Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

No_20
Veteran
And1: 319

Re: 2014 

Post#1241 » by No_20 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:09 am

Will Pogba be ready for the semis?
Dirk Nowitzki, Steve Nash, Kevin Garnett, Toni Kroos, Pep Guardiola, Ernst Happel, Joachim Löw.
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,231

Post#1242 » by EArl » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:14 am

Boognish wrote:Image

Suarez is going to bite his ass again.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Post#1243 » by J-Mezzy » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:48 am

Man of Steel wrote:Was definitely not expecting an easy time today but I had a feeling Chicharito would be a lot less easy to cover tan Benzema with his unpredictable movements. I've doubted his place here, even benched on loan, but he's been proving me wrong of late. Really excited to see who we match up with. In the shape we're in, they'll all be a challenge, but Carlo's proved he can pull a rabbit out of his ass when things look bleak. Won't doubt him again.

liked my Arrda jinx? Lol. Carlo deserves credit, but just like LVG, injuries forced him to do the right thing. I'm sure he'll be back to BBC soon and take a step back again :-(
J-Mezzy
RealGM

Post#1244 » by J-Mezzy » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:08 am

Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
J-Mezzy
RealGM

Post#1245 » by J-Mezzy » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:14 am

Ted Lasso
General Manager
And1: 1,214

Post#1246 » by Ted Lasso » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:58 am

MaliBrah wrote:
No_20 wrote:Has FFP ruined the parity in the CL?

2 of Bayern/Madrid/Barcelona made the semis in the last 6 seasons.

nah I don't think FFP has anything to do with it. They're just bigger and stronger than everyone else.

I think this is insufficient evidence (barely evidence at all, in fact), but FFP does have an undeniable preservation effect. How is a non-elite team ever going to become permanently elite under FFP? There is no conceivable manner in which it could possibly happen. And that is precisely what was intended behind closed doors.

Meanwhile, more odd & unnecessary format changes from Platini:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... gs-amended
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#1247 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:07 pm

Man of Steel wrote:Was definitely not expecting an easy time today but I had a feeling Chicharito would be a lot less easy to cover tan Benzema with his unpredictable movements. I've doubted his place here, even benched on loan, but he's been proving me wrong of late. Really excited to see who we match up with. In the shape we're in, they'll all be a challenge, but Carlo's proved he can pull a rabbit out of his ass when things look bleak. Won't doubt him again.

it worked to what I've been ranting about.... how complacent or stiff Benz can play where as Chicharrito was all over the place looking to get open....

i'm so happy it finally panned out.

It's not to say who's more talented than who but style of play greatly changed the offensive rhythm and attack when you make a change here and there(due to injury but let it be the case)

HALA MADRID!
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1248 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:10 pm

My guess for the semis

Real vs Bayern
Barca vs Juve

that freaking sucks salty unclean balls
The ModFather

BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,956

Post#1249 » by BUCKnation » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:13 pm

When is the draw?
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1250 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:30 pm

BUCKnation wrote:When is the draw?

Tomorrow, super early in the morning in the states....
The ModFather

Man of Steel
Lead Assistant
And1: 548

Post#1251 » by Man of Steel » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:49 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:

it worked to what I've been ranting about.... how complacent or stiff Benz can play where as Chicharrito was all over the place looking to get open....

It's not to say who's more talented than who but style of play greatly changed the offensive rhythm and attack when you make a change here and there(due to injury but let it be the case)

HALA MADRID!

Yeah, really happy for him, he seemed genuinely overcome with emotion. And even if he isn't better than Benzema, he's definitely had a rough year where he should have/could have played more.

I feel like whoever we play next will be a team we could have beat with our regular 4-3-3 squad though; not sure who will be healthy by the time it rolls around since both Modric and Benzema (less severe) have sprains in knee ligaments. Timeline for Modric is ~6 weeks so if we make the final he'll be back, but Benzema could be out anywhere from 2-6 weeks. Bale's out for a max of 3 weeks with that recurring calf muscle injury so who knows who will be fit by the time the 1st leg rolls around on May 5. Probably going to be a similar lineup compared to yesterday, which I think would get destroyed against attackers like Messi, Suarez, Neymar, Lewandowski, Muller, and Gotze. Against a team where the midfield is a bit more full like Juve, I think we'd do better. Unless we play very pragmatic football, which I just can't see us doing with James and Isco essentially guaranteed to start.
HALA MADRID || GO LEAFS GO || LET'S GO RAPTORS
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1252 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:10 pm

Man of Steel wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:

HALA MADRID!

Yeah, really happy for him, he seemed genuinely overcome with emotion. And even if he isn't better than Benzema, he's definitely had a rough year where he should have/could have played more.

I feel like whoever we play next will be a team we could have beat with our regular 4-3-3 squad though; not sure who will be healthy by the time it rolls around since both Modric and Benzema (less severe) have sprains in knee ligaments. Timeline for Modric is ~6 weeks so if we make the final he'll be back, but Benzema could be out anywhere from 2-6 weeks. Bale's out for a max of 3 weeks with that recurring calf muscle injury so who knows who will be fit by the time the 1st leg rolls around on May 5. Probably going to be a similar lineup compared to yesterday, which I think would get destroyed against attackers like Messi, Suarez, Neymar, Lewandowski, Muller, and Gotze. Against a team where the midfield is a bit more full like Juve, I think we'd do better. Unless we play very pragmatic football, which I just can't see us doing with James and Isco essentially guaranteed to start.

One thing to cheer, and that's not to discredit the final 4, is that Real Madrid won't face a defense such as Athletico's IMO....

Barca's possession makes up for their back four and Juve, i'm not necessarily afraid of at all. Bayern Munich has a good line but they can be beaten, so its a good match but nothing like AM IMO.

Ronaldo and James will break out, just wait and see!
The ModFather

Man of Steel
Lead Assistant
And1: 548

Post#1253 » by Man of Steel » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:21 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:One thing to cheer, and that's not to discredit the final 4, is that Real Madrid won't face a defense such as Athletico's IMO....

Barca's possession makes up for their back four and Juve, i'm not necessarily afraid of at all. Bayern Munich has a good line but they can be beaten, so its a good match but nothing like AM IMO.

They may not be on Atleti's level but Juve are defensively solid in their own way. I'm sure Morata would have extra motivation in that game.

With Bayern I'm not sure because even their injury-riddled lineup seems too stacked, but we've exploited Pep's tactics before, something they'll be out seeking to avenge for sure. Having Xabi is a big bonus for their system though.

With Barca, it's a real toss up- with the personnel we have, a 4-4-2 is likely against any opponent which should limit their counter opportunities, but not having Benzema pressing their centre backs or Bale running at their fullbacks will be a big miss.
HALA MADRID || GO LEAFS GO || LET'S GO RAPTORS
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1254 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:34 pm

Man of Steel wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:One thing to cheer, and that's not to discredit the final 4, is that Real Madrid won't face a defense such as Athletico's IMO....

They may not be on Atleti's level but Juve are defensively solid in their own way. I'm sure Morata would have extra motivation in that game.

With Bayern I'm not sure because even their injury-riddled lineup seems too stacked, but we've exploited Pep's tactics before, something they'll be out seeking to avenge for sure. Having Xabi is a big bonus for their system though.

With Barca, it's a real toss up- with the personnel we have, a 4-4-2 is likely against any opponent which should limit their counter opportunities, but not having Benzema pressing their centre backs or Bale running at their fullbacks will be a big miss.

Maybe Juve is.... I haven't paid too much attention but their opponents weren't really offensively potent thus far unless i'm blanking on somebody.

Bayern will be fun, they leave themselves open for hits if the right team can capitalize. They just have the offense that can overpower you though.

I agree, good point with Barca about missing Benz and Bale. That speed will surely be missed...
The ModFather

EArl
RealGM

Post#1255 » by EArl » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:13 pm

J-Mezzy wrote:Image

:lol:
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
SniperHawk10
Starter
And1: 156

Post#1256 » by SniperHawk10 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:13 pm

Want juve in the semis
Assuming we beat them, want to face bayern in the finals. It'll be tough, but it'll be a fun game

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
DD12
Assistant Coach
And1: 953

Post#1257 » by DD12 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:47 pm

Bayern will face Juve. They will literally reach the final after playing against Donetsk, Porto, Juve :)

Barca-Real will play each other.
EArl
RealGM

Post#1258 » by EArl » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:13 am

DD12 wrote:Bayern will face Juve. They will literally reach the final after playing against Donetsk, Porto, Juve :)

Barca-Real will play each other.

I can definitely see that happening. Bayern always luck out in these draws.
I think we can beat Real, but it's going to be tough.
J-Mezzy
RealGM

Post#1259 » by J-Mezzy » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:25 am

[youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UGCxzkLG-O0[/youtube]
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Post#1260 » by El Turco » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:12 am

ok
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.

Return to The General Soccer Board