Forum Tournament Knockout Stage - BUCKnation wins!

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

Whose team would win?

poeman
42%
BUCKnation
58%

Total votes: 19

blkout
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,914

Re: Forum Tournament Knockout Stage - Final (Vote!) 

Post#81 » by blkout » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:26 am

edfmx86 wrote:Wow Blkout, thats amazing. Thanks for doing that.

I would LOOOVE to do another one these some other time to sim it through that. Someday.

I was thinking about that as I was doing it. It's not really a lot of work, might be worth looking into for next season.
poeman
General Manager
And1: 7,066

Post#82 » by poeman » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:17 pm

blkout wrote:

I would LOOOVE to do another one these some other time to sim it through that. Someday.

I was thinking about that as I was doing it. It's not really a lot of work, might be worth looking into for next season.

Maybe rather then a group stage, we just do a knockout tournament with 2 legs using your awesome Football Manager

I think that would spice things up...Feel like that was too much clutter in the group stage and this could help
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#83 » by truth18 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:23 pm

poeman wrote:
blkout wrote:

Maybe rather then a group stage, we just do a knockout tournament with 2 legs using your awesome Football Manager

I think that would spice things up...Feel like that was too much clutter in the group stage and this could help

I really like this idea. I know I didn't have the strongest team but the group stage felt more like a popularity contest. Really thought I deserved at least one win and simming in FM14 (15 is out for PC in November) could help a lot.
YOU LOSE
poeman
General Manager

Post#84 » by poeman » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:26 pm

truth18 wrote:
poeman wrote:
blkout wrote:

I really like this idea. I know I didn't have the strongest team but the group stage felt more like a popularity contest. Really thought I deserved at least one win and simming in FM14 (15 is out for PC in November) could help a lot.

I need to do my research on FM...I have been playing FIFA for years but I am seriously fed up with EA and their stupid handicapping and scripting to balance fair play.

I literally bought these TOTS players and all of a sudden my team cannot make a pass and I dropped from Division 1 (after being there for 4 months) to Division 5. Time for my to do some sim strategy football. I love that type of game
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,956

Post#85 » by BUCKnation » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:31 pm

Yeah, FM is like playing a career mode where you don't play. Except it is unbelievably deeper.

I still like to play in games, but it is a different perspective.

I hear you though regarding handicap on UT. I have a fitness team with a bunch of OP players (Benzema, David Luiz, Cech, Eto, etc...) and it is just as good as any TOTS team. I have been able to buy legends recently though and I haven't suffered from as many issues regarding handicap.
poeman
General Manager

Post#86 » by poeman » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:36 pm

BUCKnation wrote:Yeah, FM is like playing a career mode where you don't play. Except it is unbelievably deeper.

I hear you though regarding handicap on UT. I have a fitness team with a bunch of OP players (Benzema, David Luiz, Cech, Eto, etc...) and it is just as good as any TOTS team. I have been able to buy legends recently though and I haven't suffered from as many issues regarding handicap.

I'm on PS, so don't have the privileges of any legends. FIFA is **** though, FUT makes so much money and EA servers are such crap but it keeps raking in the cash so they dont care.

A real pity
BUCKnation
RealGM

Post#87 » by BUCKnation » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:44 pm

poeman wrote:
BUCKnation wrote:Yeah, FM is like playing a career mode where you don't play. Except it is unbelievably deeper.

I'm on PS, so don't have the privileges of any legends. FIFA is **** though, FUT makes so much money and EA servers are such crap but it keeps raking in the cash so they dont care.

A real pity

For sure. They have frequent maintenance but it doesn't do anything. This year there were so many problems with FUT. I played the game a lot but it really isn't that good, it just kept me playing b/c it is classic addicting FIFA.
truth18
RealGM

Post#88 » by truth18 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:19 pm

I only play FIFA14 online customs/local. The other game modes, including FUT, just seem lacking and broken to me.

Football Manager for my fantasy/club managing needs. FIFA for my active gameplay simulation. Works well for me.
YOU LOSE
edfmx86
Club Captain- MLS Soccer
And1: 199

Post#89 » by edfmx86 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:44 pm

Sounds like I'll be trying out FM15 this winter. Havent played a fun FIFA Carreer in years. I loved it back in the day when you could use money to upgrade staff and stadiums and all that. As for FUT, I love it, that and Pro clubs is all i really play but even I can admit it very screwy sometimes.
poeman
General Manager

Post#90 » by poeman » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:12 pm

edfmx86 wrote:Sounds like I'll be trying out FM15 this winter. Havent played a fun FIFA Carreer in years. I loved it back in the day when you could use money to upgrade staff and stadiums and all that. As for FUT, I love it, that and Pro clubs is all i really play but even I can admit it very screwy sometimes.

Indeed it comes out November right?

Also, I dont need a high powered laptop/computer to play it right?

I have a normal Dell laptop
truth18
RealGM

Post#91 » by truth18 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:37 pm

poeman wrote:
edfmx86 wrote:Sounds like I'll be trying out FM15 this winter. Havent played a fun FIFA Carreer in years. I loved it back in the day when you could use money to upgrade staff and stadiums and all that. As for FUT, I love it, that and Pro clubs is all i really play but even I can admit it very screwy sometimes.

Indeed it comes out November right?

Also, I dont need a high powered laptop/computer to play it right?

I have a normal Dell laptop

Your laptop should be fine. The game's min requirements are pretty minimal I would think.

And yeah, November release for PC (no other platforms right now)
YOU LOSE
Ted Lasso
General Manager
And1: 1,214

Post#92 » by Ted Lasso » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:02 pm

BUCKnation has defeated poeman.

Congratulations to Forum Draft & Tournament Winner BUCKnation!
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Re: Forum Tournament Knockout Stage - BUCKnation wins! 

Post#93 » by 5DOM » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:38 pm

The best team won. Good balance in that team although I quite liked poeman's team as well.
DD12
Assistant Coach
And1: 953

Post#94 » by DD12 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:04 pm

What is FUT?
BUCKnation
RealGM

Post#95 » by BUCKnation » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:23 pm

:rockon:

It was a good final poeman.
MaliBrah
RealGM
And1: 4,331

Post#96 » by MaliBrah » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:21 pm

DD12 wrote:What is FUT?

fifa ultimate team on the fifa games
MaliBrah
RealGM
And1: 4,331

Post#97 » by MaliBrah » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:22 pm

congrats bucknation!
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#98 » by ATL Boy » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:23 pm

Congrats BUCKnation
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
truth18
RealGM

Post#99 » by truth18 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:50 pm

Congrats Bucknation! Well deserved.
YOU LOSE
treiz
RealGM
And1: 564

Post#100 » by treiz » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:46 pm

Congrats BUCK!

Return to The General Soccer Board