World Cup Quarter Finals: Brazil vs. Colombia (July 4th)

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

Who will win?

Poll ended at Thu Jul 3, 2014 9:53 pm

Brazil
36%
Colombia
64%

Total votes: 25

TheAdmiral
RealGM
And1: 1,213

Re: World Cup Quarter Finals: Brazil vs. Colombia (July 4th) 

Post#241 » by TheAdmiral » Fri Jul 4, 2014 10:29 pm

At 22, James Rodriguez is 2nd-youngest player to score 6 goals in a World Cup. 17-year-old Pelé did it in 1958.

I'm sure it's not the last we've seen from young Mr. Rodriguez.
D-31 wrote:again..all of u Jordan fans are caught up in his scoring accolades and fail to realize that he was a lousy basketball player.

Jordan never fully understood basketball. He had the lowest basketball IQ of any NBA "superstar" in history.
claudio-br
Sixth Man
And1: 750

Post#242 » by claudio-br » Fri Jul 4, 2014 10:29 pm

MaliBrah wrote:Lol brazil played the whole game so dirty and Columbia just matched it and now neymars hurt. Welp , I hate ScolAri and his style man. So ugly

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkORR2MPrvs[/youtube]
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,161

Post#243 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Fri Jul 4, 2014 10:30 pm

The Regime wrote:Neymar has been hospitalized. Hopefully it's just a precautionary measure...

Just imagine if it was a Brazilian player doing that to the precious James Rodriguez? People here would be asking for lifetime ban and the match points to Colombia.

cgf wrote:Offsides, but the offsides colombian didn't actually touch the ball.

You seem to know enough about football from your posts to know you don't have to touch the ball to be offside. If you participate in any way it's offside. Great call by the ref.
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!
treiz
RealGM
And1: 564

Post#244 » by treiz » Fri Jul 4, 2014 10:30 pm

Oscar is leading the WC in tackles too I believe, hardly a bad tournament for him. He's always been a player that sacrifices himself for his team. So I'm not surprised he gets criticised often when he doesn't show offensively despite two obvious ball hoggers in Hulk and Neymar and a statue up front.
claudio-br
Sixth Man

Post#245 » by claudio-br » Fri Jul 4, 2014 10:31 pm

Point forward wrote:BRA has strong nerves with that offside trap.

actually, I think Colombia got nervous and was getting out of position all the time. even on free kicks they were getting offside all the time
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#246 » by 5DOM » Fri Jul 4, 2014 10:32 pm

TheAdmiral wrote:At 22, James Rodriguez is 2nd-youngest player to score 6 goals in a World Cup. 17-year-old Pelé did it in 1958.

His mouth is Kermit-like
treiz
RealGM
And1: 564

Post#247 » by treiz » Fri Jul 4, 2014 10:35 pm

BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
The Regime wrote:Neymar has been hospitalized. Hopefully it's just a precautionary measure...

Just imagine if it was a Brazilian player doing that to the precious James Rodriguez? People here would be asking for lifetime ban and the match points to Colombia.

What's with the negativity? We are all pretty disappointed that he might miss the game against Germany, we're all hoping that it's nothing too serious. We've all acknowledged that this was a terribly officiated game, and the result of the referee letting so many fouls and yellows go unpunished is this. So if anything blame the referee for not manning up.
Det the Threat
Head Coach
And1: 354

Post#248 » by Det the Threat » Fri Jul 4, 2014 10:36 pm

Well, that's what happens if Refs let players do their thing without handing out any cards.

Though, that's a thing which has happened throughout the whole tournament and technically gifted players have to suffer because of that.
Man of Steel
Lead Assistant
And1: 548

Post#249 » by Man of Steel » Fri Jul 4, 2014 10:50 pm

TheAdmiral wrote:At 22, James Rodriguez is 2nd-youngest player to score 6 goals in a World Cup. 17-year-old Pelé did it in 1958.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe those two (6) and Ronaldo (8) are the only players to score more than 5 goals in a single world cup.

The Regime wrote:James Rodriguez is going to have a monster career. The dude not only has all the physical tools and talent but he just looks like a natural leader and winner. He needs to move to the Premier League asap.

Think he wants a move to Spain if anywhere, but United could use a player like him
Spoiler:
and then send him on to Real after a couple years 8-)
HALA MADRID || GO LEAFS GO || LET'S GO RAPTORS
kdawg32086
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 929

Post#250 » by kdawg32086 » Fri Jul 4, 2014 11:00 pm

Man of Steel wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe those two (6) and Ronaldo (8) are the only players to score more than 5 goals in a single world cup.

Davor Suker...

I thought I remembered commentators hyping up Hristo Stoichkov as being one of the top goal scorers in a single world cup when he was playing in MLS, so he might be in that group too. Not sure if there are any others are in that group too.
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,161

Post#251 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Fri Jul 4, 2014 11:00 pm

treiz wrote:
BRUNiNHO91 wrote:

What's with the negativity? We are all pretty disappointed that he might miss the game against Germany, we're all hoping that it's nothing too serious. We've all acknowledged that this was a terribly officiated game, and the result of the referee letting so many fouls and yellows go unpunished is this. So if anything blame the referee for not manning up.

"We're all'. Yeah I don't think so.

No negativy. Not complaining about the ref either. Complaining about the treatment Neymar gets and James gets on this board. There has been more crying about Cesar getting a red on the penalty(REALLY? SMH) than the guy who broke Neymar into a thousand pieces. If it was any of our players breaking James in half sending him to the hospital without making a play for the ball you really think anybody would have been talking about anything else on here? Everybody would be crying a river for poor little James and what a shame the dirty **** from Brasil possibly ended the Colombian Prince/God/Mixture of Pele and Maradona's World Cup. :noway:
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!
TheAdmiral
RealGM
And1: 1,213

Post#252 » by TheAdmiral » Fri Jul 4, 2014 11:02 pm

Man of Steel wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe those two (6) and Ronaldo (8) are the only players to score more than 5 goals in a single world cup.

Actually, there have been several others who have scored more than 5 goals in a single World Cup.

Link

BRUNiNHO91 wrote: "We're all'. Yeah I don't think so.

No negativy. Not complaining about the ref either. Complaining about the treatment Neymar gets and James gets on this board. There has been more crying about Cesar getting a red on the penalty(REALLY? SMH) than the guy who broke Neymar into a thousand pieces. If it was any of our players breaking James in half sending him to the hospital without making a play for the ball you really think anybody would have been talking about anything else on here? Everybody would be crying a river for poor little James and what a shame the dirty **** from Brasil possibly ended the Colombian Prince/God/Mixture of Pele and Maradona's World Cup. :noway:

Colombia's eliminated anyway. Let's just hope Neymar will be fine and focus on the semifinal match against Germany.
D-31 wrote:again..all of u Jordan fans are caught up in his scoring accolades and fail to realize that he was a lousy basketball player.

Jordan never fully understood basketball. He had the lowest basketball IQ of any NBA "superstar" in history.
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,216

Post#253 » by LLJ » Fri Jul 4, 2014 11:10 pm

TheAdmiral wrote:Anyone else notice the huuuugge grasshopper on Rodriguez's sleeve after his penalty?

Holy ****. I would scream like a girl if I saw that hop onto me.
claudio-br
Sixth Man

Post#254 » by claudio-br » Fri Jul 4, 2014 11:28 pm

LLJ wrote:
TheAdmiral wrote:Anyone else notice the huuuugge grasshopper on Rodriguez's sleeve after his penalty?

Holy ****. I would scream like a girl if I saw that hop onto me.

that's Bernard trying to get on James head
claudio-br
Sixth Man

Post#255 » by claudio-br » Fri Jul 4, 2014 11:29 pm

this grasshopper is way bigger than Valbuena
claudio-br
Sixth Man

Post#256 » by claudio-br » Fri Jul 4, 2014 11:34 pm

OMG NEYMAR IS OUT OF THE WORLD CUP AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH KILL THAT **** THAT HIT HIM
bbms
Analyst
And1: 533

Post#257 » by bbms » Fri Jul 4, 2014 11:35 pm

kdawg32086 wrote:
Man of Steel wrote:

Davor Suker...

I thought I remembered commentators hyping up Hristo Stoichkov as being one of the top goal scorers in a single world cup when he was playing in MLS, so he might be in that group too. Not sure if there are any others are in that group too.

Ademir Menezes, Leonidas da Silva, Gerd Muller and a french guy in 34 or 38 I forgot the name did more too. Davor Suker scored just 5. Pretty sure someone in 94 did that too.

Edit: Kocsis 54, Stabile 30. Eusébio 66. Lato 74. Kempes 78. Rossi 82. Lineker 86. Schilacci 90. Stoichkov and Salenko 94.

The French guy is Justine Fontaine, he scored 13 goals in 1958.
smpalome
Freshman
And1: 11

Post#258 » by smpalome » Fri Jul 4, 2014 11:51 pm

Its official. Brazil's doctor said that Neymar wont be able to play for the rest world cup.
Its a shame....
kdawg32086
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 929

Post#259 » by kdawg32086 » Fri Jul 4, 2014 11:58 pm

bbms wrote:
kdawg32086 wrote:
Man of Steel wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe those two (6) and Ronaldo (8) are the only players to score more than 5 goals in a single world cup.

Davor Suker...

Ademir Menezes, Leonidas da Silva, Gerd Muller and a french guy in 34 or 38 I forgot the name did more too. Davor Suker scored just 5. Pretty sure someone in 94 did that too.

Suker definitely scored 6 in 1998.
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
claudio-br
Sixth Man

Post#260 » by claudio-br » Fri Jul 4, 2014 11:59 pm

Return to The General Soccer Board