Post#41 » by Next Coming » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:55 pm

Discussing LFC sponsorships in United's thread yuno. #slavaisdead
bryant08
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 27

Re: Official Manchester United FC Thread 

Post#42 » by bryant08 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:57 pm

Haven't seen anything to suggest the United-Adidas deal is linked to performance yet, actually saw the figure quoted as a "minimum guarantee".

Carrick apparently out for 10 weeks with an ankle injury and LVG saying he'll take 3-4 weeks evaluating the squad prior to making any signings. Ando to the rescue :noway:?
Matty
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#43 » by Matty » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:29 am

Another preseason W under Van Gaal, but what a shot by Pjanic.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfHDIpVfGd4[/youtube]
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#44 » by and1GS » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:11 am

GMgoran wrote:
Next Coming wrote:We just signed a 4 year deal with Warrior yuno but if Nike pays us that gwap we should cancel that contract.

We have signed the "Warrior" deal in 2012, and it is a 6-year deal ... The good thing about the deal is that it is not performance related, so we will get the £25 million per year from "Warrior" regardless of our performances ... However, the best part of the deal is that we have full control of all non-branded merchandising (products outside the usual kit range), and we are also free to open club stores wherever we choose ... According to the financial reports, we generate another £25-30 million per year from the non-branded merchandising and from the club stores ... Of course, a big company like "NIke" or "Adidas" would never agree to such a deal ... The only reason why we've got such a deal with "Warrior" was because they needed the LFC brand to promote them as a new company in the football market ...

The downside of course is that you're sponsored by a quidditch company. Or lacrosse, same ****.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums mobile app
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
GMgoran
Banned User
And1: 206

Post#45 » by GMgoran » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:26 pm

and1GS wrote:
GMgoran wrote:
Next Coming wrote:We just signed a 4 year deal with Warrior yuno but if Nike pays us that gwap we should cancel that contract.

We have signed the "Warrior" deal in 2012, and it is a 6-year deal ... The good thing about the deal is that it is not performance related, so we will get the £25 million per year from "Warrior" regardless of our performances ... However, the best part of the deal is that we have full control of all non-branded merchandising (products outside the usual kit range), and we are also free to open club stores wherever we choose ... According to the financial reports, we generate another £25-30 million per year from the non-branded merchandising and from the club stores ... Of course, a big company like "NIke" or "Adidas" would never agree to such a deal ... The only reason why we've got such a deal with "Warrior" was because they needed the LFC brand to promote them as a new company in the football market ...

The downside of course is that you're sponsored by a quidditch company. Or lacrosse, same ****.

Personally, I couldn't care less about what company is our kit maker, as long as we are getting good money from the deal ... Like I have said above, out kit deal with "Warrior" is allowing us to earn £50-55 million per year, so it is a great deal for us ...
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,351

Post#46 » by Shaazzam » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:45 pm

So it looks like cleverly is still ****. Can't wait to ship his ass out. Still pissed that we went with that idiot over pogba.
Did rvp make the tour?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
MaliBrah
RealGM
And1: 4,372

Post#47 » by MaliBrah » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:46 pm

Shaazzam wrote:So it looks like cleverly is still ****. Can't wait to ship his ass out. Still pissed that we went with that idiot over pogba.
Did rvp make the tour?

no , he made it to the last round of the world cup with the third place match so he probably isn't expected back with united until the 10th or around that.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#48 » by Shaazzam » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:40 pm

MaliBrah wrote:
Shaazzam wrote:So it looks like cleverly is still ****. Can't wait to ship his ass out. Still pissed that we went with that idiot over pogba.
Did rvp make the tour?

no , he made it to the last round of the world cup with the third place match so he probably isn't expected back with united until the 10th or around that.

thanks, thats what i figured
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
Matty
General Manager

Post#49 » by Matty » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:14 pm

Cleverly's form was crappy last season, and quite frankly he's not a playmaker and he doesn't have the size to be a holding midfielder so I never understand what his role is out there sometimes. He doesn't have a single attribute that makes him standout. quite average. Same goes for welbeck.
Matty
General Manager

Post#50 » by Matty » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:51 pm

I hope we ship Fellaini to Napoli, he just doesn't fit in with the team's plans.
Boognish
RealGM
And1: 16,738

Post#51 » by Boognish » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:03 pm

Matty wrote:Cleverly's form was crappy last season, and quite frankly he's not a playmaker and he doesn't have the size to be a holding midfielder so I never understand what his role is out there sometimes. He doesn't have a single attribute that makes him standout. quite average. Same goes for welbeck.

Agree that Cleverly is crap. If Carrick or Herrera go down right now, looking at Cleverly/Fletcher/Fellaini, holy wow.

Fletcher had a nice controlled, consistent end of the season and has looked fine in preseason - he could be decent cover at CM.

Welbeck could excel this season with another forward place to compete for. If van Gaal sticks with two forwards, it's Welbeck/Chicharito/James Wilson after RvP/Rooney. He scores when he plays through the middle. He's been stuck on the bench or LW for years and taken his chances when they've come.
Matty
General Manager

Post#52 » by Matty » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:11 pm

Boognish wrote:
Matty wrote:Cleverly's form was crappy last season, and quite frankly he's not a playmaker and he doesn't have the size to be a holding midfielder so I never understand what his role is out there sometimes. He doesn't have a single attribute that makes him standout. quite average. Same goes for welbeck.

Agree that Cleverly is crap. If Carrick or Herrera go down right now, looking at Cleverly/Fletcher/Fellaini, holy wow.

Fletcher had a nice controlled, consistent end of the season and has looked fine in preseason - he could be decent cover at CM.

Welbeck could excel this season with another forward place to compete for. If van Gaal sticks with two forwards, it's Welbeck/Chicharito/James Wilson after RvP/Rooney. He scores when he plays through the middle. He's been stuck on the bench or LW for years and taken his chances when they've come.

It's looks like Van Gaal will stick with a similar Dutch formation of 3-5-2 which means more time for guys like Chicarito and Welbeck. But it is too much to ask for more clinical finishing and dribbling in the box? He has speed and can run thru channels but that's about it with him.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#53 » by Shaazzam » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:18 pm

i finally watch one of the preseason games and i get no goals :(
5/5 on penalties, that was impressive though
and ashley young actually had a good game... shocking
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
GMgoran
Banned User

Post#54 » by GMgoran » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:56 pm

As suggested couple of weeks ago ...

GMgoran wrote:
5DOM wrote:£70M a year with Adidas. £70M!!!!

Actually, it is £750 million for 10 years, but as always, it depends on the conditions of the deal ... Man Utd are still a big brand, but I won't be surprised if a large portion of those £75 million per season are conditioned by success on the pitch ...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RobHarris/status/494600739604668416[/tweet]
GMgoran
Banned User

Post#55 » by GMgoran » Sat Aug 2, 2014 5:08 pm

"Van Gaal: Maybe we don't need new signings"

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/pre ... --sow.html
Matty
General Manager

Post#56 » by Matty » Sat Aug 2, 2014 9:59 pm

I really like what I saw from Jese Lingard and Micheal Keane vs Real Madrid, hopefully we see more of them.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#57 » by Shaazzam » Sat Aug 2, 2014 10:04 pm

Wasn't it keane who kept getting worked by bale?

Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
kdawg32086
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 930

Post#58 » by kdawg32086 » Sat Aug 2, 2014 10:19 pm

All time record for most US fans to watch a soccer match live today with Man U vs. Real Madrid. Pretty impressive.
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
Matty
General Manager

Post#59 » by Matty » Sat Aug 2, 2014 10:56 pm

Shaazzam wrote:Wasn't it keane who kept getting worked by bale?

Lets be fair, who doesn't get worked up by Bale nowadays. For the most part he denied alot of Real's thru channel passing, and he had very good pace pushing the ball forward as a defender. Reminded me of Phil Jones in his first season with united.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#60 » by Shaazzam » Tue Aug 5, 2014 3:37 am

Ahh, beating Liverpool for a trophy. For one day all was right in the world.
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone

Return to The General Soccer Board