Official Arsenal FC Thread 2.0

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

kdawg32086
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 929

Official Arsenal FC Thread 2.0 

Post#1 » by kdawg32086 » Tue May 21, 2013 3:57 pm

Since we have an amazing fan base and hit 100 pages, I figured I would make us a new thread.

Discuss.
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
IronChef
Head Coach
And1: 432

Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread 2.0 

Post#2 » by IronChef » Tue May 21, 2013 4:35 pm

nmabdi28 wrote:I'd agree with all your player reviews , pretty much spot on.

Yeah really excited in crowley and we've yaya sanogo pretty much admitted he's on his way to us this summer hope he can stay healthy and grow as a player we could use in the future.

Iunno how I feel about jack getting the advanced cesc role but I dont mind it really , this season the team looked better with santi in that position and jack staying in the more deep play maker position but I know the cesc position would be better for his career.

Jack will do well further up the pitch. That's where he played most of his youth career (even some on the left wing) and he scored plenty of goals. Wenger treated him just like Cesc when he introduced him to the first team, started him in a deep-lying role before moving him up. Wenger always likes to start them in a slightly different position, give them a different perspective on the game.

Cesc took a while for the goals to come as well, so I'm not worried about that aspect of it. Jack has the class to influence the game with his passing, dribbling, and his shooting (though he hasn't shown much of it yet in the first team). We need that kind of class in the final third more. Plus taking a little less punishment in central midfield might be a good thing for him long term.
Massimo wrote:Arsene wenger for the president.
IronChef
Head Coach

Post#3 » by IronChef » Tue May 21, 2013 4:58 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nClbmwn3dBU&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
Next Coming
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,625

Post#4 » by Next Coming » Tue May 21, 2013 6:33 pm

IronChef
Head Coach

Post#5 » by IronChef » Tue May 21, 2013 7:08 pm

:D

Some of those are pretty funny

Ong_dynasty
Head Coach
And1: 351

Post#6 » by Ong_dynasty » Tue May 21, 2013 7:24 pm

http://eaglesthatlooklikearsenewenger.tumblr.com/

quite funny..

that vid also made me wonder why we never really used arshavin as much, I know he isnt the greatest, but surely he could have provided more end product to putting ramsey outwide or gervinho.
Oh well, hope he restarts his career somewhere.
IronChef
Head Coach

Post#7 » by IronChef » Tue May 21, 2013 11:47 pm

Wonder what will happen with Big Game Bendtner. Finished up his loan spell at Juventus with no goals, and not a single shirt sold. Maybe he'll be willing to take a move to a club more his level now.
IronChef
Head Coach

Post#8 » by IronChef » Tue May 21, 2013 11:51 pm

Ong_dynasty wrote:http://eaglesthatlooklikearsenewenger.tumblr.com/

quite funny..

that vid also made me wonder why we never really used arshavin as much, I know he isnt the greatest, but surely he could have provided more end product to putting ramsey outwide or gervinho.
Oh well, hope he restarts his career somewhere.

Arshavin just seemed to lose confidence. He was great early, but the past two seasons he's looked a bit out of shape, a bit slow. He tries to do too much when he gets the ball, and ends up being wasteful with possession. It's a shame because he's an extremely gifted footballer, and he could have been so much better than he has been. You can see the ability is there, he's scored some brilliant goals (got four at Liverpool), just not the heart.
kdawg32086
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#9 » by kdawg32086 » Wed May 22, 2013 12:55 am

I have a feeling we'll be stuck loaning out Bendtner every year until his contract is up. I don't know why anyone would want to buy him.
kdawg32086
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#10 » by kdawg32086 » Wed May 22, 2013 4:34 am

Rumors going around that we're trying to get Abdi Ibrahim from Man City.
MaliBrah
RealGM
And1: 4,329

Post#11 » by MaliBrah » Wed May 22, 2013 5:41 am

IronChef wrote:
nmabdi28 wrote:I'd agree with all your player reviews , pretty much spot on.

Yeah really excited in crowley and we've yaya sanogo pretty much admitted he's on his way to us this summer hope he can stay healthy and grow as a player we could use in the future.

Iunno how I feel about jack getting the advanced cesc role but I dont mind it really , this season the team looked better with santi in that position and jack staying in the more deep play maker position but I know the cesc position would be better for his career.

Jack will do well further up the pitch. That's where he played most of his youth career (even some on the left wing) and he scored plenty of goals. Wenger treated him just like Cesc when he introduced him to the first team, started him in a deep-lying role before moving him up. Wenger always likes to start them in a slightly different position, give them a different perspective on the game.

Cesc took a while for the goals to come as well, so I'm not worried about that aspect of it. Jack has the class to influence the game with his passing, dribbling, and his shooting (though he hasn't shown much of it yet in the first team). We need that kind of class in the final third more. Plus taking a little less punishment in central midfield might be a good thing for him long term.

yeah you're right , it'll take time I guess , I gotta be patient ahaha , boy is still developing and finding his feet.
MaliBrah
RealGM

Post#12 » by MaliBrah » Wed May 22, 2013 5:41 am

kdawg32086 wrote:Rumors going around that we're trying to get Abdi Ibrahim from Man City.

my name sake!! hope we sign him just so I can buy his kit!
kdawg32086
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#13 » by kdawg32086 » Fri May 24, 2013 4:12 am

I'm not sure if this is a sign of things to come from the first team, but we cleaned house on our U21 squad.

Players leaving:
-Jernade Meade
-Jordan Wynter
-Nigel Neita
-Craig Eastmond
-Sanchez Watt
-Reice Charles-Cook
-Samir Bihmoutine
-Conor Henderson
-Josh Rees
-James Shea
-Zach Fagan
-Martin Angha
-Kyle Ebecilio

I can only hope this means they will make a serious effort to clean house with the first team. Arshavin and Squillaci are definitely gone already. Fabianski is out of contract. I've seen conflicting reports about Denilson. Hopefully we can sell the rest of the garbage...no more of this loan crap.
kdawg32086
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#14 » by kdawg32086 » Fri May 24, 2013 5:23 pm

With Ashley Williams likely coming in, I hope that we keep Vermaelen. I think Koscielny, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, and Williams would be a solid rotation in the middle of that back line and gives us the depth to play EPL, Champions League, FA Cup, and League Cup games without having to raid our U-21 team for able bodies.
IronChef
Head Coach

Post#15 » by IronChef » Fri May 24, 2013 7:25 pm

kdawg32086 wrote:I'm not sure if this is a sign of things to come from the first team, but we cleaned house on our U21 squad.

Players leaving:
-Jernade Meade
-Jordan Wynter
-Nigel Neita
-Craig Eastmond
-Sanchez Watt
-Reice Charles-Cook
-Samir Bihmoutine
-Conor Henderson
-Josh Rees
-James Shea
-Zach Fagan
-Martin Angha
-Kyle Ebecilio

I can only hope this means they will make a serious effort to clean house with the first team. Arshavin and Squillaci are definitely gone already. Fabianski is out of contract. I've seen conflicting reports about Denilson. Hopefully we can sell the rest of the garbage...no more of this loan crap.

Only player there I'm a bit disappointed to see go is Conor Henderson. He seemed to have a bright future and was getting into the first team at 18 a couple years ago before a double leg break. Missed a year, came back, tore something, missed more time. Hopefully he catches on somewhere, great passer and a killer left peg.

Looks like they're making room for all the younger talent coming through. None of those players ever looked like making the first team, really.
IronChef
Head Coach

Post#16 » by IronChef » Fri May 24, 2013 7:27 pm

Looks like Hill-Wood maybe stepping down as chairman, excellent news
kdawg32086
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#17 » by kdawg32086 » Fri May 24, 2013 7:50 pm

I had high hopes for Ebecilio when we first bought him. Figured he would've developed into something special. I was also hoping to see us sell Mannone and bring up Shea as a cheap 3rd keeper. I guess we'll have to use Martinez for that.
IronChef
Head Coach

Post#18 » by IronChef » Fri May 24, 2013 7:54 pm

Yeah, Ebecilio looked like he could be a player, but he's never really lived up to the billing when he arrived.

I was never big on Shea, much prefer Martinez, personally. Vickers looks like he could be a good one, as well.

Angha could develop into a good player. He's certainly got some talent, but he'll need consistent games to get there.
IronChef
Head Coach

Post#19 » by IronChef » Fri May 24, 2013 7:59 pm

kdawg32086 wrote:With Ashley Williams likely coming in, I hope that we keep Vermaelen. I think Koscielny, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, and Williams would be a solid rotation in the middle of that back line and gives us the depth to play EPL, Champions League, FA Cup, and League Cup games without having to raid our U-21 team for able bodies.

I like Williams a lot, hope we bring him in. If we bring him in I could see us offloading Vermaelan though, which I'm not against. It would be hard to find enough games to keep 4 veteran CB's happy, especially since none of them can play anywhere else. Miquel is probably going on loan to Betis next year, from what I hear.
MaliBrah
RealGM

Post#20 » by MaliBrah » Sat May 25, 2013 11:09 pm

when wenger steps down and calls it a career at arsenal I hope klopp is his chosen successor

Return to The General Soccer Board