Official Real Madrid CF Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Re: Official Real Madrid CF Thread 

Post#141 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:13 pm

Ronaldo will be out for awhile too due to injury...
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
sleepyvato
Suns Forum Tank Advocate
And1: 516

Post#142 » by sleepyvato » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:34 pm

I think Ronaldo's out from 4 to 6 weeeks, I hope we don't rush him back until he's 100% ready to go for next season.
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,659

Post#143 » by Baphomet » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:37 pm

Hopefully Madrid's early fixtures won't be too taxing if Ronaldo's out for a while. It would suck for him to miss out on El Clasico or Atleti through injury.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#144 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:49 pm

El Clasico is usually in November right? i think he'll be fine by then.
The ModFather

J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,264

Post#145 » by J-Mezzy » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:44 am

I'm thinking of going to a couple of the preseason games, but I don't think it's worth it since they play a lot of bench guys
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
sleepyvato
Suns Forum Tank Advocate

Post#146 » by sleepyvato » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:30 pm

Real Madrid's La Liga schedule for next season:

J-Mezzy
RealGM

Post#147 » by J-Mezzy » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:31 pm

Tough Final stretch. League over CL for me this year
sleepyvato
Suns Forum Tank Advocate

Post#148 » by sleepyvato » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:56 pm

I agree, it's about time Real Madrid focus mainly on winning La Liga although I won't complain if we win the CL again. lol
sleepyvato
Suns Forum Tank Advocate

Post#149 » by sleepyvato » Mon Aug 8, 2016 4:54 pm

Asensio will replace Jese who's gone to PSG and will stay with the squad for the coming season. Ødegaard as well as Mariano will go on loan and as for Llorente, well it remains to be seen what we do with him. I personally hope we keep him because I believe he's a good backup for Casemiro and it's pretty clear at this point that we aren't signing anyone this summer.
sleepyvato
Suns Forum Tank Advocate

Post#150 » by sleepyvato » Tue Aug 9, 2016 10:00 pm

Champions of the UEFA Super Cup! Great to see the boys fight back after being down a goal to end up winning the game in extra time.

Ramos what a great captain he is, always scoring in important finals. Props to Asensio for showing why he's one of the most talented young players out there with his golazo from long range. Dani proving once again why he's arguably the best RB in the world with his great performance and solo run to score the winner. Also it was nice to see James play well again and work for the team on offense as well as defense. On to the regular season! :D
J-Mezzy
RealGM

Post#151 » by J-Mezzy » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:06 am

Great to see the team fight back. I think the league is a realistic option this season
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#152 » by Baphomet » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:39 pm

Do you guys think Isco will be leaving? Hard to believe the lad is still only 24, he has a big future, but I don't see it coming to fruition at Real, personally.
sleepyvato
Suns Forum Tank Advocate

Post#153 » by sleepyvato » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:23 pm

Baphomet wrote:Do you guys think Isco will be leaving? Hard to believe the lad is still only 24, he has a big future, but I don't see it coming to fruition at Real, personally.

Nope, at least not this summer.

Every year there are rumors of him leaving and every year his agent(who is also his father) comes out to deny such rumors, in the end nothing happens. Same thing this year, his agent recently came out and said that Isco not interested in joining any other club, that the only thing he is interested in, is continuing his career at Real Madrid. He also said that Isco wants to extend his contract soon, since it ends in 2018. I honestly believe Isco has accepted his role as being the first player off the bench and wants to stay not just because he loves it in Madrid but also because he gets to play under his idol in Zidane(who is also the man that convinced him to join us instead of City with one phone call). Another thing to keep in mind is that Isco is the kind of guy that always wants to be near his family and doesn't want to leave his country to live elsewhere.

There's a reason we haven't signed anyone besides Morata and that's because Zidane feels we have a good squad that can challenge for all the titles possible. At this point no big name will be leaving Madrid and only Kova(on loan) might leave but everybody else will be staying, at least for this season. Is it too crowded in midfield? Sure but Zidane has shown a willingness to rotate and give everyone a fair share of playing time so I think everything will be fine.
NYCLaker
Junior
And1: 23

Post#154 » by NYCLaker » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:46 pm

ZIdane is such a strange manager.

Such an elegant and brilliant player, yet, chooses to bench his most elegant players in Isco and James and play conservative football instead.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#155 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:56 pm

Hala Madrid!
The ModFather

Man of Steel
Lead Assistant
And1: 548

Post#156 » by Man of Steel » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:26 pm

In terms of transfers I think it's going to be an interesting summer. Only move I'd bet on is Atleti's Theo Hernandez at leftback since he's made it somewhat clear he's keen on a move. Rumours are always for up top- Hazard and Griezmann along with Mbappe this summer it seems, but the only way I see a single one of those coming to fruition is with the sale of Benzema or Bale.

Still leaves the middle of the park, where we have Asensio, Casemiro, Isco, James, Kovacic, Kroos, and Modric.
- Asensio is the youngest yet earning minutes
- Casemiro's spot is locked in as the deepest
- Isco has some doubts but I think we bet on him
- James is class but seems to be the most doubtful
- Kovacic doesn't seem unsettled despite minutes
- Kroos is world class and getting minutes
- Modric signs of slowing down but I still rate him

If we're setting Casemiro's spot aside and still fielding our 3 forwards, that leaves 6 midfielders for 2 spots. My money is on one of James, Bale, or Benzema being sold this summer just to make the current squad work, but another galactico would only further complicate things.
HALA MADRID || GO LEAFS GO || LET'S GO RAPTORS
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#157 » by Baphomet » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:12 pm

Holy crap, welcome back Man of Steel! Long time no see.

I really wish Spurs would make a move for Isco, Pochettino has confirmed the club's interest in him, but I don't think Real have any incentive to part with him. And we also have two fine attacking midfielders already in Alli and Eriksen...
Man of Steel
Lead Assistant

Post#158 » by Man of Steel » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:29 pm

Baphomet wrote:Holy crap, welcome back Man of Steel! Long time no see.

I really wish Spurs would make a move for Isco, Pochettino has confirmed the club's interest in him, but I don't think Real have any incentive to part with him. And we also have two fine attacking midfielders already in Alli and Eriksen...

Cheers bud! Was working on my masters thesis, got ridiculously busy haha. Nice to be posting again now I've got some free time.

I think Bale is more available than Isco, albeit at a cost. His injuries are worrisome these days, phenomenal though he may be. Doubt we'd sell back since it'd probably be at a loss but, if he had to leave, I'd want it to be Spurs. James seems the most available of these players to be honest- I know with Eriksen there's less room for a #10 but he plays an advanced role with Columbia that he could really thrive in at club level if he's the clear #1 option up front.

Expecting, if we do the dumb thing and splurge on Griezmann or Hazard, to see Bale, James, or Benzema at either a London club, or United. Can't see us selling any of them for under 50M though.
Man of Steel
Lead Assistant

Post#159 » by Man of Steel » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:08 pm

Welp. Isco going nowhere I reckon. Haha
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#160 » by Baphomet » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:44 pm

Big win. Now 6 points ahead of Barca, who play Sociedad later, with 7 to play.

Return to The General Soccer Board