Previous Thread: viewtopic.php?f=266&t=1295863&start=1980

Continue the discussion here...
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
MaliBrah
RealGM
And1: 4,365

Re: Transfer Thread 9.0- Brazuca Edition 

Post#2 » by MaliBrah » Tue Jul 1, 2014 3:01 am

bendtner is no longer an arsenal player. He was only a year away from being eligible for a testimonial ffs , stealing money. can't believe he has a scudetto on his resume
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#3 » by and1GS » Tue Jul 1, 2014 3:07 am

To be clear I wouldn't mind Bryan Ruiz for 8m - when I first read the headline, I thought his pricetag was 13m.

Spurs in for Lavezzi as well. He's one tricky mother clucker and great at finishing near the net, but he's 29 and becoming slower by the year...markedly so since he joined PSG. He definitely can't take over matches like he used to, but I'd love to see him on a wing opposite Lamela.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
MaliBrah
RealGM

Post#4 » by MaliBrah » Tue Jul 1, 2014 4:55 am

madrid tryna get hamez and kroos? lol di maria wins them the CL and his spot isn't safe crazy lol
Man of Steel
Lead Assistant
And1: 548

Post#5 » by Man of Steel » Tue Jul 1, 2014 5:06 am

MaliBrah wrote:madrid tryna get hamez and kroos? lol di maria wins them the CL and his spot isn't safe crazy lol

From what I've read he hasn't been very receptive to the generous offers presented to him (upwards of 7 mil per season). James doesn't make much sense as a replacement for Angel though- Cuadrado would probably be ideal with his pace, trickery, and of course work rate.

Reports about Kroos -> Madrid progressing in Spain. A reputable Spanish source saying negotiations between Bayern and Real are done and the deal will be signed as soon as Germany's WC is over.

Surprised not to see the Pogba rumours picking up after his MotM performance today. WC season is generally "link whoever did well to Real Madrid" season.
HALA MADRID || GO LEAFS GO || LET'S GO RAPTORS
MaliBrah
RealGM

Post#6 » by MaliBrah » Tue Jul 1, 2014 5:15 am

Man of Steel wrote:
MaliBrah wrote:madrid tryna get hamez and kroos? lol di maria wins them the CL and his spot isn't safe crazy lol

From what I've read he hasn't been very receptive to the generous offers presented to him (upwards of 7 mil per season). James doesn't make much sense as a replacement for Angel though- Cuadrado would probably be ideal with his pace, trickery, and of course work rate.

Reports about Kroos -> Madrid progressing in Spain. A reputable Spanish source saying negotiations between Bayern and Real are done and the deal will be signed as soon as Germany's WC is over.

Surprised not to see the Pogba rumours picking up after his MotM performance today. WC season is generally "link whoever did well to Real Madrid" season.

hope madrid sign pogba , I don't want to see him in the EPL at chelsea for obvious reasons lool.

james has been playing all over for columbia in the world cup no? can maybe play that attacking midfielder role angel played towards the end of the season no? kroos to be the xabi replacement? where are your players going to get games? still have illara and isco to give matches too as well no?
Man of Steel
Lead Assistant
And1: 548

Post#7 » by Man of Steel » Tue Jul 1, 2014 5:24 am

MaliBrah wrote:hope madrid sign pogba , I don't want to see him in the EPL at chelsea for obvious reasons lool.

james has been playing all over for columbia in the world cup no? can maybe play that attacking midfielder role angel played towards the end of the season no? kroos to be the xabi replacement? where are your players going to get games? still have illara and isco to give matches too as well no?

Pogba's the player I want most for our midfield as well.

James is one of those guys that can play anywhere up on the field- a lot like Jesé. He's even played striker for Colombia but he excels on the left wing drifting in or as a CAM. Doubt we'd bring him now if all he's doing is providing depth in case Cristiano or Bale get injured, and we don't field a CAM, but if we did I'm sure Isco would have that spot locked down.

Kroos is an interesting move because we could get him for cheap right now and flip him for a lot more in a year or two. CFC were willing to give him 8M a year and United and Barca were also interested, so he has his fair share of suitors. I don't think he has (or will ever have tbh) the defensive focus to be a Xabi replacement though; he's thrived most under Heynckes when he was given a very free role in midfield (both at Leverkusen as well as Bayern afaik). Our midfield has more than enough going forward with Di Maria, Isco, and Modric, as well as our wingers; we need a strong positional/defensive player. Alonso won't be able to play more than 1/2 our games next season, and Illarramendi isn't really the Xabi-replacement we thought he would be- not yet any way. Porto have offered to take him on loan for next season and I suspect we'll take them up on that offer if we can find a quality DM to fill out the squad.
HALA MADRID || GO LEAFS GO || LET'S GO RAPTORS
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,642

Post#8 » by Baphomet » Tue Jul 1, 2014 6:00 am

and1GS wrote:To be clear I wouldn't mind Bryan Ruiz for 8m - when I first read the headline, I thought his pricetag was 13m.

Spurs in for Lavezzi as well. He's one tricky mother clucker and great at finishing near the net, but he's 29 and becoming slower by the year...markedly so since he joined PSG. He definitely can't take over matches like he used to, but I'd love to see him on a wing opposite Lamela.

I really wanted Lavezzi at Spurs before he joined PSG, but I haven't watched him much since then. If he could be had at good value, I say we should go for it. Rafa Van der Vaart was no spring chicken when we signed him, but he was our standout player for 2 straight years in a team that featured Modric playing some of the best football of his career, and an emerging Bale.
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,235

Post#9 » by EArl » Tue Jul 1, 2014 8:30 am

looks like Suarez to Barca is going to happen. I much rather improve our defense since Puyol is gone and Alves and Pique have been playing like ****.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
Ted Lasso
General Manager
And1: 1,214

Post#10 » by Ted Lasso » Tue Jul 1, 2014 8:53 am

MaliBrah wrote:hope madrid sign pogba , I don't want to see him in the EPL at chelsea for obvious reasons lool.

City should try to sign him. What a way to stick it to United and replace Yaya.
Matty
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#11 » by Matty » Tue Jul 1, 2014 9:34 am

Vidal to united this time looks as good as ever.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,468

Post#12 » by Foye » Tue Jul 1, 2014 10:27 am

Matty wrote:Vidal to united this time looks as good as ever.

Until he realizes United doesnt play CL lol.
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#13 » by 5DOM » Tue Jul 1, 2014 11:03 am

Caroll
Downing-Lallana-Milner
Jones-Henderson
Shaw-Lescott-Smalling-Johnson
Gordon

Over £200M
Ted Lasso
General Manager
And1: 1,214

Post#14 » by Ted Lasso » Tue Jul 1, 2014 12:02 pm

5DOM wrote:Caroll
Downing-Lallana-Milner
Jones-Henderson
Shaw-Lescott-Smalling-Johnson
Gordon

Over £200M

Smalling was actually quite cheap. I'm sure we could pull Jones and Milner back and throw Ashley Young in there.
MaliBrah
RealGM

Post#15 » by MaliBrah » Tue Jul 1, 2014 1:41 pm

Ted Lasso wrote:

City should try to sign him. What a way to stick it to United and replace Yaya.

Yeah he would be just perfect for them. And they would laugh at united till the end of time lol
TheAdmiral
RealGM
And1: 1,213

Post#16 » by TheAdmiral » Tue Jul 1, 2014 3:14 pm

Man of Steel wrote:Alonso won't be able to play more than 1/2 our games next season, and Illarramendi isn't really the Xabi-replacement we thought he would be- not yet any way.

Can you actually blame him for failing to fill Alonso's role though? Remember, it will take getting used to for whomever will ultimately replace Xabi within the same system; he plays a huge role on both defense and attack.

Illarramendi doesn't have the same feel (yet) to dish out those passes Xabi's capable of, and on the defensive side of things, he will have to improve his positioning in particular as he's often looked lost defensively.
D-31 wrote:again..all of u Jordan fans are caught up in his scoring accolades and fail to realize that he was a lousy basketball player.

Jordan never fully understood basketball. He had the lowest basketball IQ of any NBA "superstar" in history.
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#17 » by 5DOM » Tue Jul 1, 2014 4:10 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/chelseafc/status/484005330213670912[/tweet]

At last
IronChef
Head Coach
And1: 432

Post#18 » by IronChef » Tue Jul 1, 2014 5:01 pm

**** Marin tweeted Arsenal are close to signing Debuchy and Sanchez. Would rather Aurier than Debuchy, tbh. No ACON is a bonus though, I guess.
Massimo wrote:Arsene wenger for the president.
MaliBrah
RealGM

Post#19 » by MaliBrah » Tue Jul 1, 2014 5:09 pm

french reporters have been saying debuchy and morgan are close to signing for arsenal

not the biggest supporter of debuchy meh , he's 29 too. Guessing they have faith in bellerin or jenkinson to become something lol.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Post#20 » by El Turco » Tue Jul 1, 2014 5:12 pm

why not buy em both? debuchy can play some midfield as well so he would be a good depth player while aurier gets used to epl
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.

Return to The General Soccer Board