Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,924

Re: 2014 

Post#1721 » by cgf » Sun Feb 8, 2015 3:45 am

It all comes down to how loose BVB will play for me. If they don't blow the momentum they gained today in their next match, then they should be really at ease going into the Juve match out of the relegation spots and back on european soil. If that's the case and they don't pick up any new injuries I just don't see that Juve defense holding up, nor do I see Tevez and co doing too much damage against Hummels and that defense.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
DD12
Assistant Coach
And1: 953

Post#1722 » by DD12 » Sun Feb 8, 2015 4:36 am

You don't see Juve doing too much damage????

Dude, Dortmund was at the last position in the league until today. Even Halil **** moron Altintop destroyed their defense last week.

How come Juve cannot with Llorente, Tevez, Marchisio, Pirlo, Pogba etc.
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#1723 » by truth18 » Sun Feb 8, 2015 4:53 am

Maybe he is joking? Idk

At this point I'm expecting a bad loss. More focused on the Bundesliga and my sig bet (Chelsea-PSG) with cgf honestly.
DD12
Assistant Coach

Post#1724 » by DD12 » Sun Feb 8, 2015 5:01 am

truth18 wrote:Maybe he is joking? Idk

At this point I'm expecting a bad loss. More focused on the Bundesliga and my sig bet (Chelsea-PSG) with cgf honestly.

if you knew cgf a little bit, you would know he is not joking.
This is his real-honest opinion.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Post#1725 » by El Turco » Sun Feb 8, 2015 9:33 am

remember how dortmund was going to challange bayern for the title this year
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,457

AW: Re: 2014 

Post#1726 » by Foye » Sun Feb 8, 2015 11:30 am

El Turco wrote:remember how dortmund was going to challange bayern for the title this year

remember how gala was going to challenge dortmund and arsenal in the group stage this year

Sent from my GT-I9001 using RealGM Forums mobile app
cgf
RealGM

Post#1727 » by cgf » Sun Feb 8, 2015 2:56 pm

DD12 wrote:You don't see Juve doing too much damage????

Dude, Dortmund was at the last position in the league until today. Even Halil **** moron Altintop destroyed their defense last week.

I know english isn't your first language either, but stumbling through a couple defenders once in a match is not destroying a defense, even in you're imaginary world. It's a defense **** up once. If it was as you say, the Juve defense gets destroyed every other week at least. As is it was just one bad play in the whole match, and juve may also be lucky enough to have that happen for them, but one defensive screw up isn't too much damage, especially given what Auba and Reus will do to that weaker Juve backline.

But the reason I have doubts about Juve's ability to do too much damage is watching the two teams. BVB's backline, since Hummels returned, hasn't been why they were where they were in teh table. Their finishing in the league and in ability to sustain their play through the final 30 minutes are why they slumped to the bottom of the table. The finishing in the CL hasn't been a problem and now that they've got more bodies back and that winterbreak they're also not running on fumes to fade in the final 30.

El Turco wrote:remember how dortmund was going to challange bayern for the title this year

Remember how that was based on their having depth to stay fresh this season? Or how that depth all got injured to prevent them from staying fresh and instead forcing them to overuse the healthy players so they were running on empty?
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

cgf
RealGM

Re: AW: Re: 2014 

Post#1728 » by cgf » Sun Feb 8, 2015 3:02 pm

Foye wrote:

remember how gala was going to challenge dortmund and arsenal in the group stage this year

Oh come now, we all know massi doesn't actually believe any of the silly things he's said about Gala. He knows just as well as we all do that they're an insignificant team who peaked when they climbed out of their group over that one italian club last season, and won't ever win anything of note again.

EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,231

Post#1729 » by EArl » Sun Feb 8, 2015 3:38 pm

InsertRonaldodribblingthrough3Galaplayers andscoringgif
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
El Turco

Post#1730 » by El Turco » Sun Feb 8, 2015 3:43 pm

cgf wrote:
Remember how that was based on their having depth to stay fresh this season? Or how that depth all got injured to prevent them from staying fresh and instead forcing them to overuse the healthy players so they were running on empty?

yeah sure, depth is the difference between 1st and 18th place. all cordoba needs is some depth to challenge la liga, burnley is a champions league team with some "depth". bayern had injuries as well, luckily they have rest of the bundesliga to use as "depth"

El Turco

Re: AW: Re: 2014 

Post#1731 » by El Turco » Sun Feb 8, 2015 3:44 pm

cgf wrote:
Foye wrote:

Oh come now, we all know massi doesn't actually believe any of the silly things he's said about Gala. He knows just as well as we all do that they're an insignificant team who peaked when they climbed out of their group over that one italian club last season, and won't ever win anything of note again.

actually they peaked when they beat that one german team and got to the quarters two years ago 8-)

cgf
RealGM

Post#1732 » by cgf » Sun Feb 8, 2015 4:24 pm

El Turco wrote:
cgf wrote:

yeah sure, depth is the difference between 1st and 18th place. all cordoba needs is some depth to challenge la liga, burnley is a champions league team with some "depth". bayern had injuries as well, luckily they have rest of the bundesliga to use as "depth"

I mean it is. But I understand why that's difficult to grasp for people who haven't been paying attention.

Man of Steel
Lead Assistant
And1: 548

Post#1733 » by Man of Steel » Sun Feb 8, 2015 4:34 pm

Really boils down to two things.

Dortmund, barring more injuries, have enough quality in their side to surprise Juve. Even considering their abysmal league performances, only a fool would doubt that. Writing them off completely is a mistake.

If Juve take them seriously, they are the better side. The Bundesliga is obviously more of a challenge, but Juve have taken care of business because they have the quality and are better at each individual position and as a team right now.
HALA MADRID || GO LEAFS GO || LET'S GO RAPTORS
DD12
Assistant Coach

Post#1734 » by DD12 » Sun Feb 8, 2015 5:14 pm

cgf wrote:
DD12 wrote:You don't see Juve doing too much damage????

I know english isn't your first language either, but stumbling through a couple defenders once in a match is not destroying a defense, even in you're imaginary world. It's a defense **** up once. If it was as you say, the Juve defense gets destroyed every other week at least. As is it was just one bad play in the whole match, and juve may also be lucky enough to have that happen for them, but one defensive screw up isn't too much damage, especially given what Auba and Reus will do to that weaker Juve backline.

But the reason I have doubts about Juve's ability to do too much damage is watching the two teams. BVB's backline, since Hummels returned, hasn't been why they were where they were in teh table. Their finishing in the league and in ability to sustain their play through the final 30 minutes are why they slumped to the bottom of the table. The finishing in the CL hasn't been a problem and now that they've got more bodies back and that winterbreak they're also not running on fumes to fade in the final 30.

What are you mumbling my man? I am talking about being the last position in standings. It is not like they were 7th or 11th. Literally, it was 18th. You are still telling me it was a stumbling, luck etc.

They were 18th for a reason. It has been around 20 games in Bundesliga. They suck at defense no matter if they have Hummels, Subotic etc etc.

Match-up is still 50-50. But you are extremely biased on Dortmund. It was a joke even when you were saying Dortmund was going to challenge the Bayern. Even if they were healthy, it wasn't an option. Even if Dortmund has Messi or C.Ronaldo, they have/had 0 chance against Bayern this year.
cgf
RealGM

Post#1735 » by cgf » Sun Feb 8, 2015 5:53 pm

You really do love to adamantly state things you are wrong and ignorant about. Their defense hasn't been the problem since Hummels returned. But keep repeating whatever makes you feel better about the worst team in germany beating your club like a redheaded stepchild in the group stages.

DD12
Assistant Coach

Post#1736 » by DD12 » Sun Feb 8, 2015 6:40 pm

cgf wrote:You really do love to adamantly state things you are wrong and ignorant about. Their defense hasn't been the problem since Hummels returned. But keep repeating whatever makes you feel better about the worst team in germany beating your club like a redheaded stepchild in the group stages.

Who said Gala is so good this season?
Dortmund of course is a better team than Gala this season. They deservedly destroyed us.
But this is not what we are talking about now.
Their defense is so good but still losing until this week.
Whatever you are smoking, give it to me man. I wanna have the same thing.
truth18
RealGM

Post#1737 » by truth18 » Sun Feb 8, 2015 6:47 pm

Lol cgf. Your 10,000th post was not up to your usual standard.

We're just a mentally weak team right now. The back line may look better, but honestly, Hummels doesn't even look fully fit. We're going to lose and focus on not get relegated
YOU LOSE
Man of Steel
Lead Assistant
And1: 548

Post#1738 » by Man of Steel » Sun Feb 8, 2015 6:49 pm

cgf wrote: like a redheaded stepchild in the group stages.

:lol:
HALA MADRID || GO LEAFS GO || LET'S GO RAPTORS
truth18
RealGM

Post#1739 » by truth18 » Sun Feb 8, 2015 7:26 pm

Nigel Pearson fired supposedly?
YOU LOSE
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,117

Post#1740 » by magik9113 » Sun Feb 8, 2015 9:43 pm

i am confused as to who is cgf and who is Massimo. I'm confused, very confused.

Allow me to set everything straight:
Pogba is just an average player...will turn out to be Las Diarra at best. We can't blame Dortmund for being at the bottom of the table because the Bundesliga is just that good. Hummels is God incarnate. Reus, as he so often does, will handle Juventus and every other team that they end up facing all by himself.

Return to The General Soccer Board