Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Re: Official Manchester United FC Thread 

Post#721 » by HIF » Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:59 am

AK47MVP wrote:
Wisky4life wrote: Erickson for freeRealGM mobile app

Who is Erickson? :banghead: ... damn, man two spelling mistakes in a simple name? ERIKSEN!

Ericzen
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,278

Post#722 » by Shaazzam » Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:16 pm

Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#723 » by Shaazzam » Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:46 pm

I know HIF likes Bailly, but from watching the highlights so far Bailly looks like he's ready to throw down and fight for minutes. I like the dude, he's tough and has made some moves that have led to some goals so far. Hope he can stay healthy.

And I'm curious to see where Martinez is going to line-up, is he gonna play at the back or as a CDM? Would it make sense at all if De Jong comes to have him and Bruno play in front of Martinez in midfield?
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,626

Post#724 » by Baphomet » Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:07 pm

Shaazzam wrote:I know HIF likes Bailly, but from watching the highlights so far Bailly looks like he's ready to throw down and fight for minutes. I like the dude, he's tough and has made some moves that have led to some goals so far. Hope he can stay healthy.

And I'm curious to see where Martinez is going to line-up, is he gonna play at the back or as a CDM? Would it make sense at all if De Jong comes to have him and Bruno play in front of Martinez in midfield?

Yeah, unfortunately the story with Bailly has never been about his quality. He's shown that he's capable of being Man United's best defender if he can stay healthy, but that's a big if. Every time it looks like he's turning a corner and starting to show his true ability, he gets a serious injury and then when he returns, he's clearly slower and needs even more time to return to full fitness.

I think Lisandro Martinez will play in defence. Ten Hag said recently that they're still looking to sign a holding midfielder with the attributes he desires, which suggests to me that he sees Martinez primarily as a CB that can cover injuries at DM or start there in cup fixtures.

That's purely speculative, though, and not based on any hard data.
HIF
RealGM

Post#725 » by HIF » Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:03 pm

Shaazzam wrote:I know HIF likes Bailly, but from watching the highlights so far Bailly looks like he's ready to throw down and fight for minutes. I like the dude, he's tough and has made some moves that have led to some goals so far. Hope he can stay healthy.

I've read that if De jong doesn't join Man U which is quite possible you're going in for Youri Tielemans. I hope he signs another 5 years with us but I think he'd move you back to a high level. He's the type of Midfielder you've missed in recent years. The man Pogba should have been :-).

Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#726 » by Shaazzam » Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:28 pm

HIF wrote:

I've read that if De jong doesn't join Man U which is quite possible you're going in for Youri Tielemans. I hope he signs another 5 years with us but I think he'd move you back to a high level. He's the type of Midfielder you've missed in recent years. The man Pogba should have been :-).

Yeah, I like Tielemans quite a bit. Always a big part of your midfield schooling ours.
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#727 » by Shaazzam » Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:09 pm

Fred with a savage kick and stomp for the red today lol. Prolly payback from playing Atleti last year. Sweet goal by Felix though, dude is so class.
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#728 » by Shaazzam » Tue Sep 6, 2022 1:54 pm

4 wins on the trot
still lots of things to improve on but getting some results
adding Antony further illustrated how almost useless Elanga has been so far
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
Wisky4life
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,073

Post#729 » by Wisky4life » Wed Sep 7, 2022 12:11 am

I have actually been enjoying watching the matches again. I actually will smile when they score a goal. Hopefully they have turned a corner now.

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
“We’re going to turn this team around 360 degrees.” –Jason Kidd
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,495

Post#730 » by GoSixersBro » Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:49 pm

This Ronaldo debacle is depressing. This is not how one of our club legends should be remembered at the tail end of his career. It's just unfortunate.

The sad truth is we should have never re-signed him. Listen, I was over the moon when we did, but our priorities were all out of whack. Ole was still manager. Glazers probably just wanted an even greater influx of shirt sales, but adding Ronaldo did not match our timeline, even before the manager switch. Truth is, we probably just did it to prevent City from doing so, and now look. They have Haaland.

I am kind of looking forward to the winter transfer window to let Cristiano move on. I am not here to defend his behavior, especially leaving OT yesterday, but it's just a reunion that should have never happened.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#731 » by Shaazzam » Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:17 pm

Only Ronaldo controls how he behaves and he knows the impact of his actions. I hope Ten Hag metes out all the necessary discipline. And if he gets sent home for good, so be it. Becks got the hair dryer, Ronaldo can get detention.

Second time he did this! Cya CR7, love you but you have to go. And for all his ex-teammates in the press that may want to support him, **** off. He is a legend, but if he wants respect, he has to give respect. And he disrespected everyone.

And **** lol Fred. Get's the deflection winner.
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
AK47MVP
Starter
And1: 1,592

Post#732 » by AK47MVP » Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:25 pm

Shaazzam wrote:And **** lol Fred. Get's the deflection winner.

Yeah, such a tame and terrible shot and yet got lucky bounce :lol: :lol: :lol:
RiderJake
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#733 » by RiderJake » Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:18 am

GoSixersBro wrote:This Ronaldo debacle is depressing. This is not how one of our club legends should be remembered at the tail end of his career. It's just unfortunate.

The sad truth is we should have never re-signed him. Listen, I was over the moon when we did, but our priorities were all out of whack. Ole was still manager. Glazers probably just wanted an even greater influx of shirt sales, but adding Ronaldo did not match our timeline, even before the manager switch. Truth is, we probably just did it to prevent City from doing so, and now look. They have Haaland.

I am kind of looking forward to the winter transfer window to let Cristiano move on. I am not here to defend his behavior, especially leaving OT yesterday, but it's just a reunion that should have never happened.

With all due respect to Ronaldo. Many players for some reason cannot leave beautifully at the peak of their fame. With his money, he could have been running some kind of business. Apparently a passion for the game....
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#734 » by Shaazzam » Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:56 pm

CR7 is out... let's sign Jonathan David!
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,626

Post#735 » by Baphomet » Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:21 pm

Massive news, Glazers are preparing to sell the club.

Read on Twitter

AK47MVP
Starter
And1: 1,592

Post#736 » by AK47MVP » Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:09 pm

Glad this Ronaldo drama is over and they can focus on football now.
ZoLo
Senior
And1: 305

Post#737 » by ZoLo » Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:28 pm

Huge news for United fans.
That CR7 buyout probably hurt a lot. Also the drama put pressure on the family to finally invest in infrastructure and the youth academy network, to keep up with City in the long run. And investing into the future of a football club and not getting immediate returns seems like a silly idea for businessmen like the Glazers.
baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,387

Post#738 » by baldur » Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:08 pm

this is the first time I am seeing that a footballer is a more prominent name, more robust than the club itself.
Mamba81p
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,205

Post#739 » by Mamba81p » Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:33 pm

ZoLo wrote:Huge news for United fans.
That CR7 buyout probably hurt a lot. Also the drama put pressure on the family to finally invest in infrastructure and the youth academy network, to keep up with City in the long run. And investing into the future of a football club and not getting immediate returns seems like a silly idea for businessmen like the Glazers.

I don't think it's a coincidence that both Liverpool and Man U are for sale. Tough times are coming economically, and TV rights domestically were already declining/peaking anyway in Europe. Throw in a recession and things might get ugly.
I think it is a good time to cash in.
HIF
RealGM

Post#740 » by HIF » Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:01 am

Mamba81p wrote:
ZoLo wrote:Huge news for United fans.

I don't think it's a coincidence that both Liverpool and Man U are for sale. Tough times are coming economically, and TV rights domestically were already declining/peaking anyway in Europe. Throw in a recession and things might get ugly.
I think it is a good time to cash in.

I don't think it's a coincidence that both Liverpool and Man U are American owned. The ownership has nothing to do with sport/football but simply to do with profit. The sooner this type of owner leaves the sport the better for football and the true fan of the sport as opposed to those fans who just need to be associated with "winning". As for TV rights, I don't think that's true, plenty of money coming in (same with shirt sales).

Sadly I think profiteers will continue and be the death of the sport at the highest level.

Return to The General Soccer Board