2015-16 German Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

2015-16 German Bundesliga Discussion Thread 

Post#201 » by ATL Boy » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:35 am

mercgold3 wrote:http://m.livesoccertv.com/news/12429/transfer-rumors-borussia-dortmund-would-bid-25-million-euros-for-porto-s-hector-herrera/

Hum...

Now or never I guess. Next year it's a very real possibility that Gündogan and Hummels will leave. Looks like we want one more run at the Rose pedals.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
No_20
Veteran
And1: 319

Re: 2015-16 German Bundesliga Discussion Thread 

Post#202 » by No_20 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:00 pm

2015 Telekom Cup Sieger.
Dirk Nowitzki, Steve Nash, Kevin Garnett, Toni Kroos, Pep Guardiola, Ernst Happel, Joachim Löw.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,543

Post#203 » by Andi Obst » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:38 pm

Only watched the Gladbach vs Bayern game. My god, that was horrible.
Det the Threat
Head Coach
And1: 354

Re: 

Post#204 » by Det the Threat » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:06 pm

Little Nathan wrote:Only watched the Gladbach vs Bayern game. My god, that was horrible.

Well, that whole tournament was way too early.
Most of the top players weren't taking part because they just came back from holidays and need to train before playing games.

Though, still nice watching Favre having fun with the youngsters scoring penalties. :lol:
Hijinks
Analyst
And1: 1,327

Post#205 » by Hijinks » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:16 am

glorious hsv wins prestigious telekom cup. declared best club ever!
too many urkels on your team, that's why your wins low
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,989

Post#206 » by cgf » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:15 am

Hijinks wrote:glorious hsv wins prestigious telekom cup. declared best club ever!

Telekom Cup + Relegation Playoff Trophy will make this the most successful HSV season in decades.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Andi Obst
General Manager

AW: Re: Re: 

Post#207 » by Andi Obst » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:52 am

Det the Threat wrote:Though, still nice watching Favre having fun with the youngsters scoring penalties. :lol:

Oh yeah, easily the highlight of the game. He was so happy :lol:
Det the Threat
Head Coach
And1: 354

Post#208 » by Det the Threat » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:38 pm

Amin Younes signs with Ajax on a three year deal.
Gladbach should receive about €1M or so.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,458

Post#209 » by Foye » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:09 am

Who could've guessed Pizarro might be the last man standing? :lol:
cgf
RealGM

Post#210 » by cgf » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:02 am

Can't wait to see how Favre utilizes the talents at his disposal, but I'd love to see something like a:

Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Kaiser30
Senior
And1: 172

Post#211 » by Kaiser30 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:36 am

Foye wrote:Who could've guessed Pizarro might be the last man standing? :lol:

Actually, Piza is gone too (although Pep has offered him joining his staff).

But it looks like he could get another contract after he impressed Reschke at Copa America.
Foye

AW: Re: 2015-16 German Bundesliga Discussion Thread 

Post#212 » by Foye » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:50 am

Kaiser30 wrote:
Foye wrote:Who could've guessed Pizarro might be the last man standing? :lol:

Actually, Piza is gone too (although Pep has offered him joining his staff).

But it looks like he could get another contract after he impressed Reschke at Copa America.

Thats why I said might be the last man standing.

I always wonder what Bayern fans think about Guardiola?
Do you agree he basically destroyed Heynckes team?
Kaiser30
Senior
And1: 172

Re: AW: Re: 2015-16 German Bundesliga Discussion Thread 

Post#213 » by Kaiser30 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:20 pm

Foye wrote:Thats why I said might be the last man standing.

Sorry, should've read more carefully :lol:

I think people are overstating Bayern's treble winning season. They of course had a tremendous run, but many many parts went into their favour. Outside of Kroos, they didn't have to deal with injuries to important players. Müller played well as his replacement and you could say he changed the dynamic of the team for the better. Müller suited much better into the counter attacking approach.
On the other hand, Barca was weaker than the years before and Messi obviously not able to play up to his normal standard. So normally, Bayern should not beat Barca 7:1 over two legs. The same is true for their recent matchup though where this time Bayern really had bad luck with injuries.

In order to win cup tournaments, you need as many players as possible at the top of their game in March, April and May. That is a situation which Pep never has had so far as in both seasons important players were injured towards the end of the season.

Personally, I think Pep's approach in keeping possession of the ball instead of just waiting for mistakes of the opponent and converting these into counter attacks is much much better suited to Bayern. Mia san mia, you know. :wink:
As a top team, 95% of Bayern's opponents are focussed on having a solid defense and not allowing any goals in the first place while waiting for their chances to hit Bayern on the counter. In my opinion, it is not reasonable as a top team to copy this style of play as someone has to take the ball and show the willingness to dominate and win the game. That is also one important point while I think Klopp wasn't able to succeed anymore. If you are successful and your team's reputation increases, you need to be able to create goal scoring opportunities outside of counter attacks and against set defenses.

So while I absolutely appreciate the treble winning season and Heynckes, I don't believe they could have had another run like this and Pep's changes were necessary. I'm also convinced that the current Bayern team is easily better than the one in 2012/2013. Unfortunately though, too many people only compare the results.
Foye

Re: AW: Re: 2015-16 German Bundesliga Discussion Thread 

Post#214 » by Foye » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:26 pm

Kaiser30 wrote:
Foye wrote:Thats why I said might be the last man standing.

Sorry, should've read more carefully :lol:

I think people are overstating Bayern's treble winning season. They of course had a tremendous run, but many many parts went into their favour. Outside of Kroos, they didn't have to deal with injuries to important players. Müller played well as his replacement and you could say he changed the dynamic of the team for the better. Müller suited much better into the counter attacking approach.
On the other hand, Barca was weaker than the years before and Messi obviously not able to play up to his normal standard. So normally, Bayern should not beat Barca 7:1 over two legs. The same is true for their recent matchup though where this time Bayern really had bad luck with injuries.

In order to win cup tournaments, you need as many players as possible at the top of their game in March, April and May. That is a situation which Pep never has had so far as in both seasons important players were injured towards the end of the season.

Personally, I think Pep's approach in keeping possession of the ball instead of just waiting for mistakes of the opponent and converting these into counter attacks is much much better suited to Bayern. Mia san mia, you know. :wink:
As a top team, 95% of Bayern's opponents are focussed on having a solid defense and not allowing any goals in the first place while waiting for their chances to hit Bayern on the counter. In my opinion, it is not reasonable as a top team to copy this style of play as someone has to take the ball and show the willingness to dominate and win the game. That is also one important point while I think Klopp wasn't able to succeed anymore. If you are successful and your team's reputation increases, you need to be able to create goal scoring opportunities outside of counter attacks and against set defenses.

So while I absolutely appreciate the treble winning season and Heynckes, I don't believe they could have had another run like this and Pep's changes were necessary. I'm also convinced that the current Bayern team is easily better than the one in 2012/2013. Unfortunately though, too many people only compare the results.

So you are basically one of the Guardiola homers.

I do agree that Guardiola's approach is better for the Bundesliga since especially the lower table teams do not have the individual quality to exploit the high standing Bayern defense. Meanwhile Bayern standing higher can put more pressure on them.

However, I don't think Bayern will ever win the CL with Guardiola's tactic.
Quality defending teams just need to sit back and take care of the good counter attacking chances Bayern basically always give up or pressure Xabi Alonso who is simply not quick enough to play on UCL level anymore.

Also, Heynckes squad was much more balanced. The defense was rock solid and much better coordinated than it is these days.
You are selling Heynckes short if you say they were a counter attacking side. They had a lot of possession back then, too, and didn't really have to rely on other teams mistakes at all. The offense was just as potent as it is now, if not even better.
cgf
RealGM

Post#215 » by cgf » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:31 pm

To be fair foye, he's not selling Heynkes short any more than you do Pep lol

Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#216 » by Andi Obst » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:55 pm

Vidal on his way to Bayern? Would love to see him back in the BL.
cgf
RealGM

Re: 

Post#217 » by cgf » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:03 pm

Little Nathan wrote:Vidal on his way to Bayern? Would love to see him back in the BL.

Would rather they took Kramer off of Leverkusen. :evil:

Foye

AW: Re: 2015-16 German Bundesliga Discussion Thread 

Post#218 » by Foye » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:37 pm

cgf wrote:To be fair foye, he's not selling Heynkes short any more than you do Pep lol

Maybe yeah. :grin:

OT: someone just broke my nose while playing football...one more check in my endless injury list from football lol.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using RealGM Forums mobile app
No_20
Veteran
And1: 319

Post#219 » by No_20 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:15 pm

Hoffenheim new kits. My eyes hurt. What a pointless tinpot "club".
Dirk Nowitzki, Steve Nash, Kevin Garnett, Toni Kroos, Pep Guardiola, Ernst Happel, Joachim Löw.
cgf
RealGM

Post#220 » by cgf » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:10 am

Shouldn't you be preparing an explanation for why Tah actually just wasn't good enough for HSV, and that that is why Bayer are poaching him off of you?

Return to The General Soccer Board