive and aware of the growing "Poch Out" brigade. He was likely, for the purpose of his own self gain, hoping for an unfavorable result so he could weasel his way back into an interim position.

I might run onto the pitch with a device strapped to my chest if he were ever to regain a position of any sort of decision making authority at my football club.
stormi
General Manager

Post#1948 » by stormi » Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:34 am

Little update.

Two best defensive performances of the season have come in the past few weeks.

1) @ Villa Park (Badiashile x Disasi)
2) @ Etihad (Colwill x Disasi)

The old man is so far past it. Thanks for coming on a free in 2021 and helping play a part in that UCL, but it's time for bingo..

Besides that

Read on Twitter

Malo Gusto has added to his hit list. Includes Mitoma, Martinelli, Isak and now Doku Doku Literature Club.

Unbelievable talent at just 20 years of age.

He'll never be Reece James who's an era defining talent, but he looks like a budding star in that position. A counterpart on the left is very much needed. Chilwell, who I'll give credit to for blanketing Foden, is a tactical liability and a press trigger. A LB in the summer is very high on the list.

Lastly, another shameful outing for Pochettino. It's the second time he's squandered points from an advantageous position by turtling and putting 11 defenders on and sitting behind the ball.

He thinks more defensive players on the pitch = better defense, when in reality, surrendering complete control is more conducive to the dam breaking down.

We had them increasing in desperation to score after holding them relatively quiet for the first ~50 minutes and that manager decided to ensure we could no longer attack them in behind by removing all forms of outlet and camping the paint.

We were lucky to scrape away with that point. And frankly, we're not at that stage of our project where the point reigns supreme over the ideal or process. This is a multi-year rebuild and this spineless coward has shown time and time again that he's in way over his head.

Read on Twitter

Own that fraud my king.
MetalFingaz
Starter
And1: 2,800

Post#1949 » by MetalFingaz » Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:48 am

Hey stormi! Glad you called out Malo Gusto. He was massive against City. Doku had hardly a sniff. What a performance. Palmer was also really great, as he has been. Poch's subs were poor, as they have been. I'm of course glad to see Chelsea struggle, but people miss the talent that's in this squad that Poch has failed to unlock consistently.
It's time for 5 refs.
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,264

Post#1950 » by Baseline81 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:01 pm

Chelsea are the first club ever to lose 6 straight domestic cups finals.

❌ 2019 League Cup
❌ 2020 FA Cup
❌ 2021 FA Cup
❌ 2022 League Cup
❌ 2022 FA Cup
❌ 2024 League Cup

Return to The General Soccer Board