2014-15 German Bundesliga Discussion Thread (Part II)

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

Who grab those final two CL spots(two options)?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:39 pm

Borussia Moenchengladbach
43%
Bayer Leverkusen
43%
Schalke 04
14%
FC Augsburg
No votes
other team
No votes

Total votes: 21

Det the Threat
Head Coach
And1: 354

Post#1 » by Det the Threat » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:39 pm

We're headed into the last rounds of the league and it's going to be a very interesting finish to the season.

It seems like Bayern will win the league again having a ten point lead over Wolfsburg with eight games to go.
Behind both of them there are Gladbach(47 points) and Leverkusen(45 points) who have a cushion of at least six points ahead of Schalke.

The relegation zone's also a very tight (snails)race with quite a few teams being very close.
HSV just released coach Joe Zinnbauer after losing to Berlin and sitting at 16th place.

So let's keep the discussion up about the league of the world cup champions.
DD12
Assistant Coach
And1: 953

Post#2 » by DD12 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:11 pm

Congrats bud
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,543

Post#3 » by Andi Obst » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:14 pm

Knowing what a team coached by Favre can do with a competent management makes me want to kill Preetz.

Oh and Raffael scored twice :nonono:
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Re: 2014-15 German Bundesliga Discussion Thread (Part II) 

Post#4 » by truth18 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:16 pm

Wall of shame from the last thread (you can put this in the op of you want)

1. Foye (589)

2. Little Nathan (243)
3. Det the Threat (203)
4. cgf (185)
5. DD12 (143)
6. truth18 (125)
7. No_20 (123)

8. Maex (68)
9. El Turco (37)

Hoping to make the top five this thread lol.

We are not worthy Foye. Almost 600 posts.
YOU LOSE
DD12
Assistant Coach

Post#5 » by DD12 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:43 pm

Dude sleeps with this league but still manage to not know anything about it lmaoo
Det the Threat
Head Coach

Post#6 » by Det the Threat » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:03 pm

Robben had to leave the pitch against Gladbach and suffered a rib injury.
He could miss up to two months.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,458

Post#7 » by Foye » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:10 pm

DD12 wrote:Dude sleeps with this league but still manage to not know anything about it lmaoo

Coming from the one who said Besiktas was the best team in the EL. :roll:
No_20
Veteran
And1: 319

Post#8 » by No_20 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:09 pm

Det the Threat wrote:Robben had to leave the pitch against Gladbach and suffered a rib injury.
He could miss up to two months.

Two months. No. If that was the case he would be out of the CL semis.

Bild: Bei Bayern hoffen jetzt alle, dass Robben zumindest im Champions-League-Halbfinale (5. und 6. Mai) wieder auflaufen kann.

I remind you that Bild are spot on when it comes to Bayern(and HSV)
Dirk Nowitzki, Steve Nash, Kevin Garnett, Toni Kroos, Pep Guardiola, Ernst Happel, Joachim Löw.
Det the Threat
Head Coach

Post#9 » by Det the Threat » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:45 pm

Lars Stindl will transfer from Hannover to Borussia Moenchengladbach this summer.
Stindl joins Borussia

He's a very good midfielder who can play different positions, will cost about €3 M thanks to a buyout clause in his contract and sign a five year deal with Gladbach.
Foye

Post#10 » by Foye » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:46 pm

Stindl to Gladbach. Eberl manages to complete a great deal once again. One of (if not the best) managers in the league currently.
DD12
Assistant Coach

Post#11 » by DD12 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:16 pm

Why do buli teams put these stupid price tags on player's contracts as a buyout clause? What the hell is 3 mil?
Foye

AW: Re: 2014-15 German Bundesliga Discussion Thread (Part II) 

Post#12 » by Foye » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:32 pm

DD12 wrote:Why do buli teams put these stupid price tags on player's contracts as a buyout clause? What the hell is 3 mil?

Because otherwise these players wouldnt have agreed to sign the contract.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Det the Threat
Head Coach

Post#13 » by Det the Threat » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:41 pm

DD12 wrote:Why do buli teams put these stupid price tags on player's contracts as a buyout clause? What the hell is 3 mil?

You're not in southern europe where players have to have an opt out clause in their contract and teams put bogus numbers in those contracts just for the sake of it.

Stindl extended his contract in 2012, while already having offers from other clubs(Gladbach included) and it would've ended next summer. Hannover had to include the clause to sign him and now they're in a pretty bad spot given that a lot of things went downhill lateley(no ultras anymore, terrible 2nd half of the season which puts them in danger of being relegated etc.), which makes them a pretty unstable environment.

The interesting thing will be where Favre wants to play Stindl. He could play Kramer's position but he's really offensive minded and could also play on the wing or behind the strikers.

BTW: Gladbach will most likely extend CB Rould Brouwers for another season. Could mean that Schar won't be bought(there are no rumors about him for quite some time) and maybe wants to buy a younger guy like Willi Orban of Kaiserslautern.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,991

Post#14 » by cgf » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:48 pm

Gotta love the 3 Kusen fans that exist, had one explain to me yesterday how Stindl was a decent backup while Castro had top 5 starter quality, ignoring that Stindl is basically the rich man's Castro. Anyway, great pickup. He'll thrive if he ends up in Kramer's job as the vertical 8 next to Xhaka.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,991

Post#15 » by cgf » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:51 pm

It's a relic from the post tv-deal-burst era used to keep wages low. The BuLi gets less in transfer fees but also pays less in wages because of it, so they don't need as massive of transfer fees to balances the books and could recruit talent for much less than their english or portuguese counterparts.

Although the league has been trending away from this and you're seeing both wages and buyout fees rising steadily with the bigger clubs.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Foye

Post#16 » by Foye » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:49 am

Seems like Wolfsburg will be all-in for Lukaku in summer. Option B is Mandzukic.

It would be smarter to overpay for a close to world class CB I guess. That's more of a need for them. They can score. :dontknow:
TheChosen
Junior
And1: 51

Post#17 » by TheChosen » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:01 am

Foye wrote:Seems like Wolfsburg will be all-in for Lukaku in summer. Option B is Mandzukic.

It would be smarter to get a world class CB I guess. :dontknow:

I love Lukaku so I would appreciate seeing him in our league. They definitely have to do something on that position ; Bas Dost had a hot streak but you´ll never know if he can do that over the course of a whole season and if he should be your go-to guy in a Champions League game , and Bendtner is too unsteady. I agree with you though and believe we´ll see a couple of transfers since they don´t want to get eliminated in group stage I think. Word is that they have pole position for 17-year old midfielder Youri Tielemans , which would be great. He has massive potential.
"Hard work beats talent,when talent fails to work hard." - Kevin Durant
Foye

Post#18 » by Foye » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:10 am

TheChosen wrote:
Foye wrote:Seems like Wolfsburg will be all-in for Lukaku in summer. Option B is Mandzukic.

I love Lukaku so I would appreciate seeing him in our league. They definitely have to do something on that position ; Bas Dost had a hot streak but you´ll never know if he can do that over the course of a whole season and if he should be your go-to guy in a Champions League game , and Bendtner is too unsteady. I agree with you though and believe we´ll see a couple of transfers since they don´t want to get eliminated in group stage I think. Word is that they have pole position for 17-year old midfielder Youri Tielemans , which would be great. He has massive potential.

They should put the money into Garay from Zenit if you ask me. :dontknow:

Naldo and Knoche are ok but after that it gets criminal. They have Klose who is awful and Felipe who hasn't made a game for years after having an apopleptic stroke. The strikers are obviously a concern, too, though.
TheChosen
Junior
And1: 51

Post#19 » by TheChosen » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:26 am

Foye wrote:
TheChosen wrote:

Naldo and Knoche are ok but after that it gets criminal. They have Klose who is awful and Felipe who hasn't made a game for years after having an apopleptic stroke. The strikers are obviously a concern, too, though.

Would love Garay but he get´s paid big time in russia..Dragovic from Kiev would be a good option though. Depending on Felipe´s health they even have to buy two CB..that´s of course their weakest position. Don´t know if a then 33-year old Naldo is good enough for the starting Lineup in CL-games..
"Hard work beats talent,when talent fails to work hard." - Kevin Durant
Foye

Post#20 » by Foye » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:33 pm

TheChosen wrote:
Foye wrote:
TheChosen wrote:

Would love Garay but he get´s paid big time in russia..Dragovic from Kiev would be a good option though. Depending on Felipe´s health they even have to buy two CB..that´s of course their weakest position. Don´t know if a then 33-year old Naldo is good enough for the starting Lineup in CL-games..

I believe they are after Doria from Marseille (currently playing for Sao Paolo). That would be more a long-term project than an immediate upgrade, though.

Return to The General Soccer Board